PDA

View Full Version : ABD Backstage Magic 4/17 - 4/22/11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DisneyKevin
07-29-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm first.

As requested, here is a link to pricing...

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input_pc.cfm

PodCast Team Members on this Adventure:
Pete
Walter
Teresa
Kathy

Announcement (added 08/04/2010)

We are pleased and honored to announce that we have made a special arrangement to have Marty Sklar join us for lunch on one day of our Adventure. This will be exclusive to those booked on this trip. You will be able to talk, ask questions of and interact with Marty in a casual lunch setting. As an added bonus everyone on the Adventure will receive a copy of the book "A Brush with Disney" autographed by Marty Sklar after they return home.

In order to allow everyone a chance to interact with Mr. Sklar we are limiting this Adventure to 30 guests plus the podcast team. Once we reach 30 guests we will no longer accept bookings on this adventure.

Check out Dave Parfitts Blog (http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/08/04/dis-unplugged-exclusive-lunch-with-the-imagineer-marty-sklar/) about this incredible trip and opportunity.

A List of Who's Going....

SusanWasHere - Susan
JWren1234 - Jason
deann - DeAnn
robinm1215 - Robin
Yvet - Yvette
Emiel - Emiel
bigmoonmullen - Mark
Louise - Mrs. bigmoonmullen
thekylers - Melissa
Shawn - Mr. thekylers
oilheadbob - Bob
Nancy - Mrs. oilheadbob
Rchristiansen - Becky
FFToolboxGuy - Jeff
Becky and Jeff's Daughter
KarenMom - Karen
DSNYDREAMER - Tracey
Ben - Tracey's son
Marla Hellwig - Marla
Kara - Marla's daughter
dbond - Dorothy
Webmaster Pete - Pete
AKA Scar - Walter
safetymom - Kathy
Newmouse2008 - Teresa

If you'd like to be added to the list....just let me know.

aspen37
07-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm second! :goodvibes

katscradle
07-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm 3rd! :)

Tonya2426
07-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Okay, I'll be 4th :rolleyes1

kab407
07-30-2010, 05:24 AM
:surfweb: Fifth!

Yvet
07-30-2010, 05:39 AM
6th (heey i can count)....

Does this mean that you guys have booked this??

corky441
07-30-2010, 05:59 AM
7th...this could be the one for Dino and me. Depending on the OMG head exploding news ;)

mainegal
07-30-2010, 07:16 AM
8th!
If I did go, it would be in April.
And I would need a room mate.

macman752
07-30-2010, 07:18 AM
9th.

Sally and I will be at Disneyland on the same dates as the February ABD adventure. Think anyone would notice 2 extra persons?

:rolleyes:

DisneyKevin
07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm guessing that because you all are posting to this thread, that I'll be getting credit card numbers from you all, as you MUST be booking this trip.

Right?

corky441
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing that because you all are posting to this thread, that I'll be getting credit card numbers from you all, as you MUST be booking this trip.

Right?

First you have to make my head explode ;) IF this is as big as you you're saying then it's probably a 99% go for us

Besides, I think you still have the Disney Visa # anyway

corky441
07-30-2010, 09:51 AM
It's starting to look like an ABD 1.0 reunion adventure isn't it :goodvibes

When will we know which members of the podcast team are on which adventures???

mainegal
07-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Right?

First you have to make my head explode ;) IF this is as big as you you're saying then it's probably a 99% go for us

I have been too scared to even look at the price yet. :scared1:
And my head may need to be exploded first. :scared1:

The ABD price isn't the only cost. Airfare, for sure.
But I am not sure what else...
I have never been to California.
In addition to the ABD days (how many days is ABD?), I am sure I will need to add some more day. Ka-ching! Some place to stay. Rental car. Food.

What else do I need for a really great trip to California? Help me out here, please!

DisneyKevin
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Folks,

I have started this thread (just like I did for both of the other trips) so that folks that have booked this Adventure and date would have a place to meet and discuss their upcoming trip.

I'm going to respectively ask that we take general discussion to another thread.

Thanks.

Tonya2426
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
It's starting to look like an ABD 1.0 reunion adventure isn't it :goodvibes

It may be a 1.0 reunion after all!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am trying to think of things that might make my head explode and make me book the trip again. Seeing the actual archives and not just the archive office (albeit the office is really cool) - that would make my head explode. Having lunch with John Lassiter and/or Bob Iger - that would make my head explode. That's all I have come up with so far.

Any other head exlpoding idea?

corky441
07-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I was thinking of a night in the Dream Suite - but they'd have to install bunk beds to accomodate us all - it would be fun - but highly doubt that could happen

aspen37
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Right?

Besides, I think you still have the Disney Visa # anyway

Like Marilee you first must make my head explode. This is the trip I would book if it is worth booking again. So Kevin go ahead and make my head explode. :goodvibes

bamajenn
07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll join you all this time if my wonderful mother will foot the bill for me and my family! *cough cough* Corkins *Ahem* :laughing:

JWren1234
07-31-2010, 06:02 PM
I just signed up for this trip! The last one was so incredible, I couldn't pass up going back again!

Jason:goodvibes

jimmaher69
07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Does this mean that John and Kevin are going in April? Nevermind, just noticed that there are threads for all the trips!

Quacktatty
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
What would be the single supplement price for this trip?

DisneyKevin
08-01-2010, 06:35 PM
what would be the single supplement price for this trip?

$3275.00

bigmoonmullen
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
We are in, just booked.:thumbsup2

Louise & Mark

Quacktatty
08-02-2010, 05:59 PM
$3275.00

Ouch...guess I'm out for this year.

deann
08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I just booked!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I needed to find a roomate because the single supplement was so high. I am happy to say that I will be rooming with SusanWasHere! I can't wait to meet everyone. :banana::banana::banana:

SusanWasHere
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM

I needed to find a roomate because the single supplement was so high. I am happy to say that I will be rooming with SusanWasHere! I can't wait to meet everyone. :banana::banana::banana:

I booked DeAnn! Can't wait - it's going to be a long 258 days LOL! I've never been to Disneyland so I'm sure I'll be on excitement-overdrive!!!!

deann
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I booked DeAnn! Can't wait - it's going to be a long 258 days LOL! I've never been to Disneyland so I'm sure I'll be on excitement-overdrive!!!!

I am so excited! Even though I go to DL all the time the trip just sounded too good to pass up. I know everyone will love DL. I can't wait to see Walt's apartment! I also can't wait to hear the big announcement. Although it might make the wait feel even longer!

SusanWasHere
08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I just signed up for this trip! The last one was so incredible, I couldn't pass up going back again!

Did you fly out of Newark last trip? If you don't mind my asking, how was the price? And were you able to get there ok by 1 pm? I booked! Can't wait!

bigmoonmullen
08-03-2010, 04:17 AM

:thumbsup2:cool1::mickeyjum

JWren1234
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Did you fly out of Newark last trip? If you don't mind my asking, how was the price? And were you able to get there ok by 1 pm? I booked! Can't wait!

Hi Susan!
Yes I flew out of Newark, as I recall the r/t on Continental was about $350. I flew into LAX and then out of Orange County back to Newark (the Orange County Airport was fantastic, and they have a 7:45AM flight that gets you back to Newark around 4PM). I checked the airfare quite a bit as the trip was coming up and it ranged anywhere between $350-$450.

Flying out, Continental has a couple of early flights. There is an 8AM that gets into LAX around 11:15AM and an earlier flight (I believe either 6AM or 6:30AM). Remember too that once arriving at LAX it can take awhile to get to the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel by transfer...everything they say about LA traffic is true!!! If you are flying in the day of the start of the tour, I would recommend taking the earliest flight you can. I flew in a couple of days early to adjust to the time change, and so I could relax before the tour started. If you can fly in a day or two before the start of the tour I highly recommend it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me!

Jason

bigmoonmullen
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi Susan!
Yes I flew out of Newark, as I recall the r/t on Continental was about $350. I flew into LAX and then out of Orange County back to Newark (the Orange County Airport was fantastic, and they have a 7:45AM flight that gets you back to Newark around 4PM). I checked the airfare quite a bit as the trip was coming up and it ranged anywhere between $350-$450.

Flying out, Continental has a couple of early flights. There is an 8AM that gets into LAX around 11:15AM and an earlier flight (I believe either 6AM or 6:30AM). Remember too that once arriving at LAX it can take awhile to get to the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel by transfer...everything they say about LA traffic is true!!! If you are flying in the day of the start of the tour, I would recommend taking the earliest flight you can. I flew in a couple of days early to adjust to the time change, and so I could relax before the tour started. If you can fly in a day or two before the start of the tour I highly recommend it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me!

Jason

Hi Jason,

Did you also add a day to the end of the trip so that you could use your park hopper ticket to tour the park(s)? If so, did they provide any fast passes for that day?

Not sure we are going to add any day(s) on either side of the trip yet.

Mark

JWren1234
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Jason,

Did you also add a day to the end of the trip so that you could use your park hopper ticket to tour the park(s)? If so, did they provide any fast passes for that day?

Not sure we are going to add any day(s) on either side of the trip yet.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I didn't add the day at the end of the trip last time, but for this trip I think I will. I'm not sure if they gave fast passes on that day, but I don't think so (I think I remember hearing that on the podcast that specifically talked about the trip).

Jason

SusanWasHere
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi Mark,

I didn't add the day at the end of the trip last time, but for this trip I think I will. I'm not sure if they gave fast passes on that day, but I don't think so (I think I remember hearing that on the podcast that specifically talked about the trip).

Jason

Thanks for all the info Jason! I'll be looking for flights like crazy once they come out! I am considering coming out before or staying after. I think going before would be good - esp for the time change. Plus it would be cool to check out Downtown Disney and some other stuff nearby. I guess I'll decide more as it gets closer! I wonder how many people are signed up for this trip so far? If it will be a big group or a little smaller?

deann
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the info Jason! I'll be looking for flights like crazy once they come out! I am considering coming out before or staying after. I think going before would be good - esp for the time change. Plus it would be cool to check out Downtown Disney and some other stuff nearby. I guess I'll decide more as it gets closer! I wonder how many people are signed up for this trip so far? If it will be a big group or a little smaller?

According to Kevin it sounds like we will hear the big news on tomorrow's podcast!

He wrote on the taunting thread:

New news about next year"s trips.

The folks that are already booked will be glad they are already booked.

That"s all I"m saying.

So I am thinking we might end up having a big group after the announcement. I'm glad we already booked!

DisneyKevin
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
According to Kevin it sounds like we will hear the big news on tomorrow's podcast!

He wrote on the taunting thread:

New news about next year"s trips.

The folks that are already booked will be glad they are already booked.

That"s all I"m saying.

So I am thinking we might end up having a big group after the announcement. I'm glad we already booked!

Or it could be opposite day.

SusanWasHere
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Or it could be opposite day.

Are you trying to kill us??? LOL if so, you are doing a great job!!

bigmoonmullen
08-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Y i p e e ! ! !

:thumbsup2:banana::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party: :jumping1::mickeyjum

newmouse2008
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Can I join this Party???:cool1:

T.

bigmoonmullen
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM

T.

Yup!!!

WebmasterJohn
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Please make sure you check the first post for updates and news on this adventure!!

JWren1234
08-04-2010, 12:57 PM

T.

Absolutely!!! Looking forward to meeting you on the trip!

safetymom
08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone. Looking forward to meeting everyone and spending time with you. :goodvibes

bigmoonmullen
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone. Looking forward to meeting everyone and spending time with you. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2:banana::cheer2:pixiedust::mickeyjum

SusanWasHere
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I listened to the podcast announcements right when I got up this morning (and was 20 mins late for work!!!) and it got me even more excited! Looking forward to touring with Pete, Walter, Teresa, and Kathy! We're going to have so much fun! And I'm glad Teresa is going bc I'm sure I'll be crying over everything and she tears up all the time too LOL :goodvibes

deann
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I listened to the podcast announcements right when I got up this morning (and was 20 mins late for work!!!) and it got me even more excited! Looking forward to touring with Pete, Walter, Teresa, and Kathy! We're going to have so much fun! And I'm glad Teresa is going bc I'm sure I'll be crying over everything and she tears up all the time too LOL :goodvibes

I know I'll probably shed a few tears in Walt's apartment. I am looking forward to spending time with Pete, Walter, Teresa, and Kathy as well! I did briefly meet Pete, Walter, and Teresa at the Disney Institute Behind the Scenes tour. I remember they got to see Walt's apartment and I was so jealous. This trip I will be able to go up there! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

SusanWasHere
08-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I know I'll probably shed a few tears in Walt's apartment. I am looking forward to spending time with Pete, Walter, Teresa, and Kathy as well! I did briefly meet Pete, Walter, and Teresa at the Disney Institute Behind the Scenes tour. I remember they got to see Walt's apartment and I was so jealous. This trip I will be able to go up there! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

LOL glad to hear you're a crier too!!! I was tearing up just listening to Pete and Walter talk about people getting emotional. And after a ton of times in MK at WDW I still get choked up every time I walk in. I'll probably be on the ground seeing DL's Main Street for the first time in April. This trip is going to be great!!!!! I've never been so excited to fall apart in front of people I don't know :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

safetymom
08-05-2010, 06:54 AM
If it has to do with Disney you will see me in tears often on the tour.

sceavis
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
How close of a sell out are we on this trip?

DisneyKevin
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
There is still space available for the February and April Adventures.

SusanWasHere
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
If it has to do with Disney you will see me in tears often on the tour.

Boys - bring the tissues!!!! :lmao::goodvibes:lmao::goodvibes

bigmoonmullen
08-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Boys - bring the tissues!!!! :lmao::goodvibes:lmao::goodvibes

Yipes, I think Pete will need to ship a case there prior to the trip.:rotfl2:

SusanWasHere
08-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Yipes, I think Pete will need to ship a case there prior to the trip.:rotfl2:

He should add some waterproof mascara to that as well haha! :thumbsup2

JWren1234
08-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Hi Susan,

It looks like Continental has come out with flights out of Newark for April. I'm been checking daily, right now its about $450-$470 round trip.

Jason

SusanWasHere
08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Susan,

It looks like Continental has come out with flights out of Newark for April. I'm been checking daily, right now its about $450-$470 round trip.

Jason

Did you purchase yet? I'm going to wait a while to see if I'm going to come early, stay later, or both. LOL too early to figure that all out now!! Thanks for letting me know and keep me posted!!

JWren1234
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Did you purchase yet? I'm going to wait a while to see if I'm going to come early, stay later, or both. LOL too early to figure that all out now!! Thanks for letting me know and keep me posted!!

I haven't purchased yet...hoping to do so sometime this month!

robinm1215
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I will be joining all of you on the trip in April. :thumbsup2

A little bit about me -- I'm a certified Disney nut, I'm a DVC owner at Kidani Village, and I have 2 more trips planned to the world this year including the Food and Wine Festival and a trip in December for my birthday.

I live in New Jersey -- I noticed a couple others (Susan and Jason) are from New Jersey as well. Susan, I live about 20 minutes from the outlets in Jackson (I'm in Robbinsville).

I've only been to Disneyland once before, but it was about 20 years ago so I really don't even remember being there. Really looking forward to going back again.:cool1:

Right now I'm looking into adding 2 extra nights at the end of the trip -- I figure I won't want to leave and probably won't get back to California anytime soon. I think I'll probably fly in on the day of the trip. Anyone else adding days to the end?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!:)

SusanWasHere
08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I will be joining all of you on the trip in April. :thumbsup2

A little bit about me -- I'm a certified Disney nut, I'm a DVC owner at Kidani Village, and I have 2 more trips planned to the world this year including the Food and Wine Festival and a trip in December for my birthday.

I live in New Jersey -- I noticed a couple others (Susan and Jason) are from New Jersey as well. Susan, I live about 20 minutes from the outlets in Jackson (I'm in Robbinsville).

I've only been to Disneyland once before, but it was about 20 years ago so I really don't even remember being there. Really looking forward to going back again.:cool1:

Right now I'm looking into adding 2 extra nights at the end of the trip -- I figure I won't want to leave and probably won't get back to California anytime soon. I think I'll probably fly in on the day of the trip. Anyone else adding days to the end?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!:)

Hi Robin! Great to hear you are going as well! I'm also a Disney nut - or a "Fellow Disney Freak" as my friend and I call each other! I own at SSR! I'm getting ready to leave for VWL/BCV on Monday and can't wait! What dates are you going in December? I'll be there the 14-19 staying at OKW. Another ABDer from this trip will be there as well. We should have a mini-pre-meet if you are there at the same time LOL!

