PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

jstouder
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Has anyone been to the Grand Floridian Cafe? We just booked this one as a last minute. Thought it would be a nice break from the craziness of the parks.

splashmountainjaxson
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
I think the GF Cafe is a lovely atmosphere, and a wonderful respite from the parks. The decor is very light and airy -- we have had breakfast and lunch there, and have found the food to be good , and the staff very friendly. I think I do prefer lunch though over breafast, but either will be enjoyable. Then, you could always catch the monorail back if you needed an MK or Epcot fix : )

catne
08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
we liked it...and yes, it is a nice respite from the park. With no characters it tends to be a bit quieter, too. We had steaks and they were good. Great service, too (and they served a fabulous blackberry mojito, :dance3:)

Jeanieblue114
08-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I used to go there all the time years ago for lunch. I liked it THEN.
I had not been there in years and returned last fall.
I was very disappointed.
I was there during dinner hours. (If I ever try it again it will be for lunch but not even sure about that).
We had to wait 45 min past our ADR.
It was horribly noisey and we couldn't even hear each other talk.
There were pieces of fruit thrown by children during the meal and laying on the floor behind me and they sat there the entire meal and were stepped on by servers who never noticed. I even took a picture of the first piece then another one when it was joined and the first was smashed.
The food was average.
The fondue dessert was unacceptable. It came with a marshmallow with a hair on it and dirt like it had been dropped on the floor and put back on my plate. I mentioned it to the server and he asked if I wanted another marshmallow...that's it! Not even to replace the dessert.
When i asked for a to go bag, I was given a USED and tattered gift shop bag.
The sleeves on the servers outfits were dirty as well.

I can look past some things with restaurants, but there were far too many cleanliness issues going on.
I thought is was horribly sad that it had become this.

AndyFL
08-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Has anyone been to the Grand Floridian Cafe? We just booked this one as a last minute. Thought it would be a nice break from the craziness of the parks.

We like to go there the day we are going back home. I guess we have always lucked up because every time we have gone there have been very few people dining and it has been nice and quiet. The food is good and the prices are reasonable and the servers have always been great. We didn't go last trip and we missed it....but we instead went to CRT so the kids weren't complaining....my wallet however was. :rotfl:

Ted C
08-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Yep, but Tj (Famous from Boma/O'Hana) is there now. I guarantee you it is a lot better. He is awesome...

jamstew
08-31-2010, 01:43 AM
I've had lunch there twice--both times it was quiet, and the food and service were excellent. I'll be going back in October and probably December as well.

lizzyb
08-31-2010, 06:38 AM
We had dinner there in January and it was very nice. It was not too busy and the food was great.

JennyT2
08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
We love it! We go every trip and this upcoming trip we have booked it twice for dinner. Great food and quieter atmosphere and always great service. Plus you are then a quick hop onto the monorail to get over to MK to see fireworks.

FloraFauna
08-31-2010, 06:48 AM
We had dinner here on our June trip. This was our first dinner of our trip, and the first time we had ever tried Grand Floridian Cafe. It was on of my favorite meals:) I had the spice dusted tuna, and it was seasoned perfectly.

TheRustyScupper
08-31-2010, 07:07 AM
1) I am sure that they have busy and noisy days.
2) But, for the most part, it is
. . . nice - cordial and friendly
. . . relaxing - pleasant and cheery atmosphere
. . . quiet - not to crowded and most keep conversations low
3) We try to make there at least once or twice a year.

princesspat209
08-31-2010, 07:10 AM
One of our favorite places to eat when we are in disney. Great food & atmosphere . Never had a bad meal there yet.::flower3:

chanty
08-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Might have to try this one!! Thanks :goodvibes

Sleeping Becca
08-31-2010, 10:48 AM
In my opinion lunch is their best meal. Breakfast is nothing special and I was underwhelmed at dinner.

The Grand Sandwich and the Grand Floridian buger are both amazing and worth a trip.

I have eaten there on several occasions and it was never noisy or crowded and we have always had decent service. Jeanieblue, sorry you had such a terrible experience, sounds awful. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.

disneyfav4ever
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
I think it's a nice break from the parks, and the food's pretty good too. :goodvibes

Golf4food
08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
In my opinion lunch is their best meal. Breakfast is nothing special and I was underwhelmed at dinner.

The Grand Sandwich and the Grand Floridian buger are both amazing and worth a trip.

I have eaten there on several occasions and it was never noisy or crowded and we have always had decent service. Jeanieblue, sorry you had such a terrible experience, sounds awful. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.

We find the GFC Maple Vanilla French Toast to be one of the best breakfast items in all of WDW. To each their own. More for us! :)

Lunch is also good. Trying them for dinner in December.

Sleeping Becca
08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
We find the GFC Maple Vanilla French Toast to be one of the best breakfast items in all of WDW. To each their own. More for us! :)

Lunch is also good. Trying them for dinner in December.
Is is better than Tonga Toast?

I'm not a huge french toast fan, but if it's really good I'll give it a go.