PDA

View Full Version : TS3 - Which Part "Got" You ---- MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

santadog
06-19-2010, 07:14 PM
OK - the general consensus is that Darn near EVERYBODY cries at Toy Story 3.
I am curious when the waterworks started for different folks.

Personally I started to get a little misty as soon as the toys were back in Andy's room, but totally lost it when he was at Bonnie's and discovered Woody was in the box.

The look on Andy's face, as he was deciding what to do was heartbreaking, and as soon as he introduced Woody, I couldn't stop crying.

MajorThomasina
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
OK - the general consensus is that Darn near EVERYBODY cries at Toy Story 3.

Sorry to say, but I have a black heart and didn't cry or even get teary-eyed when I watched TS3. :rotfl: It did touch me in a few places, but I mainly "awwed" rather than "bawwed".

I was really moved when I saw the gang figure out that Woody was telling the truth about Andy not throwing them away. AWWW! ;)

karly05
06-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Trip one, while I found it touching, I didn't cry. Went back today for trip 2, and I ended up a dripping mess, starting when Andy's Mom starts choking up and hugs him, all the way through that last scene.

BIG SPOILER... One of my favorite bits in the whole movie is when Bonnie says "There's a snake in my boot!" - the only thing I can compare it to is in Up, when Russell says "Cross your heart?" to Carl, without realizing the significance of what he's just said. I wonder if Andy ever finds out that Mom didn't write the post-it note...

MajorThomasina
06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder if Andy ever finds out that Mom didn't write the post-it note...

I don't know anyone who doesn't know their own mother or father's handwriting! You have to give back your signed report card to the homeroom teacher somehow! :rolleyes1 ;)

tweedlemom
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
***SPOILERS***
I got choked up when they talked about the fate of Bo Peep and Wheezy. OLD Buster really made me laugh, though! I was happy to see that Sid grew up and found a steady job. Mr. Potato Head telling the aliens that "He" was eternally grateful was nice, especially since they have been telling that to him forever, and he always took it for granted, and now he finally understood what they meant. Seeing all the posters off Andy's room's walls at the very end (love the blue paint and yellow stars) made the series come full circle--though different posters covered those walls from time to time, underneath it all, he was still the same Andy who loved his toys. Sniff, sniff...:sad1:

916chipndale
06-19-2010, 08:59 PM
toy story is my favorite movie and i say toy story 3 yesterday and loved it i got teary eyed when andy took the toys to bonnies and gave them to her and introduced her to them and then when he saw woody in there and like the OP said the look on andys face got me i didnt want to see him give them away cuz bonnie is going to grow up just like andy thats what really got me

916chipndale
06-19-2010, 09:03 PM
***SPOILERS***
I got choked up when they talked about the fate of Bo Peep and Wheezy. OLD Buster really made me laugh, though! I was happy to see that Sid grew up and found a steady job. Mr. Potato Head telling the aliens that "He" was eternally grateful was nice, especially since they have been telling that to him forever, and he always took it for granted, and now he finally understood what they meant. Seeing all the posters off Andy's room's walls at the very end (love the blue paint and yellow stars) made the series come full circle--though different posters covered those walls from time to time, underneath it all, he was still the same Andy who loved his toys. Sniff, sniff...:sad1:

i cracked up at old buster and how he fell as soon as he got to woody! i have a dachshund at home and its great to know thats whats going to happen to her in about 5-10 years!

kathyseb
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
It hit me when Andy took the trash bag to put all the toys in to put in the attic. It went down hill from there.

Can't wait to see it again.

disEAR
06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
1. When Woody and the Gang were in the trash Incinerator. As soon as they realized there was no way out and settled into the thought of them dying so they'll die together. And joined hands. I was a mess. I felt like my lower intestines were up in my throat.

