PDA

View Full Version : Online checkin ?

danetter
09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
I just did my online checkin today.. 10 days:banana: For others that have done the online checkin do you input your cc info? I left it blank. Isn't it for use if you want to charge to the room? I haven't decided if we will add that option this year or not. The last 2yrs we went we rented the fridge so we did the room charge but this yr we are using our cooler. We also pay oop for tips at ts restaurants.

Julylady
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I always give them my credit card even when I am not planning on making any charges on it. I travel a lot for work and I understand that hotels want credit card numbers "just in case." I don't blame them for that. After our stay at BLT in August I did not receive an invoice the morning we were leaving. When I checked at the front desk, I was told it was because I didn't have any charges.

sydneysmom
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
We're doing our online check in a week from today !! :banana: I'm not planning to put in our credit card #. We've got cash set aside for tips and our spending money so neither one of us think it necessary to put a credit card w/ our room key. One less thing to worry about. I know people love it, but I'd rather just pay as we go in cash. :goodvibes I don't want that "big surprise" at the end of the week !!:scared1:

williamson_ja
09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I put in my CC information when I did online check-in yesterday, but when they emailed me they had the wrong CC#. They used the card that I originally booked the trip with, not the new one that I put in during online check-in. The problem is that I closed the account for the one that I booked with and wanted to just use my bank debit card for expenses which is why I switched it. I guess I'll have to change it with them when I get there. ugggh

daisy 'n donald
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
i can't get the site to open to do my online check in :(
and when i do, i get to the point of signing in, and it just sits and loads...and loads...and loads....
i was so excited to do it since we're 10 days out today too!

stephgles
09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I have used the online check in for the past two years and each time I do put a credit card in. Just makes it easier. During our time there I go a couple of times a week and pay off my balance with debit card this way my card doesnt get charged.

2Tiggies
09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
There are regular problems with the site so you just need to keep trying. You are only exactly 10 days out today - maybe the system hasn't got with the program yet :confused3

I don't charge to my room and when I do online check in this year I will not be adding a cc number. They may prefer to have a card, but since my package is obviously paid before I arrive they don't have to have it unless I want to charge to my room, which I don't. I don't believe you have to put it in and you will be able to add it when at your resort if you change your mind.

DONALD38
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
We never did on line check in before and are looking at doing it. We used a different card when we set up our package. So can you input a new credit card (to take place of the other already used for the original package purchase), that you want to use to have conected to your key to the world? Also with using on line check in are your chances better for your room to be ready when you arrive? We probably will not get to our resort until 1:30 pm.

disnut8
09-02-2010, 05:31 PM
We never did on line check in before and are looking at doing it. We used a different card when we set up our package. So can you input a new credit card (to take place of the other already used for the original package purchase), that you want to use to have conected to your key to the world? Also with using on line check in are your chances better for your room to be ready when you arrive? We probably will not get to our resort until 1:30 pm.

You can change your credit card info. Your chances of having your room ready are no better than anyone else if you use the online check in. I think with your situation, if your room is ready when you check in, it's more because you are arriving a bit later.

To the OP - I put in my credit card information in there because I will have a balance due when I check in. By giving my card before I get there, I don't have to wait until they process anything before I can get going again. On line check in is supposed to be faster. Kind of defeats the purpose if you have to wait while they process your credit card.

EeyoreFanInAL
09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
i can't get the site to open to do my online check in :(
and when i do, i get to the point of signing in, and it just sits and loads...and loads...and loads....
i was so excited to do it since we're 10 days out today too!

Hey, I called and still couldn't online check in today-anyone else having this problem?? I have tried all day!

peabody58
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I did On-Line Check in today using the link on our DVC Members reservations page. The only thing I couldn't do was make special room requests??

swtlenny
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Does it change the chance of getting a better or upgraded room if you book online or does it not make a difference? Thanks.