I'm about 10 -15 minutes from the outlets! I love going there. I have never been to DL but am really looking forward to it! I would like to add days at the end - but do have to work that Monday. Was even thinking of flying in a day early to adjust to the time a bit. Did you see the points at VGC??? Wow - they are so high! So maybe another place nearby. Where were you thinking of staying? Are you flying out of Philadelphia or Newark?

robinm1215
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Robin! Great to hear you are going as well! I'm also a Disney nut - or a "Fellow Disney Freak" as my friend and I call each other! I own at SSR! I'm getting ready to leave for VWL/BCV on Monday and can't wait! What dates are you going in December? I'll be there the 14-19 staying at OKW. Another ABDer from this trip will be there as well. We should have a mini-pre-meet if you are there at the same time LOL!

I'm about 10 -15 minutes from the outlets! I love going there. I have never been to DL but am really looking forward to it! I would like to add days at the end - but do have to work that Monday. Was even thinking of flying in a day early to adjust to the time a bit. Did you see the points at VGC??? Wow - they are so high! So maybe another place nearby. Where were you thinking of staying? Are you flying out of Philadelphia or Newark?

Susan, I know several "Fellow Disney Freaks" myself! One of my best friends owns at BLT and she is way more Disney obsessed than me.

I love those outlets too -- maybe we'll run into each other at the Disney outlet sometime! It's the only one around here, although they are reopening the store in the Freehold Raceway Mall sometime later this fall. It will be nice to have the Disney store nearby again:thumbsup2

I'd love to fly in early too, but I think I'd rather spend the money at the back end and enjoy some more time at the parks. I actually took off on Monday so am thinking of adding 2 nights and taking the red eye back on Sunday night. I'm wondering what the impact of Easter will be at the parks though. It could be crazy crowded:scared1: But I think I'll do it anyway since I probably won't have the opportunity to go back to CA. I will most likely fly Continental out of Newark. I can't remember the last time I flew out of Philly. Where do you think you'll fly out of?

The points for GCV are crazy -- I know they're higher because it's a holiday but they seem higher overall at all times of the year compared to WDW. I *think* at this point I am leaning toward paying cash for the 2 extra nights at the Grand Californian, even though the prices are crazy. I just love my DVC and I don't think I'll be as happy if I move someplace else. It's a lot of money though (and I'm going solo so already paying the single supplement) so I have to decide if I want to splurge. Is there anyplace specific you were thinking of staying for the extra days?

My dates in December are 12/11-12/17 and I'll be at AKV, so we will be there at the same time. I would love to meet up with you and any others from this trip that will be around. It will be nice to meet in person before the trip :goodvibes You're going to have a great time on your upcoming trip -- I'm staying at BCV for the first time in Oct and can't wait!! Are you packed yet?

SusanWasHere
08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Susan, I know several "Fellow Disney Freaks" myself! One of my best friends owns at BLT and she is way more Disney obsessed than me.

I love those outlets too -- maybe we'll run into each other at the Disney outlet sometime! It's the only one around here, although they are reopening the store in the Freehold Raceway Mall sometime later this fall. It will be nice to have the Disney store nearby again:thumbsup2

I'd love to fly in early too, but I think I'd rather spend the money at the back end and enjoy some more time at the parks. I actually took off on Monday so am thinking of adding 2 nights and taking the red eye back on Sunday night. I'm wondering what the impact of Easter will be at the parks though. It could be crazy crowded:scared1: But I think I'll do it anyway since I probably won't have the opportunity to go back to CA. I will most likely fly Continental out of Newark. I can't remember the last time I flew out of Philly. Where do you think you'll fly out of?

The points for GCV are crazy -- I know they're higher because it's a holiday but they seem higher overall at all times of the year compared to WDW. I *think* at this point I am leaning toward paying cash for the 2 extra nights at the Grand Californian, even though the prices are crazy. I just love my DVC and I don't think I'll be as happy if I move someplace else. It's a lot of money though (and I'm going solo so already paying the single supplement) so I have to decide if I want to splurge. Is there anyplace specific you were thinking of staying for the extra days?

My dates in December are 12/11-12/17 and I'll be at AKV, so we will be there at the same time. I would love to meet up with you and any others from this trip that will be around. It will be nice to meet in person before the trip :goodvibes You're going to have a great time on your upcoming trip -- I'm staying at BCV for the first time in Oct and can't wait!! Are you packed yet?

I was at the Freehold Mall last week and saw the "Coming Soon" sign on the Disney store! I can't wait for it to open. I go to the outlets more than the mall though, but once it opens again maybe I'll visit there more :)

I can't take off that Monday bc I work in a school and we aren't allowed to take off the day after a break. I would love to add 2 days on though and leave on Sunday. If I'm tired at work that Monday - I don't care haha! I haven't really looked into where just yet. I'd love to stay at GCV. I wonder if there will be any DVC or AP discounts at that time for rooms there? We'll have to check as it gets closer. :thumbsup2 Were you looking for a roommate? Did you check out the thread for solo travelers looking? My roommate and I met up on one of the threads - so it should be a lot of fun!! :woohoo: Let's def set something up for December.

I love AKV! I stayed in a Jambo House studio for my b-day in '08. It was awesome! I haven't packed yet - but that will be my focus of the weekend. :scared1: Excited to stay at VWL as I've never stayed there. This is the 4th trip to BCV and that's my favorite! :goodvibes 4 more days.....:dance3:

deann
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM

:yay: Another ABDer! :banana:

Hello! I'm going on the trip and will be sharing a room with Susan. I will also be at WDW in Dec. I am going on the Podcast Cruise Dec. 12-16 and then staying at Pop until the 23rd. There is a unofficial podcast cruise event on Dec. 17 at Epcot. I don't know if you would want to stay another day for that. If not then maybe we can all meet up on the 16th?

I'm not really sure how crowded DL will be after the ABD trip. But I do know that Friday and Saturday are blockout days for all AP holders except premiums. So there won't be as many passholders those days.

I thought I would share some information about DL as I am not sure how much everyone knows about the differences between DL and WDW. I have a premium AP (well actually a premier pass since I also have a WDW AP). I go to DL quite often. This year I have probably been 7 or 8 times.

As you probably know DL is a lot smaller than WDW. It only takes maybe a minute to walk from DL's entrance to DCA's entrance. It is only a 5 minute walk to the onsite hotels. It can also be a 5 or 10 minute walk to an offsite hotel. I always stay offsite as it is much cheaper. I use Priceline and usually get a 3 1/2 star hotel for $50-$60 a night with all taxes and fees included. Some hotels may charge a resort fee or parking so it could add another $15-20 to the price. I usually get the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriot, Crown Plaza, or Hilton for that price. If you want to be within walking distance to DL, I would not take a chance with Priceline. Most hotels have ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) or free shuttles. I don't remember how much ART is, but it usually leaves about every 30 min. A lot of people on the Disneyland boards love Hojos and I have also read that the Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel. I've never stayed there as Priceline is usually cheaper and I always drive down to DL, so being close to the parks isn't a big deal for me.

There is a huge price difference in staying onsite vs. offsite. For example, currently the price for 2 nights after the trip at DL Paradise Pier is $725, the Grand Californian is over $1,000 and Hojos is $320. If you took a gamble on Priceline, you might be paying $100-120 for two nights. Of course there is always the possibility of discounts, but I am not sure how often DL offers discounts. I know you wrote that you wanted to stay at the Grand Californian, but I thought I would give you some information just in case. Also, hopefully it will help out any other ABDers who are thinking about staying pre or post ABD.

I hope that helps out a bit. If anyone else has questions about DL or hotels, feel free to ask. I would also recommend checking out the Disneyland board as there is tons of information there about hotels, the differences between WDW, Fastpass info, how to plan your day, etc...

I can't wait for the trip! Hopefully we can meet up at WDW in December. :thumbsup2

deann
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I was at the Freehold Mall last week and saw the "Coming Soon" sign on the Disney store! I can't wait for it to open. I go to the outlets more than the mall though, but once it opens again maybe I'll visit there more :)

I can't take off that Monday bc I work in a school and we aren't allowed to take off the day after a break. I would love to add 2 days on though and leave on Sunday. If I'm tired at work that Monday - I don't care haha! I haven't really looked into where just yet. I'd love to stay at GCV. I wonder if there will be any DVC or AP discounts at that time for rooms there? We'll have to check as it gets closer. :thumbsup2 Were you looking for a roommate? Did you check out the thread for solo travelers looking? My roommate and I met up on one of the threads - so it should be a lot of fun!! :woohoo: Let's def set something up for December.

I love AKV! I stayed in a Jambo House studio for my b-day in '08. It was awesome! I haven't packed yet - but that will be my focus of the weekend. :scared1: Excited to stay at VWL as I've never stayed there. This is the 4th trip to BCV and that's my favorite! :goodvibes 4 more days.....:dance3:

I was wondering if you had to work Monday. We always get the Monday after spring break off. Another reason why I like my schedule. Although, it is hard starting back so early. My second week will be over tomorrow though! Only 3 more weeks until I go to DL again! :lmao:

DisneyKevin
08-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I have added a list of those traveling on the ABD who have givem me permission to add their names.

If you would like me to add yours.....just drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

deann
08-13-2010, 08:31 PM
A List of Who's Going....

SusanWasHere - Susan
JWren1234 - Jason
deann - DeAnn
Webmaster Pete - Pete
AKA Scar - Walter
safetymom - Kathy
Newmouse2008 - Teresa

If you'd like to be added to the list....just let me know.

Yeah! I'm on the list! :cool1:

SusanWasHere
08-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if you had to work Monday. We always get the Monday after spring break off. Another reason why I like my schedule. Although, it is hard starting back so early. My second week will be over tomorrow though! Only 3 more weeks until I go to DL again! :lmao:

We normally do have that day off - but we don't this year. Hmmm, isn't that the day after Easter? I just quadruple-checked the calendar and we don't have it off. Thank you for all the info about staying near Disneyland - I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on! I wouldn't mind staying offsite and close by. Esp for the much cheaper rate.

And yeah! I'm on the list too!!!! :banana:

robinm1215
08-14-2010, 08:33 PM

I'm still contemplating where to stay after the trip. I know I really just want to stay at the Grand Californian, but we'll have to see. Maybe there will be some discounts, you never know :goodvibes I actually never looked for a roommate, just signed up. So I never checked any of the threads.

If you are thinking of coming back on Sunday, Continental has a bunch of earlier flights as well as the red eye. I was just thinking of doing the red eye so as to maximize my time that last day. But you could always take an earlier one -- you'd definitely be tired at work the next day but you'd have an extra day in Disney!

I love AKV too! It's probably my favorite place on property. I'm afraid I'll miss it in October. But I am excited to stay at BCV and be within walking distance to Epcot. Definitely a huge plus!

I'm staying at Jambo in a value studio in December. Hoping for a savannah view -- last time I got lucky so hopefully I will this time too! We'll definitely have to meet up in December! Looking forward to it!

Hope you're packing is going well and you're getting excited for your trip. How long are you going for?

:yay: Another ABDer! :banana:

Hello! I'm going on the trip and will be sharing a room with Susan. I will also be at WDW in Dec. I am going on the Podcast Cruise Dec. 12-16 and then staying at Pop until the 23rd. There is a unofficial podcast cruise event on Dec. 17 at Epcot. I don't know if you would want to stay another day for that. If not then maybe we can all meet up on the 16th?

I'm not really sure how crowded DL will be after the ABD trip. But I do know that Friday and Saturday are blockout days for all AP holders except premiums. So there won't be as many passholders those days.

I thought I would share some information about DL as I am not sure how much everyone knows about the differences between DL and WDW. I have a premium AP (well actually a premier pass since I also have a WDW AP). I go to DL quite often. This year I have probably been 7 or 8 times.

As you probably know DL is a lot smaller than WDW. It only takes maybe a minute to walk from DL's entrance to DCA's entrance. It is only a 5 minute walk to the onsite hotels. It can also be a 5 or 10 minute walk to an offsite hotel. I always stay offsite as it is much cheaper. I use Priceline and usually get a 3 1/2 star hotel for $50-$60 a night with all taxes and fees included. Some hotels may charge a resort fee or parking so it could add another $15-20 to the price. I usually get the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriot, Crown Plaza, or Hilton for that price. If you want to be within walking distance to DL, I would not take a chance with Priceline. Most hotels have ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) or free shuttles. I don't remember how much ART is, but it usually leaves about every 30 min. A lot of people on the Disneyland boards love Hojos and I have also read that the Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel. I've never stayed there as Priceline is usually cheaper and I always drive down to DL, so being close to the parks isn't a big deal for me.

There is a huge price difference in staying onsite vs. offsite. For example, currently the price for 2 nights after the trip at DL Paradise Pier is $725, the Grand Californian is over $1,000 and Hojos is $320. If you took a gamble on Priceline, you might be paying $100-120 for two nights. Of course there is always the possibility of discounts, but I am not sure how often DL offers discounts. I know you wrote that you wanted to stay at the Grand Californian, but I thought I would give you some information just in case. Also, hopefully it will help out any other ABDers who are thinking about staying pre or post ABD.

I hope that helps out a bit. If anyone else has questions about DL or hotels, feel free to ask. I would also recommend checking out the Disneyland board as there is tons of information there about hotels, the differences between WDW, Fastpass info, how to plan your day, etc...

I can't wait for the trip! Hopefully we can meet up at WDW in December. :thumbsup2

Hi DeAnn! Thanks so much for all of the Disneyland info. I know WDW like the back of my hand, but I feel so lost about Disneyland. I knew that it was a lot smaller so staying off site should not be as big of a deal as it is in WDW. But I am still leaning towards staying at the Grand Californian -- I know it will be a lot more expensive though so I am still thinking about it!

And thanks for the tip about the Disneyland board. I will definitely check it out. There's probably some good info over there!

For December, my flight is already booked, so I leave on the 17th. My flight is not until later that evening, but it might be better if we plan to meet up on the 16th. We'll figure something out -- looking forward to meeting both you and Susan!

Yvet
08-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Whoohoo we just booked this adventure :banana::banana:

We already have booked our airfare.
We booked all our flights with award miles from United.

Our trips starts at April 15th then we leave Amsterdam in the morning (our time) and arrive in Chicago early afternoon (US time).
We fly from Chicago to LAX and arrive late afternoon in LA.

We are going to use the time before the ABD trip to spend some time in Westwood and at the UCLA campus. I want to show Emiel where i spend my 6 weeks study in 2006.

After the ABD trip we stay an extra day we are going to stay off property for 1 night and we leave California on April 23 to spend the rest of our vacation at WDW.

Emiel has visit DL twice:
1990 with his parents and sister
2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel
2006 during my 6 weeks English Language course at UCLA i spend a weekend at DL totally alone and loved loved loved it!! I bought a Californian resident Annual Pass. This trip i also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour.

We both visited WDW many many times.

Our next trip is this December, we arrive December 10th and leave December 27th ofcourse we will be on PCC2.0!!

We are soooo looking forward going on this ABD adventure with all of you!!

SusanWasHere
08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Hello Robin! Let's def set something with DeAnn up for the 16th! And maybe Yvet and Emiel since they'll be there the same time! We can do a mini-ABD meet before our trip! Jason - will you be at WDW in December by any chance??:confused3

I leave tomorrow for a 12 day trip and haven't started packing yet. :scared1: I really should get moving since I have to leave my house around 2 am. I guess I'm waiting to feel the pressure LOL. I was just there for 9 days in July and left all my stuff in one general area after getting back. So really I just have to organize it into suitcases. See.... I'll say anything to procrastinate!!

I look forward to meeting you Yvet! And Emiel! I've heard you on the Podcast and you always having me cracking up while I'm walking. People probably think I'm crazy laughing while walking by myself :rotfl: I wonder if our ABD trip will stay small bc of the holiday. I really wouldn't mind, I think it would be fun to have a smaller group. We'll def get to know each other by the end, that's for sure. :hug:

I also signed up for the DATW at Epcot on the 17th of December, so I'll see a few of you then. This is really making me excited for the upcoming trips! April is going to be a blast :dance3:

And lastly, I'll be seeing Teresa tomorrow at the Echol's meet and believe Kathy will be there as well. So I'll meet 2 of our other ABDers! Can't wait!

deann
08-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Our trips starts at April 15th then we leave Amsterdam in the morning (our time) and arrive in Chicago early afternoon (US time).

We are going to use the time before the ABD trip to spend some time in Westwood and at the UCLA campus. I want to show Emiel where i spend my 6 weeks study in 2006.

After the ABD trip we stay an extra day we are going to stay off property for 1 night and we leave California on April 23 to spend the rest of our vacation at WDW.

2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel
2006 during my 6 weeks English Language course at UCLA i spend a weekend at DL totally alone and loved loved loved it!! I bought a Californian resident Annual Pass. This trip i also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour.

Our next trip is this December, we arrive December 10th and leave December 27th ofcourse we will be on PCC2.0!!

