PDA

View Full Version : Remember the FD resort upgrades last year???

beachgrl001
06-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Last year Disney offered upgrades from value to deluxe(OKW/SSR) for the free dining dates. Anyone think there is a chance of them doing this again? I think it was the 2nd time they did it. here is a copy of the email from last year:

Surprise, ********* Family!

We're offering you a FREE upgrade from the Disney Value Resort you booked for your upcoming stay (between 8/21/09 and 10/3/09) to a studio room at: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (http://registration.disneyworld.com/P/v3/r.aspx?r=T1_Url0&e=1820%3B844910%3B502162945%3B10%3B02&a=1007)
Where Victorian architecture winds through enchanting parks, waterways and golf course views. OR Disney's Old Key West Resort (http://registration.disneyworld.com/P/v3/r.aspx?r=T1_Url1&e=1820%3B844910%3B502162945%3B10%3B02&a=1007)
Where the charm of a 1900s Key West-style resort meets the creature comforts of home. Upgrade and you'll be getting more of everything at no additional charge, including more space for your family and more in-room amenities. Plus, you'll be even closer to some amazing Disney golf and delicious Disney Dining! All just moments away from the Theme Parks.

To get your FREE upgrade, all you have to do is call. But hurry... the number of rooms available with this offer is limited! Payment of original reservations balance required. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable. Additional amounts will be due for any increase in length of stay or stays beyond 10/3/09. To get your FREE upgrade, call
407-939-7943
by 8/1/09

So wouldn't it be great if they did it again? :wizard:Just thinking out loud here;)
I am happy just going to the World:lovestruc

Kat73
06-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I can't remember, but it seems like about this time I got mine last year. Here's hoping you get one!

beachgrl001
06-13-2010, 02:13 PM
The upgrades came out on 7/23/2009:goodvibes I know alot of the DVC people were upset that we were getting FD& the upgrade, but I was very happy and grateful, I had never gotten any kind of perk like that from disney.

PrincessGrandma
06-13-2010, 03:04 PM
That would be great!

beachgrl001
06-13-2010, 03:44 PM
well Im definitely not counting on it but it sure was nice. The way disney is cutting back I cant see it happening but a gal can dream...

scanmom
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
the only reason Disney upgraded people was because the value resorts were sold out for FD. They wanted to get more people to book, and the best way to do that was to be able to open up value resort rooms for FD. With the poor economy, I would guess most people were willing to pay value prices, but balked at paying deluxe/villa prices. So, they upgraded people that had already booked at values, and opened up the bookings for FD at values that way. I don't think people booked at mods for FD were offered the upgrade. The idea was to open up the least expensive rooms. I don't know about the value resorts, but I know that CSR is still open for FD on labor day week. I keep checking because we are still considering going that week. If the values are not booked up yet, I don't think the upgrades will be offered. But, maybe I am wrong about all this and you will get the upgrade! That would be nice!

n2mm
06-14-2010, 07:21 AM
That would be nice, but you can't dwell on it. I got upgraded during FD in 2006, but mine was upon checkin at Pop. It was mid-week (Wednesday) for a 5 night stay and was asked if I would be interested in moving to CSR. I agreed and it was nice paying Pop prices and staying at CSR with FD. I noticed that several other parties checking in were being given the same offer, so it was not to us specifically. I'm guessing checking in mid-week had alot to do with it too as you don't have the same turn over of rooms like on the weekends. We are planning on doing the free dining again this year (unless I cancel it) and again will be checking in on a Wedneday and departing on a Tuesday. We actually have the BB FD, so ours includes our stay at Pop, with the basic DDP, and only the 1 night ticket requirement (AP holders). Of course I'm also booked at AKV-Kidani in case I decide to cancel the FD package.

magpie889
06-14-2010, 07:26 AM
I never had that happen to me! I sure would love it to happen though!!!! They upgrade you to a better resort without charging you?! Thats AWESOME:)

DisneyWisher
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
the only reason Disney upgraded people was because the value resorts were sold out for FD. They wanted to get more people to book, and the best way to do that was to be able to open up value resort rooms for FD. With the poor economy, I would guess most people were willing to pay value prices, but balked at paying deluxe/villa prices. So, they upgraded people that had already booked at values, and opened up the bookings for FD at values that way. I don't think people booked at mods for FD were offered the upgrade. The idea was to open up the least expensive rooms. I don't know about the value resorts, but I know that CSR is still open for FD on labor day week. I keep checking because we are still considering going that week. If the values are not booked up yet, I don't think the upgrades will be offered. But, maybe I am wrong about all this and you will get the upgrade! That would be nice!

By the time Disney was offering the upgrades last year FD was no longer available. You had to book by June 22 (I think thats the correct date). The value resorts were booked for certain dates and Disney did want to open some rooms up. 2 or 3 yrs ago it was during Labor Day weekend when they were upgrading people. I honestly don't think they are getting the numbers they were expecting this year. Might have to do with QSDP for Values or that you have to buy a 2 day ticket. We don't need tickets since we have SPs that don't expire til November or January. My work schedule this year is not flexible, have to work 1 weekend day every week and my days off are not scheduled together so I'm not even sure I will be renewing using the GAD. Might just use it for FP and let the SP expire.

enchantingodin
06-16-2010, 02:20 AM
I got this pin last year too. But didn't get online soon enough and missed all the rooms for our dates. :/

I was trying to remember when it came out too. Thanks PP who said 7/23 - now marked on my calendar. :)

We are going 9/25-10/2 And it looks like the mods are pretty much sold out. But the values still have a ton of openings. Not sure if it's like that for other dates or not. But if the values are still open and the mods are the ones full this year I wouldn't count on getting an upgrade pin again. :(

DISNEYNY
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I got this pin last year too. But didn't get online soon enough and missed all the rooms for our dates. :/

I was trying to remember when it came out too. Thanks PP who said 7/23 - now marked on my calendar. :)

We are going 9/25-10/2 And it looks like the mods are pretty much sold out. But the values still have a ton of openings. Not sure if it's like that for other dates or not. But if the values are still open and the mods are the ones full this year I wouldn't count on getting an upgrade pin again. :(

Right...I'll bet people are upgrading to Mods this year so they can get the TS dining instead of the QSDP at the values-leaving more value rooms open. We had this upgrade from Music to SSR in 2007 and it was great!!! :goodvibes :cool1:

enchantingodin
06-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Right...I'll bet people are upgrading to Mods this year so they can get the TS dining instead of the QSDP at the values-leaving more value rooms open. We had this upgrade from Music to SSR in 2007 and it was great!!! :goodvibes :cool1:

Yes I agree that this is the reason. Wonder how many of them don't realize that you can upgrade their QS to DP at the values? I mean it WAS kinda brilliant on disney's part. The average park goer isn't on the dis. So I doubt most people realize this.

