PDA

View Full Version : VIP Room Cleaning?

Jonell
09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? Is a service that you have to pay extra for?

Tess
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? Is a service that you have to pay extra for?

It is a special cleaning performed at the resorts for those with extreme allergies. It is by request and there is no additional charge. Since we have never availed ourselves of the service, I am not sure which department you would contact to make the request.

Evi
09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Its a medically necessary cleaning it could be for someone who has life threatening allergies or an immune disorder.

disneyba
09-03-2010, 07:24 PM
The VIP cleaning is, as other posters have said, for those who have serious allergies. The room is given a special cleaning before you occupy it.

We had one done for my daughter and grandson's allergies at CBR in 2007. They did a good job of cleaning the room. There was only one problem. The cleaning agents they used were so strong that the smell of them in the room was overpowering.

So while those in our party with allergies benefitted from a very clean room, they were bothered by the strong disinfectant smell, as we all were.

This is one drawback to be aware of if you plan on requesting a VIP cleaning. Personally, I would take my chances and not get one, unless it were absolutely necessary. We stayed at POR two times after that, never requested a VIP cleaning, and didn't miss it, especially the smell.

And no, there was not an extra charge for the service. I just called and requested it of central booking.

Hope this helps.

crashbb
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
The other drawback is that you are stuck with that room - no chance of changing if you don't like the view/location/whatever.

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
1) There are two levels of special cleaning.
2) The VIP is the second or lowest level.
. . . usually done for allergies
. . . typically involves more intensive cleaning
. . . requires a special request and for a specific reason
. . . and, it not done jsut becauuse someone asks for it
3) There is one more level that is superior to VIP.
4) But, we won't discuss that one here.

amy1976
09-05-2010, 08:49 AM
We had it done on our last trip to CR because my daughter has bad allergies and can not use harsh detergents or cleaners with any scent. They did a good job and everyday they dropped off blankets for her bed that were washed separately, I guess. There was no strong smell of cleaners but maybe that was because her allergy is to harsh detergents with scent.

amy1976
09-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Oh...she also has asthma but I don't know what special cleaning was done for that.

summerrluvv
09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I had no idea they do this, and I have to say WOW, how awesome and just another extraordinary thing WDW does to take care of their guests that have special needs. :goodvibes

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I had no idea they do this, and I have to say WOW, how awesome and just another extraordinary thing WDW does to take care of their guests that have special needs. :goodvibes

Actually, almost every hotel will do this, if asked in advance.

phorsenuf
09-05-2010, 10:22 AM

It is a wonderful thing. Lets hope it doesn't get taken advantage of though. ;)

rock_doctor
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
1) ...
3) There is one more level that is superior to VIP.
4) But, we won't discuss that one here.

Good thing since that involves a flame thrower. Now while it is an interesting vision of Mickey carrying a flame thrower it can be dangerous for him as he tends to burn his tail if he not paying attention. :upsidedow

I bring my own linens, towels, blankets and pillows, and that keeps my allergies in check.

kirbsam
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM

if it is discussed here, you can bet it will get taken advantage of.

maxiesmom
09-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Yep. This is not meant for people who are germ-a-phobs. It is a service for people who truly need it, and not to be misused. I have to say, judging by her posting on the transportation board, I am afraid the OP is just wants to make sure her room is really really clean. Not at all what this service is intended to be used for.

tallen429
09-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Well good luck actually getting them to follow through DOING it...even when you call and double check more than once....
Sorry, issues with this "service" were a huge reason our last visit was full of "issues"...

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Good thing since that involves a flame thrower.

1) No.
2) Seriously, there are two levels of VIP cleaning.
3) The lowest level is the one we have been discussing.
4) The other is much more extensive.

