PDA

View Full Version : Selling Mears Transfers/ Towncar ??

ZPT1022
08-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Okay, so here's the deal- we booked our trip through a TA before I found DisBoards and all the good advice here! We have Mears transfers (round trip) included in our package. I would love to be able to do a towncar and have the grocery stop. However, Disney wants a $50 change fee to switch from Mears to towncar. And to top it all off, then they would charge us $140 for a towncar. I don't really want to pay all that, especially knowing that I can get a towncar for around $80. But it really bugs me to know that we have spent about $55 on the Mears transfers and then just not use them. So the other thought that FH had was to sell the Mears transfers to someone in line at the Mears counter at the airport. Has anyone ever successfully done this? Is it a big hassle? Is there any way to turn the transfers in to Mears for a refund? We would really much rather take the towncar, but can't justify it while we have already paid for Mears. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeanny
08-18-2002, 05:45 PM
I went through a travel agent and bought the Delta vacation package which included Mears transfers... When I called my agent and asked about using a towncar...they told me I could do anything I want. I don't have to use Mears... it's included in the package, but they'll take that price off of my package.

I'd ask again if I were you... different person.....different answer. I don't have to pay a change fee... maybe because it's so close to your visit???

good luck!