PDA

View Full Version : Which Resort?????

SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to finalize my trip plans for May 2011. I am staying 11 night/12 days. First thought was to stay at Pop Century due to staying so many nights. I will be with 13 year old DD. Thinking of upgrading to either Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs. The main reason is for a better pool option. Does anyone have any suggestions. Not sure I'm that impressed with Pop's pool. Thanks in advance.

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie

rusty4
09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite resort! Can't go wrong upgrading there.

mickey&minniealways
09-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Go with CSR the pool looks nice and they have queen beds.

DisneyMom1976
09-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Just my opinion - My family LOVES the Pop Century. We stay there 3 times a year. (Feb., June, and Sept.) We have stayed at all the resorts except Pol and GF over the last 13 years. My kids (8 & 4) go nuts over the 3 pools at the pop. There is a computer, bowling and the main "flower power" pool. We love the pop food court and the fact that the buildings are alot closer to the bus stops and parking lots than people think. My kids hated the PO and the FQ because it was so far to the main building and the bus stops. My kids are also DISNEY FREAKS and they love that the pop shows all the disney shows all day in the food court and they love the themes of the buildings. We stayed at the pop in June and will again from Sept 11-17 of this month. I think your DD 13 would love the Pop over PO anyday. My daughter calls PO the southern stuffy hotel. My BFF stayed at Coronado last Sept and she liked the pool but thought the resort was boring for her 2 girls outside of the pool area. Again, this is only my opinion but my DD8 has been to Disney 36 times (this trip) and she begs for the Pop over the expensive resorts. It's really cool I promise, but everyone has differnet like. Whatever you choose, you will have a blast!!

mouselovenfamily
09-02-2010, 06:37 PM
You really have to decide if your happy with a value resort, especially for that
many nights. Does the cost savings out weigh the resort? I have stayed at Pop and it had a fun atmosphere, music playing, bright colors but still a budget resort. Great food court there.

Disney does a wonderful job showing how their hotels look. You can always try it and upgrade if you need to. :thumbsup2

rusty4
09-02-2010, 08:23 PM
This website might help you decide.

http://www.portorleans.org/