So this is good and bad for us value folks. It means our resorts won't be as packed, but also that I doubt we have the possibility of getting an upgrade.

kifuller4
06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
So was it only the people who had free dining that got the upgrade? I'm going down 8/14 and was just wondering if I should bother hoping for an upgrade.

catne
06-21-2010, 09:49 PM
So was it only the people who had free dining that got the upgrade? I'm going down 8/14 and was just wondering if I should bother hoping for an upgrade.

yes, it was just people booked into value resorts for free dining who got the email offer to upgrade to SSR or OKW. Apparently Disney wanted to free up more value rooms since they were booked up...by upgrading folks to more expensive resorts Disney then had more value rooms available for last-minute rack-rate bookings.

dclfun
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I have a stay booked at the end of Sept/into October. For now, all the value and mod resorts are available for our timeframe, hence a very low chance of an upgrade. We chose a value resort as I wanted QSDP for this trip and not having to worry about ADR's and a stricter schedule. I agree- in years past, upgrades were given to open up more rooms in the value resorts which were bursting at the seams!---Kathy

kifuller4
07-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I was reading on the wdwmagic site that some people from the UK are getting this offer from 9/3 to 10/2. The dream is still alive for some of you!

DISNEYNY
07-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Cool!! Hope they offer it to US folks too. :goodvibes

kifuller4
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I could only wish I would get an upgrade, but I check in before free dining, and I'm in the ASMu FS, so I'm thinking it won't be me.... but on the other hand, I'm paying for the DxDP, so maybe Disney will be nice to me :rolleyes1

williamson_ja
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I hope they do it, but I rather doubt it. My dates still have all value rooms still available for free dining. i can't imagine why they would upgrade us when there is plenty of space. We got a free upgrade to the 1 bedroom suites at SSR last year and just loved it!

kifuller4
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Someone from the UK posted their actual letter... they have to take advantage of it by 7/14/10 and it was only for those people staying in Mod hotels. I'm staying in the ASMu family suite, so we can't even fit in one of what they are offering... oh well... at least I'll be in Disney!:flower3:

dznyacct
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Last year Disney offered upgrades from value to deluxe(OKW/SSR) for the free dining dates. Anyone think there is a chance of them doing this again? I think it was the 2nd time they did it. here is a copy of the email from last year:

We're offering you a FREE upgrade from the Disney Value Resort you booked for your upcoming stay (between 8/21/09 and 10/3/09) to a studio room at: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (http://registration.disneyworld.com/P/v3/r.aspx?r=T1_Url0&e=1820%3B844910%3B502162945%3B10%3B02&a=1007)
Where Victorian architecture winds through enchanting parks, waterways and golf course views. OR Disney's Old Key West Resort (http://registration.disneyworld.com/P/v3/r.aspx?r=T1_Url1&e=1820%3B844910%3B502162945%3B10%3B02&a=1007)
Where the charm of a 1900s Key West-style resort meets the creature comforts of home. Upgrade and you'll be getting more of everything at no additional charge, including more space for your family and more in-room amenities. Plus, you'll be even closer to some amazing Disney golf and delicious Disney Dining! All just moments away from the Theme Parks.

To get your FREE upgrade, all you have to do is call. But hurry... the number of rooms available with this offer is limited! Payment of original reservations balance required. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable. Additional amounts will be due for any increase in length of stay or stays beyond 10/3/09. To get your FREE upgrade, call
407-939-7943
by 8/1/09

So wouldn't it be great if they did it again? :wizard:Just thinking out loud here;)

I am soooo hoping that they do this again this year. After two of my friends received the coveted e-mail :cloud9: I called WDW and asked (out of pure curiosity) how it was determined who received the offer. I was told it was some top secret marketing department program :cool2:. The CM I spoke to was very nice and we chatted for ~ 15 minutes. I told him that I was going to WDW for my birthday and thought it would be great if my friend and I were lucky enough to get the upgrade offer :rolleyes:. He put me on hold and then asked if there was any way we could change our travel dates. Unfortunately we couldn't. He told me if we could, he could give us a free upgrade to Saratoga Springs :wizard:. Sooooo close :scared1:. He promised to make a note in "my file". I'm crossing my fingers for our trip in September, but if nothing else, I hope some DISers get the offer :woohoo:.

kehlyrsmom
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
We were fortunate enough to get the upgrade in 07, my parents travel with us and we were both upgraded from All Star Movies to SSR. Last year my husband, kids and I were booked at POFQ and my parents at Pop Century and they got the free upgrade email to SSR Or OKW. Since we were traveling together the CM worked some magic and got the upgrade for us as well. So I doubt we will get it this year but you can always hope.

Disney is doing a good job at marketing by doing this as my husband and myself if we can figure out the finances are seriously considering buying into the vacation club based on our stays at SSR.

I was told it is basically a lottery of who gets picked for it. We have gone every year with our kids since 06 in 06 we went mid August but we have gone over Labor Day weekend every year since 07.

maroo
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM

407-939-7943
by 8/1/09

Don't count on it.

I just booked a room yesterday for FD for some friends for Labor Day weekend. They had "plenty" of rooms per the CM.

