PDA

View Full Version : Beach club or Poly?? First family trip

love2go2disney2
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
We are going at the end of May for 8 Days!!! I have been to WDW since 1992 as a teenager, but my last visit was 2005. This is our first family trip to WDW. I have children ages 7,5, and 2. My husband and I keep chaging our minds where to stay. We are thinking Beach club or Poly. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

jackemail
09-03-2010, 05:25 PM
We are going at the end of May for 8 Days!!! I have been to WDW since 1992 as a teenager, but my last visit was 2005. This is our first family trip to WDW. I have children ages 7,5, and 2. My husband and I keep chaging our minds where to stay. We are thinking Beach club or Poly. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

Can't go wrong with either, BUT....with the ages of your kids, I would have to recommend Poly. Access to the Magic Kingdom will be the easiest, with the monorail or the boat, and I assume you will be spending a lot of time at the MK! You can watch the fireworks from the beach every night. The 2 oldest will enjoy the volcano pool, the youngest will like the squirty area by the pool.

carrie1626
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Given only those two choices.- POLY. You'll spend more time at MK than Epcot.

I wouldn't let the pool be the deciding factor, kids at that age like WATER no matter where.

Pakey
09-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I would say the Poly also. It's so convenient and honestly, I find SAB (pool at BC) to be hectic and difficult to keep an eye on children, not relaxing at all.

dragonfly57005
09-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Poly. The monorail makes it easier with your young kids.

DLo
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
another vote for poly . we have stayed at both and like both. i would agree with others that with the age of your kids you will be spending more time at mk therefore making poly the better choice. Plus it has beautiful grounds, good food options, and close to ttc. Both are great so you can't really go wrong.

mickeynut1
09-03-2010, 07:39 PM
We have stayed at both and both are great resorts, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Poly :goodvibes. The BC is nice and SAB is a great pool complex, but the Poly is very convenient to the MK and you can't beat sitting on the beach watching the fireworks :wizard:. Plus the rooms at the Poly are bigger than at the BC ;). Good luck deciding, although you really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great :).

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I would go with the Polynesian because in my opinion they have a better theme and atmosphere.

DisneyTravelers2008
09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Poly---you will love the monorail to MK and Epcot---so VERY convenient!

And you can sit on the beach at hte POLY and see the MK fireworks...

Disney grandma
09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Definitely Poly - for all of the reasons stated above. We loved our stay when we were there.

guitarob
09-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Another vote for the Polynesian. :thumbsup2

1971DBday
09-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Poly! If you will have a stroller (2 yr old - that would be a yes) that will be two parks (MK and EPCOT) that you don't have to fold up the stroller to get on the bus. When you have a 2 yr old that has passed out from exhaustion it is a fabulous feeling just to roll them onto the monorail.

I agree with mickeynut1 not to let the pool be the deciding factor. However, our kids loved the Poly's Volcano pool - not to mention you can see Cinderella's Castle from the pool - it just adds to the magic. By the way during the day at the Poly they have a lot of kids activities and contests by the pool. They are all very age appropriate for all of your kids (give and take)!

hill6
09-04-2010, 08:14 AM
kids that young the Poly gets my vote,

tony67
09-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Like everyone else said the Poly.

Being able to hop on the monorail mid day and them come back to the MK is a great option.
With the bus it is a pain.

It is also nice to have east access to the other monorail resorts.

padawans
09-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Was at the poly this May for nine days. Kids the same age as yours minus the 2 year old. Loved loved loved it. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Poly-Anna
09-04-2010, 09:21 AM
We frequently split stay our Disney vacations, depending on how many days we have. Our upcoming Mom & Son trip is 3 nights at GF and 2 nights at BC. The best of both worlds! That way we concentrate on MK the first half and Epcot/HS the second. Have fun! :thumbsup2

hannahryan
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
POLY all the way. Love them both, but the POLY is just so much more magical! It's the only place even my teenagers want to stay.

ShelsGoingToDisney
09-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I agree with the others, Poly! I have stayed both and both are great but the Poly is favored over BC in our family. Especially with the ages of your kids!

chimo2u
09-04-2010, 04:49 PM
POLY all the way. Love them both, but the POLY is just so much more magical! It's the only place even my teenagers want to stay.

I was happy to hear this! :goodvibes My son and I are headed to WDW in FEB (he's 14). I just changed our ressie to the POLY from BC due to the theme and monorail access, and not to mention a $200 savings for practically the same room category (Club Level)....I hope we enjoy it as much as you! :goodvibes
(PS..guess I need to change my ticker...again! :yay:)

DRDISNEYMD
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I second what others have said about young children and the monorail resorts, you will be grateful for this. Also, the Polynesian is so beautiful and tranquil. After a busy day at the parks, the Poly is a wonderful place to come back and unwind. Have a great trip. :)

DisneyDad64
09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Both are excellent choices but the Poly would be the best given your children's ages. When they get a little older try the Beach Club. We stay there often and love it.

Gigi22
09-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Unless your kids are absolute swimming/water fanatics, stay at the Poly. From their ages, your family sounds a bit too young to want to spend a lot of time at Epcot, the closest park to the BC--so I would say that the sheer convenience of being in a monorail resort is probably your most important criteria for selecting a resort.

kaysmommie
09-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Now don't get me wrong I love the Poly. But choosing between the BC and Poly I would go with BC after our stay in June. The room was much cleaner and nicer than our previous rooms when we stayed at Poly :eek: The pool at BC is fabulous and they do games and a pool party everyday for the kids. Mine loved this! Also the sane area for the little kids is huge and so much fun for them. There were always plenty of pool chairs too. At Poly we had to stalk people that were leaving to find a place to put our stuff or find one chair for at least me to get some sun. They have a pool hopping problem at the Poly, trust me we stayed there twice. Now if your not planning to be at the pool everyday then it won't matter much. Being on the monorail is nice but so is walking/ boating to and from HS and Epcot. Nothing is better then walking back to BC after Illuminations :cloud9:. We like both resorts but have to give the slight edge to BC.