PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone HEARD ANYTHING about the Pin Evet yet??

NHMickey
08-20-2002, 05:04 PM
We leave for WDW in less than 30 days and still nothing....

BeautyLLM
08-20-2002, 06:50 PM
NOTAWORD

:confused: :mad: :(

wdw4us2
08-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Nothing here in Florida, either.:rolleyes:

Lisa:cool:

Toxicesq
08-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Well, at least I feel better hearing that no one else has heard anything, either.

NHMickey
08-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Ya don't think Disney just took all our money and left the country do ya??? ;) ;) ;)

Mickey527
08-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Leslie,
NOTAWORD????? Is that anywhere near NOTAZU? lol sorry couldn't resist ED. Peggie

Dizneypins.com
08-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Today 8/21/02 I and others called WDW Special Events we were told they hope to mail out the forms next week (week of 8/26) and want them back by Sept. 3 ? the 3rd??
Now correct me but isnt that a 8 day period with labor day as one weekend?
How will the forms get to Japan and Europe and back by Sept.3rd ? Some people in the US might not get them . When I send pins to NY,NY it takes a week priority mail..

atlnewf
08-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Oh goody. Given the way mail has been going around here of late (ie: it isn't), then I probably won't get it until after the event.
:(

AShley

dizpinlvr2
08-22-2002, 04:57 AM
:smooth:
Does anyone see a pattern here? I called last week and asked if they mailed anything - I was told they would be mailing out this week.

I believe someone else on the board had called the week before and got a similar response.

Now someone else has called and now they are not mailing out until next week.... Something strange is going on

I hope they get their act together soon.

Deb

suzanneb
08-22-2002, 10:29 AM
with Kimberly at Event Services (Aug 22). She says they're "targeting next week" to FEDEX them. She didn't know the deadline for faxing/ sending back requests. She said they were having printing problems....

Brisully
08-22-2002, 10:43 AM
Aren't all events held by Event Services now? If they are, I would assume that they are waiting for one event to finish before they start on the other event. Therefore, they are waiting for Disneyana to finish this weekend. Then they will send the Sept. Pin Event info out. Once the Pin Event has completed, then they would send the HM Happy Haunts info out, etc.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the way it has worked previously.

Dizneypins.com
08-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Sending out RSP for pin events yes they do wait and I am sure Disneyana has added alittle stress and excitement into the life of Special events.. But also in the past we got our RSP and merchandise info. prior to the cancellation date. Cancellation date for the Sept. pin event was Aug. 20th.. so now if we dont like what merchandise we see we cant cancel..

Kitster
08-25-2002, 01:16 AM
I'm just afraid that my DLR Haunted Mansion Holiday package will be mailed while I'm in Florida for the big pin event. I'm calling Monday to change my mailing address to have everything sent to work. At least I know someone will be there to sign for it. If the packets are sent via FedEx (the normal method of sending event packets) they will only try to deliver them 3 times. Then it back to the sender !!!! I'm gone from 9/18 - 9/23, leaving only 10 days until the Haunted Mansion Holiday event.

I have no idea why WDW Event Services is handling the Disneyland events, but I for one am less than impressed with their handling of the RSP and event packets. If they're having printing problems, send it to Kinko's.....or buy a laser printer !

NHMickey
08-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Ya know they should at least put the mechandise up on the website so we can see it.. In fact how come they can't do an online order? I still say they took our money and are spliting it up over bowls of Cheese Soup!

BeautyLLM
08-25-2002, 08:02 AM
I agree with you Nat. They are wasting a valuable communication tool by not utilizing that website. Online ordering makes perfect sense to me...

And I admit that I suffer from Olds Timers disease, but I sure don't recall ever receiving a FedEx package with event materials in it. I didn't even receive original paperwork for the Star Spangled Event...they sent me B and W copies!

atlnewf
08-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Do you think if we all sent them (polite!) letters, they might update the web site to utilize it better?

Ashley

NHMickey
08-25-2002, 09:22 AM
It could not hurt... Good idea.

atlnewf
08-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Well, for anyone wanting the address, here's the best I could find..

The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Remember, be nice!

Ashley