PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story for 4 year olds?

Princess&JackMom
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
My soon to be 4 year old twins have not seen any of the Toy Story films yet but we thought it would be a good idea for them to see at least one prior to our trip to WDW in September.

Any suggestions as to which one would be the best for their age?

If I recall the first film, Woody saves the toys who are tortured by the boy next door. My DH is concerned that may be too dark for our preschoolers.

Thanks!

3BoysRDisneyFreaks
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
They should see the first one. The first one is the best. All of the characters are in it.
Each one of the movies could seem a little dark in their own way. Heck even Bambi is dark, and Nemo. Mom's die in that one. Toy abuse is nothing. :lmao:
The whole movie isn't about 'torturing' toys and if he is that concerned, he should watch the movie first to see if it is appropriate.

Sarah

MEAGON2222
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I think that both movies is very good. Yes every disney has some kind of darkness. i hope this helps

JB2K
07-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I would say watch the first - it introduces the viewer to Woody, Buzz, and the rest...

Queenofspoons
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Defiently show the first two and wait awhile on showing the third, I would hate to scare your kids with the horror that is the Monkey :scared1: .

wishing4PA
07-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Assuming you are planning to buy or rent the video (rather than go to a showing somewhere), get the original TS.
You can always FF over the scary part. I used to do that a lot when DD was 4 and I was introducing her to Disney movies in advance of her first WDW trip. Now that she's 6, she wanted to run out of the theater when we saw TS3, so maybe I should have forced her to watch the tough stuff earlier.:rotfl2:

zoeotis
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
My 3 year old LOVES all the movies. He is always asking to watch TS1 and 2. When he sees Sid (the kid next door) he tells me that's the not nice boy. I don't think it is dark at all.

Maliki2
07-25-2010, 06:04 PM
We brought my son (4 years old as of yesterday), he loved it and did great...yelled out during a few of the parts as well! Cried when he got scared towards the end....but all in all a happy ending for him!

mykidsand_i
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Our little neighbor boy just turned 4 and he cried through a lot of the ending. I've also heard other parents say it was 'a little on the scary side' compared to the other toy stories.

They should definately the first toy story!! It is a great introduction to all the main movie people and they won't hear about the other ones at Disney anyways. Buzz, Woody, little bo peep, the main ones from the 1st movie are the best.

Reedi
07-26-2010, 12:13 AM
I agree with most of the OP. Show them the first 2 and wait on the 3rd. All movies have a villian and some tense moments, but nothing that I think would scar a 4yo. :confused3

Nhat Le
08-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I suggest watch in the following order:

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2

This ways it's more entertain for the kids.

A bonus addon is Monster Inc. :rotfl:

Queenofspoons
08-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I suggest watch in the following order:

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2

This ways it's more entertain for the kids.

A bonus addon is Monster Inc. :rotfl:

:sad2: dont take his advice here is mine:

TS1
TS2

Throw in A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc, then wait for the child to age 9 or 10 for TS3

rangermom
08-15-2010, 12:13 PM
My kids loved all three. My DS (4) has been watching TS 1 and 2 since he was 2. I would show TS 1 and TS 2. Chances are you will see Woody and Jesse when you are in the parks. Plus Jesse and Bullseye are part of TSM.

Everyone keeps saying that TS 1 introduces all the characters, but Jesse is a pretty known character also and you will not see her until TS 2.

melissa0208
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
My DD (3 1/2 yrs old) is a TS addict and has been since she was a year old! It was the first Disney movie she saw. I swear she watches 1 and/or 2 at least once a day. :rotfl: She still talks about 3 and asks me all the time when we can buy it.

~CherryCakes~
08-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Toy story 3 is not a good idea, sure the spanish thing is funny but that damn monkey gave me nightmares, god knows how much it would scare a 4 year old :scared1:, then again, maybe I'm just soft :/

Have them Watch them in order, 1st, 2nd, then third when they're about 8ish maybe?

:idea: Monsters inc would be good. If they're boys maybe some stuff like Robin Hood (one of my favorites) and The Sword in the Stone ect. ect.

dolphindan1
08-21-2010, 07:55 AM
I would let them watch all 3...starting with 1...to be honest if yall are concerned about a little dark elements in a Disney cartoon movie I wouldnt even consider taking them to Disney...All the rides Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White etc have a dark element to them...I dont think any of them are too dark or they wouldnt have the G rating...

superme80
08-22-2010, 03:51 AM
I would wait a bit. I used to watch a girl who was about 18 months and obsessed with Toy Story, but she was a little twisted! :lmao: I would definitely wait on the 3 rd one!!! That one scared me!

Ron from Michigan
08-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Our 3 year old Grandson has watched the first 2 movies over and over at our house. I had forgot just how great they are. His Mom & Dad took him to see the 3rd film and they said he was just amazed. He sat there the whole time with his box of popcorn and small drink ( except for bathroom breaks ) and just loved it.

KellyWasHere
08-31-2010, 07:17 AM
You know your kids best, if they normally aren't scared by much then I doubt anything in the Toy Story series will spook them. My daughter has seen all three and she's turning 4 in a month. But she isn't normally scared by movies.

TheDisneyGirl
08-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi- We actually started our daughters on the Toy Story trilogy earlier this year. But I do have to say that my oldest (4yrs at the time) liked Toy Story 2 better than 1, she said the dolly spider was too scary and she didn't quite get the story with the boy next door being so evil.
A few months ago we took her (and her baby sister) to the theater for the movie, Toy Story 3, and she loved it. IMO it was a bit darker than the other two, but she didn't seem phased.. nor her sister, who couldn't keep still to save her life. LOL

Good luck!