2. When Andy had his last and final play time and goodbye with Woody and the Gang. Again the tears came. It was such a bitter sweet moment.

emlutz23
06-20-2010, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=tweedlemom;37068935]***SPOILERS***
I was happy to see that Sid grew up and found a steady job. QUOTE]

I missed that! Where was Sid?

Back to the OT, I didn't cry until the toys were in the incinerator. Even though I knew that couldn't be how they go out, it was still sad to even think that! And the waterworks continued while Andy played with the toys one last time and compounding it was the fact that it is the last TS installment!

916chipndale
06-20-2010, 06:57 AM
I missed that! Where was Sid?

Back to the OT, I didn't cry until the toys were in the incinerator. Even though I knew that couldn't be how they go out, it was still sad to even think that! And the waterworks continued while Andy played with the toys one last time and compounding it was the fact that it is the last TS installment!

Sid was the garbage man he was wearing the black shirt and skull and crossbones just like he did in toy story

julayla
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
The incinerator scene. I was in horrified disbelief the whole time. "No, Pixar wouldn't do that to our beloved toys. Noooo. Um, they're getting awfully close to the fire there..." And then they start exchanging looks, holding hands, and... :sad:

Even though they get rescued, it's a terrible moment where they look Death down the throat and accept it, knowing that at least they're leaving this world together.

Other moments:

When Andy's mom gets all teary about Andy leaving...

Andy's one last time playing with his toys...

When the baby cries, "Mama!" At that moment, he suddenly ceased to be a monster.

Pumpernoodle
06-24-2010, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=julayla;37131279]The incinerator scene. I was in horrified disbelief the whole time. "No, Pixar wouldn't do that to our beloved toys. Noooo. Um, they're getting awfully close to the fire there..." And then they start exchanging looks, holding hands, and... :sad:

Even though they get rescued, it's a terrible moment where they look Death down the throat and accept it, knowing that at least they're leaving this world together.

That's EXACTLY it! Watching them join hands...even though I knew it couldn't really be the end...my heart was in my throat. I did think the martians were really gone, so watching them save their friends with "the claw" was amazing!

I got misty again when Andy's Mom started to cry and when Andy found his toys.

Worst of all was watching Andy introduce each toy to Bonnie. I cry just thinking of it! Then finding Woody in the box. Finally, watching Andy play with his toys one final time with Bonnie. It was what they had been hoping for and not it would be the last time. I was a disaster!

My own mother is a huge saver. My kids have TONS of my toys from my own childhood, so it was very hard for me to watch Andy give away his beloved toys....especially Woody. I wanted to yell..NO! You need to save them for your own children. At the same time it was nice to see them making another child happy, and I was glad that they would stay together.

disneymami
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
1. When Woody and the Gang were in the trash Incinerator. As soon as they realized there was no way out and settled into the thought of them dying so they'll die together. And joined hands. I was a mess. I felt like my lower intestines were up in my throat.

2. When Andy had his last and final play time and goodbye with Woody and the Gang. Again the tears came. It was such a bitter sweet moment.

I can't believe I was the ONLY person in the theater who clapped and cheered when the aliens came with the claw to save Woody and the gang. I was staring at the screen, my gaping mouth, my eyes tearing, can't believing what I'm seeing, can't believing that PIXAR would even allow such a dreadful ending to our heroes, and just when I thought there could not possibly be any way out.....the claw appears out of nowhere to save our friends.....ahh, I was so relieved that I started to clap and cheer. I was the ONLY person in the theater to do this. My daughter, 9 years old, turns to me and says "are you ok mom?"

I'm going to see again but this time in 3D.

ryalluvdiz
06-25-2010, 09:18 PM
I cried at the incinerator scene too and the look on my four year old's face was priceless....he was in shock.....the seven year old had his hands over his eyes.....my mom said...ARE YOU CRYING???? I replied...DON'T I ALWAYS CRY AT DISNEY MOVIES!!!!

