PDA

View Full Version : What food can I take through security check?

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
07-30-2010, 02:06 AM
I read the TSA site re: 3-1-1 & liquids, but can anyone tell me if I can take a sandwich packed from home through airport security?

We have to leave for the airport before the crack of dawn & rather than buy some crappy airport breakfast, can I take a sandwich & piece of fruit to eat while waiting to board?

Thanks - we don't fly very often - can you tell ;)

aubriee
07-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Yes, you can, but you'll either need to put the mayonaise or mustard on it beforehand, or else put one of those little packets in your 3-1-1 bag. You can carry a peanut butter sandwich through, but not a jar of peanut butter. Fruit is not a problem.

tjmw2727
07-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, a sandwich is fine even with condiments as a pp mentioned. I always pack a meal for myself and my dd's when we travel in a soft sided cooler.

I put in sandwiches or bagels, fruit (usually grapes), crackers and other snacks and frozen baby carrots for an ice pack. Then I purchase our drinks after security and pop them in the cooler. This way we have resealable drinks and don't have to wait on the FA.

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
07-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Thank you so much for replying:) I will pack everyone a ham, cheese & egg sandwich minus the egg then :laughing: I'd much rather have this at the airport at 7am than to try to try to eat bfast at home before we leave.

At World's End
07-31-2010, 11:04 AM
I always bring a couple of empty water bottles through security, then fill them at a water fountain. I add lemonade packets and we have drinks before they serve them on the plane.

You can bring a soft sided cooler with frozen veggies to keep it cool, as mentioned above. Our next trip will be a crack-of-dawn flight, then a very short layover, then a 5+ hour flight. I'm planning to bring bagels and creamcheese (already spread on the bagels) and sandwiches.

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
08-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Another great idea :goodvibes

DS will like having some water, we'll most likely order some coffee :thumbsup2