PDA

View Full Version : possibly the lamest PIN ever

krispyk
09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I couldn't believe I was actually sent a PIN. Then I read the email...

10% off resorts for select Sundays through Thursdays when they're already offering room discounts of 25% to 40%.

W.T.F. ?

larryz
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM

10% off resorts for select Sundays through Thursdays when they're already offering room discounts of 25% to 40%.

W.T.F. ?

Dubya Tee Eff = what's this for? (I hope...after all, this is a family board.)

Anyway, are you sure it's a pin, or was it the "general public code" email?

AJRitz
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM

W.T.F. ?

It's a separate offer than the public offers, for which there is limited availability. This offer is likely a sign that the bigger public discounts have been effective and the rooms set aside for those offers are pretty well booked up on the dates when the 10% discount would be effective.

Tarheel girl 1975
09-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I got a pin once which actually wasn't a discount at all. The rates listed on the pin were rack rates. Needless to say, we didn't use it.

Music City Mama
09-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I got a pin once which actually wasn't a discount at all. The rates listed on the pin were rack rates. Needless to say, we didn't use it.

I can relate! I'm going to C&P below my post on a thread from the Discounts Codes/Rates board:

Subject line was: Check out this magical Disney offer, _______ Family!

Can someone explain to me how this is a deal? What am I missing here?

Experience the Magic when you purchase a 6-night/7-day Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme
Park tickets!
Select Disney Value Resorts
$ 652 * per adult
based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.
For stays most nights
11/1/10-11/27/10.
*The number of packages available at this rate is limited. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.

We're not planning on going again until next June, but what I missing here that makes this a deal?

My calculations show that it's slighty cheaper than this without this "deal". Unless kids are free (which they failed to mention), I don't see how this is a deal at all. And yes, it has an actual PIN in the email to mention when making the reservation. So weird.

mamabright
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I got the same PIN code. The dates didn't work for me but I did not do the math to see if it was a good deal or not. I went last on the 4/3 deal so I want that again so I can convince DH to go back anytime soon.

shanasbananas
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I got the same PIN code. The dates didn't work for me but I did not do the math to see if it was a good deal or not. I went last on the 4/3 deal so I want that again so I can convince DH to go back anytime soon.

YES! The 4/3 deal was awesome! We did that last summer and even though there's free dining this trip, I think the 4/3 worked out better for us. Hope it comes back some day! pixiedust:

Missytara
09-02-2010, 02:59 PM
YES! The 4/3 deal was awesome! We did that last summer and even though there's free dining this trip, I think the 4/3 worked out better for us. Hope it comes back some day! pixiedust:

Honestly, unless something drastic happens to the economy, I don't think you will ever see the 4/3 deal again. I think that would be a deal they would lose money on, and would most likely never do again unless they were really, really desparate.