I was surprised and figured I would have to do an All Star room for them - but they even had plenty of rooms at the POP - which I thought usually filled up? As stressed as we were when the discount came out - I was surprised that I had no trouble getting a room for them.

So...I am betting there won't be so many in the rooms that they would have to send them out. - unless they are just overbooking and planning on sending some of the FD people to DVC properties no matter what?

I was one of the very, very fortunate people that got a 1 BR villa last year and it was :cloud9: so I hope it does happen to some more people this year!

nicki.momof3
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I really don't think that will happen this time. If it happens I think it will happen more at the moderates.

I think WDW solved the value resort problem by only offering quick service dining at values.

If anything I think more people will book moderates for FD this time.

mickey2000
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
No concern here ! I would rather stay at POP than go to OKW/SSR :laughing::laughing:

glitzybabes
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah, I think that if anyone gets the upgrade this year, it will be poeple that are book at the mods...CSR especially because only water view rooms are available during my time of travel.

Jillinwonderland
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Went during the last block of FD in Oct last year with my two cousins. We were booked for 3 nights at POFQ. We did the online check in 3 days prior to arrival and when we got to the resort the CM said "I'm sorry to inform you but you have been upgraded to the Yacht and Beach Club". I wont lie I had a tear in my eye. All my years of going to wdw and staying on property I never had the chance to stay at a deluxe. A moderate is a splurge for my family. We arrived at YC and were then upgraded again from a standard view to a deluxe water view! The view was breathtaking. Now I have been spoiled by deluxe and keep trying to convince the family it's well worth it.

kifuller4
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Just read on a different thread that the first week of free dining is sold out at the values (the dates were 8/14-8/21). I know this overlaps free dining, but I guess we'll just see what happens

DISNEYNY
07-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Cool. We are booked starting 8/15/10. We had the upgrade from Music to SSR in 07. I think I would only take the upgrade if I could get OKW. My DD & Dniece hated the pullout at SSR. We would want 2 real beds. I'm sure we won't be picked anyway - so it won't matter. LOL!!

williamson_ja
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Cool. We are booked starting 8/15/10. We had the upgrade from Music to SSR in 07. I think I would only take the upgrade if I could get OKW. My DD & Dniece hated the pullout at SSR. We would want 2 real beds. I'm sure we won't be picked anyway - so it won't matter. LOL!!

I'll only upgrade for a 1 bedroom suite. A regular room isn't worth it to me. The suites are very nice, though, eve if the other bed is a pull-out. Although we liked SSR last time, this time we would go for OKW. When we drove by OKW on our way to SSR for our last trip, I told the kids as we were passing that that resort was our other option when we were choosing upgrades. They all seemed to think that I chose wrong and wished that we had stayed at OKW. We'll see how it goes this time. :)

SlightlyGoofy
07-09-2010, 08:26 AM
No way would I want to stay at SSR even for a free upgrade. OKW has interested me a bit though.

If they upgrade me to POFQ now that would make me dance in the streets.:cheer2:

Not gonna happen. Luckily I like, no LOVE, Sports.

I hope you all get what you want though. I will wave as I drive by.

Slightly Goofy

arilvdc
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
If you've upgraded your dining plan to the deluxe from the regular, you will NOT get an upgrade, even if it is offered. On top of that, if you have the regular dining plan and do get an upgrade, you will also NOT be allowed to upgrade your dining after the fact. I learned that the hard way last year, and had to cancel half my dining reservations while at the resort. :(

annmarieda
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
If you've upgraded your dining plan to the deluxe from the regular, you will NOT get an upgrade, even if it is offered. On top of that, if you have the regular dining plan and do get an upgrade, you will also NOT be allowed to upgrade your dining after the fact. I learned that the hard way last year, and had to cancel half my dining reservations while at the resort. :(

It is the finally hot here..so my brain is kinda melting, so please forgive me. I am not quite understanding what you are saying. If you upgraded your ddp you are not eligible for an upgrade to a different resort during this fd promo?

Melissa R
07-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I had to call WDW yesterday with another question, and since I got a really nice, talkative CM on the phone, I thought I'd ask if he thought there was the possibility of upgrades happening this fall during free dining.

He was very sweet about it, but he told me that WDW has NEVER given out upgrades and NEVER will. He said that they only book as many rooms in a given category as there are rooms, and that then, they are just not available....that they would NEVER upgrade someone to open up more rooms.

I almost had to giggle because he was being polite but was so firm about how it has never been done and never would be done, but yet, I'm reading about a number of you who have received these offers.

disneychick0412
07-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I had to call WDW yesterday with another question, and since I got a really nice, talkative CM on the phone, I thought I'd ask if he thought there was the possibility of upgrades happening this fall during free dining.

He was very sweet about it, but he told me that WDW has NEVER given out upgrades and NEVER will. He said that they only book as many rooms in a given category as there are rooms, and that then, they are just not available....that they would NEVER upgrade someone to open up more rooms.

I almost had to giggle because he was being polite but was so firm about how it has never been done and never would be done, but yet, I'm reading about a number of you who have received these offers.

:rolleyes:
We got the upgrade last year, from ASMu to SSR (1 bedroom), and it was wonderful!! :cloud9: And knowing that we were paying value prices for it made it all the better!! :cheer2:

pepperw23
07-11-2010, 02:49 PM
No way would I want to stay at SSR even for a free upgrade. OKW has interested me a bit though.

Slightly Goofy

I hope everyone gets what they want too! I'm with you though. We are staying at CSR and to be honest SSR does not hold any appeal to us at all. They look too much like the average apartment complex here to me. I would feel too much like I am back home haha.

arilvdc
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
It is the finally hot here..so my brain is kinda melting, so please forgive me. I am not quite understanding what you are saying. If you upgraded your ddp you are not eligible for an upgrade to a different resort during this fd promo?

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Apparently, there's no "code" to upgrade someone who has already upgraded their package.

annmarieda
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Apparently, there's no "code" to upgrade someone who has already upgraded their package.

