PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance to hotel deals come out?

LindaBabe
08-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Looking at weeknight stay in late January.

Pakey
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Are you signed up for email notices for deals? Most of the ones I get are for 6 weeks or less but sometimes they go out quite a ways, especially for weekdays.

skiingfast
08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I think at about 3 months they slowly start to climb. At one month they go up fast.

Depending on the weekend you may want to look further out, particularily if there will be a convention at that time.

Look at the individual hotel sites and see if they happen to have a package deal, some offer show tickets, spa or buffet packages. Some travel sites like orbitz offer airfare packages but most of the hotels will match or beat and 3 party rate for hotel rooms.

rszdtrvl
08-11-2010, 09:51 AM
We booked our vacation to Las Vegas eons ago - got a rate of $535 for airfare for 2 SEA/LAS, 3 nights at Excalibur, and airport transfers. We booked in May.

This is close to the price I paid last year for 2 nights at Ballys, with only 5 days notice.

I am happy with the price. DH and I should have a blast! We are going to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary (actually Jan 3rd, but it is easier to go near the middle of the month, not to mention cheaper).

We will be there Jan 17, 18, 19. We are not huge gamblers, and I look forward to exploring the Excallibur!

LindaBabe
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks, gang! I'll get me on some emailing lists. :)

jlima
08-18-2010, 01:16 AM
The PP who said 1 month is right on. If there are convention groups that don't fill their blocks, that's when you see aggressive packages and rates to fill rooms that conventions don't use.

Definitely sign up on websites and look on Expedia and other wholesalers, including airline packages.

Have fun planning your trip!

BrizMarc
08-21-2010, 01:30 AM
get on the face book groups too, they do facebook only deals.

LindaBabe
08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
get on the face book groups too, they do facebook only deals.

OOOh! GOOD idea!

RyJMom
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Try Smarter Vegas.com for hotel codes. For our August trip I booked 3-4 mos ahead of time. Rates went down a few times and I rebooked each time. After about the 3 month point my rates at the Mirage climbed. Got a tower deluxe for Thur Fri and Sat for $104 each night.