:cool1::yay::banana: Welcome Yvet and Emiel!

My niece wants to go to UCLA. We visited the campus about a month ago. It is beautiful.

I will also be on PCC2.0! It's my first Disney cruise. I am real excited. ABDers Robin and Susan will also be at WDW in December. We are planning on having a ABD mini-meet Dec. 16th, before Robin leaves. We haven't worked out any details yet. Susan and I are signed up to do the DATW event on the 17th.

I have two good friends from university who live in Amsterdam. I have visited about 3 times. One time I was there for Queen's Day! :thumbsup2 Wow! It was crazy, but so much fun! :goodvibes

deann
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Susan, we must have been typing our post at the same time!:lmao: Hope you have a great trip! I am so jealous, except for the hot weather at WDW! :lmao: It is going to be in the 100s this week here but we have a very dry heat. I am a wimp when it comes to the humidity and heat. One year I was at WDW in October and I thought it was hot!

Now, go pack! :rotfl: Have fun and say hello to Mickey for me!

JWren1234
08-15-2010, 01:52 PM

2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel

Hi Yvet! Looking forward to meeting you and Emiel on the trip...I've heard you on the podcast and can't wait to meet you in person!

JWren1234
08-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Hello Robin! Let's def set something with DeAnn up for the 16th! And maybe Yvet and Emiel since they'll be there the same time! We can do a mini-ABD meet before our trip! Jason - will you be at WDW in December by any chance??:confused3

I leave tomorrow for a 12 day trip and haven't started packing yet. :scared1: I really should get moving since I have to leave my house around 2 am. I guess I'm waiting to feel the pressure LOL. I was just there for 9 days in July and left all my stuff in one general area after getting back. So really I just have to organize it into suitcases. See.... I'll say anything to procrastinate!!

I look forward to meeting you Yvet! And Emiel! I've heard you on the Podcast and you always having me cracking up while I'm walking. People probably think I'm crazy laughing while walking by myself :rotfl: I wonder if our ABD trip will stay small bc of the holiday. I really wouldn't mind, I think it would be fun to have a smaller group. We'll def get to know each other by the end, that's for sure. :hug:

I also signed up for the DATW at Epcot on the 17th of December, so I'll see a few of you then. This is really making me excited for the upcoming trips! April is going to be a blast :dance3:

And lastly, I'll be seeing Teresa tomorrow at the Echol's meet and believe Kathy will be there as well. So I'll meet 2 of our other ABDers! Can't wait!

Hi Susan,
I'm not going to be at WDW in December (not enough vacation time:sad1:). I was wondering the same thing this morning about the size of our group, I'm interested to see how many people sign up!

Have a nice time at Teresa's meet tomorrow!

DisneyKevin
08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi folks...

Just so everyone knows....we have limited the Dis ABD Adventures to 30 people including the Podcast Crew.

The July trip actually has 31 signed on.

Kevin

bigmoonmullen
08-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Kevin,

You can add Louise & me to the list.:thumbsup2

Mark

DisneyKevin
08-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi Kevin,

You can add Louise & me to the list.:thumbsup2

Mark

Done!

bigmoonmullen
08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Hello everyone,

Louise & I are from suburbs of St. Louis (Go Cardinals) and first went to WDW in 2002 along with my brother’s family and my father. I have to stay I was stunned on how much I enjoyed this trip. I did not know really what to expect... as it turned out it was all good.

The first time I went down Main Street I had chills running up and down my spine. I kept thinking… hey you’re in your mid-40’s what the heck is this all about… Are you nuts? Well maybe so, but it’s a good nuts.

While watching Fantasmic one of my nieces was yelling to Mickey... "Run Mickey Run" while the dragon was chasing Mickey... what a great memory.

We have been going back most years since. We love the fall & Christmas time feel at WDW.

This will be our first trip to Disneyland and what away to see it... with a bunch of Fantastic fellow Disers and some of the Podcast team:mic:.:thumbsup2

We are leaning towards adding on 1 day prior (probably Renaissance Hollywood Hotel) and 1 day post tour to take in what we may have missed at Disneyland / California Adventure (not sure where). Sort of would like to stay at the Disneyland Resort for one day to get its flavor.

We can't wait to meet you all. We will be on POD2.0 (12/9 - 12/18) and I'm sure we will run into many of you there. DATW, Post MVMCP along with all the Cruise activities.

See you all real soon:wave2:

Mark

robinm1215
08-16-2010, 11:03 PM

2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel

Hi Yvette! Looking forward to meeting you and Emiel on our adventure! As DeAnn mentioned, we are trying to set up a meet for Dec 16 so hopefully you can join us too. It will be nice to meet whoever will be in WDW in Dec before the ABD trip next year!

How great that you are combining Disneyland and WDW into one trip! And your pre-trip plans sound great too!

Susan, hope you're having a blast! Very envious of your 12 day trip!

I was wondering too if our ABD group would be on the smaller side -- but I agree that it will be a lot of fun to have a smaller group!

We'll definitely plan something for Dec 16th -- sounds like quite a few of us will be around during that week.

Hello everyone,

Louise & I are from suburbs of St. Louis (Go Cardinals) and first went to WDW in 2002 along with my brother’s family and my father. I have to stay I was stunned on how much I enjoyed this trip. I did not know really what to expect... as it turned out it was all good.

The first time I went down Main Street I had chills running up and down my spine. I kept thinking… hey you’re in your mid-40’s what the heck is this all about… Are you nuts? Well maybe so, but it’s a good nuts.

While watching Fantasmic one of my nieces was yelling to Mickey... "Run Mickey Run" while the dragon was chasing Mickey... what a great memory.

We have been going back most years since. We love the fall & Christmas time feel at WDW.

This will be our first trip to Disneyland and what away to see it... with a bunch of Fantastic fellow Disers and some of the Podcast team:mic:.:thumbsup2

We are leaning towards adding on 1 day prior (probably Renaissance Hollywood Hotel) and 1 day post tour to take in what we may have missed at Disneyland / California Adventure (not sure where). Sort of would like to stay at the Disneyland Resort for one day to get its flavor.

We can't wait to meet you all. We will be on POD2.0 (12/9 - 12/18) and I'm sure we will run into many of you there. DATW, Post MVMCP along with all the Cruise activities.

See you all real soon:wave2:

Mark

Hi Mark and Louise!:wave2: Looking forward to meeting you both! Looks like you will also be at WDW in Dec so maybe you'd also like to join us for a pre-ABD meet on the 16th -- specific details to be discussed!

I visited St. Louis once about 10 years ago. Of course the thing I remember the most is going to the top of the Arch!

The thing I love about Disney is that it does not matter how old you are! I've had many great trips with my nephews and friend's kids along as well as equally enjoyable adult only trips. I love the fall in Disney too -- Food and Wine is probably my favorite time to visit. This will be my first time visiting during the Christmas season!

Looking forward to sharing this wonderful experience with all of you!!:goodvibes

Yvet
08-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Hello,

We would love to meet each other during PCC2.0 so the 16th sounds right.
Just tell us when and where and we will be there.

And we are for sure doing DATW on the 17th....

bigmoonmullen
08-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Hi all,

The afternoon of the 16th would work for us too:thumbsup2. We need to be over at MK around 4:00PM to meet up with a group for MCMCP.

We are planning on Chefs de France / Candlelight Processional on the 10th with my parents and a few other Disers.

As Yvet mentioned DATW is on the 17th.

We are staying at the Swan pre/post POD2.0.

Let us know when & where and we will make every effort to be there:banana:

Another day closer to both trips:thumbsup2

Mark

robinm1215
08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello,

We would love to meet each other during PCC2.0 so the 16th sounds right.
Just tell us when and where and we will be there.

And we are for sure doing DATW on the 17th....

Hi all,

The afternoon of the 16th would work for us too:thumbsup2. We need to be over at MK around 4:00PM to meet up with a group for MCMCP.

We are planning on Chefs de France / Candlelight Processional on the 10th with my parents and a few other Disers.

As Yvet mentioned DATW is on the 17th.

We are staying at the Swan pre/post POD2.0.

Let us know when & where and we will make every effort to be there:banana:

Another day closer to both trips:thumbsup2

Mark

I won't be on the cruise but I'm sure you will all have loads of fun! I'll be at AKV from 12/11-12/17. Wish I could do DATW but I leave on the 17th. We'll definitely have to get something set up for the 16th. It will be great to meet before our trip next year!:thumbsup2

So has anyone else made any decisions on if they are coming in early before the ABD portion starts and/or staying later. I'm still leaning towards adding 2 night to the end. I haven't booked airfare yet since it seems pretty far away but I guess I should start looking around.

Yvet
08-20-2010, 07:07 AM
When you arrive a few days early or stay a few days after (and you don't book the extra stay thru ABD) then you need a other way of transportation to and from the airport.

Here is some information about shuttle companies.
It's cheap!!!!

I have used them myself when i was at UCLA and i have used them a few times.
From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA
http://www.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

and there is also this one but i never used these.
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

I hope this info helps!!!

safetymom
08-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Super Shuttle can be a pain when it stops to pick up more people. I highly recommend the Disneyland bus by Gray Line to get to DL and back!!!! It is so easy and much better than being cramped in a van.

http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm

bigmoonmullen
08-20-2010, 07:17 AM
When you arrive a few days early or stay a few days after (and you don't book the extra stay thru ABD) then you need a other way of transportation to and from the airport.

It's cheap!!!!

From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA

Hi Yvet,

Thanks for this info... I've added it to my documents. I think we are going to add 1 night before and 1 night after. I really don't want to be flying home on Easter, not sure want out families would think about that. Probably will stay at the Hollywood Renaissance prior but looking at a cheaper option post tour.

Mark

bigmoonmullen
08-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Super Shuttle can be a pain when it stops to pick up more people. I highly recommend the Disneyland bus by Gray Line to get to DL and back!!!! It is so easy and much better than being cramped in a van.

http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm

Hi Kathy,

Do they also drop you off at Hollywood Renaissance ?

Mark

Yvet
08-20-2010, 08:01 AM
I believe that everybody that is in WDW can join us on December 16th.

What would everybody would like to do for a meet??
Lunch? or just some drinks somewhere or just a lobby meet what are you guys thinking off??

Maybe we can do a meet just a the cruise is over.
We take the transportation that DU offers and that will bring us back to the Swan hotel.
We could meet around 10am 10.30am at the Swan at Splash Terrace or when that's closed at the Dolphin Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
There is enough space there for a meet if you want you can drink something or eat something.

bigmoonmullen
08-20-2010, 08:26 AM

Lunch? or just some drinks somewhere or just a lobby meet what are you guys thinking off??

We take the transportation that DU offers and that will bring us back to the Swan hotel.
We could meet around 10am 10.30am at the Swan at Splash Terrace or when that's closed at the Dolphin Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
There is enough space there for a meet if you want you can drink something or eat something.

Yvet,

Post cruise at the Swan will work for us:thumbsup2... we will be staying there anyway and like you said DU transportation will be bringing us back there if you signed up for the transfers... sounds like a plan... lets see what other people think... pipe in everyone.

Take care,

Mark

p.s. maybe we can get Teresa & Kathy to show up for a few minutes too:yay:

SusanWasHere
08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone! I'm so glad we are going to meet up on the 16th! It will be awesome to get to know each other before the big trip! I'm fine with meeting at the Swan. Drinks, food, whatever! Works for me! And I was going to say the same thing about Teresa and Kathy! :thumbsup2

My trip at WDW has been great. This is my 4th August in a row and man - this is a hot one! Too hot to even go out. And for me to say that, it must be hot!! Stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Checked in Monday and oh wow was it amazing! May now be my favorite resort! Switched over to the Beach Club Villas today! 4th time here. I love the pool and the location - but must say I'm missing the Lodge. If the lodge was next to Epcot and had Stormalong Bay - I would never leave!! LOL

I do want to stay after the ABD trip, but wasn't really factoring in the Easter part of it. I don't care about missing the holiday, I'm more concerned with flight prices and the TRAFFIC when getting home. Hmmmm..... that gave me some stuff to think about. Thankfully we have some time. Ok, off to bed. Was up early to take the Lodge tour (thanks Kathy!) and am exhausted. We were stuck on a monorail for about 40 mins today and the AC wasn't really working. :scared1: Can't wait for December! And April!!

robinm1215
08-24-2010, 07:22 PM

It's cheap!!!!

From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA

Thanks so much for that info. I am leaning toward just booking my extra days through ABD right now so I might not need this, but it will definitely come in handy if I change my plans. I know WDW so well, but I realize how little I know about Disneyland and getting around so this is really helpful:thumbsup2

Meeting at the Swan or Dolphin sounds fine to me. Whatever works for everyone. I plan on being in Epcot that day anyway. I might vote for meeting a bit later if we wanted to have a few drinks though. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone before the trip! So glad a lot of us are going to be in WDW in Dec!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad we are going to meet up on the 16th! It will be awesome to get to know each other before the big trip! I'm fine with meeting at the Swan. Drinks, food, whatever! Works for me! And I was going to say the same thing about Teresa and Kathy! :thumbsup2

My trip at WDW has been great. This is my 4th August in a row and man - this is a hot one! Too hot to even go out. And for me to say that, it must be hot!! Stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Checked in Monday and oh wow was it amazing! May now be my favorite resort! Switched over to the Beach Club Villas today! 4th time here. I love the pool and the location - but must say I'm missing the Lodge. If the lodge was next to Epcot and had Stormalong Bay - I would never leave!! LOL

I do want to stay after the ABD trip, but wasn't really factoring in the Easter part of it. I don't care about missing the holiday, I'm more concerned with flight prices and the TRAFFIC when getting home. Hmmmm..... that gave me some stuff to think about. Thankfully we have some time. Ok, off to bed. Was up early to take the Lodge tour (thanks Kathy!) and am exhausted. We were stuck on a monorail for about 40 mins today and the AC wasn't really working. :scared1: Can't wait for December! And April!!

Glad to hear you're having a good trip and that you liked VWL! I was in WDW last August and I do remember the heat. I have heard from a few people that this summer has been especially hot. But I'd rather be hot at Disney than at work! And we are having weird weather in NJ this week -- yesterday and today I think it may have only hit 70 -- and it's been rainy and overcast. Yuk!

Just FYI on the flights, I have been checking Continental out of Newark and the price has gone up about $20 since I first checked. I will probably check some other airlines to see if there's anything better but I think I liked Continental's times the best so far. I feel like we have a lot of time, but if the prices keep increasing it's going to make me want to book my flight now (so I don't have to obsessively monitor it all the time:rotfl:). Right now I'm planning on taking the red eye back on Sunday night so hopefully I won't have to worry about any traffic but in NJ you never know!

JWren1234
08-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Just FYI on the flights, I have been checking Continental out of Newark and the price has gone up about $20 since I first checked. I will probably check some other airlines to see if there's anything better but I think I liked Continental's times the best so far. I feel like we have a lot of time, but if the prices keep increasing it's going to make me want to book my flight now (so I don't have to obsessively monitor it all the time:rotfl:). Right now I'm planning on taking the red eye back on Sunday night so hopefully I won't have to worry about any traffic but in NJ you never know!

I agree on the flights, I've been checking Continental from Newark to LA and from Orange County back to Newark every day for about two weeks...it's gone from $450 to $470. I have a feeling that I will be booking my flight within the next month. I definitely agree that Continental has the best times out of Newark...far and away the most convenient.

Yvet
08-27-2010, 05:51 AM
I might vote for meeting a bit later if we wanted to have a few drinks though.

I think that meeting each other in the morning is the best time to meet.
It's getting of the ship and then to the Swan.
And after that everybody has still a great amount of the day to do whatever they planned to do.

When i suggested drinks i didn't meant alcoholic drinks but just soda's....

deann
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
PCC2.0 will be my first Disney cruise. What time do they kick us off the boat? :laughing: I'm thinking it must be pretty early if the plan is to meet at 10:00am. As this will be my family's first Disney cruise I can see them wanting to stay on as long as possible.

We will have a rental car so I could be dropped off at the Swan. The only thing is my sister-in-law is probably flying home that day and we might have to drop her off at the airport prior to heading to WDW. This all depends on the time of her flight of course. So, I guess if they kick us off early then 10:00 am will work.

DisneyKevin
08-27-2010, 07:12 PM
PCC2.0 will be my first Disney cruise. What time do they kick us off the boat? :laughing: I'm thinking it must be pretty early if the plan is to meet at 10:00am. As this will be my family's first Disney cruise I can see them wanting to stay on as long as possible.

We will have a rental car so I could be dropped off at the Swan. The only thing is my sister-in-law is probably flying home that day and we might have to drop her off at the airport prior to heading to WDW. This all depends on the time of her flight of course. So, I guess if they kick us off early then 10:00 am will work.

