PDA

View Full Version : lanyard comfort

mudd
08-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Any suggestion on how to make lanyards more comfortable to wear? If I'd wear a shirt with a collar no problem, but usualy it's t-shirts and shorts.

JudithM
08-15-2002, 10:49 PM
I sweat too much in FL to wear a lanyard around my neck! I usually just carry it with me.

BeautyLLM
08-16-2002, 06:14 AM
I'm with Judith...it is way to hot to wear a lanyard at WDW, especially in the summer months. If I dont' wear a collared shirt, I carry my lanyard as well...

AZ JazzyJ
08-16-2002, 09:24 AM
After watching Matthew sweat like a pig last August, Trina and I began to talk about lanyards and hot weather. When we got home, she put on her best mad scientist outfit and disappeared into her laboratory (i.e., her sewing room). Sometime during her absence behind the locked door I could have sworn that I heard her yell, "It's Alive!" but I can't confirm that. When she emerged, she had made a pad for the back of a lanyard. It fits along the back of your neck and provides padding for when you are wearing a lanyard with a T-shirt or other non-collared shirt. It has a terry cloth back to it so that during the hot summer months it will absorb the sweat and it is removable so you can wash it at the end of a long, hot pin trading day. She also made one for cold weather using Polar Fleece to keep your neck protected and warm while wearing a lanyard. I took that one with me to the Winter Olympics and it was great. The lanyard strap did not rub against my neck and I was comfortable after 15 hours of wearing a lanyard around the games. I am definitely bringing one of these with me in September to the pin event.

Jeff

JudithM
08-16-2002, 11:56 AM
Way to go Trina! Behind every man (who thinks he is successful) is a great WOMAN!

Now Jeff you are bringing the terry cloth one in Septemeber, right? It'll be way to warm & humid for the fleece one :)!

AZ JazzyJ
08-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Because I am fabric indentification challenged (FIC), I will let Trina pick out which one I should bring. All I know about fabric is that when it comes to women's athletic workout clothing, Lycra is a privilege, not a right.

And Judith, I believe in this case your quote should be:

Behind every friend that sweats like a faucet is a woman who owns a sewing machine who actually believes that Hallmark ornaments grow on trees.

Jeff

Eeyore1954
08-16-2002, 12:22 PM
My DW came up with a simple solution -- a large-size handkerchief tied around my neck. I, too, like wearing T's at WDW and since they have no collar, the lanyard drags on the neck. The handkerchief solves that for me (maybe because I have little or no neck?).

olbear
08-16-2002, 02:11 PM
No Jeff did not pay me to say this..:rolleyes:

But I highly recommend the lanyards he sells for comfort. I wear mine quite often with a t-shirt. They are so soft on the neck. Not irritating at all. And they are much lighter in weight as well.

The price is right as well. Just ask him!

Regards,
Winnie:p

hopemax
08-16-2002, 03:16 PM
I've never felt like my lanyard is uncomfortable, but I don't use an actual lanyard. I use the Epcot bottle strap (the one with all the flags on it). It's a lot softer than the lanyards, and I can hang a water bottle off it, if I want.

JudithM
08-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Hey, Jeff!? Can I trade in my original AZJeff lanyard for a new one :)?!!

AZ JazzyJ
08-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry Judith, I am not zoned properly to open a used lanyard lot. If you want a new model, I am sure I can get the lanyard factory to produce one for you to buy. After all, I do have ornaments to buy.

Jeff

JudithM
08-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Is the ornament comfortable to wear :)? Winnie said she got a lanyard for comfort!!

AZ JazzyJ
08-16-2002, 09:02 PM
I do have to agree with Winnie, the new lanyard material we are using is soft and silky and very comfortable. Trina did good.

And as for your question, I will let you know. I told Trina if she bought one more ornament we would have to start hanging them on the kids for Christmas since the tree would not handle it. She bought another one anyway so I will wait to see which kid gets decorated.

Jeff

Obi-Wan Pinobi
08-16-2002, 09:09 PM
Wow, I inspired an invention! :)

Do I get a share of royalties? :teeth:

JudithM
08-16-2002, 10:16 PM
Jeff, please tell Trina I suggest Dakota be the ornament king! That way he can learn early that all the guy has to say is, "YES DEAR!"

Matt, Trina has the idea, Trina does the work & YOU want royalties? Something is wrong with that picutre :)!

A kid at heart
08-18-2002, 05:08 PM
So how does one go about buying one of these lanyards from Jeff?