MannAboutTheWorld
06-26-2010, 12:31 AM
The near-death scene was a big one, but the one that almost killed me that hasn't been mentioned yet was when Andy is about to leave and the little girl has Woody wave goodbye.

It was a little thing, but if that didn't get you, you have no soul.

Xaeldz
06-26-2010, 07:20 PM
The waterworks really started going for me when the LGMs (Yes, I still go by the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command naming of the aliens) got hit by the truck. Those guys have always been rather special to me.

Then during the incinerator scene I kept thinking 'Woody will wake up, and it will all be a dream, You'll see, just a dream!!' Then when they held hands and faced death, it hit me that it was no dream and I started bawling!

I know it sounds rather dumb, but I brought my original Toy Story Buzz Action Figure with me to the movie. I brought him with to the first two in theater when I was little, so it seemed right to take him to the last one. And during the incinerator scene, I was just clinging to my little Buzz.

southernbelle20
06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Sid was the garbage man he was wearing the black shirt and skull and crossbones just like he did in toy story

I totally missed that!

I absolutely adored this movie, truly touching!

GoMegGo
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM

Same here. I saw the movie with some co-workers and I was an absolute MESS. I'm kind of known as a crier, but it took all of my strength not to completely fall apart (a la The Notebook) when they all just looked at each other knowingly and held hands. Teary up just typing this.

Also, when Andy was playing with Bonnie and had Woody on this shoulders... again, tears.

Simba's Mom
07-01-2010, 02:56 PM

If you missed it, I'm not surprised. I just saw Toy Story 3 this morning, I knew to look for Sid, but it was so fast I couldn't pick out the shirt.

DisneyMama27
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Personally I started to get a little misty as soon as the toys were back in Andy's room, but totally lost it when he was at Bonnie's and discovered Woody was in the box.

The look on Andy's face, as he was deciding what to do was heartbreaking, and as soon as he introduced Woody, I couldn't stop crying.

I have never cried in a movie like I did this one - I was a MESS!

My little boy wasn't even born when TS came out, but it was one of the first movies he ever watched. And on his first trip to WDW, we bought him Buzz and Woody and took him to see TS2. SO...watching Andy grow up, I felt like I was watching my own son.

I was also sad about Bo and Wheezy. :sad2: But from the moment the LGMs were run over to Woody's little wave (yep, that was a very big small moment), I was in tears, doing my best to not audibly sob!

I have to say, I was nervous about this movie - 3rd installments don't often hold up the standards of previous movies. I seriously underestimated Pixar - this was so well written! We were all sad that Andy was growing up and that final playtime with Andy, Bonnie and the toys was SO touching and bittersweet! I was happy to see the toys stay together, and get to be with a child that would love and play with them - and you have to imagine that he will be back to check on Bonnie, as well as Woody.

Andy's moment of indecision was the most emotional - I didn't even know what I wanted him to do! Keep Woody with him, or share him with a child who would appreciate him? His decision warmed my heart, but made me weep!

I laughed and cried all the way through this movie, and LOVED it! Can't wait to see it again! (I will say, we saw this movie in the new Goldclass theater nearby, and it was an amazing experience all the way around - I was very grateful for the cloth napkin next to my recliner to wipe my face with, since I saw it on opening day and hadn't heard to bring a box of kleenex!)

Amber Leigh
07-02-2010, 02:17 AM
I got teary at random spots throughout. The incinerator scene was the first place I started to loose it but I only got a little bit out before they were saved and I was better.

I didn't straight out cry my eyes out until the end when Andy was showing each toy to Bonnie as he gave them to her and talked about each one. And when the car was driving away... flood gates opened.

OctoberDisney
07-05-2010, 01:11 AM
We just got home!
I started crying during the incinerator scene and steadily cried harder until I was a sobbing mess by the end! :sad1::sad1::sad1: I had to bite on my sweatshirt so people around us couldn't hear me bawling!

LOVED LOVED LOVED the movie...it was the best of them all.