Jonell
09-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Well excuse me for asking a question. And BTW Maxiesmom you don't know me or my family's medical issues. If I want to request a VIP cleaning and WDW wants to grant my request then why does that bother you? Believe me I have given Mickey Mouse more than enough money over the years , so if I want the VIP cleaning I won't feel bad about getting it. I can not believe how rude some people can be on these boards. :sad2:

crashbb
09-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Well excuse me for asking a question. And BTW Maxiesmom you don't know me or my family's medical issues. If I want to request a VIP cleaning and WDW wants to grant my request then why does that bother you? Believe me I have given Mickey Mouse more than enough money over the years , so if I want the VIP cleaning I won't feel bad about getting it. I can not believe how rude some people can be on these boards. :sad2:

I thought you were only going to post on the DISabilites board?

Jonell
09-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I thought you were only going to post on the DISabilites board?

At least everyone is understanding and helpful on the DISabilities board. It seems like everytime I post on other boards I get negative feedback. Thanks to all of you that leave helpful feedback.

crashbb
09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Well good luck actually getting them to follow through DOING it...even when you call and double check more than once....
Sorry, issues with this "service" were a huge reason our last visit was full of "issues"...

That really stinks. For those who really need the service. not having it when you expect to have it must cause a lot of issues. At least if you know that no special cleaning was done, you could change what you bring/how you act.

maxiesmom
09-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Well, in your lengthy post over on the transportation board about how your family got sick at WDW last time, you never mentioned someone in your family had a health issue.

If they do, then yes, you should request a deep cleaning. If it is just because you want to make sure you get an extra clean room because you think that will help keep your family from getting sick, but have no real need of a deep cleaning, then no, you shouldn't ask for one. Staying at WDW multiple times does not give you right to abuse that service.

Disney does deep cleanings as a service for families that have extra health issues. If people start asking for it who have no real medical need of it, then that will have a negative effect on the people who really need a deep cleaned room. And even worse, Disney may start charging for it.

If you have someone in your family with a medical need of a deep cleaned room, then you have my apologies for misreading you. However, you never mentioned it along with your worries about germs over on the transportation board. If you have and you do, maybe the advice you had received over there would have been different too. People can only help you so much unless you give them all the important information.

Atotty
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I ask a quick question along these same lines. We're staying at AKV; have stayed here before with absolutely no problems. But this time we're going when my dd's asthma is usually the most active and little things that are usually fine can send her to the ER very quickly.

If we check into a regular room and something sets her asthma off, can we ask for a special cleaning or no harsh chemicals then?

Jonell
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, in your lengthy post over on the transportation board about how your family got sick at WDW last time, you never mentioned someone in your family had a health issue.

If they do, then yes, you should request a deep cleaning. If it is just because you want to make sure you get an extra clean room because you think that will help keep your family from getting sick, but have no real need of a deep cleaning, then no, you shouldn't ask for one. Staying at WDW multiple times does not give you right to abuse that service.

Disney does deep cleanings as a service for families that have extra health issues. If people start asking for it who have no real medical need of it, then that will have a negative effect on the people who really need a deep cleaned room. And even worse, Disney may start charging for it.

If you have someone in your family with a medical need of a deep cleaned room, then you have my apologies for misreading you. However, you never mentioned it along with your worries about germs over on the transportation board. If you have and you do, maybe the advice you had received over there would have been different too. People can only help you so much unless you give them all the important information.

I didn't realize I needed to disclose my family's medical history to receive some friendly advice on these boards. My husband is immunosuppressed along with other issues that I have shared on the disabilities board. My son just seems to get really sick when he picks up things that wouldn't really bother most kids. Most times when he gets sick it results in a trip to the Dr or ER. Two years ago while at Disney he was admitted to Florida Celebration Hospital overnight for dehydration because of the stomach virus. So no I'm not trying to abuse the cleaning service. I spoke to DVC MS and they said they would be happy to put in the request for me. I would happily pay for the service if there were a charge. I do plan on trying to tip mousekeeping for the service if allowed.

