PDA

View Full Version : Please confirm I can get to the Poly early

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
07-31-2010, 01:43 AM
We won't have a car, not staying at monorail resort but I want to go over to the POLY for bfast b4 MK opens. I can ride the monorail or take a boat over after getting off my bus stop at MK - correct?

Thanks!

skiingfast
07-31-2010, 01:48 AM
True, because Poly guests will be taking the Monorail to the MK for thier preopen ADRs.

bicker
07-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Are there still any busses that go from resorts to the Transportation Center? That would be even quicker, since you can walk to the Poly from the Transportation Center.

Jestocost
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Are there still any busses that go from resorts to the Transportation Center? That would be even quicker, since you can walk to the Poly from the Transportation Center.

No. There are no buses from any WDW resorts to the TTC. I believe SOG buses still go there and buses from off-site resorts do, but nothing from any of the WDW resorts.

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. We have done prepark MK bfasts but not one of the monorail resorts. I really want to go over to the CS at POLY & try that Tonga Toast everyone raves about :thumbsup2 They stop serving about 10:30 so if I don't get there before MK opens I know it's not going to happen!

dburg30
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Or you can take a cab directly to the Poly..

wishIworkedforDisney
08-02-2010, 02:12 PM
We won't have a car, not staying at monorail resort but I want to go over to the POLY for bfast b4 MK opens. I can ride the monorail or take a boat over after getting off my bus stop at MK - correct?

Thanks!

To expand further on the OP's question. Does anyone know how early WDW buses begin running?
And the same for the monorail? Is there anything on this site that has a listing of bus and monorail hours?

We too want to make it to the Poly for bfast. Coming from CBR and have a 7:30 am reservation.
We will not have a car and do not plan to use a taxi.

grimley1968
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
To expand further on the OP's question. Does anyone know how early WDW buses begin running?
And the same for the monorail? Is there anything on this site that has a listing of bus and monorail hours?

We too want to make it to the Poly for bfast. Coming from CBR and have a 7:30 am reservation.
We will not have a car and do not plan to use a taxi.

Bus and monorail transportation, I believe, runs at least one hour before park opening (or two hours if it is an EMH morning).

If you want to save a little time on the leg of the trip between MK and the Poly, there are two ways:

- ride the express monorail from MK to the TTC, and then walk to the Poly from there. The resort loop monorail has more stops before getting to the Poly.
- ride the boat if it's available when you are there (and at the dock or coming to the dock). That has, at most, one stop at GF before getting to the Poly. This is usually quicker than the resort monorail to the Poly from MK.

kirby428
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
The monorails start running "about 90 minutes before the designated parks (M.K. or Epcot) is scheduled to open". (Unofficial Guide, Eve Zibart)

joelkfla
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
The resort monorail starts at 7 a.m.

The TTC-MK express monorail starts 30 minutes before the MK opens.

I don't know first-hand what time the first bus is from CBR to MK, but others have said it is at 6:30, which should give you time to get to the MK and take the resort monorail to the Poly. Always let the driver know you are going to a character breakfast and at which resort; they may be able to drop you off (or may not.)

bored
08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
The resort monorail starts at 7 a.m.

The TTC-MK express monorail starts 30 minutes before the MK opens.

I don't know first-hand what time the first bus is from CBR to MK, but others have said it is at 6:30, which should give you time to get to the MK and take the resort monorail to the Poly. Always let the driver know you are going to a character breakfast and at which resort; they may be able to drop you off (or may not.)

Character buses do start around 6:30 am.