PDA

View Full Version : SWA Gift cards

kimis
07-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Has anyone used SWA giftcards to buy tickets on line? Are there SWA gift c ards you can put any amount on or do they just come in some denominations already? Thank you for your help!

TiggerificTigger
07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
On Southwest's website, you can purchase gift cards in any amount you would like (even with cents). I have also seen the cards in Walgreens and K-Mart in a $50 denomination. I purchased them as a gift for my in-laws, and they worked great. They were able to easily purchase airfare online. Hope this helps!! :)

ccgirl
07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Just keep in mind that you can only apply so many gift cards toward the purchase price. I think it may be 4 but I'm not sure. So, purchase in larger denominations if you can.

Inkmahm
07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
You can get a 6% discount on SWA gift cards at cardpool online.

http://www.cardpool.com/buy/southwest-airlines-gift-cards

I use this site and Plastic Jungle quite frequently to buy discounted gift cards and I've had no problem with any of them. I highly recommend them.

TiggerificTigger
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
FYI

From the Southwest website:

Apply funds one at a time. Up to two unused tickets per passenger may be applied. Unused tickets are always applied first. Up to four of the following may also be applied in any combination: southwestgiftcards®, Southwest LUV Vouchers, leftover electronic ticket funds, and one Credit Card.

kimis
07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
thank you!

ccgirl
07-29-2010, 09:29 AM
FYI

From the Southwest website:

Apply funds one at a time. Up to two unused tickets per passenger may be applied. Unused tickets are always applied first. Up to four of the following may also be applied in any combination: southwestgiftcards®, Southwest LUV Vouchers, leftover electronic ticket funds, and one Credit Card.

Thank you! I ran into that last year. I had ticketless travel refunds, gift cards, and was paying by credit card. If I wanted to pay by CC I couldn't use all of my gift cards. Thanks for posting the details. IT is much appreciated.

bookgirl2632
07-31-2010, 08:22 AM
I used three gift cards and a credit card on my last transaction. The gift cards were gifts to some family members. In the past, I've bought the $50 gift cards for myself as a way of saving money for an upcoming vacation. As I have the funds, I buy the cards and stash them away. That way, when it comes time to purchase my ticket, I have the money saved up already.