Getting off the ship is far less glamorous than boarding the ship.

Almost everyone is off by 8:30am as they have to turn the ship around for the folks boarding at noon.

deann
08-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks Kevin! Well then 10:00 am should work. Right? Will 1 1/2 hours be enough time even if we have to make a stop at the airport?

robinm1215
08-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree on the flights, I've been checking Continental from Newark to LA and from Orange County back to Newark every day for about two weeks...it's gone from $450 to $470. I have a feeling that I will be booking my flight within the next month. I definitely agree that Continental has the best times out of Newark...far and away the most convenient.

I've only been checking round trip to LAX and back -- is it cheaper and/or are there better options to fly back home out of Orange County?

I think that meeting each other in the morning is the best time to meet.
It's getting of the ship and then to the Swan.
And after that everybody has still a great amount of the day to do whatever they planned to do.

When i suggested drinks i didn't meant alcoholic drinks but just soda's....

Whatever works best for everyone is fine for me:goodvibes

I'm good with whatever works for everyone who will be on the cruise. I'll already be on property so I can be there at whatever time is best for all of you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone:thumbsup2

SusanWasHere
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone! I'm home from my awesome 12 days in WDW and just sitting here realizing how boring reality is compared to vacation! Haha! I can't wait to meet everyone in December! I think that will make April even more fun :goodvibes I hope to start looking for flights soon. Don't want to jump the gun. Southwest is my fave carrier and they open up dates for April the beginning of October, so we'll see. Plus they give you a credit if the fare goes down... not sure if other airlines do this since I've only used SW for years! :confused3 And I'm def going to add another day or 2 at the end. Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. I can't believe I go back to school on Wednesday :( So not ready just yet! !

Anyone do anything fun this weekend? I got in late Friday night. Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning the house, washing the blankets the cats were on for 2 weeks w/o me, food shopping, unpacking, and going through tons of mail! Today it's me on the couch watching tons of stuff on the DVR. I have my last 2 episodes of "Pillars of the Earth" to catch up on! Have a great Sunday :goodvibes

robinm1215
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone! I'm home from my awesome 12 days in WDW and just sitting here realizing how boring reality is compared to vacation! Haha! I can't wait to meet everyone in December! I think that will make April even more fun :goodvibes I hope to start looking for flights soon. Don't want to jump the gun. Southwest is my fave carrier and they open up dates for April the beginning of October, so we'll see. Plus they give you a credit if the fare goes down... not sure if other airlines do this since I've only used SW for years! :confused3 And I'm def going to add another day or 2 at the end. Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. I can't believe I go back to school on Wednesday :( So not ready just yet! !

Anyone do anything fun this weekend? I got in late Friday night. Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning the house, washing the blankets the cats were on for 2 weeks w/o me, food shopping, unpacking, and going through tons of mail! Today it's me on the couch watching tons of stuff on the DVR. I have my last 2 episodes of "Pillars of the Earth" to catch up on! Have a great Sunday :goodvibes

Welcome home Susan! Hope you had a wonderful trip! Seems like you brought back the hot Florida weather with you to NJ. Seriously, the beginning of last week was overcast and around 70 -- I'm happy to see the sun but 95 degrees is a bit hot for me. I did get to spend some time at the beach this weekend though so that was nice. I can't believe summer is almost over:sad2: Are you a teacher -- you mentioned you are going back to school Wednesday. Hope you enjoy your last day off!:goodvibes

I always fly out of Newark -- either Jet Blue or Continental -- and Jet Blue definitely gives you a credit if the fare goes down, not sure about Continental though. Sounds like you're looking to go out of Philly if you want to fly Southwest. I'm definitely more comfortable with Newark so I'll probably stick to flying out of there although I did hear that Southwest is coming to Newark. Not sure when or if I'm willing to wait to find out the details. I don't want to jump the gun either but I don't want to wait too long and risk the fares increasing. I'm definitely adding 2 nights to the back end, but just trying to decide if I want to take the red eye back or a flight at a more normal time.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.:thumbsup2

Yvet
08-31-2010, 06:00 AM
We have booked our airfare as soon as we knew we where going.
We fly with a normal airline not a discounter because we fly international.
And because we fly on frequent flyer miles this time we needed to book fast because with Eastern weekend there wasn't that much space left anymore.

I know that the normal airlines can be booked 330 days out and that discounters can be booked later.
But i would book as soon as those prices come out because it's Eastern weekend and those flights are full in a minute and i don't believe that the prices for those kind of holiday weekends will drop.
The sooner you book the better the price and that way you know that you have a flight.

Just my 2 cents....

thekylers
09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Melissa:cheer2:

Yvet
09-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Hi Melissa and Shawn:wave:

Welcome to the trip it's going to be a great trip.
Just let us know how you experience your first DL trip!!!

bigmoonmullen
09-03-2010, 04:10 AM

Hi Melissa & Shawn,

We are glad that you will be joining us:welcome:

Have a Great Trip in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing the details.

Louise & Mark

DisneyKevin
09-03-2010, 08:47 AM

We will start ABD chats again eventually.

These are on Thursday nights and they give everyone a chance to get to know one another.

By the time your Adventure rolls around, you'll be traveling with old friends.

thekylers
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks Kevin,Yvet, Louise and Mark for making me feel welcome already.

Yvet
09-03-2010, 10:23 AM
We will start ABD chats again eventually.

These are on Thursday nights and they give everyone a chance to get to know one another.

By the time your Adventure rolls around, you'll be traveling with old friends.

Please pretty please when we set up the chats can you please consider the fact that we are 6 hours ahead of EST.......

JWren1234
09-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Welcome to the trip Melissa & Shawn! It will be an awesome time!

thekylers
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the trip Melissa & Shawn! It will be an awesome time!

Thanks, Jason I can't wait. I am so excited it sounds like an unbelievable trip.popcornpopcorn::

bigmoonmullen
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Louise & I are planning on staying one extra day before the tour and one day after.

Before we are looking at:
Renaissance Hollywood Hotel - We are trying to factor in estimated transfer cost from LAX if we book it on our own. About a $60.00 difference in room rates...

After the tour we are considering the following:
Candy Cane Inn - Highly ranked by Trip Advisor #3 out of 107 Anaheim. Around $160.00 including Taxes

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort - Starwood Preferred member - Ranked #9. Like the idea of getting my points. Around $200 including Taxes.

Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - I really doubt that we will stay here however. It is ranked #5. We all know it's not cheap but you are already there.

California does like it's room tax rate:sad1: 15 to 16%

We are seriously starting to look at prices. Just waiting for Southwest schedule to open up. Normally we fly American but I'm getting sick of their bag fees and usually I have to fly to Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth or Miami to get anywhere from St. Louis. Actually this time I can fly direct to LAX but why pay the extra baggage fees if the rates are similar. I think we will just save all of our AA miles for first class flights to Hawaii for the Disney DVC & ABD or Disney Cruise... Kevin... just a small little hint here for sometime in the future:thumbsup2

Can't wait,

Mark

emt_pinky
09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I really want to go!! my birthday is on the 24th and would love to spend it in the Land. We have to sell our house (our first house) so we can go. Anyone want to buy a house? All my play money is going to an extra house note.:headache: I have hope!!

I need some friends on the boards. I am new at this. If you are willing to help a louisiana girl figure out the boards, I sure could use it. :rolleyes:

I hope things fall into place and I can score a spot on this ABD trip. My husband would flip his lid to meet Kathy.:yay:

JWren1234
09-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi,

Louise & I are planning on staying one extra day before the tour and one day after.

Renaissance Hollywood Hotel - We are trying to factor in estimated transfer cost from LAX if we book it on our own. About a $60.00 difference in room rates...

Candy Cane Inn - Highly ranked by Trip Advisor #3 out of 107 Anaheim. Around $160.00 including Taxes

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort - Starwood Preferred member - Ranked #9. Like the idea of getting my points. Around $200 including Taxes.

Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - I really doubt that we will stay here however. It is ranked #5. We all know it's not cheap but you are already there.

We are seriously starting to look at prices. Just waiting for Southwest schedule to open up. Normally we fly American but I'm getting sick of their bag fees and usually I have to fly to Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth or Miami to get anywhere from St. Louis. Actually this time I can fly direct to LAX but why pay the extra baggage fees if the rates are similar. I think we will just save all of our AA miles for first class flights to Hawaii for the Disney DVC & ABD or Disney Cruise... Kevin... just a small little hint here for sometime in the future:thumbsup2

Can't wait,

Mark

I've booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood, I had an excellent experience with the ABD transfer last April.

I don't know what I'm doing for a post night. The Disneyland Hotel is coming in around $140 cheaper than the Grand Californian. I don't know at this point if losing the transfer back to the airport and the process of changing hotels is worth the hassle.

Jason

JWren1234
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I really want to go!! my birthday is on the 24th and would love to spend it in the Land. We have to sell our house (our first house) so we can go. Anyone want to buy a house? All my play money is going to an extra house note.:headache: I have hope!!

I need some friends on the boards. I am new at this. If you are willing to help a louisiana girl figure out the boards, I sure could use it. :rolleyes:

I hope things fall into place and I can score a spot on this ABD trip. My husband would flip his lid to meet Kathy.:yay:

Hi!

My advice would be to keep posting on the boards, the podcast board in particular is a very friendly place!

I'm hoping you get a chance to come on the trip, it's going to be a great time!

robinm1215
09-05-2010, 09:31 PM

:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! Looking forward to meeting you both! It's going to be a great trip. That's so exciting about your first trip to Disneyland -- you'll have to let us all know how it goes!

Hi,

Can't wait,

Mark

I've booked 2 post nights at the Grand Californian. I know it's pricy but we'll already be there and I have a feeling I won't want to move. I love my DVC and the pictures of this resort remind me of AKV which I love. I also figure it's not likely I'll make it out to California again very soon so I might as well live it up. I love how I keep trying to rationalize this decision :rotfl:

It looks like the Candy Cane Inn is a good choice too. I read some nice reviews of it and probably would have picked it if I had decided to change hotels. Good luck with your decision!

Hope you can join us :goodvibes

I've booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood, I had an excellent experience with the ABD transfer last April.

I don't know what I'm doing for a post night. The Disneyland Hotel is coming in around $140 cheaper than the Grand Californian. I don't know at this point if losing the transfer back to the airport and the process of changing hotels is worth the hassle.

Jason

Right now I'm planning on just flying in the day of the tour. I am considering adding an extra day at the Renaissance up front though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the transfers last year. What did you do with the extra time up front (assuming you came in early last year too)? I'm trying to decide if there's anything I really want to see that would make it worth it to me to fly in a day early.

thekylers
09-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks Robin! Only 10 more days until my first trip to the land. Shawn is not going on this trip, because he doesn't like to fly and we live in Jersey. I am going with my mom for this trip and then I talked Shawn into going on the ABD trip.

I was going to fly in on the day of the tour as well, but then I started worrying, what if there is a delay or weather and then I miss the 1:00 time. So I think I will fly in a day earlier and then just stay at one of the hotels by the airport for the night. Some have a complmentary shuttle to and from the hotel so then I could meet the tour at the airport.

I put a ticker on my signature, but I can't see it after I post only the link. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Yvet
09-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I put a ticker on my signature, but I can't see it after I post only the link. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Put the link in between i hope that it works then.
At least then you can see the ticker but you have to check again if it also does the count down.

bigmoonmullen
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Put the link in between i hope that it works then.
At least then you can see the ticker but you have to check again if it also does the count down.

Hi Yvet.

That looks good to me. The one I'm using is the same

Mark

thekylers
09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys! I did get it to work.

bigmoonmullen
09-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys! I did get it to work.

:thumbsup2

thekylers
09-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Jason

I was thinking about staying a pre-night just at a hotel near the airport, but just learned that if I book a pre-night through ABD that transfer is included that night. If you don't mind do you know what a night at the Renaissance Hollywood runs through ABD? I will book through dreams of course.:wizard:

bigmoonmullen
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I was thinking about staying a pre-night just at a hotel near the airport, but just learned that if I book a pre-night through ABD that transfer is included that night. If you don't mind do you know what a night at the Renaissance Hollywood runs through ABD? I will book through dreams of course.:wizard:

Hi Melissa and Shawn,

We have also booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood through ABD. Cost was $307.58 (taxes included) and transfers are included.

We also booked a post night stay at the Candy Cane Inn for less than $150.00 taxes included and transfers are NOT included on return trip to LAX. Our tentative plan is after the final breakfast to switch hotels and then depending on everyone plans try and meet up in one of the parks.

Mark

bigmoonmullen
09-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I was just curious if Napa Rose was included in the ABD portion of the trip. I did not see it mentioned so I assuming the answer is No. If not, is it worth it and who would be interested in eating here?

Mark

thekylers
09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi Melissa and Shawn,

We have also booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood through ABD. Cost was $307.58 (taxes included) and transfers are included.

We also booked a post night stay at the Candy Cane Inn for less than $150.00 taxes included and transfers are NOT included on return trip to LAX. Our tentative plan is after the final breakfast to switch hotels and then depending on everyone plans try and meet up in one of the parks.

Mark

I figured it would be expensive, I don't know if I can forgo that much more, but it would be nice to already be at the destination. I will have to think about it. I called the Hilton by the airport and it was just over a hundred.

DisneyKevin
09-09-2010, 09:02 AM
I was just curious if Napa Rose was included in the ABD portion of the trip. I did not see it mentioned so I assuming the answer is No. If not, is it worth it and who would be interested in eating here?

Mark

Napa Rose is not part of the ABD itinerary.

bigmoonmullen
09-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Napa Rose is not part of the ABD itinerary.

Thank Kevin... I was thinking that might be the case.

If the group has any interest maybe we can make a reservation there on one of the nights that dinner is not included. What is you opinion of Napa Rose? Pete seems not to be as fond of it as he once was. Samatha Brown seems to love it... but then again she is going to get the best of the best.

Mark

DisneyKevin
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Thank Kevin... I was thinking that might be the case.

If the group has any interest maybe we can make a reservation there on one of the nights that dinner is not included. What is you opinion of Napa Rose? Pete seems not to be as fond of it as he once was. Samatha Brown seems to love it... but then again she is going to get the best of the best.

Mark

Please keep in mind that I have only been there once, but I thought it was overpriced and pretentious.

We thought Steakhouse 55 was wonderful. We went twice.

bigmoonmullen
09-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Please keep in mind that I have only been there once, but I thought it was overpriced and pretentious.

We thought Steakhouse 55 was wonderful. We went twice.

That is all I needed to hear.

Thanks,

Mark

thekylers
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Where is the farewell dinner held? I looked at the itinerary on the Dreams Unlimited site, but didn't see a location mentioned?

DisneyKevin
09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Where is the farewell dinner held? I looked at the itinerary on the Dreams Unlimited site, but didn't see a location mentioned?

In April, our Farewell Dinner was held in a conference room at the Grand Californian, which opened onto a small garden where the buffet was set up.

I dont think a location is listed as I think the location is subject to change.

bigmoonmullen
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I figured it would be expensive, I don't know if I can forgo that much more, but it would be nice to already be at the destination. I will have to think about it. I called the Hilton by the airport and it was just over a hundred.

Hi Melissa,

I understand what you are thinking... I thought about it too for a while... just ask Kevin... but I decided it was worth it because we would possibly be able to meet some of our fellow Disers a day early and get an early start on the party :banana::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party:

Mark

thekylers
09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=bigmoonmullen;38172414]Hi Melissa,

I understand what you are thinking... I thought about it too for a while... just ask Kevin... but I decided it was worth it because we would possibly be able to meet some of our fellow Disers a day early and get an early start on the party :banana::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party:

Mark[/QUOTE

Mark,
princess:
It does sound like a lot of fun to meet up before hand. I will go on my trip this week and then I will decide. I guess it will depend on how much money I spend at the Land this first time.

bigmoonmullen
09-11-2010, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=bigmoonmullen;38172414]Hi Melissa,

Mark[/QUOTE

Mark,
princess:
It does sound like a lot of fun to meet up before hand. I will go on my trip this week and then I will decide. I guess it will depend on how much money I spend at the Land this first time.

Melissa,

Have a Great Trip:cool1: and I completely understand the cost considerations.

Mark

thekylers
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=bigmoonmullen;38181064][QUOTE=thekylers;38180900]

Melissa,

Have a Great Trip:cool1: and I completely understand the cost considerations.

Mark[/QUOTE

Thanks, Mark! I am so excited! :woohoo

thekylers
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I wanted to find something out from everyone who is going so far. My husband, Shawn is going with me and he is not as much of a Disney Fan as I am. Is this the case with anyone else? I know he will have a nice enough time, but will it be as awesome for him as it will be for me?