LilyWDW
09-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I didn't realize I needed to disclose my family's medical history to receive some friendly advice on these boards. My husband is immunosuppressed along with other issues that I have shared on the disabilities board. My son just seems to get really sick when he picks up things that wouldn't really bother most kids. Most times when he gets sick it results in a trip to the Dr or ER. Two years ago while at Disney he was admitted to Florida Celebration Hospital overnight for dehydration because of the stomach virus. So no I'm not trying to abuse the cleaning service. I spoke to DVC MS and they said they would be happy to put in the request for me. I would happily pay for the service if there were a charge. I do plan on trying to tip mousekeeping for the service if allowed.

Here is the thing and it's true with all message boards out there. If you ask a question, but don't give all the information, then people can not give you the answers you need. The fact your husband has a suppressed immune system is a key point of information. Without it, the post will read a lot different then with it (as you saw). Hopefully, this information will help you in future postings so there is less miscommunication about things.

maxiesmom
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I didn't realize I needed to disclose my family's medical history to receive some friendly advice on these boards.

If the advice you are looking for is meant to keep that family member healthy, then knowing they have an immune issue is a key piece of information. It is not to be nosey or intrusive.

Jonell
09-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Ok so now that we all know why I need the cleaning service. Will it help in this situtation or is it ONLY for people with allergies or is there different types of cleaning? I did tell DVC MS why I needed it.

crashbb
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I ask a quick question along these same lines. We're staying at AKV; have stayed here before with absolutely no problems. But this time we're going when my dd's asthma is usually the most active and little things that are usually fine can send her to the ER very quickly.

If we check into a regular room and something sets her asthma off, can we ask for a special cleaning or no harsh chemicals then?

If it were me, I would just ask for it now. Doing once you are there is likely very difficult. Plus, once your daughter reacts to something, it may be difficult to play "catch up" to get her healthy again.

I guess it depends on how likely you think she is to react to something.

Jonell
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM

If you deceide to ask for the services beforehand keep this in mind from what I was told by a CM. You will not be able to change rooms if you don't like your room for any reason. Also, the cleaning takes time and it may be much later before your room is ready.

Atotty
09-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the advice and replies. :)

brunette8706
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Shouldn't all the Disney resort rooms be deep cleaned after each guests departure? The reason I ask is because there has been some negative reviews about housekeeping re the WL and ALK. Between the dust on the entertainment cabinets and bathrooms that were not appropriately cleaned, really is bothersome.

brunette

mjaclyn
09-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I have to agree that all of the rooms should be deep cleaned and disinfected after each guest has left. I have noticed before in some of the rooms we've stayed in that the cleaning is not up to par. I also really don't like that the blankets on the bed aren't changed after each guest. I fully intend to request that the comforters be cleaned the next time I go to any resort. For the amount of money we spend every trip I expect the room to be cleaned properly.

That being said, I DO appreciate that Disney offers a service for those with severe allergies. I'm not sure what Disney does differently from a regular cleaning, but (to me) that would mean using hypo-allergenic cleaners and special chemicals that are non scented and specifically designed for those who are very sensitive. I have a friend who is extremely allergic to perfumes and certain kinds of cleaners. I would expect a VIP room cleaning to be used for someone like her.

Evi
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM

if her Asthma is chemical induced you can request they not use those chemicals when they clean. This wouldn't be an issue. The room pretty much gets cleaned the same its just matter of what your allergic to is what they will try to target so as not to have you exposed. But if your staying at AKL I would wonder if having the balcony opened would set off her asthma.

As per op who posted requesting clean blankets disney changes linens, all of them between each guest.

Also I think people are misconstruing the wording used to describe the cleaning. This is not about making the room spotless its about removing a particular allergen or trying to lesson exposures to things that can hurt people who have immune or allergy issues. It Doesn't mean you get a special room or super disinfected room per-say. What they do is based on what your medical needs are. Honestly if you have an issue with how clean your room is when you check in you should call housekeeping and if its not resolved I'd ask for the manager. It will get resolved. You can also bring disinfecting wipes if your a germaphobe and wipe everything down to your own satisfaction.

brunette8706
09-06-2010, 08:13 AM
if her Asthma is chemical induced you can request they not use those chemicals when they clean. This wouldn't be an issue. The room pretty much gets cleaned the same its just matter of what your allergic to is what they will try to target so as not to have you exposed. But if your staying at AKL I would wonder if having the balcony opened would set off her asthma.