Ok, I see then. So...I won't hope for an upgrade to a different resort since I upgraded the ddp from quick service to regular. I think I am happiest staying where we are anyway since I have not stayed there yet.

STITCH826
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Here's hoping! Our dates are all booked for the values AND the moderates.:worship:

enchantingodin
07-12-2010, 02:30 PM

Well how about if you haven't upgraded your dinning and want to. Meaning you get an email to upgrade the resort, then you want to upgrade the DP after that...?

toddlermickey
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
We are staying POP for 10 nights and upgraded to Deluxe. We are also upgrading to Ap's Do you think we have a chance for an upgrade? It's just DH and I on our 36th wedding anniversary trip.

sylvia in MN

arilvdc
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Well how about if you haven't upgraded your dinning and want to. Meaning you get an email to upgrade the resort, then you want to upgrade the DP after that...?

Nope. That's what we tried to do, and the cast member just wasn't able to add the dining plan. The called every manager/supervisor/customer service person they could think of, and it couldn't be done. I wasn't the only person this happened to either.

annmarieda
07-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Nope. That's what we tried to do, and the cast member just wasn't able to add the dining plan. The called every manager/supervisor/customer service person they could think of, and it couldn't be done. I wasn't the only person this happened to either.

Ok, so I am thinking about this. If you are booked at a value...and have upgraded from qsdp to regular...and then get the email...couldn't you downgrade back to the qsdp before taking the offer in the email? Then wouldn't the villa have free regular dp? Or in the case of someone who had not upgraded their dp, if they were to accept the upgrade to a villa...wouldn't the upgrade include the upgraded dp since if they had booked that to begin with it would have been included? I guess I am confused. I know that one year we did get upgraded from Pop to Yacht club. At checkout, they showed a balance on the room. I just had to remind them that it was a complimentary upgrade and they reversed the charges. So I am not sure in that case that there was ever a code used.

enchantingodin
07-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Ok, so I am thinking about this. If you are booked at a value...and have upgraded from qsdp to regular...and then get the email...couldn't you downgrade back to the qsdp before taking the offer in the email? Then wouldn't the villa have free regular dp? Or in the case of someone who had not upgraded their dp, if they were to accept the upgrade to a villa...wouldn't the upgrade include the upgraded dp since if they had booked that to begin with it would have been included? I guess I am confused. I know that one year we did get upgraded from Pop to Yacht club. At checkout, they showed a balance on the room. I just had to remind them that it was a complimentary upgrade and they reversed the charges. So I am not sure in that case that there was ever a code used.

I too am wondering the same...

arilvdc
07-13-2010, 10:01 PM

I was told that if I had upgraded my DP, I wouldn't have received an email in the first place because the computers can't upgrade an upgrade. I don't know if the villa would have the regular DP because last year everyone got that, even the values, but I doubt it. You still pay the value price, but they ran out of space for you.:)

BTW, we didn't like SSR half as much as CSR. I wouldn't take an upgrade there this year even if they offered it.

edwards7701
07-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Oh it happeded!!!!! We did it last year and they even gave us the 1 bedroom suite......it was AWESOME, I am hoping to do it again this year too!

blessdmommy
07-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I disagree with arilvdc based on our experience because we were able to change our package after our upgrade from ASMo to OKW. No problem we just paid the difference in cost. We did it at the OKW desk the day we checked in and they didn't have any problem.

arilvdc
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I disagree with arilvdc based on our experience because we were able to change our package after our upgrade from ASMo to OKW. No problem we just paid the difference in cost. We did it at the OKW desk the day we checked in and they didn't have any problem.

That's really odd, maybe the cast member slipped you a little pixie dust as you're not allowed to upgrade your dining plan at check in, it has to be 72 hours before, 48 for DVC.

Elise79
07-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Some UK bookings for free dining have been upgraded from PO & CBR to SSR & OKW but they have had to keep the QSDP (which is what the UK gets for free dining at the mods - nothing at the values & DDP at deluxe).

Typical really now we own DVC and don't stay at the mods anymore...

Madformickey
07-18-2010, 10:20 PM
we had a large group last year but the would only upgrade 3 out of our 5 rooms. im hoping we get it this year!!!!

DizzyStitch
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I just checked to see if POP was sold out on my dates and it appears that it is. It would ne neat to get an upgrade but I am still happy as can be to be going to POP. This is my Dream Vacation this year since it will be for 2 weeks. Last time until the kids are older. I am holding out to take Grand kids someday:) Never let the Disney Dream die:)

DizzyStitch
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
What I really wanted was that discounted merchandise card that came out last year. Bummer!

DISNEYNY
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I just checked to see if POP was sold out on my dates and it appears that it is. It would ne neat to get an upgrade but I am still happy as can be to be going to POP. This is my Dream Vacation this year since it will be for 2 weeks. Last time until the kids are older. I am holding out to take Grand kids someday:) Never let the Disney Dream die:)

I just checked after reading this. It looks like all the values & mods are sold out for our trip starting on Aug 15. I'm dreaming of OKW...LOL!!! :rotfl2:

Missytara
07-19-2010, 01:27 PM

A lot of us got the same deal last year, when they extended the 4/3 deal - SSR or OKW. I got mine around August of last year.

I doubt you will see the 4/3 deal again.

mg10rb13
07-21-2010, 03:53 PM
My mom and I got the same upgrade last year. We were originally booked at All Star Sports and had the OKW or SSR pin. We chose to stay at OKW, and from reading the thread of all the people who were less than satisfied with SSR, I would be willing to be you would have been just as disapointed at OKW. We were not a fan of the hotel lay out at all. The bussing was horrible and between the food places to eat at and the gift store, it was nothing compared to the Value resorts.

*shurg* I can't say that if we were offered the upgrade again we'd take it (fat chance of that happening) but I'd agree with some and say that if anyone's getting upgrades, it'll be those booked at POFQ, POR, or CSR.