SusanWasHere
09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone!
Welcome to the recent additions to the trip!:thumbsup2 I haven't been on here much lately. It's been a crazy couple of weeks back at school! I got switched to a new building so it's been INSANE unpacking, getting used to a completely new system, new principal, new procedures, a bunch of new curriculum, and just trying to feel somewhat settled. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off! :scared1:I had reservations to go to Disney for this long holiday weekend - but ended up not going bc I just have to much to do for work :( I wish I was there!!:sad1:

Anyway, I did notice on my school calendar I have off that Monday if we don't use any snow days. Last year we used all 3, so I can't really depend on that. :confused3 I am looking to stay those 2 days after - but need to find someplace cheap to stay. I haven't had a chance to read back through everyone's recent posts. Anyone find someplace inexpensive? Flying in the day before would be great - I'd like to feel settled and have some time to adjust with the time change. Haven't booked my flight yet. The best price I've seen so far is $485 not including luggage fees.

I'm really looking forward to this trip! Especially since I can tell this is going to be a crazy school year - this trip gives me something to look forward to!

Did we ever agree on a time/place to meet on the 16th? The last I remember was the Swan. I believe in the morning? I'll go back and read all I've missed. I'm so procrastinating doing my first set of lesson plans that are due tomorrow morning LOL:rolleyes1

JWren1234
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
:

Right now I'm planning on just flying in the day of the tour. I am considering adding an extra day at the Renaissance up front though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the transfers last year. What did you do with the extra time up front (assuming you came in early last year too)? I'm trying to decide if there's anything I really want to see that would make it worth it to me to fly in a day early.

The Renaissance is connected to the Hollywood & Highland shopping and entertainment complex and that is where I spent most of my time before the trip last April (I got in two days ahead of time). There are a lot of shops and restaurants (CPK, Hard Rock Cafe, etc). I also saw a movie at the El Capitan, which is a phenomenal experience, I highly recommend it...depending on what movie is playing. The Disney Ice Cream/Soda Shop is also a lot of fun. The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel is about a block away from the Renaissance and has an awesome place for burgers called 25 Degrees.

I really liked coming in early, it helped me to adjust to the time difference.

Jason :goodvibes

JWren1234
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I wanted to find something out from everyone who is going so far. My husband, Shawn is going with me and he is not as much of a Disney Fan as I am. Is this the case with anyone else? I know he will have a nice enough time, but will it be as awesome for him as it will be for me?

There is some great stuff that he might really enjoy, in particulary I found the tours through Jimmy Kimmel Live and Jim Henson Studios to be awesome!

robinm1215
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Mark

This is one of the places I really want to try. I'd be interested in a dinner on our free night if anyone else is. Other places that sound good are Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Also, they have World of Color Dinner packages that give you priority seating but I'm not sure if we will already get this as part of our tour (the priority seating -- I know we don't get the dinner package).

Speaking of food, does anyone know if we will have our last breakfast at Club 33 like they've done on previous tours or if it will be at Storyteller's Cafe (which I think is listed on the itinerary)?

I am still debating whether or not to fly in a day early and stay at the Renaissance. I keep going back and forth on it --I'm already spending so much what's another few hundred, right:lmao: But I really do have to decide soon as flight prices are slowly creeping up.

I noticed you are from NJ too -- there are a lot of us in this group! Where do you live? I'm in Robbinsville, near Princeton. Are you going to be flying out of Newark?

Your Disneyland trip is coming up so soon -- hope you have a great time!

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the recent additions to the trip!:thumbsup2 I haven't been on here much lately. It's been a crazy couple of weeks back at school! I got switched to a new building so it's been INSANE unpacking, getting used to a completely new system, new principal, new procedures, a bunch of new curriculum, and just trying to feel somewhat settled. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off! :scared1:I had reservations to go to Disney for this long holiday weekend - but ended up not going bc I just have to much to do for work :( I wish I was there!!:sad1:

Anyway, I did notice on my school calendar I have off that Monday if we don't use any snow days. Last year we used all 3, so I can't really depend on that. :confused3 I am looking to stay those 2 days after - but need to find someplace cheap to stay. I haven't had a chance to read back through everyone's recent posts. Anyone find someplace inexpensive? Flying in the day before would be great - I'd like to feel settled and have some time to adjust with the time change. Haven't booked my flight yet. The best price I've seen so far is $485 not including luggage fees.

I'm really looking forward to this trip! Especially since I can tell this is going to be a crazy school year - this trip gives me something to look forward to!

Did we ever agree on a time/place to meet on the 16th? The last I remember was the Swan. I believe in the morning? I'll go back and read all I've missed. I'm so procrastinating doing my first set of lesson plans that are due tomorrow morning LOL:rolleyes1

Hope things are settling down at your new school. Too bad you had to cancel your trip this past weekend. But December will be here soon enough :goodvibes

That would be great if you had the Monday after the trip off. I splurged and booked 2 nights at the Grand Californian but I think some have booked at the Candy Cane Inn -- I've read some reviews and it sounds nice and I think prices are pretty reasonable. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I want to come in a day early. Flight prices I'm seeing are around what you mentioned -- I'm going to fly out of Newark and Continental really seems to be the only choice. I haven't checked Philly at all since I'm really more comfortable with Newark. Where are you going to fly out of?

The Renaissance is connected to the Hollywood & Highland shopping and entertainment complex and that is where I spent most of my time before the trip last April (I got in two days ahead of time). There are a lot of shops and restaurants (CPK, Hard Rock Cafe, etc). I also saw a movie at the El Capitan, which is a phenomenal experience, I highly recommend it...depending on what movie is playing. The Disney Ice Cream/Soda Shop is also a lot of fun. The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel is about a block away from the Renaissance and has an awesome place for burgers called 25 Degrees.

I really liked coming in early, it helped me to adjust to the time difference.

Jason :goodvibes

Thanks for the information :thumbsup2 Are you doing one or two nights up front this time? Now I just need to decide if I want to add the extra day up front and then book my flight. Then I'll just have to wait until April. Good thing I have a couple other trips planned before then!

deann
09-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone! Looks like our group is growing. :thumbsup2 I've been busy the last few weeks and also haven't made it on the boards much. I spent labor day at Disneyland running the half marathon. :banana: I am going back to Disneyland in about 11 days for Destination D, a D23 event! :yay::cool1:

I know a lot of people are looking into stays post-ABD. I think I might have mentioned Priceline before as a cheap option. I am paying $185 for 3 nights (just a bit over $60 a night) for the Sheraton Anaheim South when I go on Sept. 23. I just stayed two nights at the Marriot Anaheim Suites for $155 (about $78 a night). The downside is that you might not be walking distance to the parks. However, all hotels offer free or paid transportation to the parks that is usually every 20 or 30 minutes. If anyone has questions about bidding, feel free to ask. I always use Priceline when I go to DL.

Hi everyone!

Hi Susan! That is too bad you had to cancel your trip. I totally understand though, last year I switched to a new school and new grade level and felt like it was my first year teaching again. This year is a lot better though.

This is one of the places I really want to try. I'd be interested in a dinner on our free night if anyone else is. Other places that sound good are Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Also, they have World of Color Dinner packages that give you priority seating but I'm not sure if we will already get this as part of our tour (the priority seating -- I know we don't get the dinner package).

I would be up for eating at Napa Rose, Blue Bayou or Ralph Brennans. I've never eaten at Napa Rose or Blue Bayou (as an adult)! I ate at Ralph Brennans about 5 months ago and it was good. I know Blue Bayou is not known for their food, but I still would like to eat there just once.

deann
09-13-2010, 12:46 AM

:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! I know your trip to DL is just a few days away. How long are you staying at DL? I will be down there again on the evening of Sept. 23 and staying until Sept. 26. How exciting your first trip to DL! :cool1: You will love it. If you have any questions about DL, feel free to ask.

bigmoonmullen
09-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi all,

We are up for anything the group wants to do, Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose or whatever.

Mark

thekylers
09-13-2010, 11:25 AM

Speaking of food, does anyone know if we will have our last breakfast at Club 33 like they've done on previous tours or if it will be at Storyteller's Cafe (which I think is listed on the itinerary)?

I am still debating whether or not to fly in a day early and stay at the Renaissance. I keep going back and forth on it --I'm already spending so much what's another few hundred, right:lmao: But I really do have to decide soon as flight prices are slowly creeping up.

I noticed you are from NJ too -- there are a lot of us in this group! Where do you live? I'm in Robbinsville, near Princeton. Are you going to be flying out of Newark?

Your Disneyland trip is coming up so soon -- hope you have a great time!

Hope things are settling down at your new school. Too bad you had to cancel your trip this past weekend. But December will be here soon enough :goodvibes

That would be great if you had the Monday after the trip off. I splurged and booked 2 nights at the Grand Californian but I think some have booked at the Candy Cane Inn -- I've read some reviews and it sounds nice and I think prices are pretty reasonable. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I want to come in a day early. Flight prices I'm seeing are around what you mentioned -- I'm going to fly out of Newark and Continental really seems to be the only choice. I haven't checked Philly at all since I'm really more comfortable with Newark. Where are you going to fly out of?

Thanks for the information :thumbsup2 Are you doing one or two nights up front this time? Now I just need to decide if I want to add the extra day up front and then book my flight. Then I'll just have to wait until April. Good thing I have a couple other trips planned before then!

Robin,

Shawn and I are from Franklinville, NJ, so we will be flying out of Philly. I know for sure that I am coming in a day early just not where I am staying yet.

Thanks, for the well wishes for my trip in 3 days, so excited:cool1:

thekylers
09-13-2010, 11:29 AM
:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! I know your trip to DL is just a few days away. How long are you staying at DL? I will be down there again on the evening of Sept. 23 and staying until Sept. 26. How exciting your first trip to DL! :cool1: You will love it. If you have any questions about DL, feel free to ask.

Thanks Deann, My mom and myself are leaving on the 16th and will come back on the 22nd. We have 4 full days in the park and have booked the Welcome to Disneyland Tour for our first full day and the Walk in Walt's Footstep Tour on our last day. I wanted to do the Segway tour but it is not available in the slower time. I also do not see Aladdin as having any show times, which I am very upset about, but I guess that gives me something to hope for in April. :woohoo:

JWren1234
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM

I'm doing one night this time before the trip, and planning to do one extra night at the end. Last time I didn't do an extra night at the end, looking back I wish I did.

DisneyKevin
09-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Folks,

I dont know how many of you know what has been going on during the last two weeks, but I have some information to share.

Approximately 2 weeks ago, someone on the ABD Board asked if the ticket included in the BSM Adventure was a three or a four day ticket. After some discussion , it was pointed out that the ABD website stated a 3 day ticket.

After several phone calls where I was told it was a 4 day ticket, someone finally checked and I was told that it would be a three day ticket.

I have made phone calls, complained to anyone that will listen and written a letter.

I am happy to say that I got a call from Disney / ABD letting me know that everyone traveling on a 2011 Backstage Magic Adventure will definitely receive a 4 day park hopper ticket as part of the package.

There is a small change and it might affect some of you.

ABD has changed their policy regarding transfers on the day of departure.

As of now, the final transfer from the Disneyland Resort to the airport on the last day of the Adventure, will be at 4:00pm.

ABD asks that your departing flight be no later than 7:00pm.

I realize that some of you have already booked airfare based on old information.

If this is the case and you have questions or concerns, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks,
Kevin

Yvet
09-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks Kevin for all the effort and hard work you put into this.

bigmoonmullen
09-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi Folks,

I dont know how many of you know what has been going on during the last two weeks, but I have some information to share.

Approximately 2 weeks ago, someone on the ABD Board asked if the ticket included in the BSM Adventure was a three or a four day ticket. After some discussion , it was pointed out that the ABD website stated a 3 day ticket.

After several phone calls where I was told it was a 4 day ticket, someone finally checked and I was told that it would be a three day ticket.

I have made phone calls, complained to anyone that will listen and written a letter.

I am happy to say that I got a call from Disney / ABD letting me know that everyone traveling on a 2011 Backstage Magic Adventure will definitely receive a 4 day park hopper ticket as part of the package.

There is a small change and it might affect some of you.

ABD has changed their policy regarding transfers on the day of departure.

As of now, the final transfer from the Disneyland Resort to the airport on the last day of the Adventure, will be at 4:00pm.

ABD asks that your departing flight be no later than 7:00pm.

I realize that some of you have already booked airfare based on old information.

If this is the case and you have questions or concerns, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks,
Kevin

robinm1215
10-05-2010, 11:18 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here!

Kevin, thanks for the info on the park tickets and airport transfers :goodvibes

Melissa, hope you had a great time at Disneyland -- can't wait to hear all about it.

For anyone interested, I read a great review of Napa Rose on the Disney Food Blog a couple of weeks ago. I definitely want to try this place in April, even if we don't end up doing a group dinner here.

I'm headed to the Food & Wine Festival tomorrow morning :woohoo: So I really need to go and get some rest! Hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up here when I get back:)

thekylers
10-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Robin,

Wow, thanks for remembering that is so thoughtful. I am planning to send a quick trip report, but I am still trying to get caught up at work and home, so I will try and get that done this weekend. I did have a great time though and can't wait for our trip in April. It is going be unbelievable.

have fun at Food and Wine. I love this time at the World.

bigmoonmullen
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM
It's been pretty quiet around here!

Kevin, thanks for the info on the park tickets and airport transfers :goodvibes

Melissa, hope you had a great time at Disneyland -- can't wait to hear all about it.

For anyone interested, I read a great review of Napa Rose on the Disney Food Blog a couple of weeks ago. I definitely want to try this place in April, even if we don't end up doing a group dinner here.

I'm headed to the Food & Wine Festival tomorrow morning :woohoo: So I really need to go and get some rest! Hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up here when I get back:)

Robin,

Have a Great Time at Food & Wine...:thumbsup2

Mark

bigmoonmullen
10-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Robin,

Wow, thanks for remembering that is so thoughtful. I am planning to send a quick trip report, but I am still trying to get caught up at work and home, so I will try and get that done this weekend. I did have a great time though and can't wait for our trip in April. It is going be unbelievable.

have fun at Food and Wine. I love this time at the World.

Hi Melissa,

I'm looking forward to your trip report too. Hope you had an awesome time.

Mark

jodeja
10-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Hello All :wave2:
I admit, that it's somewhat of a long shot that I will have the money for the 3 of us to go on this adventure, but I am following this thread because I REALLY REALLY want to go!
How close is this trip to filling up?
Do you know if this trip will include a meal at Club 33? (which may warrant taking out a second on the house to go :rotfl: - kidding, I'm kidding!)

thekylers
10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Here is the trip report for my first day of my first Disneyland Trip. I went with my mother for 4 days in the parks. We stayed at Paradise Pier for 5 nights. It was a really nice hotel, it is the cheapest of the 3 Disney owned hotels, but I thought it was nicer than both the Value and Moderate Hotels in Disney World. Our first day in the parks was Friday the 17th. We arrived early to get our tickets for the 10AM Welcome to Disneyland Tour. We then waited for the parks to open. When you first walk under the train station you think wow, it looks like the Magic Kingdom, but as you progress you see all the differences. Of course the biggest difference is the castle. I was warned by everyone that I talked to that I was going to be disappointed, because it was nowhere the size of Cindy's Castle. However that was not the case. Even though it is smaller, it has character and it is the Castle from Walt's vision. We walked around took some pictures and then decided to ride a couple of rides in Fantasyland before going on our tour. When we checked in at the tour desk, we were told that they would set up priority seating for one of the parades and a restuarant reservation if wanted. You could set this up for anyday of your stay, so we chose the Blue Bayou and the Pixar Play Parade both for the Sunday of our stay. The Welcome to Disneyland Tour lasts approximately 3 hours and teaches you a little bit about both the Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park. It was an extremely fast paced walking tour, so if you can not walk fast for 3 hours this tour is probably not for you. We were exhausted afterwards. Our guide told us a lot of interesting information, took us on a couple of rides, stopped at some of the rides with fastpass machines and let us get them since our tour would be over around 1PM. Once the tour was over we went back to the tour desk and received a packet that contained our dining reservation, tickets for the parade seating and 2 extra fastpasses for each person (Soarin and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters). We had lunch reservations at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. This is a family style all you can eat restuarant. They had chicken, ribs, coleslaw, baked beans and cornbread. We then rode rides until the end of the night. The 17th was the first day for Halloween Time and we got to see the Haunted Mansion with the Halloween overlay. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but I did really enjoy it. Our last ride of the evening was Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. I was not feeling well and couldn't really focus on the ride, but all of the effects inside seemed pretty cool. We then decided to call it a night and walked back to our hotel through Downtown Disney.