As per op who posted requesting clean blankets disney changes linens, all of them between each guest.

Also I think people are misconstruing the wording used to describe the cleaning. This is not about making the room spotless its about removing a particular allergen or trying to lesson exposures to things that can hurt people who have immune or allergy issues. It Doesn't mean you get a special room or super disinfected room per-say. What they do is based on what your medical needs are. Honestly if you have an issue with how clean your room is when you check in you should call housekeeping and if its not resolved I'd ask for the manager. It will get resolved. You can also bring disinfecting wipes if your a germaphobe and wipe everything down to your own satisfaction.

Hi. I'm far from a germaphobe, but shouldn't all the rooms be deep cleaned after each guest(s) departure? Deep cleaning meaning NO dust, bathroom mirrors cleaned and bathroom/bedroom spotless. There have been a lot of complaints lately about the sub par house cleaning at WDW. I personallhy don't have a problem with this when I stay at other deluxe hotels such as the Hilton and Marriott. A semi dirty room at WDW should be unacceptable.

brunette

nanalisa
09-06-2010, 08:38 AM

You don't have to disclose any of your family's personal health history, it's nobody's business. You should be able to get a simple answer to your question without someone investigating your former posts. I thought this board was for trip planning, not bullying. OP, I hope your next Disney vacation is a healthy one.

goofy4tink
09-06-2010, 08:56 AM
You don't have to disclose any of your family's personal health history, it's nobody's business. You should be able to get a simple answer to your question without someone investigating your former posts. I thought this board was for trip planning, not bullying. OP, I hope your next Disney vacation is a healthy one.

Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Really, every room should be cleaned completely for each new guest. Each month it should be sop that the room be cleaned thoroughly. There should be nothing along the baseboards, stuff under beds or other furniture. Walls should be wiped down as well as ceilings dusted. All vents should be cleaned, with detergents. Windows, and mirrors should be thoroughly cleaned. Floors in the tub area need to be scrubbed..shower heads need to be sanitized.
None of this should be considered to be 'vip' cleaning..it should be the rule. Every single person deserves a cleaned room. If housekeeping did a really thorough job, on a monthly basis, the rooms would be fine with what they normally do in between each guest now.

I think that if someone needs something 'special' due to health issues, then that's a different catagory. Perhaps they need special detergents used. Fine. No problem with that. If you need that monthly cleaning to be done just prior to your stay, then okay...it will just mean the cycle gets upended a bit..no big deal.
But truly, every single person deserves a clean room..not just a tidied one. And that's what we've been getting lately. Room that have been wiped down and lightly vacced, with a minimum of dusting. The cleaning inbetween guests has become more of what I would expect to be done on a daily basis with housekeeping at WDW. But not anymore. They straighten out your bed, refresh your towels, empty the trash and wipe down your vanity...should take about 10 mins per room. No real cleaning is going on on a daily basis.

Jonell
09-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Thank you very much. :) I'm praying for a heathly trip. I agree that many people are sensitive and private about their medical issues. Some people on these boards should take that into consideration before they jump to conclusions.

brunette8706
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Really, every room should be cleaned completely for each new guest. Each month it should be sop that the room be cleaned thoroughly. There should be nothing along the baseboards, stuff under beds or other furniture. Walls should be wiped down as well as ceilings dusted. All vents should be cleaned, with detergents. Windows, and mirrors should be thoroughly cleaned. Floors in the tub area need to be scrubbed..shower heads need to be sanitized.
None of this should be considered to be 'vip' cleaning..it should be the rule. Every single person deserves a cleaned room. If housekeeping did a really thorough job, on a monthly basis, the rooms would be fine with what they normally do in between each guest now.