Mama Mouse
07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
We just got home!
I started crying during the incinerator scene and steadily cried harder until I was a sobbing mess by the end! :sad1::sad1::sad1: I had to bite on my sweatshirt so people around us couldn't hear me bawling!

LOVED LOVED LOVED the movie...it was the best of them all.

This was me completely. I expected to tear up. I did not expect to be suppressing sob after sob. From the incinerator scene on, I was a wreck.

MomofKatie
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
When DIDN'T I cry is more the question? ;)

I am known for being a big 'ol teary mess whenever I watch (or listen to, or see) anything remotely sad, touching, or emotional in any way. I have tears running down my cheeks right now from reading the responses on this thread!!

The crying moments started early for me:

1- When the toys are trying to get Andy to pay some attention to them- any attention- at the beginning of the movie. The look on their faces when he opens the toybox only to close it again when he finds his cellphone had me sniffling already.

2- Seeing the toys upset, thinking that they would be put in the trash, and Woody pulled away in the "college" box made me misty.

3- Jessie going into an almost fetal position and someone- Woody?- saying it wouldn't be like Emily again had me holding back a sob.

4- Lotso and the other toys forcibly resetting Buzz had me gasping and tearing up.

5- Woody leaving Bonnie's house to rescue his friends made me sniffle.

6- Big Baby crying "mama" when it saw the locket had me boo-hooing.

7- The incinerator scene- OMG!! I actually sobbed out loud and involuntarily said, "Oh, no! Oh, no!" a few times before the Claw saved them.

8. When I thought Woody would be forever seperated from the others to go to college, I cried.

9. The whole scene where Andy gives the toys to Bonnie had me sobbing like a baby. He introduces each one to her, and then sees Woody in the bottom of the box- the look on his face- I bawled out loud. Then him spending time, playing with his toys with Bonnie, knowing Woody and Buzz were experiencing Andy's childhood love one last time, just did me in.

10. The last fade out on the clouds in the sky that mirrored the clouds on his walls from the first fade in in TS1 had me going all over again.

WeatherbySwann
07-17-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't believe I was the ONLY person in the theater who clapped and cheered when the aliens came with the claw to save Woody and the gang. I was staring at the screen, my gaping mouth, my eyes tearing, can't believing what I'm seeing, can't believing that PIXAR would even allow such a dreadful ending to our heroes, and just when I thought there could not possibly be any way out.....the claw appears out of nowhere to save our friends.....ahh, I was so relieved that I started to clap and cheer. I was the ONLY person in the theater to do this. My daughter, 9 years old, turns to me and says "are you ok mom?"

I'm going to see again but this time in 3D.

Don't worry, you weren't the only one! The entire theater burst into applause at that part when I saw it.

I was also sad for Bo Peep - I wonder why they chose to not include her? My only guess would be that it was getting to be too many characters to keep track of, but still . . .

The last 45 minutes or so was some of the best filmmaking I've ever seen. The whole escape was done so well; and then the finale . . . talk about bittersweet. Best ending ever.

karly05
07-18-2010, 06:06 AM
In the "Art of Toy Story 3" book, Lee Unkrich talks about the decision not to include Bo Peep. Remember, she wasn't really a "toy," she was part of Molly's nursery lamp, and was made of porcelain, so easily breakable. Andy was borrowing her in TS to play "damsel-in-distress," but she wasn't really one of his toys. Lee points out that they were already having a hard time incorporating her into Toy Story 2, since she couldn't really go on the "adventure" with the others (he says there was some joking about having her wrap herself in bubble wrap and ship herself to Al's apartment).

Lee says, in the book, for TS3, "It was really stretching believability for Bo Peep to still be a part of this world. It made no sense for her to be in Andy's room. It made no sense for Molly to have her, because Molly's twelve now." In the end, he says, "We finally decided to make Bo Peep emblematic of how the room had changed and the sacrifices the toys had made along the way."