If anyone get's one please post up, because it'd be nice to hear what they are offereing this year if anything!!!!

SlightlyGoofy
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
mg10rb13, I used to think that I would like to stay at OKW, only resort I have not stayed at that looked interesting IMO. Last year when I read of the upgrades I checked out both SSR and OKW and discovered that while SSR was not a contender, neither was OKW.

I can only drive to two resorts and the bus service from either place did not get rave reviews and while OKW might be great if you were planning on fixing food in your room if you were there on the DP it did not offer much in the way of good food options.

Now, if they would like to upgrade POFQ to those resorts and then upgrade my Value room to a POFQ I would grab that in a hurry. :wizard:

Figure since I am not interested in an upgrade to the two previously mentioned resorts I will probably get one, that is the way my luck runs. :lmao:

There is something wrong with Disney planning when a Value is a better place to stay than a so called Deluxe. :confused3

I even remember when the Value bus stops were the first in the line at the bus stops. Loved that, while it lasted.

Slightly Goofy

mg10rb13
07-21-2010, 08:16 PM
mg10rb13, I used to think that I would like to stay at OKW, only resort I have not stayed at that looked interesting IMO. Last year when I read of the upgrades I checked out both SSR and OKW and discovered that while SSR was not a contender, neither was OKW.

I can only drive to two resorts and the bus service from either place did not get rave reviews and while OKW might be great if you were planning on fixing food in your room if you were there on the DP it did not offer much in the way of good food options.

Now, if they would like to upgrade POFQ to those resorts and then upgrade my Value room to a POFQ I would grab that in a hurry. :wizard:

Figure since I am not interested in an upgrade to the two previously mentioned resorts I will probably get one, that is the way my luck runs. :lmao:

There is something wrong with Disney planning when a Value is a better place to stay than a so called Deluxe. :confused3

I even remember when the Value bus stops were the first in the line at the bus stops. Loved that, while it lasted.

Slightly Goofy

My mom said the same thing. She said to me "Now if next year we ever were to get an upgrade I'd ask if we could downgrade to POFQ, or Riverside." We've stayed there once and loved it! She also wants to keep the QSDP only because the fact we get 2 snacks a day. The table service was good don't get me wrong but we are quick eaters and really are not at Disney for the food per-say. The desserts were more of a bonus than anything.

lustergirl
07-21-2010, 09:12 PM

Slightly Goofy

my thoughts exactly, but if it was the Poly or AKL I would jump in a heartbeat.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

2Tiggies
07-22-2010, 05:48 PM
FWIW the upgrades have been offered to randomly selected guests in the UK since a few weeks ago. The difference is that those who accept the upgrade DO NOT get the next level of Dining Plan. The offer in the UK has no FD for values, QSDP for mods and DDP for Deluxe resorts. But if you booked at a mod, you keep the QSDP unless you paid to upgrade.

kifuller4
07-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Just read on another thread where someone was upgraded from POR to OKW by receiving an email!!

edwards7701
07-23-2010, 08:11 AM
for this year??

kifuller4
07-23-2010, 08:16 AM
yup.

BebopBaloo
07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
The person on the other thread..are they in the U.S.?

kifuller4
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I tried looking at the profile, but they don't say where they are from.... I believe the screen name is "Boo :)"

kifuller4
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay, after looking and looking, it looks like the person is from the UK.... my bad :sad1:

BebopBaloo
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
no worries :flower3:

SlightlyGoofy
07-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey LusterGirl! How ya doing? Any chance of you being there when we are this year?

mg10rb13, we love the two snacks a day as well. I would rather eat a little here and a little there than a whole bunch at one time and love being able to get an overpriced drink if and when I feel like it.

Another reason for us preferring one resort over another is the fact that I have mobility issues and my husband just plain has 'issues' and he does better in a smaller, familiar environment and thus I have a better vacation experience.

And that is why Disney has so many choices. Of course, even more would be nice.:goodvibes

Slightly Goofy

edwards7701
07-27-2010, 10:18 PM
for those that got the upgrades last year, was your balance paid off??

Kat73
07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
for those that got the upgrades last year, was your balance paid off??

No, def not. The only thing I can figure is that I was one of the first folks to book Pop when the code for FD came out. I'd been watching every morning and on code release day I got up, called, and booked Pop with no prior reservation to have switched over. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but that was always my assumption.

MAYNARDS99
07-27-2010, 10:47 PM
The other half asked if we were going to be upgraded to SSR again this year.

My reply was, "I sure hope so!"

Come on Disney, send out that email!

edwards7701
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
No, def not. The only thing I can figure is that I was one of the first folks to book Pop when the code for FD came out. I'd been watching every morning and on code release day I got up, called, and booked Pop with no prior reservation to have switched over. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but that was always my assumption.

I actually just found my receipt, and my balance wasn't paid off either. I also booked early.

DISNEYNY
07-28-2010, 06:32 AM
I got the upgrade in 2007...mine wasn't paid off either. :goodvibes

mickey2000
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
SSR ???
Hope NOT, would rather be at POP .............
IMO its not an upgrade...........just because it cost more and is suppose to have better rooms !

leahjade
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I just checked after reading this. It looks like all the values & mods are sold out for our trip starting on Aug 15.

Oh, that scares me! That's the week we are at WDW - sounds like it will be super CROWDED!

mg10rb13
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh, that scares me! That's the week we are at WDW - sounds like it will be super CROWDED!

I have no idea when your trip is planned, but my mother and I are booked for Sept. 3rd-9th and all value/mod resorts have rooms available and at both prefered and standard rooms. I think the first couple weeks of the dining are so booked b/c families are trying to squeeze in last minute summer trips before the kids go back to school.

williamson_ja
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
My week (Sept. 11-18) has quite a bit of availability on both mod and value as well. Usually the values sell out so quickly with free dining. I think this is the most late availability I have ever seen. I'm not too worried about it being overly crowded compared to years past.