I will add the next day as soon as I can. I can't wait for our ABD trip, I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I need to be able to talk to someone about my love of Disney. I have pretty much bored everyone around me with my stories and updates.

stenogoddess
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone! I was on the April BSM trip, and I've just finished my scrapbook and thought I would share it with you all. There are pages of things we did on our own time and our own dime. So if you're wondering if the trip goes to Sunnydale and by the Charmed house, it doesn't! :rotfl: Ours also did not go to Giffith Park to see Walt's Merry Go Round, so you would have to do that on your own too.

There are SPOILERS in here folks, so don't click the link if you don't want to see them.

I hope you all have as much fun and magic as we did!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=8048587a3cab49f26cbbd47cbb382743&sid=8AZs2rZq0aOHkw

bigmoonmullen
10-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi all,

Are we still planning on a Post-Cruise meet at the Swan as soon as we return from the ship? Do you think we would all be back by 10:00 to 10:30AM? Lobby?

Mark

Yvet
10-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

Are we still planning on a Post-Cruise meet at the Swam as soon as we return from the ship? Do you think we would all be back by 10:00 to 10:30AM? Lobby?

Mark

Sounds like a good plan to me :thumbsup2

bigmoonmullen
10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me :thumbsup2

Hi Yvet,

It's now been put on my official schedule :thumbsup2

The countdown is getting serious now.

Mark

SusanWasHere
10-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll be there! :thumbsup2 I'll be staying at OKW so I'll make my way over there! It's the 16th right?? I am so excited for the ABD trip - especially after reading Teresa's recent trip report to DL! :wizard:

bigmoonmullen
10-15-2010, 04:25 AM
I'll be there! :thumbsup2 I'll be staying at OKW so I'll make my way over there! It's the 16th right?? I am so excited for the ABD trip - especially after reading Teresa's recent trip report to DL! :wizard:

Hi Susan,

The 16th is correct... See you then unless we meet up on the cruise or at any Pre-Events.

Mark

Yvet
10-15-2010, 06:23 AM
We changed our schedule for this trip.
Original we would leave Disneyland on April 23th but then we discovered that some good friends are coming in on the 23th and because our flight schedule we would miss each other within minutes.

So we decided to not leave the 23th but the 24th so we can spend some time with them!!!!!!

Whooooohoooo:cool1:

SusanWasHere
10-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Susan,

The 16th is correct... See you then unless we meet up on the cruise or at any Pre-Events.

Mark

I'm not doing the cruise :( I can only get 3 days off of work (I'm a teacher) so the cruise didn't work out for me! We're arriving late the 14th and staying until the 19th :) I can't wait!!!

bigmoonmullen
10-17-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm not doing the cruise :( I can only get 3 days off of work (I'm a teacher) so the cruise didn't work out for me! We're arriving late the 14th and staying until the 19th :) I can't wait!!!

See you then!!! :thumbsup2

thekylers
10-20-2010, 12:05 PM
While I was in Disneyland a month ago, I had a chance to see World of Color and it was just as amazing as every says it is. I was just thinking how great it would be if ABD set up a special section for their tours to watch it from. I imagine that we will probably be able to get fastpasses through them, but you still need to wait in line for a very long time to get a good standing spot. So how awesome would it be if they had a special place for their tour group only with some seats!! Just some of the crazy things I daydream about while I am at work. :wizard:

SusanWasHere
10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
So I heard on the podcast that there is 17-18 people for this trip and that there is a *chance* ABC could open it up to anyone. Is there a minimum number of DISers that would go that would then prevent ABD from doing this? Maybe if we were up to 20 they would let it be? I'm really hoping it stays a DIS trip :confused: Obviously anyone else going would be a Disney fan, but I just worry it may change the dynamics of the group. There's still a lot of time, so maybe more DISers will sign up :thumbsup2

oilheadbob
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted to say "HI!". My wife Nancy and I (Bob) will be joing you all on this ABD adventure. I don't post often, but read alot on the boards. Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!!

Bob and Nancy
Gainesville, Va.

Yvet
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted to say "HI!". My wife Nancy and I (Bob) will be joing you all on this ABD adventure. I don't post often, but read alot on the boards. Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!!

Bob and Nancy
Gainesville, Va.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Please feel free to post in this thread so we can all get to know each other a bit better before the trip starts.

Do you know that we have a meet arranged for December 16th 11am in the lobby of the Swan??

bigmoonmullen
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Bob and Nancy
Gainesville, Va.

Great... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Welcome aboard.:dance3:

Louise & Mark

thekylers
11-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Hello Everyone!!

Bob and Nancy
Gainesville, Va.

Welcome, we are going to have a great time!!:cheer2::yay::woohoo:

oilheadbob
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Please feel free to post in this thread so we can all get to know each other a bit better before the trip starts.

Do you know that we have a meet arranged for December 16th 11am in the lobby of the Swan??

Didn't know that, we will be at Disney from Dec 5 thru the 9. Looks like I will miss you all:sad2:

oilheadbob
11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi All,

Just thought I would share a little background. My wife took me to Disney back in 1986 and I have been hooked ever since. We have been there at Christmas every year since 2006. We are DVC owners at AKL Kidani Village. We have stayed at CBR, CS, CR, SSR, Pop, POR. I am the Disney nut in my house. We are DINKS. We do have a great dog, Skipper. Been working on my lovely wife about this trip till she finally relented and agreed. I don't post much, but read as much as possible. We will probably arrive on Sunday the 17th and depart on the 22nd just to avoid having to have our dog stay with our neighbors any longer than he has to.

Other than Disney, I am an avid motorcyclist. My current ride is a 2009 BMW K1300GT. I have been in every state in the union except for Alaska and Hawaii. Those two we will do when we retire. My wife enjoys sewing, singing in the choir and gardening.

From the Podcast about the first ABD trip really looking forward to this. We have never been to Disneyland, so that will be a first for us.

That's about all for now. For all of you that are going on POD Cast Cruise2.0 I wish calm seas and beautiful days for you!!

Bob:surfweb:

newmouse2008
11-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would share a little background. My wife took me to Disney back in 1986 and I have been hooked ever since. We have been there at Christmas every year since 2006. We are DVC owners at AKL Kidani Village. We have stayed at CBR, CS, CR, SSR, Pop, POR. I am the Disney nut in my house. We are DINKS. We do have a great dog, Skipper. Been working on my lovely wife about this trip till she finally relented and agreed. I don't post much, but read as much as possible. We will probably arrive on Sunday the 17th and depart on the 22nd just to avoid having to have our dog stay with our neighbors any longer than he has to.

Other than Disney, I am an avid motorcyclist. My current ride is a 2009 BMW K1300GT. I have been in every state in the union except for Alaska and Hawaii. Those two we will do when we retire. My wife enjoys sewing, singing in the choir and gardening.

From the Podcast about the first ABD trip really looking forward to this. We have never been to Disneyland, so that will be a first for us.

That's about all for now. For all of you that are going on POD Cast Cruise2.0 I wish calm seas and beautiful days for you!!

Hey Bob,

I am looking forward to meeting you both on our trip!!! You left one bit of info out that I really need to know...... How did you come up with your board name.... oilheadbob? just wondering.....

bigmoonmullen
11-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey Bob,

I am looking forward to meeting you both on our trip!!! You left one bit of info out that I really need to know...... How did you come up with your board name.... oilheadbob? just wondering.....

Hey there Teresa,

And you don't want to know about mine? :confused3
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

newmouse2008
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey there Teresa,

Do tell..........

bigmoonmullen
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey there Teresa,

Do tell..........

Where to begin:)

For as long as I can remember my father was always called Moon by his close friends.

He had gotten that name as a spin off from the old Moon Mullins cartoon script. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Mullins

So as a kid my friends started calling me Big Moon and my younger brother Little Moon.

Now over the years I've gotten some funny looks and comments, especially at WDW, when the name on my shirt says BigMoon. I always get a kick out of it.

I'll have some of those shirts with me on the upcoming WDW/POD2.0/WDW trip and I'll probably have to design a new one for the ABD trip.

Mark

newmouse2008
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Where to begin:)

For as long as I can remember my father was always called Moon by his close friends.

He had gotten that name as a spin off from the old Moon Mullins cartoon script. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Mullins

So as a kid my friends started calling me Big Moon and my younger brother Little Moon.

Now over the years I've gotten some funny looks and comments, especially at WDW, when the name on my shirt says BigMoon. I always get a kick out of it.

I'll have some of those shirts with me on the upcoming WDW/POD2.0/WDW trip and I'll probably have to design a new one for the ABD trip.

Mark

I thought it had something to do with Moon Mullins the cartoon.....

see you on the ship "big moon"

T.

thekylers
11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Now I'm jealous as Theresa never said that she was looking forward to meeting me!!

SusanWasHere
11-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the new peeps! It's going to be a great trip!! Can't wait to meet everyone on the 16th!!! Is anyone else staying at the Wilderness Lodge that would like to head over to the Swan together? Can't believe my trip is only 21 days away! Can't wait to step ino the beautiful Lodge!!:santa:

Is everyone getting excited for the cruise? I hope you all have a great time. :goodvibes I've never cruised before, someday though. And it will be a Disney cruise!!:thumbsup2

Doesn't anyone care how I got my name? lol :lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl:

newmouse2008
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Now I'm jealous as Theresa never said that she was looking forward to meeting me!!

I can't wait!!!!

And Susanwashere? I kind of figured that one out..... You were here and your name is Susan.......

My first board name was "tessdoesDisney" Pete made me change it..... it sounded too porn like......:scared1:

SusanWasHere
11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
And Susanwashere? I kind of figured that one out..... You were here and your name is Susan.......

My first board name was "tessdoesDisney" Pete made me change it..... it sounded too porn like......:scared1:

LOL you got it right ;) Funny though bc when I spell it out for people on the phone they think my name is Susan Washere and ask me if I'm French :confused3

And I can absolutely picture Pete saying that name was too porn like.... esp considering they all think you could work a 1-900 line in your "porn voice" lol :lmao:

deann
11-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Bob and Nancy
Gainesville, Va.

:cool1::banana::woohoo:

Welcome!

Looking forward to the meet and also meeting some of you on the cruise. Is 11am our "official" meeting time? I think that is probably better than 10:00am. I'll be with my family and will need to drop off luggage and hopefully check us in before heading over. I can't believe it is only a few weeks away now! I need to start making my packing list!:eek:

So I heard on the podcast that there is 17-18 people for this trip and that there is a *chance* ABC could open it up to anyone. Is there a minimum number of DISers that would go that would then prevent ABD from doing this? Maybe if we were up to 20 they would let it be? I'm really hoping it stays a DIS trip :confused: Obviously anyone else going would be a Disney fan, but I just worry it may change the dynamics of the group. There's still a lot of time, so maybe more DISers will sign up :thumbsup2

I guess we are up to 19-20 now. I am thinking we will have enough DISers by the time April comes.

BTW, I am going to Disneyland tomorrow! I am so excited! I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations. :banana: :yay:

bigmoonmullen
11-24-2010, 03:49 AM
:cool1::banana::woohoo:

Welcome!

Looking forward to the meet and also meeting some of you on the cruise. Is 11am our "official" meeting time? I think that is probably better than 10:00am. I'll be with my family and will need to drop off luggage and hopefully check us in before heading over. I can't believe it is only a few weeks away now! I need to start making my packing list!:eek:

I guess we are up to 19-20 now. I am thinking we will have enough DISers by the time April comes.

BTW, I am going to Disneyland tomorrow! I am so excited! I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations. :banana: :yay:

Have a great day at Disneyland:thumbsup2

Can't wait to meet everyone who can make it on the 16th... if not before on the cruise or pre-events.

See yoiu soon. I'm planning on being in the lobby no later than 11:00AM... sooner if I can get checked in quicker... Besides it won't seem quite as bad having a drink at 11:00AM than it woul be at 10:00AM :rotfl2: I guess at 10:00 I would have to hide a shot of Baileys in my coffee:lmao:

Mark

thekylers
11-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Have a great time in Disneyland, post some pictures of the Christmas decorations.

bigmoonmullen
11-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Have a great time in Disneyland, post some pictures of the Christmas decorations.

I agree... we want pictures:thumbsup2

oilheadbob
11-24-2010, 09:37 AM
For you Teresa, the story. As I said in my intro, I am an avid motorcyclist. I got back into motorcycling in 1991. I had taken a break from riding because I did not have the required restraint to keep myself and others safe. My parents didn't like motorcycles and would not let me ride when I was in high school and college and still living at home.

I bought a new Harley Davidson Sportster in 1991. My wife and I rode that bike from Northern Va to just west of Pittsburgh, Pa. to visit my mother, who was in the hospital with termnal lung cancer. When I told her that we rode up to see her on the bike, I was expecting a stern lecture about the danger of riding a motorcycle. Instead, my mother could see how much I enjoyed riding and instead of a lecture, gave me some sage advice. She said, "Living is just about breathing. If you really enjoy riding as much as I think you do, I am good with it."

Since then, I have owned many different brands, but I always come back to BMW. In 1994, I was heavily involved in a motorcycle forum called the IBMWR. Internet BMW Riders. Since my ride at that time was a 1994 BMW R1100RS, which is refered to as an "Oilhead" because they use the engine oil to cool the motor, I adopted the forum name of "Oilheadbob" . I thought about a Disney related name, but I use this one on many forums so when I registered here, that is what I used.

A long story to get to a simple explanation, I know. Since then I have owned 16 different BMW motorcycles. Disney World and exploring the marvelous country of ours are my two passions.

bigmoonmullen
11-24-2010, 09:52 AM
For you Teresa, the story. As I said in my intro, I am an avid motorcyclist. I got back into motorcycling in 1991. I had taken a break from riding because I did not have the required restraint to keep myself and others safe. My parents didn't like motorcycles and would not let me ride when I was in high school and college and still living at home.

I bought a new Harley Davidson Sportster in 1991. My wife and I rode that bike from Northern Va to just west of Pittsburgh, Pa. to visit my mother, who was in the hospital with termnal lung cancer. When I told her that we rode up to see her on the bike, I was expecting a stern lecture about the danger of riding a motorcycle. Instead, my mother could see how much I enjoyed riding and instead of a lecture, gave me some sage advice. She said, "Living is just about breathing. If you really enjoy riding as much as I think you do, I am good with it."

Since then, I have owned many different brands, but I always come back to BMW. In 1994, I was heavily involved in a motorcycle forum called the IBMWR. Internet BMW Riders. Since my ride at that time was a 1994 BMW R1100RS, which is refered to as an "Oilhead" because they use the engine oil to cool the motor, I adopted the forum name of "Oilheadbob" . I thought about a Disney related name, but I use this one on many forums so when I registered here, that is what I used.

A long story to get to a simple explanation, I know. Since then I have owned 16 different BMW motorcycles. Disney World and exploring the marvelous country of ours are my two passions.

Bob,

Mark

JWren1234
11-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And to the new travelers who have signed up in the last couple of weeks, welcome aboard!!

oilheadbob
11-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I know I am a little late with this, but you should have seen the size of that bird I had to deal with yesterday!! :rotfl2:

Looks like I may be able to get a short ride in today as the wife and inlaws hit the stores.

Bob

deann
11-26-2010, 02:44 PM

I agree... we want pictures:thumbsup2

As requested here are some photos. This is the first time I've posted pics, so I hope I do it right. Unfortunately, some of the photos (the castle at night :sad1:) didn't turn out so great.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0225.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0221.jpg

Small World at night.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0139.jpg
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0135.jpg

A few interior shots of Small World.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0218.jpg

I wish it wasn't so blurry. :sad1:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0142.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0217.jpg

Main St. and the Christmas tree

deann
11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Here are a few more of the parade...

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0172.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0159.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0154.jpg

bigmoonmullen
11-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Here are a few more of the parade...

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0172.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0159.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/gypsywoowoo/IMG_0154.jpg

Thank you for the pictures... Awesome... really enjoyed seeing them.

Mark

oilheadbob
11-27-2010, 05:27 AM
Great Pics!! Can't wait to be there in person.

Bob :surfweb:

thekylers
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Deann,

Thanks for the pictures. They are great!

Yvet
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Is 11am our "official" meeting time? I think that is probably better than 10:00am. I'll be with my family and will need to drop off luggage and hopefully check us in before heading over. I can't believe it is only a few weeks away now! I need to start making my packing list!:eek:

See yoiu soon. I'm planning on being in the lobby no later than 11:00AM... sooner if I can get checked in quicker... Besides it won't seem quite as bad having a drink at 11:00AM than it woul be at 10:00AM :rotfl2: I guess at 10:00 I would have to hide a shot of Baileys in my coffee:lmao:Mark

I thought we said the meeting time was 11am but i could be wrong.
I think that we should meet between 10 and 11 it all depends on when we get back from the boat probably that's around 10 - 10.30 so i think if we pick 10.30am as starting time for the meet we are all good.
If you are there at 10 or if you are there at 11 it doesn't matter we just meet each other and nobody has to rush we are all on vacation!!

