PDA

View Full Version : Aug 2002 2nd Anniversay Trip- Day 3 (magic Kingdom!!!)

diznylovr
08-26-2002, 08:23 PM
Day 3 began early as we wanted to be at the gates of the Magic Kingdom at opening. We woke up and the weather was gorgeous again. Bright sun and blue skies. I could tell it was going to be a very steamy day but I didn't care. We were off to the castle!!! We grabbed the bus at the Yacht Club and arrived at the gates around 8:45. The buses were overall very prompt all week (except for returning from Downtown Disney). I don't know about everyone else but to me there is nothing like walking down Main Street when the park first opens with the sun shining and the castle straight ahead. The sights, the smells, everything was truly magical. I was a big Disney fan before but after this trip I consider myself a real Disney nut. This trip totally hooked me. My DH said the look on my face was priceless and was worth the whole trip. He can't even imagine me when we bring kids here some day. I know I've sidetracked a little but I'm just remembering the magic. Anyway, we decided to alter our strategy a little this time. Normally we head straight for Tomorrowland but this time we decided to head for Frontierland and Liberty Square since that is my favorite anyway. We went straight to Splash (my fave) and only waited 5-10 minutes. We didn't get very wet since it was first thing in the morning but it was still fun. We decided to skip the pic since we would be riding it again during e-night and headed to BTMRR. Another 10 minute wait. Yeah! Next we headed back up to Liberty Square and saw the HM had only a 10 minute wait as well. We didn't figure the line would get too long too fast so we jumped over to Fantasyland and grabbed fastpasses for Pooh and then rode Snow White. SIL is a big Snow White fan so we had to take lots of pics for her. Then it was back to HM. This is my 2nd fave next to Splash. The attention to detail is just amazing. I think I get the same hitchhiking ghost everytime though. We were getting hungery since we had gotten into the habit of skipping breakfast so we stopped in Columbia Harbour House and both got the fish & chicken baskets. The restaurant was almost empty and we had the whole upstairs to ourselves. It was quite peaceful. After our early lunch we used our fastpasses for Pooh. Huge Pooh fan here!! I love this ride!! And I love fastpass!! We walked right on while the stand-by time was up to 50 minutes. Next we did Small World with no wait. I know this ride is a little corny but it was my favorite as a kid. We had picked up fastpasses for Peter Pan right before lunch and it was almost time to use them. After Peter Pan we headed over to Tomorrowland. By this time it was about 1:00 or so and I really noticed a pick-up in the crowds, but we were making great time without being commando. My goal this trip was to do what we could without overdoing it and just really enjoy the atmosphere without worrying if we didn't get to do every single attraction. We had a much more laid back approach than last trip, which was DH's first time. And it was working!! In Tomorrowland we grabbed fastpasses for Space Mtn. and then did Alien. I still grab DH's arm when it gets pitch black in there even though I know what's going to happen. We still had some time before our Space fastpass so we grabbed a couple Mickey bars and rode the Transit Authority. This was great on the feet. We went to use our FP's for Space and they were not letting anyone in because they were having technical difficulties. Oh well, we would come back later. Got a couple fast passes for Buzz and headed out toward the castle just in time for Cinderella's Surprise Celebration. This was so cute!!! DH even liked it. We got some great pictures. We wandered up Main Street and decided to ride the train around the park. It was nice but the air was not moving at all and it seemed really stuffy on the train. We got off at Mickey's Toontown and walked from there to Space hoping to be able to ride. They let us in through fastpass but as soon as we got to the top they stopped us again. We waited around another 20-25 minutes before they finally started running it again. The lights were all on during this time so we could see the track above and everything. It was cool to actually see the track but it kind of takes the suspense out of it. It was still fun though. This from the girl who doesn't like roller coasters. I'm coming around though. We were slightly late for our Buzz FP's due to the Space Mtn. backlog but they let us in anyway. I love Buzz even though I'm not very good at it. DH always crushes me. Next, we made our way over to Adventureland. Got a couple Dole Whips to cool off and went to Pirates. Minimal wait and the ride cooled us off a bit. We were getting tired and since we were going to do e-night we thought it was time for our break. Besides, it was creaping up on dinner time anyway. We headed for the front of the park, stopping to get our e-night wristbands and purchase our picture in front of the castle. It turned out pretty good. We hopped the boat over to the Wilderness as we had a dinner PS at Artist Point. We still had a hour and a half before our time so we walked around the Lodge a bit and then found some nice cozy leather chairs in the lobby to relax in until dinner. I love the WL. I definitly want to stay there someday. We almost stayed there this time but I couldn't pass up the YC. Dinner at AP was good, although for some reason it didn't seem quite as good as our last visit. I'm not really sure why. I had the salmon and DH had the medley with venison, rabbit, and pork chop. Good meal but not fabulous. We decided to skip dessert and get ice cream back at MK. Back at MK we found ourselves a good spot for Spectro and waited. After Spectro we headed back toward Frontierland and watched the fireworks from there. They were spectacular! But I could tell already that I wasn't going to make it too far through e-night. All I really wanted to do was ride my 2 favorites again - Splash Mtn. and HM. We did both, getting soaked this time on Splash. The picture turned out great. Now we were ready to go. We headed back toward Main Street and stopped at the ice cream parlor. And we ran into our friends from home again. They had decided at the last minute to come to e-night and we managed to run into them for the 2nd time this trip. We all got ice cream and headed for the bus. Main Street looked beautiful all lit up with hardly anyone on it. That scene made the whole e-night worth it. We were exhausted but happy and had 2 relaxing days planned ahead of us (or so we thought).
Stay tuned.......Day 4 - Anniversary dinner at Narcossee's and our trip to the ER!!!!

Krissalee
08-26-2002, 09:19 PM
What a fantastic and busy day! I am horrble at Buzz, too - DH always beats me by at least 10,000 -50,000 points!;) We stayed at WL for our 3rd anniversary trip, and found it to be spectacular. Sorry you were disappointed in your Artist Point meal. We enjoyed ours, but a lot can change in a year!

I'm looking forward to reading more, but I am very concerned about the ER visit you mentioned! I really hope everything turns out OK!

:earsgirl: Krissy

yepod
09-13-2002, 06:27 AM
Liked your intro speech about main street;)

Looking forward to more, but what a cliffhanger (ER) LOL

Thanks for the report!