I think that if someone needs something 'special' due to health issues, then that's a different catagory. Perhaps they need special detergents used. Fine. No problem with that. If you need that monthly cleaning to be done just prior to your stay, then okay...it will just mean the cycle gets upended a bit..no big deal.
But truly, every single person deserves a clean room..not just a tidied one. And that's what we've been getting lately. Room that have been wiped down and lightly vacced, with a minimum of dusting. The cleaning inbetween guests has become more of what I would expect to be done on a daily basis with housekeeping at WDW. But not anymore. They straighten out your bed, refresh your towels, empty the trash and wipe down your vanity...should take about 10 mins per room. No real cleaning is going on on a daily basis.

Great POST! I concur with everything you stated in bold. Thank you! Brunette:thumbsup2

Jonell
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=goofy4tink;38110861]Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Yes I did have to post my family's health concern's there. Because I was getting alot of negative feedback there also. Who would have thought that asking for advice on keeping your family healthy while on vacation would cause drama :confused3. I think I will limit my post to DVC boards and the DISabilities board from now on. Thanks to all that were helpful.

maxiesmom
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=goofy4tink;38110861]Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Yes I did have to post my family's health concern's there. Because I was getting alot of negative feedback there also. Who would have thought that asking for advice on keeping your family healthy while on vacation would cause drama :confused3. I think I will limit my post to DVC boards and the DISabilities board from now on. Thanks to all that were helpful.

There is a big differnce in how you keep your average, normal, everyday family from getting sick on vacation, and how you go about keeping someone with a health issue from getting sick on vacation.

Sometimes the information you give can make a huge difference on the advice you will get. If you fail to give all of the important facts, no one can give you good, helpful advice for your situation. And now that you have clarified your situation that is what you are getting in both places.

maxiesmom
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Does anyone know if this is mostly due to there being less housekeepers, or is it because no one is complaining about it, so housekeeping is just doing as little as they can get away with?

goofy4tink
09-06-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm truly sorry if you felt that you were poorly treated. I'm sure nobody wanted that to happen. Answers given will vary depending on the info given. So, someone having a person with health issues in their group will get different advice from someone who just wants a 'clean' room.....and understandably so. I think we can all agree that everyone deserves a clean roon upon arrival. But someone with immune issues really is going to need a room that is cleaner than normal. And I think you got that answer for the most part. Have a wonderfully healthy trip. I truly hope you all stay healthy.

drew64
09-06-2010, 01:03 PM
The poor housekeepers are too busy creating towel animals so their guests stop whining about them to clean the rooms properly.:lmao:

Lets discontinue towel animals!:rotfl:

Lynne M
09-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Jonell, I hope you'll stick around. By and large, the DISboards folks are a friendly bunch, and I'm very sorry that things went off the rails on this thread. It didn't need to happen.

I'll agree that 'bullying' is perhaps too strong a word for what happened here, but this thread does represent a trend I'm seeing way too much of on these boards......jumping to conclusions about other's (supposedly evil) motivations in asking a question. Whether it's just an assumption, or based on 'detective work', looking up previous threads, it's always based on incomplete information. And it's just about always totally irrelevant to answering the question. And often quite offensive to the poster who asks a simple question and gets jumped on.

Here's how this thread might have gone:

OP: What's a VIP cleaning?

Us: It's a cleaning service provided for guests with special medical needs. What's included varies depending on the specific medical condition, for example, special cleaning agents can be used if the guest has chemical sensitivities. When you call to request the cleaning, just describe your medical needs, and they'll let you know what cleaning services are available.

See, it IS possible to answer the question without the OP providing any specific medical information at all. That answer also makes clear that it's for specific medical needs, which also informs the questioner that it's not just 'better cleaning', without making assumptions and accusations.

I assure you, the folks who arrange for the VIP cleanings are very well able to determine when a caller's requesting a cleaning for a 'wrong' reason. And it's up to them to explain their own policies to that caller. Whether or not they choose to grant that cleaning request is ENTIRELY UP TO DISNEY. We don't get to decide. It's their business.....literally. And they're well able to handle it.