What are y'all thoughts on this??

bigmoonmullen
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I thought we said the meeting time was 11am but i could be wrong.
I think that we should meet between 10 and 11 it all depends on when we get back from the boat probably that's around 10 - 10.30 so i think if we pick 10.30am as starting time for the meet we are all good.
If you are there at 10 or if you are there at 11 it doesn't matter we just meet each other and nobody has to rush we are all on vacation!!

What are y'all thoughts on this??

Hi,

As soon as we get to the Swan I would quickly like to try and checkin... maybe we will get lucky and get a room. Then I can dump my stuff off quickly. If it's not available then I will just have it with me.

Then I'm headed to the meet... my intentions are to get there as early as possible... between 10AM & 11AM... the sooner the better. Just not sure when we will get back from the boat. Yvet... what time was it last year?

See you soon...

Mark

p.s. We will be heading to one of the parks after the meet is done.

Yvet
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Last PCC it was between 9 and 10 i believe.

I don't know for sure because there are 2 shifts off the ship.
Early dining has the last day early breakfast en late dining the late breakfast.
That means it depends on what dinner schedule you are, what time you leave the ship.
For us it was around 08.30 i believe and we took the Dreams Unlimited Travel Bus back to the Dolphin and the ride is around a hour.
So i think that around 10am must be do-able.......

rchristiansen
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello...

Can we join you? I'm very close to booking this trip for our family. I've been looking for the best time to book this Adventure, and found these dates. I'm not a podcast listener, but we are disney nuts. - will I feel left out? It's me, my DH and DD(8).

bigmoonmullen
12-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Hello...

Can we join you? I'm very close to booking this trip for our family. I've been looking for the best time to book this Adventure, and found these dates. I'm not a podcast listener, but we are disney nuts. - will I feel left out? It's me, my DH and DD(8).

Hi,

We will convert you:lmao: Hope to see your family in April:thumbsup2

Louise & Mark

Yvet
12-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Hello...

Just post here a lot, become involved with this pre-planning thread and i highly recommend start listening to the podcast then you won't feel left out.
If you don't participate in this thread and know about the podcast then i believe that this isn't going to be the trip you should book.

Everybody is more then welcome to join us, nobody will be left out but if somebody is not participating then i believe that there will be less of a connection.
This trip is for Dissers, for podcast listeners. We will be a group and know each other before we leave because of little meets but also because of this thread.
Normally these trips are booked individualy and then every person on that trip get to know each other the first night, for this trip that will be different.

So come on join the fun!!!!

rchristiansen
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Yay! :cool1: I'm convertible! :)

Here's a little disney info about me: :surfweb:

We're big WDW trippers and minor DVC owners (we only have 50 points). I think we have been at least 10 times in the last 10 years - including my 8 year old daughter. But the trips are more for myself! We went to DLR this January and had a blast! We also visited Hollywood and did the Warner Bros Studio tour - which was great - I know we'll love this trip. I myself have a passion for vintage WDW/DLR stuff as well as knowing all the history - so when I saw that there was a chance to meet Marty Sklar on this trip I was super excited.

So on the trip it just Me - I'm a human factors engineering grad student, my hubby - he runs our fantasy football website business from home and my 8 year old daughter - she's our little smarty pants in all ways :)

What else should I know?

bigmoonmullen
12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Yay! :cool1: I'm convertible! :)

Here's a little disney info about me: :surfweb:

We're big WDW trippers and minor DVC owners (we only have 50 points). I think we have been at least 10 times in the last 10 years - including my 8 year old daughter. But the trips are more for myself! We went to DLR this January and had a blast! We also visited Hollywood and did the Warner Bros Studio tour - which was great - I know we'll love this trip. I myself have a passion for vintage WDW/DLR stuff as well as knowing all the history - so when I saw that there was a chance to meet Marty Sklar on this trip I was super excited.

So on the trip it just Me - I'm a human factors engineering grad student, my hubby - he runs our fantasy football website business from home and my 8 year old daughter - she's our little smarty pants in all ways :)

What else should I know?

All you need to do is be ready to have lots of fun.

If you want to catch up on some of the Podcasts here is a link to the archives.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm

Mark

SusanWasHere
12-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Hello...

Hello! And welcome! If I were you, I would check out some of the podcasts about the previous trips and maybe some of the threads. I remember hearing people that wrote in asking if their child would like the trip. One of the podcasters was saying that the tour might be a lot for some kids bc there is so much standing and not always doing "Disney". I can't rem the ages they said would be good. That might be something you want to see about first. Other than that - I don't think you'll feel left out just bc you don't listen to the podcast. Like you - we are Disney nuts too!!:thumbsup2

And DeAnn - LOVE your pics! I really can't wait for the trip!!! Hope all of you cruisers are having fun packing up and getting ready! Looking forward to seeing you all on the 16th!!!:banana: 11 days until the Wilderness Lodge for me! :wizard:

thekylers
12-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Hello...

If you book, we will all have a great time. My husband and myself are new comers as well. I listen to the podcast, but don't post very often. Everyone has been extremely welcoming, but I will be glad if there is someone else there that hasn't already met everyone.

rchristiansen
12-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks everyone -

We're all looking forward to it. I too at first had concerns about taking our daughter on this big trip, but we talked about it and I showed her pictures on the website. Also after doing the Wax Museum and Warner Bros tour last year and having her ask to do it again and "When are we going to Hollywood again?" -- I'm pretty sure she'll like this trip --

Then, last night I printed out the itinerary and gave it to my daughter to read. She had fun with it circling things and providing commentary:

Here's some of her comments:

"I would love that!" (But Love was a heart along with stars) -- when commenting on a stylish hotel in Hollywood

"Who's him" --- Circling El Capitan theater --- I wasn't able to answer that! :confused3

She drew a big excited face around the Imagineering description: :cool1:

And wrote "Cool" that there is a local expert along with us.

But here are some questions that maybe you can all help answer that she had:

1 - Is Goofy's Kitchen like Chef Mickeys?
2 - What is Cafe Orleans Like?
3 - Is Fraggle Rock stuff at the Jim Henson studios?

DisneyKevin
12-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone -

We're all looking forward to it. I too at first had concerns about taking our daughter on this big trip, but we talked about it and I showed her pictures on the website. Also after doing the Wax Museum and Warner Bros tour last year and having her ask to do it again and "When are we going to Hollywood again?" -- I'm pretty sure she'll like this trip --

Then, last night I printed out the itinerary and gave it to my daughter to read. She had fun with it circling things and providing commentary:

Here's some of her comments:

"I would love that!" (But Love was a heart along with stars) -- when commenting on a stylish hotel in Hollywood

"Who's him" --- Circling El Capitan theater --- I wasn't able to answer that! :confused3

She drew a big excited face around the Imagineering description: :cool1:

And wrote "Cool" that there is a local expert along with us.

But here are some questions that maybe you can all help answer that she had:

1 - Is Goofy's Kitchen like Chef Mickeys?
2 - What is Cafe Orleans Like?
3 - Is Fraggle Rock stuff at the Jim Henson studios?

Let's see if I can help..

The El Capitan Theater is the Disney owned and operated theater across from the Hollywood Renaissance hotel. It's where Disney holds there premieres. The Backstage Magic Adventure actually tours the theater and it's awesome.

Goofy's Kitchen is like Chef Mickey's with a Disneyland flair. There are other characters there besides Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc.

Cafe Orleans was being renovated when we were there in April and oir Adventure dined elsewhere. I'm sure someone else has some details.

I believe we did see a Fraggle when we visited the Henson Studios, but you never know who (or what) you are going to see as things change and exhibits are rotated.

Hope that helps

JWren1234
12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Hello...

I hope you choose to join us, you definitely won't regret it! This is an excellent trip, I went last year and it was the best trip I have ever taken. I was a first-timer last year, and made many new friends on the trip!

DisneyKevin
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Please welcome Becky, Jeff and their daughter to the Adventure.

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!!

bigmoonmullen
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
QUOTE=DisneyKevin;39139757]Please welcome Becky, Jeff and their daughter to the Adventure.

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!![/QUOTE]

:welcome:

Glad you decided to join us!!!:banana::cool1::thumbsup2:cheer2:

Louise & Mark

JWren1234
12-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!!

Welcome!!!

Yvet
12-06-2010, 05:27 AM

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Whoohoo welcome!!!!

deann
12-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!!

Welcome! :cool1::banana::yay:

I leave tomorrow! :banana::banana::banana: I will see some of you on PCC2.0. Then I get to meet Susan, my roomate for the ABD trip, and other ABDers on Dec. 16th! :cool1::cool1: See you soon!

rchristiansen
12-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Yay! I'm catching up on the podcast episodes -- I have an hour commute back and forth from school. Today, though my DH and I sat down during lunch and listened to half of this weeks -- Hopefully we will be caught up by April and feel like old-timers! ;)

robinm1215
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Just wanted to say welcome to all of the people who have signed up for the trip recently! It's going to be a lot of fun:thumbsup2

I'm headed to Disney on Saturday morning:cool1: Hope all of you going on the cruise have a great time -- and warmer weather than is expected in Disney the beginning of next week. I'm seriously re-thinking my packing. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you at the Swan on Thursday morning!

JWren1234
12-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't know if this helps anyone, I just noticed that prices on Continental have really dropped going from Newark to LAX for the dates of our trip. I just got $318 R/T...for months this itinerary was anywhere between $450-$500.

It's hard to believe the trip is only about 4 months away!

rchristiansen
12-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know if this helps anyone, I just noticed that prices on Continental have really dropped going from Newark to LAX for the dates of our trip. I just got $318 R/T...for months this itinerary was anywhere between $450-$500.

Sounds great! We got flights on two separate airlines: Airtran (direct from Milwaukee to LAX and it gets us in around noon the day before - so that is awesome! And then our flight out from SNA on Southwest leaving mid-afternoon so we can spend a few extra hours in the parks the last day

-- We ended up paying about $400 total for each of us (includes paying southwest's early bird check in and airtran's seat assignment) -- not horrible especially considering the decent flight times.

oilheadbob
12-13-2010, 06:59 AM

Welcome Aboard Folks!!!!

Welcome!! Looking forward to meeting you in April!! :dance3:

JWren1234
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds great! We got flights on two separate airlines: Airtran (direct from Milwaukee to LAX and it gets us in around noon the day before - so that is awesome! And then our flight out from SNA on Southwest leaving mid-afternoon so we can spend a few extra hours in the parks the last day

-- We ended up paying about $400 total for each of us (includes paying southwest's early bird check in and airtran's seat assignment) -- not horrible especially considering the decent flight times.

Very nice deal! I think you'll enjoy flying out of SNA, it's a very friendly airport...I found everyone from the check-in people to TSA to be very nice.

Jason

thekylers
12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Very nice deal! I think you'll enjoy flying out of SNA, it's a very friendly airport...I found everyone from the check-in people to TSA to be very nice.

Jason

If you fly out of SNA are you flying into Newark or Philly and can you get a direct flight? We will fly in to Philly and only could get connecting. My husband is not excited to fly and can only do non-stop or I might not get him back on the plane and if it is not a good flight out it may be a long car ride all the way to NJ.

JWren1234
12-14-2010, 08:05 PM
If you fly out of SNA are you flying into Newark or Philly and can you get a direct flight? We will fly in to Philly and only could get connecting. My husband is not excited to fly and can only do non-stop or I might not get him back on the plane and if it is not a good flight out it may be a long car ride all the way to NJ.

When I flew out of SNA I got a direct flight to Newark. I believe Continental has three direct flights each day to Newark from SNA...last I checked one is early morning, one around midday and the last in late afternoon.

SusanWasHere
12-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm still recovering from last week's trip to the world! I so totally miss it, I'm already dying to go back! Had a great time even though it was a bit cold. I have to say my 2 favorite things were the Osborne lights and the castle lighting. :thumbsup2

It was so nice to meet many of you over the course of my trip. DeAnn, Robin, Yvet, Emil, Louise, and Mark - it was great to see all of you at the Swan (and elsewhere)! I think this trip is going to be wonderful and we all seem to have so much in common! :goodvibes

How was DATW? I had hoped to make it there, but after my lunch ADR in Epcot on Friday, we popped over to MK to see the castle lighting bc of the rain predicted for Saturday. I didn't want to take the chance of missing it. Since that was a MVMCP night, the park was emptying out after and the lines for the monorial were insane! :scared1: I was also exhausted, so I headed back to VWL to take more pics and ended up being inside my villa on the couch before 8:00! Hope you all had a great time.

Is anyone planning any trips to WDW before the ABD trip? I really am considering going for a long weekend. I have a lot of SWA credits to use up, a lot of Continental credit, and yesterday I got a round trip reward flight from SWA. So I am ready LOL! :wizard:

Ok, just wanted to stop in and say hello and say how nice it was to meet you! Can't wait til April!!:banana:

rchristiansen
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Is anyone planning any trips to WDW before the ABD trip? ...... Can't wait til April!!:banana:

No -- We were just there 6 weeks ago over Halloween. And we were there in July also. I'm super excited about the April trip. I'm afraid that once I get there you might not get me to go home! We just watched Waking Sleeping Beauty as a family and now I'm even MORE excited!:banana::yay::banana:

robinm1215
12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm still recovering from last week's trip to the world! I so totally miss it, I'm already dying to go back! Had a great time even though it was a bit cold. I have to say my 2 favorite things were the Osborne lights and the castle lighting. :thumbsup2

It was so nice to meet many of you over the course of my trip. DeAnn, Robin, Yvet, Emil, Louise, and Mark - it was great to see all of you at the Swan (and elsewhere)! I think this trip is going to be wonderful and we all seem to have so much in common! :goodvibes

How was DATW? I had hoped to make it there, but after my lunch ADR in Epcot on Friday, we popped over to MK to see the castle lighting bc of the rain predicted for Saturday. I didn't want to take the chance of missing it. Since that was a MVMCP night, the park was emptying out after and the lines for the monorial were insane! :scared1: I was also exhausted, so I headed back to VWL to take more pics and ended up being inside my villa on the couch before 8:00! Hope you all had a great time.

Is anyone planning any trips to WDW before the ABD trip? I really am considering going for a long weekend. I have a lot of SWA credits to use up, a lot of Continental credit, and yesterday I got a round trip reward flight from SWA. So I am ready LOL! :wizard:

Ok, just wanted to stop in and say hello and say how nice it was to meet you! Can't wait til April!!:banana:

I'm still recovering too! I had a wonderful time despite the cold weather. It was my first time spending my birthday there and seeing all the holiday stuff and it was a lot of fun. I especially liked the Osborne lights too :goodvibes

It was great to meet you and of course everyone else who I met at the Swan as well. Hope whoever is still there is enjoying the rest of their vacation :thumbsup2

I really want to go back to WDW but not sure it will be before the April trip. I am considering a long weekend as well, just trying to see where I can fit it in. I also have credit on Continental and Jet Blue so it makes the trip seem almost free :rotfl2: Of course before this trip I was thinking I'd just go next October for Food and Wine, but now I am thinking I also need to go again next Dec and that I can't wait until October to go back to WDW so hence the long weekend I am trying to fit in. Yes, I know I'm slightly obsessed!

I had been monitoring that flight for months as well and the price never fluctuated much. So both Susan and I went ahead and booked when it was at the higher end of the price range since we were afraid it would keep going up. Fortunately I had checked the price after that and we were both able to get credits for the difference. I can't believe how much the price dropped though!

What dates are you flying? Susan and I are coming in a day early and staying a couple of extra days at the back end. Maybe we are on the same flight?

bigmoonmullen
12-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Hello everyone!

I agree... it was very nice meeting everyone who could attend the Swabn meet. :thumbsup2 Can't wait till April. No trips plan till then.... See everyone soon.

Mark

rchristiansen
12-22-2010, 05:35 PM
So, I'm holding myself back from searching for photos/reviews online because I want to be surprised. I haven't even watched a World of Color video yet, because I want to be surprised. However, I'm finding it harder and harder to stay uninformed. :wizard: Anyone else in the same boat? I need a "do not open until April" support group :woohoo: Anyone want to join me?

JWren1234
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I had been monitoring that flight for months as well and the price never fluctuated much. So both Susan and I went ahead and booked when it was at the higher end of the price range since we were afraid it would keep going up. Fortunately I had checked the price after that and we were both able to get credits for the difference. I can't believe how much the price dropped though!

What dates are you flying? Susan and I are coming in a day early and staying a couple of extra days at the back end. Maybe we are on the same flight?

Hi Robin! I'm coming in a day early...I'm flying in on Saturday on the 835AM to LAX.

