PDA

View Full Version : Help plan my honeymoon

fallen_angel727
09-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Alright, I'm calling tomorrow (well I guess later today now as it's after midnight here) to change our honeymoon ressies. The only problem is whether to to with Pop Century or ASMu. We'll be there 10 nights, have an 8 day hopper pass be doing Typhoon Lagoon (hopefully) and Sea World (with the extra hopper day used only for DDP meals in the park...and as a buffer in case of a rain delay), so we won't be spending tons of time at the hotel. HOwever we plan on spending part of our non-park days as well as afternoons for a few hors each day. Buses won't be an issue as we are driving down and DFi prefers to drive to the parks himself (something about more freedom :confused3).

Anyway any opinions would be great. I'll probably just take the resort that gets the most votes lol

winterman
09-03-2010, 07:57 AM
DH and I have stayed at POP three times. Each time they have put us in a quiet room. (It is just the two of us.) The first time our room overlooked a courtyard full of trees and shrubs. The next two times we had lake front rooms. We were in spots where nobody walked past our room except 'neighbors'. We did try ASMu once and will not be back. My only specific complaint was the poor layout led to a long walk to the food court.

Our last trip to POP was the best, as far as location. We were in the 50's. first floor (both requests), facing the lake. We had a 4 minute walk to the food court, 45 seconds to the pool. 3 minutes to the parking lot. We always see lots of other childless people so don't be concerned with that. POP is a great choice for any one who doesn't have a huge budget. Last Sept we did a split stay - 5 nights FD at ASMu, followed by 5 nights at POFQ. On our way home, I said to DH "let's just go back to POP next time." And we did, for a week in April.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

lissiesmum
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi there, I know you're asking about value resorts, but since you're going to be on your honeymoon, I thought I'd throw out the Dolphin and Swan. For our next vacation during busy season, I found out it costs just a little more to stay at the Dolphin than at Pop Century, and it is a much more romantic place for a honeymoon, right next to Epcot where you can have many romantic strolls and dinners, the nightlife of the Boardwalk and a boat ride to HS. Plus there's a great spa inside for side by side massages, tons of pools, bars, etc. Check the prices...you might be surprised! :goodvibes Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

tinkandonaldfans
09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
i would choose pop as the buses wouldn't stop anywhere else on route to the parks which i think the all stars would!