PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani or Jambo??

pooh's_my_fave
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi there,

I'm trying to plan our first WDW trip for this February, and would love to stay at AKV. What are the main differences between the two villas? I know Kidani is newer, but that's about all I know.

We'll be down for my daughter to be married, so there will be other family there as well. We'll be booking a 1BR plus a studio (no 2BR available right now), and I imagine the grandparents will book a studio or a regular room at AKL.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Andrea :)

BNukem
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I know that 1br in Kidani have 2 bathrooms.

nurse.darcy
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
It really depends on how you vacation. I love staying at Jambo House because I love being close to Jiko, The Mara (quick service restaurant) and Boma, as well as the overall atmosphere. However, I do love the pool area at Kidani Village with the water play area for kids. Its just a really cool pool. Thankfully you can use the pool at either. If you have any family that will be staying in a regular room then to be close to them you would need to book at Jambo House. This is my absolute favorite resort on property.

gerows
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Kidani is smaller and therefore has fewer guests, which leads to a more intimate.
Kidani is the 1st stop for bus pick up and drop off.
Food at Kidani is limited to 1 TS resteraunt, while Jambo has 2 TS, one of which is upscale dinning, as well as a counter service location.
Both have gift shops, however, Jambo is much, much, much larger.
The lobby at Jambo is absolutely breath taking.

Jaylin
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
How far of a walk is it to the counterservice if you are staying at Kidani?

Sienna
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I think it's a good 10 minute walk between Jambo and Kidani. It's not exactly convenient if you're carrying a bunch of food.

Goofy4
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
A recent post said there is now a shuttle between the Jambo and Kidani.

LilGMom
09-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Kidani has underground parking, a very cool water play area at the pool, zero entry pool, the one bedrooms have two full bathrooms (the tub in the master bathroom is amazing!!!), there is a TS restaurant and a little store that offers quick grab goodies and mug refilss. Jambo has two TS restaurants, and a CS, zero entry pool, and good children's playground. Both are great but if having other people staying with you in a one bedroom I'd opt for Kidani for that second full bathroom.

We love AKL/AKV Kidani and Jambo and don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Deb & Bill
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Jambo House villas are located on the fifth and sixth floors (sixth floor is five two bedroom lockoff concierge villas - tough to get). They are converted hotel rooms. In the one bedroom and larger the shower in the master bedroom is combined with the tub - not separate like the other DVC resorts. The two bedroom villas are all lockoffs - meaning a one bedroom combined with a studio.

Kidani has the separate shower from tub in the master bathroom. There are dedicated two bedroom villas.