PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Area Hotel

OnlyDisney
07-30-2010, 02:44 PM
On the way down we are driving through the night from Kentucky to Disney on I-75. But we are stopping halfway on the way home around Atlanta. Just north of Atlanta is Marietta, GA. At Exit 261 is a Comfort Inn. Is this an OK area? We're originally from Seattle and not familiar with this part of the country. Would hate to stay some place scary!

grimley1968
07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
While I'm not familiar with that exact hotel, I am fairly familiar with Marietta. It's a very suburban place. It's a very nice town, and I'm not sure if there's any place safer on I-75. Comfort Inn is a good chain to pick for an overnight stay.

BridgetBordeaux
07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
If you can bear it, travel for about an extra hour and stop on the south side of Atlanta. Our rush hour is ugly and leaving from Marietta means you will have to deal with traffic first thing in the morning.

The traffic issue is not as bad if you are traveling on a Saturday or Sunday.

I can't suggest anything just south of the city, but maybe someone else can.

grimley1968
07-30-2010, 03:07 PM
If you can bear it, travel for about an extra hour and stop on the south side of Atlanta. Our rush hour is ugly and leaving from Marietta means you will have to deal with traffic first thing in the morning.

The traffic issue is not as bad if you are traveling on a Saturday or Sunday.

I can't suggest anything just south of the city, but maybe someone else can.

Wrong direction. They're staying in Marietta heading north from WDW. Atlanta's in their rear view mirror when they're in Marietta going back to Kentucky.

BridgetBordeaux
07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
....................never mind.

(with credit going to Gilda Radner for the line)