Jason:)

thekylers
12-23-2010, 07:32 AM
So, I'm holding myself back from searching for photos/reviews online because I want to be surprised. I haven't even watched a World of Color video yet, because I want to be surprised. However, I'm finding it harder and harder to stay uninformed. :wizard: Anyone else in the same boat? I need a "do not open until April" support group :woohoo: Anyone want to join me?

Robin,

I have only visited Disneyland once this past September, but my husband Shawn has never been. It will be his first time, but he is going more for me as I am the DF in this situation. I hope that he will enjoy it as much as everyone. Shawn is in the same boat as you, but you sound way more excited than he does.:worried:

SusanWasHere
12-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Robin! I'm coming in a day early...I'm flying in on Saturday on the 835AM to LAX.

Jason:)

We're doing the 8:30 am flight, arriving at LAX at 11:45, so we should be there around the same time!

Happy holidays to everyone! Hope you all enjoy the next few days! :santa:

bigmoonmullen
12-24-2010, 11:52 AM
We're doing the 8:30 am flight, arriving at LAX at 11:45, so we should be there around the same time!

Happy holidays to everyone! Hope you all enjoy the next few days! :santa:

Cool.

We are also coming in on Saturday and our flight is currently scheduled to land at 10:50AM at LAX.

Mark

SusanWasHere
12-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Cool.

We are also coming in on Saturday and our flight is currently scheduled to land at 10:50AM at LAX.

Mark

LOL awesome! It seems we all had the same idea - great minds think alike :) Are you going to the HR as well? And Jason, how about you?

bigmoonmullen
12-24-2010, 12:38 PM
LOL awesome! It seems we all had the same idea - great minds think alike :) Are you going to the HR as well? And Jason, how about you?

Staying at HR on Satuday Pre-ADB and one night at Candy Cane Inn Post-ADB.

Mark

Mary Jo
12-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey all! :wave:

I won't be going on the ABD trip, but hope to meet up with you all when you come out to LA. I know some of you already, and am looking forward to meeting the rest of you. :)

Since I'm a local and live just 15 minutes from LAX, I'm happy to answer any questions, and hopefully we can get together before you all go off on your fab tour (or afterwards).

Mary Jo
(one of the DISneyland bunch :hippie: )

JWren1234
12-24-2010, 03:05 PM

Yes, I'll be staying there as well for the pre-night! I can't wait to go, I'm excited that it's less than four months away.

Jason:yay:

thekylers
12-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, I'll be staying there as well for the pre-night! I can't wait to go, I'm excited that it's less than four months away.

Jason:yay:
We are also staying at the HR pre-night, but won't be in until around 5 pm, but will be able to take in a nice restaurant or just hang out before the tour actual touring begins.:grouphug:

thekylers
12-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Merry Christmas!!

rchristiansen
12-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

We too will be there on Saturday the day before, flying in at noon. We're letting our daughter pick the itinerary for us on Saturday night (I think she wants to go to the wax museum, again :cutie:) and then our plan is to rent a car on Sunday and go to Santa Monica for the morning.

robinm1215
12-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!

I see that lots of us are flying in on Saturday and staying at the Renaissance. It will be nice to have the extra time, just not sure exactly what to do with that time yet!

Well, those of us here in NJ are buried under some snow. Fortunately, it's not too bad here. It's pretty pathetic when you are saying over a foot is "not too bad" -- I'm saying this because I know at least 3 people who can't get out their front door because of the snow!! So I hope everyone who has snow stays safe and is able to get out of their house! I'm all shoveled out here but still hating it. I just don't like snow or winter :sad2: I wish we could just skip over Jan and Feb and go straight to spring :goodvibes Right now I'm so wishing I was back in WDW with those 30 degree temps we had last week :lmao: At least there was no snow!

oilheadbob
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hope that everyone had a Very Merry Christmas!! We are still shopping for air fare. Looks like we will be in on the 17th in the am. Would like to come in a day early, but plans aren't trending in that direction.

Looks like a flight in around 11:00am. Oh well, we will be the last minute arrivals! :sad2:

Bob and Nancy :moped:

FFToolboxGuy
01-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm Rchristiansen's Hubby, you can put me on the list.

Thanks,
Jeff

JWren1234
01-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!

I see that lots of us are flying in on Saturday and staying at the Renaissance. It will be nice to have the extra time, just not sure exactly what to do with that time yet!

Well, those of us here in NJ are buried under some snow. Fortunately, it's not too bad here. It's pretty pathetic when you are saying over a foot is "not too bad" -- I'm saying this because I know at least 3 people who can't get out their front door because of the snow!! So I hope everyone who has snow stays safe and is able to get out of their house! I'm all shoveled out here but still hating it. I just don't like snow or winter :sad2: I wish we could just skip over Jan and Feb and go straight to spring :goodvibes Right now I'm so wishing I was back in WDW with those 30 degree temps we had last week :lmao: At least there was no snow!

Today it's 51 degrees where I am, I'm very happy to see the snow melting away! It's back to work tomorrow in NYC, I hope the sidewalks and streets will be back to normal...last week was a mess with all of the ice and snow.

The Hollywood & Highland complex has some nice shops and restaurants to explore before the tour starts. There is a Hard Rock Cafe and a California Pizza Kitchen among other restaurants. Also, the Disney Soda Fountain and El Capitan theater are right across the street. Before last April's DIS ABD I went to see Alice In Wonderland at the El Capitan, it was a great experience watching a movie there. I'm hoping that they will have a good movie playing there this year.

Jason

FFToolboxGuy
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Here's a potential movie for the El Capitan... Rio, an animated film about a blue macaw who travels to Rio de Janeiro, is scheduled for release on April 15.

JWren1234
01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Here's a potential movie for the El Capitan... Rio, an animated film about a blue macaw who travels to Rio de Janeiro, is scheduled for release on April 15.

I hope that will be it, got my fingers crossed. Sounds like it would be a cool movie!

Jason

ninecrayons
01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi all!

I'm Cristen and I'm mostly a lurker, though an avid podcast listener. :) On my way to work I was listening to the podcast from the cruise and Kevin mentioned there was still room for this trip. I realized I'd been listening for so long thinking "Hey, I wish I could go on that trip" and I should finally do something about it! :laughing: It's the perfect time for me to tie together my wanting to go back to DLR and my wanting to go on a Dis trip!

I was curious though - is there anyone out there still going solo? I'd be going by myself and would love to not have to pay the single supplement! If you are going or even thinking about going and would be solo, shoot me a PM!

bigmoonmullen
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi there everyone,

It looks like we are responsible for dinner on Wednesday April 20th.... please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Anyone interested in Steakhouse 55 at The Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose at the Grand Californian?

If anyone is staying an extra day (Friday April 22nd) we could also consider the other one for that night.

What time should be consider dinner in order not to miss shows? I'm guessing we are leaning on input from Kevin, John, Pete, Walter, Kathy or Teresa here. Is this a reservation(s) that we need to make prior to our trip or can it be done while on the tour itself?

See everyone soon,:thumbsup2

Mark

rchristiansen
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi there everyone,

It looks like we are responsible for dinner on Wednesday April 20th.... please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Anyone interested in Steakhouse 55 at The Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose at the Grand Californian?

If anyone is staying an extra day (Friday April 22nd) we could also consider the other one for that night.

What time should be consider dinner in order not to miss shows? I'm guessing we are leaning on input from Kevin, John, Pete, Walter, Kathy or Teresa here. Is this a reservation(s) that we need to make prior to our trip or can it be done while on the tour itself?

Mark

I'd love to do Napa Rose! We went last year and we still talk about it - we had such a phenomenal experience there. It would just be the two of us and Stephanie could be in Pinocchio's Workshop. I like the idea of making a reservation early because then we can pick up our daughter early enough to catch the fireworks, or put her to bed (depending a certain 8 year old's mood :))

Is 6PM too early? We did our ressie there at 6PM last year and were able to pick up our daughter early enough to catch the fireworks.

Otherwise, if Napa Rose is a bit too "fancy" I'd love to try Steakhouse 55 or any of the other restaurants in Downtown Disney. Either way, I think that will be our grown-up only night where Pinocchio's Workshop gets a bit of our money :cool1:

We are staying until about 1PM on the 22nd and touring the parks as much as we can. So dinner that night wouldn't work for us.

deann
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone! I am almost over my post-Disney depression. :rotfl: I had a great time on PCC 2.0 and spent a wonderful week at WDW afterwards. Next Monday it is back to reality. :lmao: I go back to work teaching, but the next time I have a week off will be our ABD trip! I think I have decided that I need to have two trips booked at all times. This way when you get back you know that you have another trip coming up!

It sounds like most of you are coming in the day before the trip. I don't want to miss out on all the fun! But unfortunately I don't think it will work out logistically. I will be driving down and leaving my car at the Grand Californian. ABD provides free parking and a transfer to Hollywood.

Wow! I can't believe the trip is just a bit over 3 months away. I need to book that second trip somewhere! :rotfl:

Hi there everyone,

Mark

Hi Mark! I am interested in Napa Rose. I'll probably end up staying Friday night as well. So, the 22nd should work also. DL does Priority Seating (basically the same as ADR) that can be booked 60 days in advance. I am not really sure on how far out a reservation would need to be done for Napa Rose. I know that dining at DL is not the same as WDW. You can usually get same day reservations. However, with Napa Rose I am thinking we need to book ahead of time. 6pm sounds good to me also.

bigmoonmullen
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone! I am almost over my post-Disney depression. :rotfl: I had a great time on PCC 2.0 and spent a wonderful week at WDW afterwards. Next Monday it is back to reality. :lmao: I go back to work teaching, but the next time I have a week off will be our ABD trip! I think I have decided that I need to have two trips booked at all times. This way when you get back you know that you have another trip coming up!

It sounds like most of you are coming in the day before the trip. I don't want to miss out on all the fun! But unfortunately I don't think it will work out logistically. I will be driving down and leaving my car at the Grand Californian. ABD provides free parking and a transfer to Hollywood.

Wow! I can't believe the trip is just a bit over 3 months away. I need to book that second trip somewhere! :rotfl:

Hi Mark! I am interested in Napa Rose. I'll probably end up staying Friday night as well. So, the 22nd should work also. DL does Priority Seating (basically the same as ADR) that can be booked 60 days in advance. I am not really sure on how far out a reservation would need to be done for Napa Rose. I know that dining at DL is not the same as WDW. You can usually get same day reservations. However, with Napa Rose I am thinking we need to book ahead of time. 6pm sounds good to me also.

Hi DeAnn,

I'm game for either or both (different nights of course:rotfl2:)

We need to know when the official days activities end... at least for that day and who wants to eat. I'm sure the DU folks can give us a hand here... lets just say we are in for whatever is decided.

Everyone else.... please pipe in your thoughts too.

Mark

DisneyKevin
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi DeAnn,

I'm game for either or both (different nights of course:rotfl2:)

We need to know when the official days activities end... at least for that day and who wants to eat. I'm sure the DU folks can give us a hand here... lets just say we are in for whatever is decided.

Everyone else.... please pipe in your thoughts too.

Mark

It's hard to pick an exact time when our planned activities will end, but they are usually done by mid afternoon.

Disneyland reservations are not as difficult to get as WDW reservations.

We made "day of" reservations for Steakhouse 55.

robinm1215
01-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Today it's 51 degrees where I am, I'm very happy to see the snow melting away! It's back to work tomorrow in NYC, I hope the sidewalks and streets will be back to normal...last week was a mess with all of the ice and snow.

The Hollywood & Highland complex has some nice shops and restaurants to explore before the tour starts. There is a Hard Rock Cafe and a California Pizza Kitchen among other restaurants. Also, the Disney Soda Fountain and El Capitan theater are right across the street. Before last April's DIS ABD I went to see Alice In Wonderland at the El Capitan, it was a great experience watching a movie there. I'm hoping that they will have a good movie playing there this year.

Jason

Thanks for all of the info Jason!

That does sounds like a cool movie! I'm a little partial to anything with birds since I have a pet cockatiel :goodvibes Does anyone know if the El Capitan just shows Disney movies? I'm not sure this one is Disney. I'm sure there will be something good playing there though!

Hi there everyone,

Mark

I would love to do dinner at Napa Rose! I have friends who live in San Diego and they highly recommend this restaurant! The 20th is good or the 22nd would work too since I'll be staying until the 24th. I'm good with whatever time works for everyone. Sounds like we have a little bit of time to firm things up since we can only make ADRs 60 days out.

Another thought -- does anyone know if we are getting priority seating for World of Color as part of the ABD trip? I know you can do a dinner package (and that package is not part of our ABD trip) but I'm wondering if we do not get some kind of priority seating if anyone would be interested in doing the dinner package. I know nothing about World of Color or where the best place is to see it, but I definitely want to check it out. Of course I'd much rather eat dinner at Napa Rose than the places they offer the dinner package for!

Glad to hear you had a great time on the cruise and your week at WDW :thumbsup2
I like your thinking about having 2 trips booked at once! I just booked a week for Food & Wine next October and am going to book a week in Dec soon. I'm also thinking of going for Memorial Day weekend since I don't think I'll be able to wait until October! I love my DVC :love: My next week off is also the ABD trip! I can't wait and I will also be happy then because winter will be over :cool1:

SusanWasHere
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey all!!
Hope everyone is doing well! Just read through the threads about the dinner at Napa Rose and as of now - I think I'm going to skip it! Just checked out the dinner menu and think I'd rather spend the time touring the parks since I've never been to DL before and may never get to go back lol! Who knows - when there I may change my mind and try to go - but I really want to get the most out of touring the area, the resorts, seeing the shows, etc. :) A few years ago I went to San Francisco for the first time with people that had previously lived there. It was a last minute trip so it cost a fortune. I felt like we spent most of our time sitting in restaurants and I was just dying to get out and explore. :confused3 I came back with so much regret about the things I didn't see after spending so much $$ to be there :sad2: So this time - I'm going to be all about running around like a maniac and taking in as much as I can!!:banana:

I can't wait to check out Hollywood either! Same as above - never been and will prob never be back! So I'll probably skip the movie and just check out the area. The main thing I want to try is In and Out Burger hahaha! I have a friend from NJ that moved out to LA years ago and has always told me I have to go there. I'm sure it's no better than the burger places in NJ, but I'm still going to experience it! Plus - I'm saving up my $$$$ for SHOPPING!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can't wait to go and see everyone! I think we're going to have a great time.:goodvibes I really hope to see as much as possible and am glad I'm going out a day early and staying 2 days after. I'm going to need a vacation after this vacation!!! :laughing:

Hmmmm, I wonder where I could go??? :wizard:

thekylers
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I agree with Susan, as I have only been once and my husband has never been before. I also want to get the most out of my touring time, especially as we only have a limited amount of free time. I know that we are getting to do extremely exciting things that I would never get to on my own, but I still want to enjoy Walt's park and ride all of the rides that I may never get to see again as trips to CA will be few and far between.

When I was there is September I was not overally fond of the food. We ate mainly counter service, which in Disney World you can still get a good meal, but everything I ate seemed dried out. We also ate at the BBQ all you can eat near Big Thunder Mountain, which was ok, but then I was sick the rest of the evening. We also ate at the Blue Bauyou. I was really looking forward to that meal, but again was unimpressed for the money. Therefore, I think we will sit out on the reservations, but thanks for the invite.

rchristiansen
01-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Speaking of food/reservations, what day is the lunch with Marty Sklar? Do we know yet?

rchristiansen
01-06-2011, 07:15 PM
YAHOOO! Made the final payment!!

:yay::cool1::goodvibes:banana::yay::cool1::banana:

We also picked up a bunch of those recommended books (from the ABD packet) from the library today for us and DD.

thekylers
01-06-2011, 09:14 PM
YAHOOO! Made the final payment!!

:yay::cool1::goodvibes:banana::yay::cool1::banana:

We also picked up a bunch of those recommended books (from the ABD packet) from the library today for us and DD.

Also made final payment!!!:worship:
It won't be long nowprincess::woohoo::disrocks:

bigmoonmullen
01-07-2011, 03:27 AM
paid too:thumbsup2

deann
01-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Just paid as well!

oilheadbob
01-10-2011, 06:30 AM
We too just made the final payment and also booked our airfare. So my credit card is sitting in a tub of ice water trying to cool off!! :rotfl2:

Looks like we are flying in the morning of the 17th and back home in the afternoon of the 22nd. Wish we could stay longer, but our little man (Skipper the dog) said we could only be gone six days this trip.

I can't believe that we are 96 days away!! I am using my DVC counter to count down the days!!

I think we might skip the meal as well as we want to see as much as we can on our compressed time schedule. Thanks for the invite though.

Bob and Nancy
Gainesivlle, Va.