Jonell
09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Jonell;38111377]

Jonell, I hope you'll stick around. By and large, the DISboards folks are a friendly bunch, and I'm very sorry that things went off the rails on this thread. It didn't need to happen.

I'll agree that 'bullying' is perhaps too strong a word for what happened here, but this thread does represent a trend I'm seeing way too much of on these boards......jumping to conclusions about other's (supposedly evil) motivations in asking a question. Whether it's just an assumption, or based on 'detective work', looking up previous threads, it's always based on incomplete information. And it's just about always totally irrelevant to answering the question. And often quite offensive to the poster who asks a simple question and gets jumped on.

Us: It's a cleaning service provided for guests with special medical needs. What's included varies depending on the specific medical condition, for example, special cleaning agents can be used if the guest has chemical sensitivities. When you call to request the cleaning, just describe your medical needs, and they'll let you know what cleaning services are available.

See, it IS possible to answer the question without the OP providing any specific medical information at all. That answer also makes clear that it's for specific medical needs, which also informs the questioner that it's not just 'better cleaning', without making assumptions and accusations.

I assure you, the folks who arrange for the VIP cleanings are very well able to determine when a caller's requesting a cleaning for a 'wrong' reason. And it's up to them to explain their own policies to that caller. Whether or not they choose to grant that cleaning request is ENTIRELY UP TO DISNEY. We don't get to decide. It's their business.....literally. And they're well able to handle it.

Thank you. That is the type I response I was looking for when I started the thread. I have gotten so many tips and gained knowledge of Disney since discovering this site. I visit it almost daily and enjoy reading post. I just recently started posting more often. I will have to remember in the future that apparently some topics are sensitive.

Evi
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi. I'm far from a germaphobe, but shouldn't all the rooms be deep cleaned after each guest(s) departure? Deep cleaning meaning NO dust, bathroom mirrors cleaned and bathroom/bedroom spotless. There have been a lot of complaints lately about the sub par house cleaning at WDW. I personallhy don't have a problem with this when I stay at other deluxe hotels such as the Hilton and Marriott. A semi dirty room at WDW should be unacceptable.

brunette

First off I don't work for disney so I'm not sure why you directed the question to me directly.....and second as I said you don't like how your room was cleaned you should be contacting house keeping and management.....

brunette8706
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
First off I don't work for disney so I'm not sure why you directed the question to me directly.....and second as I said you don't like how your room was cleaned you should be contacting house keeping and management.....

I know you "don't work for Disney".

That said, with the prices Disney charges for a room, I don't feel it's out of line to ask that each and every new guest receive a room that is free from most common contaminents.

If I am paying (which I do) large sums of money for a room, it darn well better be darn clean.

Not a lot to ask.

brunette:wizard:

Lehuaann
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM

However, as long as it is allowed to be "generically" asked/discussed on the Resorts board, suspicions and assumptions will arise. This is a special service provided for the disabled, therefore, it's my opinion that this subject is best left contained to the DISability board only.

nanalisa
09-06-2010, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Jonell;38111377]

Perhaps bullying was too strong a word for what was happening. But you hit the nail on the head about too much jumping to conclusions. Your example of how the question could have been answered was perfect. Thanks.

wahmtexas
09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Our family had a great experience with VIP cleaning last year at WL, my son and I react to chemical smells and bleach cleaners, we requested no chemicals be used and WL did a great job, they used vinegar for our sinks etc instead of bleach.
I recently stayed at a Hilton in SLC and had a horrible reaction to their scented carpet cleaner used in our room, they were not at all helpful.
So thankful Disney is sensitive to the green movement because so many children react adversely to bleach and chemical cleaners especially those with autism, there bodies retain toxins and do not process them as they should.

maxiesmom
09-07-2010, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=Lynne M;38114217]

Perhaps bullying was too strong a word for what was happening. But you hit the nail on the head about too much jumping to conclusions. Your example of how the question could have been answered was perfect. Thanks.

