PDA

View Full Version : Buses from AKL?

goodeats
09-03-2010, 10:39 AM
How are the buses from AKL? Is it really far to Epcot? Are there now two stops (one for the villas) or are they combined?

For next October I'm trying to decide if the price difference is worth it for the BC/YC versus AKL. I love walking to Epcot, but you can buy a lot of drinks for the ~$80nt difference!

DISNEYNY
09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
We just stayed at AKL for 2 nights. Yes, the bus has 2 stops. We only went to DHS & MK. The ride to DHS & Epcot is not that long in my opinion...about 10 minutes. MK seems far no matter where you are staying...15 - 20 minutes. AKL is right near the All Star resorts and we are used to traveling from there. I read lots of complaints before we left, but it was fine for us. Now, if you are used to staying at Monorail resorts or Epcot resorts you might have a different opinion on what far is. :rotfl2:

goodeats
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks! 10 minutes isn't bad.

TillyMarigold
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I actually timed this last fall. We stayed at Jambo House, which is the 2nd bus stop except for the DTD bus (which runs the other way), so it is faster to get to the parks than to get back from them. It is 4 minutes to travel between the two.

The time from when the bus starts moving until the doors open at the other end, for the Jambo House bus stops, are:
MK: 22 minutes to MK, 26 minutes back
Epcot: 14 minutes to Epcot, 18 minutes back
DHS: 12 minutes to DHS, 16 minutes back
Animal Kingdom: 6 minutes to AK, 10 minutes back.

We didn't go to DTD so I don't know how long that would take.

troynkasey
09-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Man! I didn't officially time it like TillyMariogold, but I agree with her times as a rough timing it was 12-14 minutes to Epcot the two times we went. The drive really isn't bad. Even the ride to MK isn't bad. Yeah it's 22-24 minutes (from my rough calculations) but that's not bad. It's well worth it for how nice the resort is. I strongly endorse AKL to anyone who will listen. We stayed at Jambo and it was awesome. We'll probably stay at Kidani sometime too just to see the difference.

Tinkerbellie16
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
AKL is one of my favorite resorts except for the transportation. I found it to be so far from everything except AK & BB. I don't stay here because of this reason. If you are going in October and like Epcot, you might consider an Epcot area resort. It is heavenly to be able to walk in and out of Epcot via the International Gateway and not have to wait for transportation to your resort. It's a beautiful walk back to the Epcot area resorts.