PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dwarf Collectibles

tpnj@aol.com
08-17-2002, 03:29 PM
I have a set of Dwarfs for which I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone can offer.

They were purchased in Italy during WWII. They are ceramic, approximately 6" tall, have a "Walt Disney" label on the bottom and are signed by the artist which as far as I can make out reads "Zaccaguicini" Additionally, the artist also signed a separate marking which is like a large "Z" with a horizontal line through the middle.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find information on their authenticity as a Disney commissioned item and perhaps their value? I've shown them to my local TDS and they had no idea as to the origin. They have been in my family since they were purchased and I would say they are in very good to great condition.

Thanks

Obi-Wan Pinobi
08-17-2002, 04:22 PM
I did a search on google for "Zaccaguicini" but no hits. It did find a few things for an alternate spelling, "Zaccagnini." Most of the hits for that show Zaccagnini to be an Italian ceramics manufacturer dating back to 1891, according to one of the sites I found not in Italian. :)

zaccagnini1891.com looks to be their English site. Maybe you could e-mail them with a description (or even a picture, if you can) and find out some history.

If not, I'd try some books on Disneyana and Disney collectibles in the book stores. Some of the Disneyana collectors here on the DIS might be able to help as well.

tpnj@aol.com
08-18-2002, 06:40 PM
Thanks Obi Wan -

I found the company (thanks to your help deciphering the lettering) and I've sent them an email.

I failed to mention in my original post that I don't have the accompanying Snow White, I'm hoping the company can give me some info on where I might find one.