BebopBaloo
07-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree, September is looking so open that it's kind of exciting in the way of having less crowds! (Well, it's exciting b/c it's vacation too.. ;))

MAYNARDS99
07-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes SSR!

We went from a standard room at ASMu to a one bedroom villa. Had a great lakeside view and the bus stop was just across the street.

arilvdc
07-28-2010, 10:45 PM

I wouldn't worry- my resort CSR is "sold out" except for king rooms according to disney- but it's only for free dining. If you search the website for the same dates with no free dining they still have standard rooms available, and it's less than three weeks til our trip.

cat83
07-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Also, having fuller resorts doesn't necessarily mean busier parks.
It often means that those who would have stayed offsite are now staying onsite because of a discount. They would have been in the parks either way.

So no need to worry yet if it looks like there are few rooms left :goodvibes

SlightlyGoofy
07-29-2010, 08:25 AM
cat83, your comment about folks staying on site not necessarily meaning that the parks would be fuller is something I had never thought of.

Now that is why I am for civil discourse. More of it would elevate the intelligence of all concerned.

Thanks, Slightly Goofy

leahjade
07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
When I tried week of 8/15-8/22 ALL values and Mods were sold out - not for free dining but for ALL rooms. That worries me know - I have nightmares of 2 hour waits for rides and restaurants!

disneynan
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
How do you find out how many rooms are still available at your resort during your travel week? Are you calling reservations and asking? :confused3

disneynan
07-29-2010, 10:57 AM
I recently got some paperwork regarding our upcoming trip that says we can now check-in on-line prior to our arrival. I can't remember doing this before so am wondering if it is new. Do any of you folks who got the upgrade last year have an opinion as to whether our chances for an upgrade would be better with checking in on-line or waiting until we get to the resort?

kifuller4
07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
When I tried week of 8/15-8/22 ALL values and Mods were sold out - not for free dining but for ALL rooms. That worries me know - I have nightmares of 2 hour waits for rides and restaurants!

I noticed this also. I'm just going to go and have fun. I've had my ADR's for months now. I'm in Disney, I'm just going to enjoy it!

leahjade
07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
How do you find out how many rooms are still available at your resort during your travel week

online reservations shows every Mod & Value filled for 8/15-8/22. That's a lot of people in line at once!

enchantingodin
07-29-2010, 12:54 PM
People people. Calm down. The parks will not, I repeat NOT be packed. This will be our 4 year going the week on 9/25-10/2. Not once have we waited more than 30 minutes for ANY ride. Well except TSM - which we got FPs for.

That being said I HAVE waited over 45 minutes to get our table for a scheduled ADR. This was last year at Chef Mickey's for dinner and we were a party of 5, normally only 4. My mom came with us. Most other times were around 20 minutes. However I am hoping that this year will be better because the Values will only have the QSDP. And I'd guess the average non-Diser guest doesn't know that they can upgrade their plan.

So anyway, just because FD is "sold out" this doesn't mean the resort is. They do these things in blocks of rooms. I would guess that not even 25%, prolly closer to 10%, of the rooms for any given resort are actually FD rooms.

Don't stress. It'll be ok. Your family will go and have a blast. ;)

leahjade
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE][People people. Calm down. The parks will not, I repeat NOT be packed. This will be our 4 year going the week on 9/25-10/2. Not once have we waited more than 30 minutes for ANY ride. Well except TSM - which we got FPs for.
/QUOTE]

9/25 is probably a lot less full than 8/25!

arilvdc
07-29-2010, 03:05 PM

You have to remember that just because 8/15 is sold out, it does NOT mean the whole week is sold out. I see plenty of availability that week. Also, if you check free dining first and then go to the home page to check a regular offer, you're still searching under free dining. you have to completely leave the page to get rid of the free dining offer.

enchantingodin
07-29-2010, 11:45 PM
9/25 is probably a lot less full than 8/25!

FD has "sold out" for my week every year... And no huge lines to be found.

Have3Kids&aHusband
07-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Don't worry. I have gone plenty of times when there were great discounts. The parks were fine. The only time we had a problem & didn't get any special offers was when we went during 4th of July. Only 4th of July was a nightmare. The 2 days before & the 4 days after were all fine. Plus you're at Disney.

cart-mom
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Wondering myself about the possibility of an upgrade. Never had one but would be so happy to get some pixie dust sprinkled my way. I'm thinking it probably won't happen since there are 6 of us with two rooms. Would I be a bad person if I asked ? I thought I would call to upgrade our tickets with PH and surprise my family with it when we get there.

And FYI - we go the same time every year - this year it's 8/28-9/4 and the only time we usually encounter a crowd is that first weekend (and even that isn't a bad crowd). By Monday mostly everyone is gone and the parks are ours to enjoy with minimal lines (except TSM). Especially since the schools up here are starting to go back earlier and earlier every year.

mg10rb13
08-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Wondering myself about the possibility of an upgrade. Never had one but would be so happy to get some pixie dust sprinkled my way. I'm thinking it probably won't happen since there are 6 of us with two rooms. Would I be a bad person if I asked ? I thought I would call to upgrade our tickets with PH and surprise my family with it when we get there.

And FYI - we go the same time every year - this year it's 8/28-9/4 and the only time we usually encounter a crowd is that first weekend (and even that isn't a bad crowd). By Monday mostly everyone is gone and the parks are ours to enjoy with minimal lines (except TSM). Especially since the schools up here are starting to go back earlier and earlier every year.

My mom and I went the exact same dates as you last year! We pushed it back a few days this year and are going the 3rd-10th. Last year we walked onto pretty much everything! Except TSM, so you should have no problems. :)

leahjade
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Seems lot there will be a lot of disappointed people when they get to WDW and aren't upgraded! There's no way Disney is going to put all these people in a deluxe hotel!

mg10rb13
08-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Seems lot there will be a lot of disappointed people when they get to WDW and aren't upgraded! There's no way Disney is going to put all these people in a deluxe hotel!

