PDA

View Full Version : motion sickness on auto train?

sumfun
08-15-2002, 08:02 AM
we will be on the auto train in 2 weeks with our 4 children the 2 youngest do tend to get "car sick" on long trips. none of us have ever been on a train before. is there a lot of motion ? should we give the kids dramamine before boarding? any insight would be appreciated. thank you in advance for your replies.

JudithM
08-15-2002, 08:24 AM
Exactly one year ago we took the Autotrain round trip. It was our last Autotrain ride because of so much motion. Until I hear reports from friends that the train doesn't rock side to side so much anymore, I might consider taking it again. It went side to side so much that we all commented that the train felt like it would jump the tracks. I don't usually have motion sickness, so I cannot say what to do for your children, but be aware that it does rock side to side.

LisaNJ25
08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Can someone tell me if dramamine is an over the counter medicine and where in the store you usually find it? We are taking the autotrain back home on 9/2 and its actually my husband I am worried about lol. This is a guy who gets sick on the tea cups.

Last year when we went my 2 yo threw up the whole drive back to jersey and we ended up in the ER with her. We bought and tv/vcr for the car and the times we used it she got sick ( do you see a pattern here lol)

sumfun
08-15-2002, 10:49 AM
thanks for the quick response. dramamine is over the counter and can usually be found in the same aisle as aspirin antacids etc. target , rite aid, even pathmark carry it . fyi they even make a non drowsy formula.