PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite place to eat at Disney

Raulandpinboy
08-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Mine is the one and only Chef Mickeys.

What... Cant I post a simple one every now and then.:p

doombuggy
08-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Chef Mickey's is the best place for breakfast. Ditto for Goofy's kitchen at the DLR. JMHO. :D

in2disny
08-21-2002, 01:15 PM
All these years to Disney and I have never been to Chef Mickey's.

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite. There are so many other ones I haven't tried.

My next trip will be to get to Chef Mickey

eeyorefanatic
08-21-2002, 01:27 PM
On the bus to the first park of the trip (usually MK)

A close second is Ohana's for dinner which I tried for the first time on a solo trip and fell in love with the atmoshpere, food etc...

dizneyusa
08-21-2002, 01:31 PM
We love BOMA'S!!!!! Breakfast or Dinner

We also have never been to Chef Mickey's........
We must try it the next time we come up!!

Dana :)

perndwler
08-21-2002, 01:32 PM
There's no way I can pick just one.......

1900 Park Faire for Breakfast
American Pavillion for hot dogs/Canada for Cheese Soup for lunch
Mitsukoshi (Japan) for dinner

taysalyn
08-21-2002, 02:14 PM
My vote is for the Garden Grille at Epcot, although I might change my mind once I try the cheese soup in September. Can't wait for that!

daber
08-21-2002, 02:51 PM
Really tough question, there are too many excellent restaurants.
We always try a new one each time we go to WDW.
Never been to Chef Mickey's but California Grill a few stories above it is fantastic for leasure dining.
In EPCOT our choices are
1. Ankerhaus in Norway
2. Tempura/sushi in Japan
3. Rose and Crown in England
(yeah the Cheese soup is wonderful, but .....)
Flame Tree was great in AK but it's been closed most of this year.
OHana's is nice in the Poly, but we like the Kona next door better.
Then there's the Maya in Coronodo Springs....Gullivers in the Swan......Oh I just can't choose.

Eeyore's Pal
08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
I know that my kids really like 1900 Park Faire for dinner.
We always make sure to have one dinner there every trip.

We had breakfast at Boma's last Fall, and that got a rave review too.

If you don't mind the lack of ambience....we liked the food court in Epcot's Land pavilion.

wdw4us2
08-21-2002, 04:59 PM
Let's see:

Breakfast - Donald's Breafastasaurus - AK
Lunch - The Plaza Restaurant - MK
Dinner - Le Cellier/Canada - Epcot

These are my current favorites - they change all the time!

Lisa:cool:

Engr-Chas
08-21-2002, 06:15 PM
At Disneyland Resort,

Breakfast-Goofy's Kitchen
Lunch-Blue Bayou
Dinner-Soap Opera Bistro

Engr-Chas
Lord of the Diner

Mickey527
08-21-2002, 06:19 PM
We can only pick one??? I go to certain ones each trip
My favorites are
Canada..Le Celliere their filet mignon is to die for and of course that soup.
Germany..where else can you eat all the strudel you want. and Spatezle. yum
Mexico..the outside cart. a combinacione plate and a Rainbow Margarita.
Italy..Alfredo sauce, there is no word for it
Living Seas..Lobster bisque is the only way to start a meal there
Chef Mickey's are Parmesean Potatoes fattening?
I could go on and on, but I am dieting and this is killing me. Peggie

Dar20
08-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Two votes for ESPN Club from us. Cheap, fun, and great for sports fanatics like us with that Disney service as an added bonus. We drive over quite often to eat there.

Dar

buggin'
08-21-2002, 10:20 PM
I enjoy KONA Cafe...reasons undisclosed. ;)

HollyWood & Vine is excellente. :)

Chef Mickey's is fun.

Mexico has a great Taco Salad...just keep me away from the Pink flamigo display inside...!!! :p

'Ohanas is great, great food, great view of the fireworks too. ;)

Theres so many places to choose from. :rolleyes:

Buggin'
Amber

NHMickey
08-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Well I would have to say...

Breakfast... Spoodles...

Lunch... Tonys

Diner... Depends on the mood... I love so many of them...

SueEllen
08-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Nat!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I thought for sure that you would say LeCellier! Cheese Soup!

I can't possibly name just one. There are so many that we love. Boma, Chef Mickeys, LeCellier, Alfredos, the list goes on and on. There are a few that we MUST eat at every trip to WDW.

Sue Ellen

NHMickey
08-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Yea.... I love Cheese Soup... But to be honest I have had a few bad meals at Le Cellier other than the soup.

NHMickey
08-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Yea.... I love Cheese Soup... But to be honest I have had a few bad meals at Le Cellier other than the soup.

olbear
08-22-2002, 08:39 AM
No one has mentioned my favorite. Cape May at the yacht and beach club. FANTASTIC!! Great salad bar with peel and eat shrimp, made from scratch - clam chowder to die for, steamed clams,muscles, YUM! Steamed corn on cob and new potatoes, sirloin terriyaki steak tips, the BEST!! Ribs, Grilled chicken fresh grilled veggies, garlic mashed potatoes, and desserts to absolutely die for!! My favorite being the Oreo Truffle puff. Oooo boy!! I'm hungrey now.

