PDA

View Full Version : Getting anxious to book airfare for 2/8-2/12/03-When will good fares show up?

Snoozan
08-22-2002, 12:58 PM
I usually book my airfare a good 8 months before my trip-I get rather anxious about getting the flights I like. This time I figured I'd wait to see if fares came down. They haven't budged, but did go up $1.50. I just don't want to spend $265 to fly BDL to MCO, but I don't want to get stuck on some awful flight times. I really prefer non-stop, but will do one quick layover if necessary.

When do you think airfares will go down? This is the week BEFORE President's Day so I was hoping for some good rates. What rates have others paid at this time of year from CT?

chris1gill
08-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Your problem right now is that Southwest hasn't released their dates yet past January 10th. ALL of the airlines follow Southwests' lead... Southwest should be relaeasing their dates mid-September I would think... We are also waiting for good Hawaii fares for February 12th, but all the good deals expire December 14th... so, we're right there with you & it's driving me mad....

Almont John
08-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Airfares are as volitle as the stock market. I watched mine go up & down for weeks. If I had waited 2 more, I could have saved another $50/ticket. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

DisMNagain
08-23-2002, 01:47 PM
I feel your pain.

We're waiting too for those fares to go down.....and usually have our tickets purchased for a January trip by now.

It's so hard to wait but all we're finding at this point from our area are prices close to $400 RT. A little too steep for my budget at this point.

To get thru the waiting period, I'm using some deep breathing and relaxation techniques...LOL LOL

Dopey Sharon
08-25-2002, 08:51 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

I booked our air in May for our November trip. We are flying AirTran, for the first time, non-stop, roundtrip cost $353 for both of us, out of Philly, so I grabbed it! Do they fly out of CT?

CuteKatCar
08-28-2002, 07:49 AM
I just booked my air yesterday after watching it on Expedia for 2 weeks. For our past 2 trips (pre-9/11), I was able to get $168.00 rt from Newark, NJ to MCO. And I, too, book 8-10 months prior (as soon as fares come out). The lowest I found was $211.00. Not bad. The Continental flight I wanted was sold out when I finally went to book it. So, I went with Delta. I didn't book with Expedia, however, I called Delta directly and was able to get the same flight I saw on Expedia. When I called Continental, they were sold out of the $211. seats that I saw on Expedia.

Anna