I think they made the right call.

WeatherbySwann
07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
In the "Art of Toy Story 3" book, Lee Unkrich talks about the decision not to include Bo Peep. Remember, she wasn't really a "toy," she was part of Molly's nursery lamp, and was made of porcelain, so easily breakable. Andy was borrowing her in TS to play "damsel-in-distress," but she wasn't really one of his toys. Lee points out that they were already having a hard time incorporating her into Toy Story 2, since she couldn't really go on the "adventure" with the others (he says there was some joking about having her wrap herself in bubble wrap and ship herself to Al's apartment).

Lee says, in the book, for TS3, "It was really stretching believability for Bo Peep to still be a part of this world. It made no sense for her to be in Andy's room. It made no sense for Molly to have her, because Molly's twelve now." In the end, he says, "We finally decided to make Bo Peep emblematic of how the room had changed and the sacrifices the toys had made along the way."

I think they made the right call.

Hmm, interesting, I guess I can understand that. Thanks for sharing!

charming23
07-20-2010, 08:27 AM

^^^ This. I completely lost it at that moment and it just kept going down hill from there.

Bephus
07-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I got choked up right at the beginning and just tried to keep it together as well as I could for the whole movie so DS4 wouldn't get upset!

zoeotis
07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree. The incinerator scene had to be the most emotional for me. It got me thinking of all my toys and wondering what became of them. It didn't seem to bother my kids, but my husband and I were teary.

Rose DiVerona
07-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I saw the movie four times.

The first time, I started crying when Andy was introducing all his toys to Bonnie. And we're not talking a couple sniffles. We're talking me trying to stifle my tears so I wouldn't make a bunch of noise in the theater (you know that gasping-crying that a lot of us girls do? yeah, that would have been me).

The second and third, I held out until the part when Andy came across Woody in the box. And these times were just silent tears, easily manageable.

The fourth, I got a little teary-eyed at the Woody part but did not have to wipe my cheeks. No Kleenex needed.

And all four times, I was laughing by the end credits. Short tears.

I think I had such a strong emotional response because I have grown up with the films, and I'll be leaving for college in just under a month. The end of Toy Story 3 was like me saying goodbye to MY favorite toys (which will, btw, be staying in my room when I'm gone)! ;)

leeshiebean
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Cried when the toys were accepting their fate and holding hands before nearly being incinerated. I couldn't see any way out for them so I thought "are they really ending it this way?!"

And of course, sobbed my eyes out during the whole end of the movie. It hits close to home to think about that "growing up" aspect. I've been there recently and it's tough. But unlike Andy, I kept all of my special childhood toys! I couldn't bear to give them away!

startrekkie
08-08-2010, 03:52 PM
It was a real emotional film i didn't want to cry in case Robert that's my stepdad and my two sisters looked at me :(

Symphony
08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
The incinerator part was horrific, I couldn't believe it. I was so convinced they were gonna kill off the toys.

I started to get teary at the end, especially Andy's face when he spotted Woody in the box. Then this little kid behind me, who must've been about 5 at the oldest slumps heavily, sighs and whines 'Is it finished yet' :rotfl: that ruined the moment ( I was grateful, I'd never live it down if I'd been spotted crying by DBF)

rabyoga
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Man, I must have a black heart and no soul. I didn't have any tears for Toy Story 3. To be honest, I didn't like it. I thought it was the "same old, same old." I loved the first Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Maybe I'm just jaded..

*Although I did get a little lump in my throat when I dropped my daughter for her first day of high school.

where's_my_prince
08-30-2010, 06:37 PM
the last 5 minutes i was bawling, i felt like my childhood was dying when he was giving away his toys. bawling to the point to where my sister was like "are you alright"

thank goodness for those cute little scenes during the credits, so i could compose myself

i've only seen it once, i'm kind of scared to see it again, cuz i dont want to cry anymore