It is easy to jump to conclusions when the OP fails to give out information. The post over on the transportation board that she felt wasn't helpful, she had stated she had a sick child last trip, and that she planned on spraying her room down with lysol, and was wondering what she could do on the plane to make it more germ free. Many people just told her not to spray lysol on the airplane, as it would cause other people problems.

So at first it did sound like she just wanted a special deep cleaning of her room in the hopes that it would keep her child from getting sick, which is not what that service is for. I already apologized for that. This just goes to show that if you ask a question and only give out partial or wrong info, people can draw the wrong conclusions. As happened on both threads.

robinb
09-07-2010, 08:28 AM
It is easy to jump to conclusions when the OP fails to give out information. The post over on the transportation board that she felt wasn't helpful, she had stated she had a sick child last trip, and that she planned on spraying her room down with lysol, and was wondering what she could do on the plane to make it more germ free. Many people just told her not to spray lysol on the airplane, as it would cause other people problems.

So at first it did sound like she just wanted a special deep cleaning of her room in the hopes that it would keep her child from getting sick, which is not what that service is for. I already apologized for that. This just goes to show that if you ask a question and only give out partial or wrong info, people can draw the wrong conclusions. As happened on both threads.Exactly. It seemed to some of us who were reading the airplane thread that she started this one because she wasn't getting a lot of traction with her idea of dosing her room in Lysol because she didn't want her son to get sick again. And while she eventually made it clear the real reason was because her DH was immunodeficient, it wasn't until after she started this thread. We can only offer advise based on the information that we given.

Jonell
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=nanalisa;38119895]

So at first it did sound like she just wanted a special deep cleaning of her room in the hopes that it would keep her child from getting sick, which is not what that service is for. I already apologized for that. This just goes to show that if you ask a question and only give out partial or wrong info, people can draw the wrong conclusions. As happened on both threads.

I did not originally mention my husband in the post because he is private about his medical issues. His medical problems are fairly new and he is having some difficulty accepting them. I discussed some of his health concerns related to the trip on the DISabilities board with his permission. Out of respect for him I did not include him in the original posts. Yes my child was sick 2 years ago while at Disney but we have had 2 trips since without problems. My main concern now is my husband. It was my mistake to start this thread on this board instead of the DISabilities board, but I had no ideal it was going to cause problems. My reason for starting the post was to find out if the cleaning was only for allergies or would it benefit the immunosuppressed. After speaking to Disney and explaining the situation they will clean the room accordingly. It was Disney's deceision whether or not to grant my request and they will. I was only looking for some friendly advice not judgement. I guess were going to add "VIP Room Cleaning" and "Avoiding Germs" to the forbidden thread list.

selldisneyfromhome
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
We had it done on our last trip to CR because my daughter has bad allergies and can not use harsh detergents or cleaners with any scent. They did a good job and everyday they dropped off blankets for her bed that were washed separately, I guess. There was no strong smell of cleaners but maybe that was because her allergy is to harsh detergents with scent.

Thanks for this information. I have made special request for clients before but never heard first hand of the service provided. :)

Jonell
09-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Exactly. It seemed to some of us who were reading the airplane thread that she started this one because she wasn't getting a lot of traction with her idea of dosing her room in Lysol because she didn't want her son to get sick again. And while she eventually made it clear the real reason was because her DH was immunodeficient, it wasn't until after she started this thread. We can only offer advise based on the information that we given.

Well excuse me if I'm not one of the parents that allows her child lick the hand rails while in line for the rides. Guess what, we wash our hands before we eat and use hand sanitizer when we get of rides, and yes no matter what I will use Lysol spray or wipes in my hotel room. :eek: No matter what my husbands medical conditions is I would still be doing this. I was a health care provider and this is what I was I do.

Lynne M
09-07-2010, 10:06 AM
OK, enough. The OP's gotten the situation resolved with Disney, and will get the cleaning she needs.

If you don't have enough information to answer a question......then don't answer it.