PDA

View Full Version : Aug 2002 2nd Anniversary Trip - Pretrip

diznylovr
08-23-2002, 06:14 PM
This is my first post on the board in a really long time. I found the board 2 years ago as I was planning my honeymoon and DH's first ever trip to Disney. After 1 trip I had him hooked and when he found out he had a convention in Orlando in August 2002 we knew we had all the excuse we needed to go again. After we discoverd we would be getting a large income tax refund (yeah!!) I was off and planning. And, luckily it fell right at our 2nd anniversary. So in Feb. of this year I got back on the board and started planning. We had always booked packages through AAA but after I heard all the great deals people were getting on this board I knew there was no way I was going to pay so much through a travel agent for a value or mod when I could book it all myself and get a deluxe. Thanks to a mousesavers code I was able to book the Yacht Club for 5 nights. I was thrilled!!! We splurged and stayed at the Beach Club on our honeymoon and I thought we'd probably never spend that much money again or get to stay at a deluxe. I found great airfare out of Pittsburgh and decided on 4 day park hoppers which we would purchase when we checked in. We were set!!! I'll never book a package again.......
Coming soon........Day 1 - Getting there, Ahhhhh - the Yacht Club, and Epcot

1983 - offsite
1988 - a Downtown Disney hotel
1996 - All Star Music (never offsite again!!!)
2000 - Beach Club
2002 - Yacht Club
Thanksgiving 2003 - Wilderness Lodge or BCV (if we join DVC)

threeboysmom
08-23-2002, 06:25 PM
I can't wait to read your trip report.....my DH and I are staying at the YC for the first time next month celebrating out anniversary!!

Hurry up and get writing! :) :) :)

Krissalee
08-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Great planning! We spent our 3rd anniversary at WDW! Truly a magical trip!

:earsgirl: Krissy

yepod
09-13-2002, 06:09 AM
We spent our 2nd anniversary at 'the world' too!

Isn't it great to save more money than AAA can save you with help from these great boards)!

Thanks for the post!