I just wanna hear about someone getting any upgrade this year to see what kinds of hotels they are upgrading people to. If they are keeping it at OKW/SPR like last year or if they are doing different resorts. A few years back my uncle got the choice of Boardwalk or Carrib. Beach Resort. I already know the chance of us getting an upgrade is next to nowhere so I'm waiting for the post where someone does get a pin upgrade.

enchantingodin
08-01-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen this year... :sad1:

I mean think about it. It's already August. I assume that the reason Disney offered the upgrade pin in the first place was to free up some rooms for people who were still wanting to book. But FD starts in 2 weeks... I know not everyone out there is like us Disers. But I would assume most people plan at least a month in advance for a vacation. **sigh**

Hopefully I'm totally wrong though. :upsidedow

mg10rb13
08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen this year... :sad1:

I mean think about it. It's already August. I assume that the reason Disney offered the upgrade pin in the first place was to free up some rooms for people who were still wanting to book. But FD starts in 2 weeks... I know not everyone out there is like us Disers. But I would assume most people plan at least a month in advance for a vacation. **sigh**

Hopefully I'm totally wrong though. :upsidedow

I'm starting to think that too. Maybe they pushed the potential upgrades until the 2nd round of FD, the just added dates. Who knows, Disney could have done a pretty good job by solving the FD plan QSDP vs. DDP where they don't need to be doing that anymore, except for maybe a rare occasion.

Have3Kids&aHusband
08-02-2010, 06:20 AM
I haven't been upgraded to a different resort. But when we check in we're always upgraded from standard to woods views. Also, if you're considering upgrading to a PH, I would recommend it if you're staying for more than 4 days. We always end up going to two parks a day when we stay 6-7 days. On the day we go to AK, we always go to another park in the evening. Enjoy your trip in a few weeks:)

DaniB
08-02-2010, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't worry- my resort CSR is "sold out" except for king rooms according to disney- but it's only for free dining. If you search the website for the same dates with no free dining they still have standard rooms available, and it's less than three weeks til our trip.

Looks like CSR is sold out for standard rooms during our stay in September. We are there with FD as well, but I was searching (without using the free dining) as I wanted to add 2 days. The cheapest rooms that kept coming up were "waterviews".

Luckily when I phoned my TA, she was able to get 2 extra days added for us!

DISNEYNY
08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I leave next Friday. Doesn't look like I'm getting an upgrade...LOL!!!! Still no word on anybody getting upgrades??? :goodvibes

edwards7701
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Nothing on my end. I did call and pay off my balance and the rep was very chatty and asked where all we'd stayed before. I mentioned the free upgrade last year and she said - oh how nice; maybe they'll do that again this year??? I'm still hoping for some pixie dust.....:tinker:

n2mm
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Not going to happen. With the extension of FD throughout the fall now, more folks were able to spread out their vacations over a longer span of time instead of everyone grouped into 6 weeks like in the past. I booked Pop and am expecting to be staying at Pop, but at least I got the basic DDP free and only had to buy a 1 day ticket because I booked mine as a BB last year.

edwards7701
08-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Not going to happen. With the extension of FD throughout the fall now, more folks were able to spread out their vacations over a longer span of time instead of everyone grouped into 6 weeks like in the past. I booked Pop and am expecting to be staying at Pop, but at least I got the basic DDP free and only had to buy a 1 day ticket because I booked mine as a BB last year.

I couldn't book value after staying at Saratoga last year..so we decided on the moderate......we'll give it a try this year!

n2mm
08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I couldn't book value after staying at Saratoga last year..so we decided on the moderate......we'll give it a try this year!

I'm sure that's what Disney wants you to do. We are DVC members and have enough points to visit 8-10 weeks a year (and we do a pretty good job at doing that). We decided to keep our FD reservation and not use our DVC points (which we'll save for another trip--I actually booked the AKV-Kidani, and still need to call and cancel that). Since we have the old FD plan of basic FD (not QS) and only had to buy the 1 day ticket (instead of 2 day--we are AP holders too) we decided to keep it and do this for the very last time. 4 weeks after we get home we head back and will be in a 2 bedroom at BLT for 4 nights, then a 3 day cruise, and end with 5 nights at BCV, so I think I can handle 6 nights at Pop.

DJFan88
08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I had not thought about this happenning before. Now, I have a question in my head of what would I do? We are booked at CSR, but if I got there, and they said hey, free upgrade to SS, should I do it? You probably have to decide then and there. Is that resort nicer than CSR? We've only stayed at CBR before. You've given me something to think about.

edwards7701
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I had not thought about this happenning before. Now, I have a question in my head of what would I do? We are booked at CSR, but if I got there, and they said hey, free upgrade to SS, should I do it? You probably have to decide then and there. Is that resort nicer than CSR? We've only stayed at CBR before. You've given me something to think about.

We personally love it! There is 714 square feet with a master suite, living room, fully equipped kitchen, and private porch or balcony. The master suite has a king-size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a seperate bathroom with a large shower additional sink and private toilet. There is a fully equipped kitchen that includes a coffee maker, dinnerware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher. There is a stack-style washer and dryer, color cable television with DVD player in living room, queen-size sleeper sofa in living room and a private balcony or porch.

DJFan88
08-06-2010, 02:14 PM
We personally love it! There is 714 square feet with a master suite, living room, fully equipped kitchen, and private porch or balcony. The master suite has a king-size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a seperate bathroom with a large shower additional sink and private toilet. There is a fully equipped kitchen that includes a coffee maker, dinnerware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher. There is a stack-style washer and dryer, color cable television with DVD player in living room, queen-size sleeper sofa in living room and a private balcony or porch.

