PDA

View Full Version : AKL to BWV?

linnell
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
We have 6pm dinner reservations at Boma - what is the best way to get back to BWV? I checked the laughing place website and this is what it says

* Add 5-10 minutes at each segment wait time for transportation.
Driving Time (car or taxi) is : 15 mins.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Epcot® Disney's BoardWalk Inn : 45 mins.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park Disney's BoardWalk Inn : 39 mins.

My understanding is that the bus would drop us off at the FW side of EPCOT and the boat is from WS. We will have been at AK that day and do not have hoppers, so I think that option is out. Their other suggestion is Blizzard beach which closes at 5pm.

So I'm thinking AKL to HS and then the boat? Or maybe just taking a cab for that one trip. There are four of us and my youngest would need a car seat, so the cab option makes me nervous.

Any suggestions would be great!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I would just take a taxi if you don't mind the cost involved.

Blonde Princess
09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I would say the quickest way is a taxi. If not a taxi I would take the HS bus and walk down the path back to BWV. The walk is approximately 10 minutes

Kathy Z
09-01-2010, 04:18 PM
When we had to get back to BWI from AKL last December we took the bus to DHS (you refer to it as HS) and then the boat to BWI. It was simple. You seem to be eating early enough that this plan would work for you. You are correct that without park hoppers the bus to EPCOT would be out. That plan would involve a lot of walking anyway-more than if you decide to take the walking path from DHS to BWV.

TLSnell1981
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
You can take a bus to Downtown Disney, then switch to the BWV bus. We've used a taxi, but not in a couple of years. I think, it was around $20 RT plus tip.

purple figment
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
With a 6 PM dinner reservation, you'll probably be done fairly early so you have several options.

If AK is having EMH night you can take the bus from AKL to AK then transfer to the BW bus.

Otherwise I would recommend the AKL bus to DHS and walk or take the boat back to the BW Villas.

Another possibility is AKL to MK, transfer to BW bus.

You could also take a taxi - fastest, but it would most likely cost between $15to $20 including tip.

Taking the bus from AKL to DTD then transferring to the BW bus is a very time consuming trip. It would be my last choice.

linnell
09-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks all! I guess we'll either go to DHS or taxi, depending on how tired our little ones are.

gerows
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
If you do take the bus to DHS, then get on a boat, I would suggest getting off the first stop and walking the rest of the way, it will cut out several minutes.

TLSnell1981
09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks all! I guess we'll either go to DHS or taxi, depending on how tired our little ones are.

I would make sure DS buses are still running, at that time.