Fred and I also love to go to the Crystal Palace in MK for lunch. Not just because of Pooh being there, but the buffet is wonderful, with a fantastic salad bar and other great hot items to choose from. Oh and the Bread pudding is really good.

For quick and simple, the Land is great at EPCOT, and YES...do try the cheese soup and pretzel bread in Canada, FANTASTIC!!

I gotta go get something to eat now, I'm hungrey!!

Blessings,
Winnie

pintrader
08-24-2002, 10:06 AM
due to the rave reviews for breakfast and the fantastic dinner Peggie (not on the boards) and I had My next breakfast on property will be at AKL Bomas.

I just had breafast this week at Cape May with Cheshire Figment, Judy Sue, Gary, Goofy, Chip and Dale. It was scrumptous. I loved those miniature mickey ears waffles. Then we dined at Kona's for breakfast. It's no Cape May!

Met the whole gang at Sppodles once, crowded and unmemorable. So we boated on over to Beaches and Cream, loved their cherry limeaid. Bery refreshing on a hot SeptemberPin Event afternoon.

On Friday nights when I was cutting my schedule a little to close to make my Friday Night Pin Meets on time, I would pop over to Chef Mickey's for the 5:00 seating. Great buffet, convenient. You just have to like a really noisy place. To some noise=fun to ohers --NOT.

Ed, Donna, Dom and who else was there had the best entertainment any cast of characters could put on at CM. They were all on the floor wrestling, cuttin up and truly getting in trouble aimed at our table's entertainment and addendants. They had us laughing to the point of tears. Was that you Tinkerbell?

I would never have gone into 50's Prime Time if Tinkerbell129 (Lori) had not invited me to join her. It was by far one of the coolest places. She is fun to go with as she really gets into the whole mood.

And Tinkerbell and I discovered that you can go into China and ask for beef and broccoliteven though it is not on the menu and they will prepare it for you and even let two of you split it:wink:

For inexpensive, nothing on property touches my favortire $9.59 all you can eat buffet place.

Loved the view at Ohana's went I dined with Dom, but the food ... eh

All time "YUCK" place to spend time or money on property for me is Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre. Too dark to see how clean it is.

So did I pick just one?
:p :rolleyes::D
oh yeah, Bomas

mickey4ver
08-24-2002, 10:14 AM
All those listed are wonderful...for a quick lunch, I like the Plaza in the MK. Gooooooddddd milkshakes:bounce:

Luv2Roam
08-24-2002, 10:34 AM
I think Dh and I would agree that over all our winner is Blue Bayou. :)
BUT at WDW, it's Chefs de France.
:)

Obi-Wan Pinobi
08-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Donald's Breakfastasaurus for breakfast ... after the all you can eat buffet, I can easily skip lunch. :teeth:

For a quick lunch, depends on the park. Cosmic Ray's in MK, American Adventure in Epcot, and the Commissary at MGM are all good.

For a lunch where the main purpose is dessert, Beaches and Cream! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Full service restaurants -- Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern are both VERY good. There was a great dinner show at Kona's in June but I think that was a one-time occurrence. :p

chef's wife
08-24-2002, 01:09 PM
:smooth: :D :smooth: :p :cool:
From aChef's point of view:

Boma's for Breakfast

Brown Derby for lunch...best service of any restaurant also!!!!

Kona's for dinner just because they tolerate Ed, Stitch, Protection and, Me!!!! Oh yeah...and Robin's cackling!!!!!

Best "Good" fast food....The Food court at The Land.....wide variety of choices for all taste buds!!!!

Best Cosmo.....The bar by the fifty's diner at MGM; can't remember the name!!!!!

Best Zombi...Tambu Lounge!!!!!!

Best Margarita...Angel's Inn, Mexico, Epcot

Best country.....I hate to say it because I don't consider Mexican a cuisine but, Angel's is pretty damned good!

Best Dessert...hands down!!!!The Reef? Coral Reef maybe? at Epcot!!!!!The soufflee with the sticky, goouuooy stuff inside (white chocolate ganache), Dylan licks the plate when he's done!!!!!

Honorable mentions...... to the food court by tomorrowland when you are heading in and you make the right heading towards the Plaza restaurtant.
Good Chix Tenders!!!!

Disappointments!!!!!!California Grill...total let down!!!!!!Food and Service...will not return, except to see the light show or monorail jumpers!!!!!
Manny...not the Wench

chef's wife
08-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Matt, maybe the show will have an encore....oooh when are you here again?!!!!
Ed, Stitch, and myself are ready, we've been rehearsing, we just need to check with Charle's agent to see when he is available.
I think we should have the Boa Brigade as our guests of honor this time though! Just to balance the whole scene!!!!!
I'm going to the drug store right now to see what they have in "color" "protection"
See you in, what is it Sept.???
Manny:smooth: :smooth: :jester: :smooth: :smooth:

dizpinlvr2
08-25-2002, 02:00 AM
Ohana's is my overall favorite! I tell everyone about it!!!!

But I have never tried Chef Mickey's yet - maybe this trip!

MGM has some interesting restaurants
The Sci-Fi theater is good for lunch
The 50's Prime Time Cafe was fun too!

We try to do at least one new to us - restaurant each trip!

Mickey7811
08-25-2002, 09:19 PM
I love Chef Mickeys and my husband and I actually go there for the food - well my husband goes there for the food.

Darlene