I wonder if that is the room you would get if they upgraded you. I mean, is that their "worst" room? Or is that one of the middle of better ones? Studio, I suppose is the lowest price one. All that above certainly does sound great.

edwards7701
08-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I wonder if that is the room you would get if they upgraded you. I mean, is that their "worst" room? Or is that one of the middle of better ones? Studio, I suppose is the lowest price one. All that above certainly does sound great.

the email offer we got stated for a studio, I had seen on here that people were getting the one bedroom villa, so I asked and got it. If you are offered an upgrade to a studio, I would ask for the 1 bedroom villa. The SSR resort was very vacant when we were there last September. They had LOTS of rooms that needed filling.

arilvdc
08-06-2010, 08:44 PM

The studio room at SSR is bigger than the room at CSR, but not nearly as nice. We spent a week at CSR before our FD upgrade to SSR, and if they offered it this year I wouldn't take it. We VASTLY preferred CSR. The beds at CSR are like heaven...the rooms are beautiful. SSR is HUGE, and it was a PITA to walk from our room to the main area to get soda or food. We had to walk along a few interior roads as well. The balcony was tiny and because it was shaded it never really was dry after the afternoon rain. We liked having a dvd player and free movies, but we were there for 16 days- by the end of our trip we were really bored at night.

However, if they offered us a 1 bedroom I would probably take it, as I would love that jetted tub in the master bath.

Also, I just checked WDW reservation service and CSR is completely available my week. :)

edwards7701
08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
The studio room at SSR is bigger than the room at CSR, but not nearly as nice. We spent a week at CSR before our FD upgrade to SSR, and if they offered it this year I wouldn't take it. We VASTLY preferred CSR. The beds at CSR are like heaven...the rooms are beautiful. SSR is HUGE, and it was a PITA to walk from our room to the main area to get soda or food. We had to walk along a few interior roads as well. The balcony was tiny and because it was shaded it never really was dry after the afternoon rain. We liked having a dvd player and free movies, but we were there for 16 days- by the end of our trip we were really bored at night.

However, if they offered us a 1 bedroom I would probably take it, as I would love that jetted tub in the master bath.

Also, I just checked WDW reservation service and CSR is completely available my week. :)

Our room was right by the main building, bus stop and pool, I wouldn't like the long walks either!

LMDisneygirl
08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Someone posted that they were upgraded from Pop to CR for mid August. Search for her thread titled "Upgraded".

Wow!!!

edwards7701
08-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Someone posted that they were upgraded from Pop to CR for mid August. Search for her thread titled "Upgraded".

Wow!!!

That's one heck of an upgrade!:worship:

n2mm
08-08-2010, 05:52 AM
I saw that post too.

SlightlyGoofy
08-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Did anyone notice if they had a high post count or were someone that is known round these parts? :goodvibes

I still prefer Sports to CR so you guys can have my spot. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

Danislee
08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
In reference to the upgrade last year, I may have misunderstood, but someone mentioned they had trouble upgrading their dining when they accepted the free upgrade to SSR or OKW. Last year, for our honeymoon my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the offer of an email upgrade pin to SSR. We accepted it and were allowed to upgrade our dining to the 1TS, 1CS, and 1S plan. We did all of this on the phone. The only stipulation was we had to pay our balance while we were on the phone, which we did. If that's not what your issue was I'm sorry.

Also, I did enjoy the SSR resort. We received the upgrade to the 1BR Villa. Our room was also accessible (for my wheelchair.) I really enjoyed having the laundry right there, very nice to not have to do that when we got home. I also enjoyed the tub, I only used it once, I hate wasting water. Usually at home I only use our tub if I'm sore so I indulged a little. The bedroom was very nice. After sharing a room in the various value rooms with 3 siblings, all of the space was a little overwhelming, in a nice way.

arilvdc
08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
In reference to the upgrade last year, I may have misunderstood, but someone mentioned they had trouble upgrading their dining when they accepted the free upgrade to SSR or OKW. Last year, for our honeymoon my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the offer of an email upgrade pin to SSR. We accepted it and were allowed to upgrade our dining to the 1TS, 1CS, and 1S plan. We did all of this on the phone. The only stipulation was we had to pay our balance while we were on the phone, which we did. If that's not what your issue was I'm sorry.

Also, I did enjoy the SSR resort. We received the upgrade to the 1BR Villa. Our room was also accessible (for my wheelchair.) I really enjoyed having the laundry right there, very nice to not have to do that when we got home. I also enjoyed the tub, I only used it once, I hate wasting water. Usually at home I only use our tub if I'm sore so I indulged a little. The bedroom was very nice. After sharing a room in the various value rooms with 3 siblings, all of the space was a little overwhelming, in a nice way.

Most of the people who recieved the upgrade were free diners, and already had the regular dining plan. There was a code to have the regular plan and the upgrade, which is probably why you had no problem. The issue we all had was upgrading to the deluxe plan, as it just wasn't possible in the computers...I called and spent a few hours talking to many people to try and make it happen.

RebeccaB
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
We were upgraded last year from Pop to OKW. We had two rooms, and I was nervous they wouldn't upgrade both of us. No probs. No probs w our dining either. We absolutely loved OKW and now are spoiled for life...hehee..probably no values for us if we can afford it. One of the drs I worked for said they were offered an upgrade upon arrival one year, from a value to either OKW or SSR and they denied...:confused3...he said only after they visited the other resorts were they sorry they didn't upgrade lol....

maroo
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I was upgraded last year from POP to OKW 1 BR villa. It was awesome!!!

But last year those emails went out around July 23rd....So I would not expect them this year, since that window has long passed.

Pumba's Truth
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
OK from what I have read, and what I am hearing.

The only upgrades that are given out are from a Value resort to a Deluxe. Hmm, kinda sucks for those of us already staying at Mods. :confused3

Mind you I can understand Disney's logic here, more folks can afford a Value than a Mod, so free up the Value.

Once you've stayed at a Deluxe, if it's your thing of course, you probably wont want to go back a Value resort. By doing this Disney has now created a Moderate to Deluxe guest for the future. Sneaky.

Ugh, still though, there may be upgrades with in the resorts for those of us staying at Mods.

Please, if there is someone with an experience of being upgraded from Mod to Deluxe, please share!?:worship: