PDA

View Full Version : Too. Much. Food. Our Anniversary DxDDP Reviews**Completed!! With drinks and snacks**

princessallegra
06-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Hey everyone!! We are back, and had just the most magical trip ever!! It was great! I am going to be pretty much banging out my dining reviews as quickly and efficiently as possible, in order to start my in depth full TR. I wanted to do these dining reviews so that I could help as many people as I could, since so many other reviews were so helpful to me.

For those who followed my PTR, we did end up making a couple of changes in our ADRs at the last minute. Plans do tend to change at the last minute, as we all know, and we are a go-with-the-flow type of couple:thumbsup2

We didn't take a million pictures of the food, but there will be some pics along the way of certain plates we loved. We were just trying our best to enjoy our meals and time together, and get back out to the parks! We had some really outstanding meals on this trip, and we actually had the amazing pleasure of being served by THE best server of all time at one meal. There were some hits and misses along the way, but we shall get into that soon enough! :goodvibes:goodvibes

The restaurants I will be reviewing are:

Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch)
California Grill (dinner)
Les Chefs de France (lunch)
Narcoossee's (dinner)
Raglan Road (lunch)
Artist Point (dinner)
Yak and Yeti (lunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
50s Prime Time Cafe (lunch)
Narcoossee's (dinner)

There was even room for some snacks along the way (not really, but somehow we tried a few), and there was PLENTY of room for cocktails!!! :rotfl:

I'll start you guys off with some pics of our arrival!

Below is everyone's favorite sign!!!!!! :lovestruc

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip010-1.jpg

Say Mickey!!!!! (please excuse DH's scruffy beard. He finally shaved for our dinner that night:sad2:)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip011-1.jpg

What we encountered upon entering our room!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip015-1.jpg

What was the beginning of our collection of desserts, some only to be eaten upon arrival back in NY!!!:rotfl: Does anyone see any Mickey's in this pic?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip017-1.jpg

Linda67
06-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Yay you are back
So happy that you had such a great time and can't wait to heat all about it

msnwithers
06-12-2010, 07:18 AM
I am especially excited about hearing about California Grill and Yak & Yeti. We're trying those for the first time in September!!!:thumbsup2

Leshaface
06-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes!! I found you and i'm here to stay!!!

Sooo looking forward to hear about all the restaurants you ate at! Especially WCC, Y&Y, and 50's...have ALWAYS wanted to try those places, so I can't wait to hear what you think about them..

Bring on the cocktails! :lmao:

02AggieGirl
06-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm in! Can't wait to hear your reviews!

vettegirl
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Can't wait to hear what you thought about the Cali Grill and Narccoosses.

DisGirl81
06-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Can't wait to read your reviews!

Hopefully this will help me with a few I am on the fence about for my upcoming trip!

TigerKat
06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2

Pooh&OurHunny
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Joining In...can't wait to read yummy reviews.popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

scanne
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Hope it was extra magical...

airhead
06-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Glad you had a good time!

Symans3honeybees
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I cannot wait to read the rest of your review!! You 2 are so cute together :lovestruc

iloveeeyore
06-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Really looking forward to reading more! That is an adorable photo of the two of you. Welcome back!

princessallegra
06-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe-lunch

Originally our ADR was for 1:45 pm. Our flight landed early, and ME was smooth and quick, and we were at our hotel by 11:30 am, to find our room ready for us! We walked out onto our balcony and looked down to a maintenance area and murky bog. Then we looked up and saw...THE CASTLE! SPACE MOUNTAIN! THE MONORAIL PASSED BY! THE CONTEMP! And we never looked down again :rotfl: :thumbsup2 We also found out upon checking our park tickets from last year (we made them non-expiration since I was so sick and we had used one park day) we had an extra day on there! Pixie dust! We were able to go to MK that day instead of exploring the resort! So we decided to try and see if we could have lunch immediately and head over to MK. The CM's at the front podium were happy to seat us right away, at around 12:15 pm.

Server: Jeffro
Jeffro was funny and also good server. For those of you not familiar with WCC, there's quite a bit of hootin' and hollerin' that goes on at breakfast and dinner, but lunch is pretty quiet. We did have the pleasure of having Wendy aka Hickory serve the table next to us. She's been there for years, and plays her role at every meal to the max. She is super funny and came by to admire my Snow White tattoo. We hit it off because we're both blond, and that can give us some trouble sometimes :rotfl: We did take a couple of pics of the food, and Jeffro made sure to make it a point to the tables around us that the way they spot tourists in NY (where we're from) is when they look up at the skyscrapers...And the way they spot tourists in WDW is when they take pictures of their food! :rotfl: Jeffro explained the deluxe dining plan to us, and also made some great suggestions on the menu. He took care of us in a timely and courteous manner, and also managed to throw in some funny humor along the way.

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. DH and I started off by sharing the BBQ Pork Spring Roll and Fish Cake appetizer for 2. I thought both of these appetizers were delicious. The fish cake was actual pieces of salmon and herbs and was super yummy. The BBQ pork spring roll came with a really yummy bbq dipping sauce, and were crisp and delicious.

You can see the yummy spring rolls, and the remnants of my fishcake. I had already attacked it while poor DH was trying to snap the plate! :rotfl:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip019-1.jpg

For our main course DH had the Pulled Pork Sandwich which he loved. The beans it came with were just ok, and the fries were just ok as well. I had the turkey sandwich with blue cheese mayo, tomato and lettuce on multigrain bread. It was yummy but I only had a few bites. The bread was buttered and grilled, which was an extra yummy surprise.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip021.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip024.jpg

We had our desserts packed up to go, because we were too full to even try them. I got the smores cheesecake and DH got the chocolate cake. We should have gotten two cheesecakes! We didn't end up trying it until Monday night, but MAN it was sooooo good! Delicious!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip025-1.jpg

Overall Experience: We had a great experience from walking in. We were seated way before our ADR time, our server was good, we got to interact with Hickory, and the food was good. It's not fine dining, so don't expect that, but it is good food.

Would we return: Yes, if we were staying at WL for sure. It's very convenient for lunch if you're staying there. However I've done breakfast there, and we HEARD dinner down there from the 7th floor club level lounge :eek: , so I would say we would not do either of those meals there. Too loud, too many crazy antics!

vinotinto
06-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Twice to Narcoossee? I think that was achange from your original plan! Looking forward to all the reviews.

dznyacct
06-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Looking forward to the rest of your report :). I really enjoyed your pre-trip/food report popcorn::. My friends and I are going to WDW for my birthday in September (our 4th trip for my birthday :dance3:) and will be trying California Grill and Narcoossees for the first time. Can't wait to read your reviews on them :woohoo:.

Leshaface
06-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Great job on your first review!

Your sandwich looks bomby!!! ;)

I had my hair blonde for several months at one point a couple years ago....trouble was definitely in order with blondes so back I went with my original color! :rotfl:

And that chocolate cake looks ah-mazing!!!! Drool....

scanne
06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Awesome start! I just saw a picture in another review of 15 ketchup bottles on someone's table at WCC. We haven't been there in years and will only go if we're staying at WL.

Can't wait for the rest. :thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Twice to Narcoossee? I think that was achange from your original plan! Looking forward to all the reviews.

Yes! I did note in the intro that we made a few last minute changes to our plans. :goodvibes (That always seems to happen with us!)

princessallegra
06-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Looking forward to the rest of your report :). I really enjoyed your pre-trip/food report popcorn::. My friends and I are going to WDW for my birthday in September (our 4th trip for my birthday :dance3:) and will be trying California Grill and Narcoossees for the first time. Can't wait to read your reviews on them :woohoo:.

You won't be disappointed!! We loved them both!!

Great job on your first review!

Your sandwich looks bomby!!! ;)

I had my hair blonde for several months at one point a couple years ago....trouble was definitely in order with blondes so back I went with my original color! :rotfl:

And that chocolate cake looks ah-mazing!!!! Drool....

They were all yums! The cake was Kahlua cake though, and not as yummy as one would think.

Awesome start! I just saw a picture in another review of 15 ketchup bottles on someone's table at WCC. We haven't been there in years and will only go if we're staying at WL.

Can't wait for the rest. :thumbsup2

Omg, the ketchup was insane!!! We could hear the call for ketchup from the 7th floor CL lounge!!!! :eek:

TigerKat
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Great start! Sounds like y'all had an amazing view from your room, that is, when not looking down.:thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM
California Grill-Dinner

Our ADR was for 9:10 pm, with the preview of Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular at 10 pm. We arrived (after drinking our way around the monorail :thumbsup2 ) at 9 pm, and were seated at around 9:15 pm.

Us on the boat to the Contemp!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip041-1.jpg

Server: Jose. Jose was attentive and cordial. He asked us if we wanted to watch the fireworks from the viewing area or from our table, and we said from our table. We were sooo tired by that point (having been up since 4:45 am) and didn't want to budge! I should add We were not impressed with the fireworks that night. We soon learned that the best place to experience SNTFS is definitely near the castle in MK. WOW! Anyhoo back to our dinner :)

Food: For drinks I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Tempura Malibu Roll, and DH had the Spicy Kazan Roll for our appetizers. Both were really good, but I thought mine was better. We honestly ate like 2 pieces of sushi each. We were so tired, and couldn't really manage to eat a lot. I would highly recommend the Tempura Malibu Roll to anyone wanting a great roll at Cali Grill.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip060.jpg

For our main courses, I had the Oak Fired Filet with Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus, and DH had the Pork Tenderloin no mushrooms, but it came out with mushrooms. Not a big deal. Both entrees were delicious! DH barely touched his, he just couldn't eat too much. I ate most of my filet, medium rare, and it was delicious. The loaded mashed potatoes were good, but I realized I'm not a fan of the bacon flavor and chunks of chewy bacon in them. The asparagus were delicious and I ate all of them.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip063.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip065.jpg

Now dessert was a surprise. I had ordered two miniature wedding cakes after seeing them on the Cake Chatter thread. One was all vanilla-vanilla cake, filling, and buttercream icing. The other one was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling and icing. They had little Mickey heads piped all over them. I was nervous about how this was going to work, because I hadn't had a chance to speak to Jose in private. Luckily DH got up to go to the bathroom and I was able to discuss quickly with him how we would fool DH. DH and I were going to share a dessert, the bananas and caramel. Jose would bring out the bananas and caramel AND the two little cakes and surprise him. So when DH returned from the bathroom, we ordered our dessert to share and then waited. We ended up waiting quite a bit for the desserts to come out, but in the end it was well worth it! DH was so surprised! He actually thought the cakes were for someone else! :rotfl: Jose came over and placed the bananas and caramel down, and then DH noticed the two little cakes on his tray. He said "Oh look at these miniature wedding cakes, how cute!" and then Jose proceeded to place them on the table while I grinned. It took him a minute to figure it out! The cakes were yummmm but the bananas and caramel were the ultimate!! The vanilla cake was more moist and yummy than the chocolate cake. That one was a little dry unfortunately. But we only ate a bit and had them box up the rest. You'll see from the pics that we ate around the back lol. Jose also brought us two complimentary glasses of champagne, which was a lovely touch. :goodvibes

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip070.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip069.jpg

Overall Experience: Great as usual! We love Cali Grill, and have never had a bad experience here. The food is exceptional, the view is just breathtaking, and the wine selection (even though we didn't try any this time) is really extensive.

Would we return: Definitely! We love this place!

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Les Chefs de France-Lunch

Our ADR was for 12 pm, right when the restaurant opens. We checked in about 15 minutes before, since there was already a big line of people that were checked in and waiting. I was happy to get to use my French, which I rarely get to practice. I don't remember the name of the young woman who checked us in, but she had a dark bob with bangs and was very happy to learn I spoke French! We were seated just a few minutes after 12, right by the window.

Server: Anthony
Anthony was super cute! I have to say that I never really believed how true it was that virtually ALL the waiters at Les Chefs are super cute!!!!!!! Like, it's puzzling!!!! Poor DH :rotfl: I definitely had my share of eye candy! I tried to practice with Anthony as best I could. I even asked him at one point in French, what was going on with Remy?! He thought for a second then remembered, Zut! C'est Dimanche! On a pas Remy les Dimanches!! In English that means Remy does not appear on Sundays! Boo! But alas we got over it. We had just met Belle, after all, and DH was still a little woozy! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Anthony was a good server the entire meal. We were very happy with his service :thumbsup2

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Bisque de Homard (Lobster Bisque) and DH had the Assiette de Fromages. Both were To. Die. For. The lobster bisque had soft, melty bits of fresh lobster, and the creamiest bisque you could imagine. Sooo good! The best cheese in DH's platter was by far the goat cheese. We could have eaten a whole plate of that!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip094-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip095-1.jpg

For main courses I had the Quiche Lorraine with Salade, and DH had the Croque Monsieur with Salade. My quiche was good, a little runny in the middle. My favorite part were the bits of ham in the quiche. They were chunky and meaty and flavorful. I also ate all my salade. DH didn't like his Croque Monsieur. I wasn't a fan either. It was really mushy and overly cheesy. The croques I have had in France are much crispier, thinner sandwiches. I knew this one wasn't going to be thin, but I did expect a much crustier or crunchier crust. By this point DH was stuffed!

For desserts he ordered the sorbets, which were all delicious. Fresh strawberry, coconut and pineapple, with lots of fresh berries to garnish. I had the creme brulee which was Verrrrrry rich and tasted like pure cream almost. It was huge! I took one bite, and couldn't take another. It was really too rich for my taste, and the custard wasn't flavored very well, just tasted like pure cream. I shared DH's sorbets, and concurred the strawberry was my favorite, and the coconut tasted exactly like sunscreen :rotfl: DH just rolled his eyes at me! :laughing:

Overall Experience: Great! Thanks to our amazing window seats we were able to watch the balancing act show perfectly! It was great! The food was also very good, even though DH wasn't thrilled with his sandwich, it wasn't bad by any means. We liked the ambiance, and found the service to be great.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip097.jpg

Would we return: Yes! We would definitely return for lunch again. We would try to come during the week when Remy is there though :)

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Narcoossee's-Dinner **BEST DINNER OF THE TRIP**

We had a 7:10 pm ADR, and arrived about 10 minutes early to check in. We met up with my Dis-buddy Joanne (iheartpluto) and her DH Eric who were also waiting to be seated. It was there 1 year anniversary! After dinner we would attack the MK as a foursome!!! But for now, let's get seated people! Jo and Eric were seated first, then minutes later we were as well. We were led to a gorgeous window table (4 top) overlooking the lagoon and the Castle! It was amazing. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant right away. It had a yacht club type vibe, like a traditional seafood place back home in NY.

Server: Nelson
Nelson was the best server we have ever had, anywhere. He was simply the best server of all time. He was amazingly friendly, beyond attentive (without being intrusive or overbearing), sprinkled some pixie dust our way by giving us Mickey straws with our sodas, and just basically made our meal unforgettable. He even took a picture of us, which was really nice :) We were so happy with his service we tipped him like 33% or something. He really deserved every penny. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. We also both had Agave Nectar Margaritas, which were becoming our signature drink lol. SO good. For our appetizers, I had the Shrimp and Crab Chowder which was DELICIOUS! I ate every bite. DH had the Duck and Lentil roll, which he loved and raved about.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip103-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip111-1.jpg

For our main courses I had the whole Maine lobster, steamed and halved. DH had the filet medium rare with the Choron sauce on the side. Both our meals came with asparagus and potato gratin. My lobster was to die for. It was huge, first of all, almost 2 lbs! I couldn't finish the other half of the tail, but I got through everything else! It was sooo good. The asparagus was yummy, but the potato gratin was just ok. DH's filet was delicious, but a bit overcooked for medium rare. It was still super good and he ate all of it! He was happy he got the Choron sauce on the side, because he only liked dipping it every once in awhile.

For our desserts I got the chocolate dome, and DH got the signature Almond crusted cheesecake. Let me just say that we should have gotten two cheesecakes!!! SOOOO GOOD!!! OH. EM. GEEEE!!! DELICIOUS!! My chocolate dome was good, but very very dense and rich. I only had a few bites because I was stuffed by that point! I did manage a few bites of that cheesecake though, and it was divine.

Overall Experience: Fantastic. Best meal of the trip, food wise and service wise. So good!

Would we return: We did return! We ended up changing our last night's ressie to Narcoossee's because our plans changed and we needed to be near the MK. You will see how that meal went. It's pretty crazy just how different the two meals were.

Leshaface
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Dang girl! Two reviews at once!! :cool1:

Holy crap, I can't believe you didn't fall asleep through your dinner at Cali Grill...You must have knocked out once you got back to your resort!

Ok first off, the rolls look so yummy!!! I like rolls, but usually prefer just sashimi to get my protein, but those looks fantastic...And I was seriously soooo jealous when I saw those cakes...:eek:...they are adorable and beautiful at the same time!!! Are they pretty big? For the price would you recommend doing this? I would love to do this for DH one day...

Chefs: Isn't that cheese plate THE best!! Not remembering, but I think I also stated in my review that the goat cheese was the BEST...the other cheeses were good too, but dang that goat cheese really stood out! And next time I FOR SURE have to get the lobster bisque...i've heard so many wonderful things...and the waiters...GORGEOUS!!! Who needs hot soup, when you have hot men walking all around!! :lmao:

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Raglan Road-Lunch

This was one of the changes we made. We ended up being at MK til 2 am the night before, so there was no way we were making a 9:00 am ressie at Crystal Palace. DH and I decided to sleep in, and then head to DTD for some retail therapy and lunch. The CL Cm's were able to get us an ADR at Raglan Road for 1:30 pm which was great. We arrived right on time, and were seated immediately. The place was pretty much empty.

Server: Brianne
Brianne was a good server. She was friendly, and attentive and that's basically all it takes to make us happy! We didn't have to wait for our drinks, or our food, everything was swift and nice.

Food: For drinks I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I also had One For the Road, which was basically a melonball with a lot of pineapple juice. It was good though, and I drank it all :thumbsup2 For our apps I had the scallop forest which was super good. The scallops were crisply fried and juicy in the middle. The lime mayo dipping sauce was sooo good. DH had the Potato, bacon and Cabbage chowder which was not very good at all. It was really runny and needed a ton of salt. He didn't eat much of it.

For our main courses I tried the Shepherd's Pie and DH had the Fish n Chips. My shepherds pie was really salty and just ok in terms of a dish. I was already pretty full, so I just picked at it really. DH's Fish n Chips were really good. The chips were fresh cut potatoes, and the perfect portion size. The fish was crisply fried and really flaky and delicious. I should have ordered that!!

We skipped dessert because we were just too full. This was a recurring theme along the trip lol.

Overall experience: A cool place to have lunch, the food was good. It's much more rowdy and loud for dinner when you have the band or Irish dancer performing. Nothing spectacular about this lunch.

Would we return: Probably not. There are too many other places we still would love to try!

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Dang girl! Two reviews at once!! :cool1:

Holy crap, I can't believe you didn't fall asleep through your dinner at Cali Grill...You must have knocked out once you got back to your resort!

Ok first off, the rolls look so yummy!!! I like rolls, but usually prefer just sashimi to get my protein, but those looks fantastic...And I was seriously soooo jealous when I saw those cakes...:eek:...they are adorable and beautiful at the same time!!! Are they pretty big? For the price would you recommend doing this? I would love to do this for DH one day...

Chefs: Isn't that cheese plate THE best!! Not remembering, but I think I also stated in my review that the goat cheese was the BEST...the other cheeses were good too, but dang that goat cheese really stood out! And next time I FOR SURE have to get the lobster bisque...i've heard so many wonderful things...and the waiters...GORGEOUS!!! Who needs hot soup, when you have hot men walking all around!! :lmao:

Babygirl, I'm gon be knocking out these reviews today!!! I really want to get started on my TR, because there were just so many funny and great things that happened along the way. So you'll see the reviews just flying off the presses today!!! :laughing::rotfl::eek:

Ok, rolls at Cali Grill are soooo good! I agree and usually get Sushi pieces and not rolls when I'm home, but on vacay go for the rolls baby!!! :lmao:

And yes, we did basically crash. That night was the In room celebration night, so when we got back to the room it was all decorated and beautiful. We stayed up for a bit exploring all the gifts and having flower petal fights lol. But we did crash fast because we had a morning EMH day the next day!!

So yeah, Les Chefs waiters...HOLYNESS!!! HAHAHAHA!! I seriously thought DH was gonna punch me out by the end of lunch :laughing:

So stay tuned girlie, the reviews are comin!:wizard:

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Artist Point-Dinner

Our ressie was for 8:15 pm, and we arrived around 8 pm to check in. We were seated right away, at a lovely table overlooking the lake.

Server: Osiris
Osiris was super sweet! She was really nice and attentive, and brought us complimentary glasses of Rosa Regale with a raspberry in each! It was a lovely touch. DH didn't like his, so I got two glasses! Score!!! :rotfl: She also gave us two mini spicy gazpacho's on the house to try. They were delicious but spicy! Osiris made some great recommendations on the food for us, and also helped DH in his hunt for hidden Mickey's in the restaurant! She also quickly boxed up our dessert for us, because we were trying to make it back up to our room for SNTFS at 10 pm.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip207-1.jpg

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Prince Edward Island Mussels with sourdough toast, and DH had the Mixed Salad with Champagne vinaigrette. My mussels were divine. I was shocked at the portion size! There must have been 25 mussels, easily in the bowl. The broth was succulent, and filled with shallots. Yum! DH's salad was yummy and he finished every bite. I tried a bite of it, and have to say that the dressing was spectacular!

For entrees I had the Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon medium rare, and DH had the Buffalo Striploin Rare. Since it was included, we also got the Macaroni and Cheese as a side dish. WOW. That macaroni and cheese is the best macaroni and cheese ever!!! It wasn't thick and creamy, it was light and creamy. It had panko breadcrumbs and basil, and was baked in a casserole...MMMMMM!!!! Soooo good!! My salmon was delicious and I ate every bite! DH's buffalo was good, but a little chewy. It was cooked really nicely though.

We ordered the chocolate hazelnut torte I think, and took it to go. We never ended up eating it tho, boo! Too much food!

Overall Experience: Fantastic! Loved the ambiance, great service, amazing food...Very lovely dinner.

Would we return: For sure!! Even if not staying at WL, we would come here for dinner it was so good.

TheNewMrsB
06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Loving your reports!

Spicy Kazan at CG is my probably my second favorite roll ever! We always have such a great time there, your review is making me count the seconds until we're back! :-) I had no idea those cakes existed, and we'll be there on our 2nd anniversary - now you've got me thinking! I'd love to surprise DH!

I loved the lobster at Narcoossee's as well - and since I had never had lobster before, I was so happy that it was already cracked and cleaned! :laughing: I had no idea what to expect. And that cheesecake, isn't it to die for??

So glad you reviewed Artist Point, we'll be trying that for the first time in September. I think you ordered what I would probably order for myself. Happy to read a good review.

scanne
06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I love your reviews, first of all. Secondly, I'm torn between Cali Grill and Artist Point and your reviews didn't make it any easier to choose. We have been to Cali Grill before but never AP, so what would you recommend??? Thanks! Keep up the great report!!!

Leshaface
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
No joke...you're bustin 'em out girl!

Wow, can't believe you made ate at Narc twice!!! ...uh-oh, I'm wondering how your second meal went there...guess I'll just have to wait...Next time I'm definitely getting the Whole lobster...that lobster tail I had was no bueno..:sad2:

AP's salmon was sooo yummy!!! Omgosh and about the mussels, DH got the mussels at Narc and there were a TON of them!!! The most i've ever seen served before!! Definitely get your moneys worth on that!

OH and that Almond cheesecake at narc is fabulous!!! :cloud9:

Yay, I'll be waiting for more!! You really must have some good stories for your TR the way your reviews are coming out!!

dznyacct
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Narcoossee's-Dinner **BEST DINNER OF THE TRIP**

We had a 7:10 pm ADR, and arrived about 10 minutes early to check in. We met up with my Dis-buddy Joanne (iheartpluto) and her DH Eric who were also waiting to be seated. It was there 1 year anniversary! After dinner we would attack the MK as a foursome!!! But for now, let's get seated people! Jo and Eric were seated first, then minutes later we were as well. We were led to a gorgeous window table (4 top) overlooking the lagoon and the Castle! It was amazing. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant right away. It had a yacht club type vibe, like a traditional seafood place back home in NY.

Server: Nelson
Nelson was the best server we have ever had, anywhere. He was simply the best server of all time. He was amazingly friendly, beyond attentive (without being intrusive or overbearing), sprinkled some pixie dust our way by giving us Mickey straws with our sodas, and just basically made our meal unforgettable. He even took a picture of us, which was really nice :) We were so happy with his service we tipped him like 33% or something. He really deserved every penny. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. We also both had Agave Nectar Margaritas, which were becoming our signature drink lol. SO good. For our appetizers, I had the Shrimp and Crab Chowder which was DELICIOUS! I ate every bite. DH had the Duck and Lentil roll, which he loved and raved about.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip103-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip111-1.jpg

For our main courses I had the whole Maine lobster, steamed and halved. DH had the filet medium rare with the Choron sauce on the side. Both our meals came with asparagus and potato gratin. My lobster was to die for. It was huge, first of all, almost 2 lbs! I couldn't finish the other half of the tail, but I got through everything else! It was sooo good. The asparagus was yummy, but the potato gratin was just ok. DH's filet was delicious, but a bit overcooked for medium rare. It was still super good and he ate all of it! He was happy he got the Choron sauce on the side, because he only liked dipping it every once in awhile.

For our desserts I got the chocolate dome, and DH got the signature Almond crusted cheesecake. Let me just say that we should have gotten two cheesecakes!!! SOOOO GOOD!!! OH. EM. GEEEE!!! DELICIOUS!! My chocolate dome was good, but very very dense and rich. I only had a few bites because I was stuffed by that point! I did manage a few bites of that cheesecake though, and it was divine.

Overall Experience: Fantastic. Best meal of the trip, food wise and service wise. So good!

Would we return: We did return! We ended up changing our last night's ressie to Narcoossee's because our plans changed and we needed to be near the MK. You will see how that meal went. It's pretty crazy just how different the two meals were.

So glad to hear that your Narcoossee's dinner was so great :banana:. I am planning on ordering the whole lobster and almond crusted cheesecake, which sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed :dance3:. Loving your reviews :woohoo:!!

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Lesha I just realized I didn't answer you about the cakes. They were $25 each, which I found to be very reasonable. IMO they are pretty big and one is more than enough for a couple, but it was our anniversary and I wanted to splurge and get two so we could try both flavors they offered. Also part of me wanted to try to make up for DH's failed groom's cake that our reception hall completely effed up, that was part of his wedding present. I found a pic on the Cake Chatter thread of a baby pink miniature cake that a mom had gotten for her little girl's birthday i think. It had white piping along the tiers and was super cute. I asked if they could make one all white and one chocolate and have the Mickey heads piped on there and they said no problem. I'm sure they could color the vanilla buttercream any color you like. I had the IPO book the cake for me, but it was Pastry Chef Brian from the Contemporary that made the cake. There's info on the Cake Chatter thread about how you can call and ask for Chef Brian's email and directly book your cake through him. Also I've heard Chef Pat at the Grand Floridian is great with custom cakes as well. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Loving your reports!

Spicy Kazan at CG is my probably my second favorite roll ever! We always have such a great time there, your review is making me count the seconds until we're back! :-) I had no idea those cakes existed, and we'll be there on our 2nd anniversary - now you've got me thinking! I'd love to surprise DH!

I loved the lobster at Narcoossee's as well - and since I had never had lobster before, I was so happy that it was already cracked and cleaned! :laughing: I had no idea what to expect. And that cheesecake, isn't it to die for??

So glad you reviewed Artist Point, we'll be trying that for the first time in September. I think you ordered what I would probably order for myself. Happy to read a good review.

Yesss that cheesecake IS to die for!!!! :cloud9:

Well I love your reviews, first of all. Secondly, I'm torn between Cali Grill and Artist Point and your reviews didn't make it any easier to choose. We have been to Cali Grill before but never AP, so what would you recommend??? Thanks! Keep up the great report!!!

If you've never done Cali Grill, there's no question that I would choose that over Artist Point. It's just unparalleled with the view and the food, especially if you like sushi.

No joke...you're bustin 'em out girl!

Wow, can't believe you made ate at Narc twice!!! ...uh-oh, I'm wondering how your second meal went there...guess I'll just have to wait...Next time I'm definitely getting the Whole lobster...that lobster tail I had was no bueno..:sad2:

AP's salmon was sooo yummy!!! Omgosh and about the mussels, DH got the mussels at Narc and there were a TON of them!!! The most i've ever seen served before!! Definitely get your moneys worth on that!

OH and that Almond cheesecake at narc is fabulous!!! :cloud9:

Yay, I'll be waiting for more!! You really must have some good stories for your TR the way your reviews are coming out!!

Yeahhh you'll see how THAT gem of a meal went :sad2: I remember your review of the surf n turf lobster tail, and I read a few more after yours that were the same. I made sure to advise DH against it:sad2: But DEF try the whole Maine lobster if you can, it's divine!

Lol I got the mussels at Narc the second dinner :rotfl:

So glad to hear that your Narcoossee's dinner was so great :banana:. I am planning on ordering the whole lobster and almond crusted cheesecake, which sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed :dance3:. Loving your reviews :woohoo:!!

Thank you!! That meal is going to be amazing!! :cool1::banana:

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Yak and Yeti-Lunch

Our ADR was for 11:55 am, and we made it there about 5 minutes before to check in. The first thing I remember is how refreshing the air conditioning was! We were seated in just a minute, but it took another minute to get a table I was ok with. They wanted to seat us almost physically on top of 2 different parties of 5. I may be difficult, but I really don't like to be seated right on top of other people if it can be helped. And it could be helped in this case. The room was empty but for the two big parties. There were 5 different 2 tops, and I wanted to be seated in the one away from the two big parties. After being persistent, she seated us where I wanted to be seated. I was very happy and thanked her kindly :thumbsup2

Server: Peter
Peter was young, cute, and fun. Right off the bat I asked if they had any silver tequila, as only gold was listed on the menu. He let me know that they indeed had Patron silver, to my delight! He definitely was like, awww yeah margaritas!! Holllaaa!! And then he ID'd us because we both look like we're 12 :rotfl: Peter was very attentive, and helpful to us in explaining our options on the menu with the deluxe plan, as well as refilling our drinks and checking up on us, as DH got really sick during this meal :sick: :guilty: Peter definitely went above and beyond, and rocked it out.

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had Coke. We both got the Patron margaritas. DH ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna, and I ordered the Lettuce Cups. YUM! Both were delicious. I put lots of fresh cilantro in my lettuce cups, and it was super yummy. The seared ahi tuna had a really yummy sauce and was delicious. This was where DH started to feel sick. In my opinion he got sick because he doesn't drink enough water and it was extremely hot that day. We had been going since early, and he had not been hydrating, then he came into the cold restaurant and sucked down half that margarita and it did NOT agree with him :sad2: He spent the rest of the meal in the bathroom, pretty much.

For entrees DH had ordered the BBQ Baby Back Ribs that came with chicken fried rice. I ordered the Crispy Mahi Mahi with jasmine rice and stir fried vegetables, with a Cantonese sweet and sour sauce. Here are some pics since I had plenty of time to take them, being all alone :guilty: Poor DH! I felt terrible for him!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip293-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip294-1.jpg

My crispy mahi mahi was freaking delicious. I ate close to all of it. The stir fry veggies had a weird taste to them, but it didn't matter, because all I wanted to eat was that rice, that fish, and that sauce! YUM! It was like a REAL sweet and sour sauce-none of that gelatinous stuff you get at the local Chinese restaurant. This was tangy, flavorful, and just thick enough. The fish was breaded with Panko and fried to perfection. Not greasy in the slightest. The fish was meaty and mild, and when mixed with the sauce was sooo good. The jasmine rice was amazing. It was like basmati rice cooked in a sticky rice cooker. It wasn't fully sticky, but it wasn't loose either. It was just perfect! I was in heaven. Too bad poor DH was still in the bathroom :sick: I ripped off a couple of his ribs to try, in order to be able to review them since I knew he would not be trying them at all. I have to say I was disappointed :scared1: :sad2: I know we must have gotten an off-plate, because I've seen pics on here of them and they don't look like what we got. We got overly dry ribs, with hardly any sauce on them at all. The sauce that was on there was very dry and therefore had an odd flavor. The chicken fried rice was disgusting. I'm not exaggerating. It had a really strong chemical flavor, and I wish I had spit it out. Yuck!

We had to skip dessert because DH wasn't feeling well and I was stuffed! But I did finish his margarita as well as mine, so I guess that counts as dessert! If I'm reviewing the margaritas here, I would say they were very light on the liquor as compared to other places. BUT the drinks are still SO much cheaper than in NY that it didn't really bother me too much. AND check out what was left behind on my napkin! Can anyone see a Mickey in there?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip292.jpg

Overall Experience: The restaurant and food were great. It's a great place to eat and take a break after a long morning at AK. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!!

Would we return: Definitely! That mahi mahi would be enough in itself to bring me back for lunch on AK day! :thumbsup2

Leshaface
06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Yak and Yeti-Lunch

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip294-1.jpg

This pic is sooo sad...there's no DH behind this meal! Poor guy!:sad2: I hope he was able to learn from it and hydrate more often during the trip! I would HATE to be sick anywhere else, then home...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip292.jpg

Omgosh! How hilarious!!!! :lmao:

Okay, I LOVE LOVE Mahi mahi, and your dish looks fantastic! I've always wanted to come here, so hopefully this will convince my hubby to come check out the Yak...omgosh I just thought of something....your poor DH was Yacking at the Yak...:lmao: and :sad2: at the same time...

Thanks for your info on the cakes by the way! :thumbsup2 I'm surprised they're only 25...Disney could charge a lot more for them if they wanted to, especially with how awesome they look! I do need to check out the cake thread when it gets closer to our date...

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse-Dinner

Our ADR was for 6:30 pm, and we arrived a few minutes early to check in. We waited about 5 minutes before we were seated. On the way to our table we passed by the amazing dessert display, "all low in calories" joked our host! We were seated, and the gentleman seating us introduced us to our server, John. This should have been the first sign of confusion/warning:rotfl: The server's name tag said Samir, and he proceeded to introduce HIMSELF as Samir, our server. He seemed nice, albeit a little intense/pushy.

Server/s: Samir/John (it said John on the receipt...)
Samir took our drink orders (one bottled water, one Coke, and 2 agave nectar margaritas) and returned with a bread basket and a plate of butter in extra virgin olive oil. The bread basket was delicious and memorable. It had two small sourdough loaves, warm, as well as two onion biscuits that were also warm and delicious. The butter was topped with pink Hawaiian sea salt. Samir came back with our drinks, and we asked for any suggestions on the menu. He had a bunch of suggestions, but none of them were appealing to us at the moment. We needed another minute. When he returned, we decided to order just the appetizers for the moment. This is where it got weird. John, another server, came over to take our dinner orders. Ok, not the weirdest of things, we just went with it. I asked if he recommended a certain dish, and he said he did. I ordered it, and DH placed his order. John then brought out our appetizers. Then Samir came out to clear them away. Then John came by with the pitcher of ice water. He comes right over to me and fills my glass (of mineral water) with ice water. Then he goes to fill DH's glass with ice water and says "oh you have bottled water" and I say "yes, I do too" and he says something like "oh that's my bad, let me get you a new glass", and takes the ice water glass...And I'm thinking, a new glass, that was practically a whole bottle of water wasted! So he comes back with a clean glass, and puts it down on the table and walks away. So now DH and I are like, what the eff is going on. He pours me the rest of the bottle of water because I was thirsty! And now John comes back with a new bottle of water. We thanked him for it, but it was very confusing as it was going on and super awkward to say the least. After this I can't even remember whether John or Samir brought out the entrees, but I do remember John took our dessert orders and Samir brought them out. It was a very confusing evening to say the least, and we were left scratching our heads in regards to the service that night. The funny thing, another Dis-buddy that we were going to possibly bump into at Yachtsman that night CHANGED her ADR because her favorite server wasn't going to be there. I wish I had known!!!

Food: I had a bottle of water, and DH had a coke. We both had Agave nectar margaritas. I ordered the Fried Soft Shell Crab, with corn/lentil relish, avocado mustard, and fennel slaw. DH had the lobster bisque with creme fraiche and brandy. My soft shell crab was absolutely the greatest app of the trip. SO SO SO good. Perfectly dredged and fried, the accompaniments were terrific and complimented it perfectly. DH agreed it was spectacular. The lobster bisque was wayyy too heavy on the brandy taste. We both had some of it, and it was just too much for us.

For my main course I had the roasted Rack of Lamb with mushroom custard in phillo, haricots verts with shallots, lamb sausage, and a lamb demi-glaze. DH had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and red wine sauce on the side, rare. Oh. Em. Gee. SOOOOO GOOD!! This meal rivaled Narcoossee's for best meal of the trip. My lamb was crusted and roasted perfectly, and medium in the middle, just how I like it. The haricots verts were sauteed perfectly, the mushroom custard in phillo was yummy (although I only had one bite to taste) and the lamb sausage was yummy (one taste as well). I ate almost every piece of my roasted rack of lamb. So good. DH's filet was also delicious, but too smoky in the crust for me. DH loved it though. The mashed potatoes were delicious and tasted like homemade. MMM is all I can say about this meal. Just sooo good.

For desserts DH had already decided he wanted to try the sorbets. He didn't want anything heavy, and he wanted something refreshing. I decided to get up and go look at the display of desserts again so I could decide. It was while over there that I decided DH was NOT getting the sorbets, under any circumstances!! I came back and begged him to let me order two desserts I wanted! I said "I'll buy you every sorbet and gelato in World Showcase!!!! PLEASE!!" He obliged. I ordered the Banana Napoleon and the Pistachio Sampler. SO Good!! The banana napoleon was definitely better, and had so many yummy components. There was a custardy pie type thing (the rectangle) that was sooo good. There were tiny sugar crusted, flambéed bananas, and a tower of banana cream and crispy phillo. SOOO GOOD!! The pistachio sampler was good. The mousses were the best part, and the ice cream. The cake was very moist and almost had the texture of the inside of a Mounds bar, but without the coconut taste. It was weird, not bad, just weird. Not worth the cals! I helped DH with his banana dessert :thumbsup2
They also gave us a little plate of apricot gelees, and salted fudge squares that said Happy Anniversary. It was a very nice touch.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip326.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip327.jpg

Overall Experience: The ambiance and food were terrific, the service was spotty and chaotic. We still had a great meal, because we had a great time together and the food was EXCELLENT. We would hope for a better server next time.

Would we return: YES YES YES! The food was so good, we will definitely be back!!! :thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
50's Prime Time Cafe-Lunch

Our ADR was for 11:55 am, and we arrived about 10 minutes before and checked in. We only waited 5 or so minutes, before they called us "CIAMPI KIDS! YOUR TABLE IS READY!":rotfl::lmao:

Sever: Brother Robert
Robert came over to our table and gave us menus and placemats. He asked us how we were doing, and when we replied "great, how about you?" He replied "NOT GOOD. I'm grounded! For wearing my baseball hat at the table, and having my elbows on the table":lmao: DH took his hat off really quickly, but then we realized he was really playing the role of our brother and not our dad or something. He then asked if Tommy had shot my nose with a pellet gun!!! (Referring to my nose ring). I showed him that he had actually shot me TWICE! One in each nostril! And he shot DH clean in the same spots twice!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Robert was great fun, and made our meal enjoyable without going too over the top. Through the meal he would mention Tommy. He would say "I'm grounded AGAIN! I wasn't even doing the pedal and the gas, I was just steering! Tommy hit the gas!". DH and I laughed and by the end of the meal, thought Tommy was his imaginary brother. But sure enough, before we were done, Robert brought over another server named TOMMY! He said "look what you did to this poor girl's nose!" And Tommy responded "Her nose?! I shot her ear clean through!" :rotfl::thumbsup2 OMG we were dying!!!! Because I have stretched earlobes and wore plugs where you could see the holes that week, he was making a joke about it! DH and I were both dyinnng laughing!! At the end of the meal, Robert accidentally charged our meal to the room, instead of using dining plan credits. He was able to fix the mistake quickly so we could head over to Lights Motors Action! He was a fun and good server.

Food: DH wanted to try the PB+J Milkshake, so I ordered a Coke for my beverage for us to share. We decided on the beer battered onion rings for 2, the Pot roast for me, and the fried chicken for DH. We decided to share an order of S'mores for dessert. First off, the PBJ Milkshake is amazing. It tastes like a liquified Reese Pieces. Not a Reese's CUP but a Reese's Pieces (the sugar coated candies). It was soooo good!! We both shared it and still couldn't finish it. It's more of a dessert, in my opinion. The onion rings were delish! The best part was the horseradish dipping sauce mmmm I wish I had a whole vat of it!! For the entrees, my pot roast was good, the mashed potatoes were ok. It was not as good as I had hoped it would be. The mashed potatoes seemed to be made much better by the pot roast gravy, because DH's mashed potatoes that had a light gravy were not good at all. The pot roast wasn't BAD, it just wasn't as good as I expected it to be and I wouldn't order it again. DH's fried chicken on the other hand, was AMAZING! He gave me a couple of pieces of it, because they give you basically a whole chicken! It's HUGE portion! If we ever went and paid OOP, we could totally split this entree between the two of us. It was perfectly breaded and fried, and we loved it! Although the collards were yucky and so were the mashed potatoes. The s'mores were good but soooo too much after that heavy meal! We kind of just picked at them, but they were melty and delicious.

Overall Experience: Fun! A great place to cool off from a long morning at DHS. The decor is really fun and cool, and they have the Tune In lounge for cocktails at your table if you like! Or you can just sit at the bar or lounge area, which is pretty cool. We didn't partake in any alcohol, but it looked cool! The interaction is different at every table, and I think has to do with the server AND the guests.

Would we return: Yes, but it won't be a must-do or anything. We would probably end up returning because we have good friends who love it, and we may be doing a Disney trip in the future with them. :thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Narcoossee's-Take Two-Dinner

Originally our last night ADR was for Jiko, at 8:30. The day before, we started thinking that was not really what we wanted to do. We wanted to stay close to our home resort/MK so we could try to catch just one more night of SNTFS. We had the CL CM's working on changing our ADR for us. I really wanted to try Citricos, because we had never tried it before. I pushed and pushed, but DH would hear nothing of it. He wanted Narcoossee's again. He was so in love with his meal, and the service from the other night, that he INSISTED on Narcoossee's. The day before, there was no availability. The night Cm's were able to switch us to Artist Point, so at least we were closer to where we wanted to be. Then the next day we got a note under our door that they had been able to get us just what we wanted! 7:15 pm at Narcoossee's. DH was thrilled! We arrived right on time, and asked if Nelson was working. He was not, and we were bummed, but stoked for our dinner. We ended up being seated in Lori's section, at the exact table that Jo and Eric had sat at! What a coincidence!

Us outside Narcoosee's :)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip382.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip383.jpg

Server: Lori
Jo had told us that Lori was a great server, so I was confident our meal would be great. We sat and sat, and sat and sat. And sat. Lori was buzzing around but did not come over to say hello, or anything, for at least 10 full minutes. We watched the couple next to us receive amazing service from an older gentleman, who was a great server. And we sat. Finally Lori came over and introduced herself and took our drink orders. She was OVERLY bubbly and sweet and sugary, to the point where she seemed really fake. DH ordered a Coke, I ordered a Diet Coke with extra lemon. We ordered our meals right away, because we had a feeling about where the service was going, and we knew exactly what we wanted. Lori was very smiley taking the order, and returned fairly promptly with our drinks. DH being the Coca Cola NERD he is, said taste yours, I think they gave me the Diet. So I tried it, and it was EWWW ROOT BEER!! Then I tried the other soda and it was Diet Coke, so Lori had brought DH root beer instead of Coke. Ok, no big deal, mistakes happen. The Coke sat there for another 7 minutes easily before we were able to tell Lori of the mix up. I finally got her attention and told her that she had brought out root beer instead of Coke by mistake. She said "ohhh I'm so sorry", and turned around and walked away leaving the Root beer sitting there. Ok...Another 5 minutes goes by or more, until she brings the Coke out and leaves it on the table and walks away. The root beer sits! At this point we've been here for half an hour and we realize, OH! The bread! We never got our delicious hot sourdough bread with sea salted butter! Every table around us has bread and butter! And the other night, we too had bread and butter, within minutes! Here comes Lori with the appetizers. She puts them down, and leaves the root beer. Ay ya yay. So Lori finally passes by and DH practically flags her down and says "can you please take this root beer? And could we please have some bread?" :rotfl: I was laughing so hard inside. I felt so bad for him, because he desperately wanted this meal to be good, and it was just going straight downhill. Lori takes the root beer away, and brings us some bread. Then she clears the apps and the entrees arrive. DH's filet came out with the sauce on it. After Lori finally comes around to ask how we're doing, I tell her that the filet came out covered in sauce, and since she was nowhere to be found, we had to clean it off as best we could and eat it. She said, would you like me to bring you a clean plate for the steak?":confused3:confused3 We declined. After the entrees are eaten and cleared she disappears. She takes so long in finally coming back to our table, that we have to skip dessert! On a night we actually wanted dessert! We really wanted to make it to MK for the fireworks, and since we had waited almost 10-15 minutes after our entrees were cleared, just sitting there, we couldn't! We were SO disappointed with her service. I finally left and waited for DH to settle the bill, I was so frustrated. She was paying close and attentive care to her big tables seated around us that she just ignored us! It was terrible service and it was reflected directly in her tip. It's funny that we gave the biggest and the smallest tips of the trip at Narcoossee's. :sad2:

Food: I ordered a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH ordered a Coke. He got a root beer, and finally got his Coke in the end. For appetizers I ordered the steamed mussels with Garlic toast, and DH ordered the Shrimp and Crab Chowder that I had the other night. Both appetizers were delicious. My mussels were terrific, another HUGE portion, with at least 20 mussels. The broth here was more garlicky, and soo flavorful. The garlic toast was yummy as well. I brushed off quite a bit of the burnt garlic, and that made it better for my tummy. DH loved the chowder, and I finished the bits of it that he had left behind. For entrees, I had the Togarashi Spiced Tuna, and DH had the Filet mignon with Choron sauce on the side. The filet came out with the sauce on it, as you read above. My tuna was very delicious, but verrrry spicy. I would definitely make note of that. I order tuna all the time, I cover it in wasabi, and I like spicy food. This was just too spicy for my palate. I only ate about 2 or 3 pieces because it would have upset my stomach. Luckily for me, my DH is the greatest guy in the world, and made me a little plate with filet (i got all the pieces with sauce, because I didn't mind the sauce), haricots verts, and potato gratin. It was divine! That little plate was sooo good. Believe it or not, the potato gratin was different than it was the other night! The other night it was the square cut gratin you see pics of on here. That night for us it was red potatoes in slices, with a white cheddar cheese...SO GOOD!! I wish I had more of it!! It reminded me of my grandmother's potato Gratin. The haricots verts were sautéed perfectly.

Sadly, we can't review dessert, because we didn't get to have any. Boo!

Overall Experience: Food was delicious, but the service was so terrible it really ruined the meal for us.

Would we return: Yes! We loved the food, the ambiance and the location. We would just ask for a different server :thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Roaring Forks-Lunch

Boo!! It was our last Disney meal! We decided to get lunch at Roaring Forks in WL and take our lunch up to the CL seating area to eat. It was a great decision after a morning filled with packing and Mickey hunting! I got the tuna sandwich on multigrain bread, with tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers. I also put lots of pickles on it from the fixin's bar. My sandwich came with a little cup of pasta salad. DH had the bacon double cheeseburger and fries. We both used our refillable mugs from the DxDDP. Up we went to the CL!

My tuna sandwich was soooo good! It was very similar to the Columbia Harbour House tuna sandwich except with the added cucumbers and pickles. I ate almost all of it. DH's burger was good. Not too dry, not too greasy. I had a few bites of it! I also munched on a few of his fries, which were hot and yummy as well. This was a great choice for our last meal. We paid OOP for this one, as we had no more meal credits left. It was $20 or less for our meal.

Overall Experience: Great! We liked Roaring Forks a lot. We used it to fill up our mugs when we were down by the pool or boat area, or exploring the resort. We also got a few snacks here, which I will detail ahead!

Would we return: If staying at WL in the future, we would definitely use this convenient CS location! :thumbsup2

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Snack Credits

We started the 5 day trip with 20 snack credits. We used the overwhelming majority of our credits on 16 oz Smart Waters. At $3.25 they were not a bad use of a snack credit for us. Everyone is different. We didn't ship down a case of waters or have a rental car. We didn't mind using our snack credits on the waters.

Some snacks we enjoyed that were not waters lol:

DH- Raspberry Lemonade slushie from Enchanted Grove in MK. We both lovved this! It was tart and refreshing. I had to practically convince him to get it, but when he did he thanked me!
DH- Pretzel from Goofy's Candy Co. dipped in milk chocolate and covered in peanut butter chips. YUM! We didn't eat this til back in NY and it was STILL good!
DH- Mickey head rice krispy treats (plain)-He got a few of these along the way and we both loved them!

Me- Peanut Butter Fudge Oreo cookie from Goofy's. Yummmm!! Super super yummy. It's a giant oreo cookie (like the size of your palm) filled with a really mild peanut butter fudge. SO good!
Me-Tuna salad cup from Sunshine Season. This really hit the spot. I'm someone that craves salty snacks more than sweet, and DH and I shared this yummy little tuna cup after a long EMH morning at EPCOT.
Me-Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake from Starring Rolls- OMGGGGGGGGGGG THAT'S IT!!! THIS IS THE ULTIMATEEEEE!!!!! We got this to go, and ate it after our Roaring Forks lunch on departure day. I can't say enough about this. The cupcake part was the most rich, moist, chocolate cake ever. It was filled with a chocolate/peanut butter cream. It's frosted with what I can only describe as Peanut butter caramel. And it's rolled in SHAVED dark chocolate curls. HEAVEN. OVERLOAD OF CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR. :cloud9::lovestruc
Me-Side Salad from Roaring Forks- Eh, just that an iceberg lettuce side salad with Ken's fat Free Italian dressing.

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Overall Assessment

We did the Deluxe Dining Plan because we got 40% off on it. The PIN I received was full of pixie dust, and not only covered the room, but also the dining plan. It was freaking awesome. So we basically paid $42 a day for the deluxe plan. :thumbsup2 We spent $437.94 on the Deluxe Dining plan for 5 nights, and added up all our meals, without tips to be $1109.39. It was a great value for us on this trip, and we got to try a bunch of Signature restaurants.

That being said, I don't think we will ever do the Deluxe plan again. It's unheard of to order a 3 course meal 2 or 3 times a day! We just couldn't do it! We hated how we felt not finishing meals, and finally just stopped ordering so much! It was too much food at each sitting.

We will either do the Reg DDP and then pay OOP for the rest, or if we are ever AP holders, we will do TIW. :goodvibes:goodvibes

scanne
06-15-2010, 05:23 PM
We started the 5 day trip with 20 snack credits. We used the overwhelming majority of our credits on 16 oz Smart Waters. At $3.25 they were not a bad use of a snack credit for us. Everyone is different. We didn't ship down a case of waters or have a rental car. We didn't mind using our snack credits on the waters.

Great reviews! Thanks for taking the time to post. I can't wait to read your trip report.

My family and I will have an obscene amount of snack credits - 4 people x 2 snacks per day x 8 nights = 64!!! :eek: I fully intend on getting Smart Waters and Powerades with most of those credits. We're getting plently of dessert and I've ordered a cake from Chef Brian (SOOOOO excited for that!), so I really don't think we will be needing to use many of the snacks for sweets or ice cream. But, our snack "must haves" are Mickey bars, popcorn, maybe a dole whip and funnel cake in the MK if it is still a snack credit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post! I love reading dining reviews and yours are AWESOME!!!

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Drinks around WDW

Monorail Resorts:

Wilderness Lodge, our home had the best poolside bar ever! We got dos Patron margaritas at least once a day. Hey we were on vacay baby!! How great is it when the freaking WL POOL BAR has Patron?!?!

Grand Floridian-Mizner's: I had the Rosa Regale, and DH had a Patron Classico Margarita. The Rosa Regale is a sparkling red wine, which is sweet and refreshing. DH's margarita was really strong! WOW!

Contemporary- Wave Bar/Lounge: I had a Magical Star cocktail with a glow cube! It was like sweet delicious juice. It was one of those cocktails that don't even taste like they have liquor in them, but will totally rock you if you have a few! Especially on an empty stomach! DH discovered the Agave Nectar Margarita here, which was on the menu at all the resort restaurants we went to. This margarita was made with 1800 Tequila which is smoother than Patron, and allowed the taste of the agave to come out. Patron remains my tequila of choice, but these signature drinks were delicious!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip054-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip055-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip056-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip057-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/allegracristina/DisneyAnniversaryTrip058-1.jpg

I love the above progression! So fun! Love the glow cube!!!

EPCOT- Resorts

Yacht Club- Yachtsman Steakhouse, Agave nectar Margaritas. Same as ever, and delicious!

EPCOT- World Showcase

France: Grey Goose Slushie- Omg soo good! I got two of these over the course of our trip. They are the perfect portion size, and super yummy. You CAN taste the vodka, and they are good.

Mexico- La Cava del Tequila: We simply walked up to the bar and got a couple of margaritas to go. It was quick and simple! I got the Clasico Margarita with Patron Silver. DH got the Blood Orange Margarita. Mine was sooo good. Nice and strong, and tart. DH's was very sweet. It was yummy, and we both liked it, but it was a little intense. Very sweet. I think everyone should try it at least once! We had a good time walking around the plaza inside and cooling off for a bit.

TheNewMrsB
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh, I totally agree, that slushie in France is amazing! We saw it on some Disney special and were certain that we had to try it - so glad we did! Yum!

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience @ Narcoossee's the second time around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that server when we go. You know, that sauce was the reason my husband didn't like the filet - I'll have to let him know that he can request it on the side (but who knows if it'll actually be on the side?).

Great, great report!! Looks/sounds like you had a great time.

pmaurer74
06-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the entertaining reviews! I assume you stayed at CL at the WL. What did you think? Do you have a review of that? We just booked it today with a 40% off pin.

Thanks!

vinotinto
06-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Great TR! Loved reading your drink reviews and the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde experience at Narcoossee.

I'm so glad you posted about the small tuna cups from Sunshine Seasons. I had been wondering if there were any non-carb/non-sweet snacks anywhere. We're also on the deluxe plan and will have 64 snack credits to use :scared1: I think it's very smart to use snack credits for Smart Waters. We plan on doing the same.

You are the first report I hear of a 40% pin for both the resort and the deluxe dining plan. I'm so jealous! :goodvibes Did you get it emailed or by mail? Did it say it was for both things or were you surprised when you called? I think if I got this pin, I would extend my vacation from 9 days to 12!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to post!

Leshaface
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Alright, RID-IC how quick you knocked these out!!!

You guys are such a good looking couple...you're kids will look adorable! :cutie:

Yachtsman - wow...you know, you probably wouldn't have been so confused if you had had a couple shots of silver...usually solves any problem! :lmao: But really, that's very odd! and I'm sure kind of annoying!

50's - I sooo want to do this too next time! DH and I would have a ball playing with the servers!

Omgosh how horrific about Narcoossee's the second time...I would be sooo disappointed! I'm surprised you even left a tip! We tip pretty good normally (between 20-22) but we've left a penny tip before just because of how awful the service/person has been.

Your snacks sound awesome! Especially that cupcake...I LOVE cupcakes...who the heck am I kidding, I love anything that has sugar and flour in it! :rotfl2:

Ok, seriously we need to coordinate a trip where we run into each other, just to get some drinks! :lmao: I love my drinky's and sometimes, it's funner to have drinks with other people (you know besides by yourself or with your DH :thumbsup2) I think it may be because we are such social butterflys and then add alcohol to that and FORGET IT!! :rotfl:

So when do you start your TR!!!??? I'm soo looking forward to it!

princessallegra
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh, I totally agree, that slushie in France is amazing! We saw it on some Disney special and were certain that we had to try it - so glad we did! Yum!

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience @ Narcoossee's the second time around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that server when we go. You know, that sauce was the reason my husband didn't like the filet - I'll have to let him know that he can request it on the side (but who knows if it'll actually be on the side?).

Great, great report!! Looks/sounds like you had a great time.

Omg slushie in France so good! Definitely keep an eye out for Nelson, the best server ever! And make sure you wait for another table if it's Lori! :rotfl: Let your husband know he can order his filet NO sauce at any restaurant! It's great! They usually do it correctly, not to worry :thumbsup2

Thanks for the entertaining reviews! I assume you stayed at CL at the WL. What did you think? Do you have a review of that? We just booked it today with a 40% off pin.

Thanks!

Congrats on booking WL CL! We loved it. Loved the 7th floor, loved the lounge for convenient and healthy-ish breakfasts, loved the wine and beer...We used the IPO for lots of pre-planning things like certain ADR's I couldn't get through DD they were able to get for us, also the were able to plan our cakes, Wildlife Discovery Excursion, buy ponchos for us...And while we were there, they were able to switch ADR's for us, and were a huge help overall. I will say that the evening offerings were not the greatest-the bbq chicken skewers were really good, but that was about it as far as the hot foods go. We loved the cheeses, breads, hummus, veggies and dip...They had the most delicious blue cheese dip for the veggies. We didn't book the CL for the evening offerings as much as the convenience of breakfast, and the IPO amenities. With the PIN it was a no-brainer. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions! My full TR will include all the details of staying CL. I'm going to start that very shortly, and I will include a link in my siggy for it. :goodvibes

Great TR! Loved reading your drink reviews and the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde experience at Narcoossee.

I'm so glad you posted about the small tuna cups from Sunshine Seasons. I had been wondering if there were any non-carb/non-sweet snacks anywhere. We're also on the deluxe plan and will have 64 snack credits to use :scared1: I think it's very smart to use snack credits for Smart Waters. We plan on doing the same.

You are the first report I hear of a 40% pin for both the resort and the deluxe dining plan. I'm so jealous! :goodvibes Did you get it emailed or by mail? Did it say it was for both things or were you surprised when you called? I think if I got this pin, I would extend my vacation from 9 days to 12!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to post!

Ok, I feel it's time for me to address your screen name...I LOVE IT! It makes me feel right at home. My mom is Argentinian, and vino tinto is like mother nature to me lol. Anyhoo :rotfl: I totally feel you on the non-carb, non sweet snacks. Non-carb is harder, but there are definitely options out there. At sunshine seasons they also had little hummus and babaganoush cups, also hard boiled eggs which is huge for some people. The tuna was sooo good. WOW 64 snack credits!! Crazy!! The SmartWaters were a great choice for us, they were cold and refreshing and worth it!

Ok about the PIN. It was pure pixie dust. We had NO trip planned, NOTHING. After our horrible Disneymoon, we never thought we could afford to go back. Then BOOM I get a 40% off pin. When I called to find out, the CM on the phone was really sweet. I told him what happened on our last trip, etc and we talked for awhile about how much we loved WDW and all the magic. When he looked up my pin, he said, let me see if I can find a pin for everything. He put me on hold for a good couple of minutes and came back and said this pin goes across the board! I don't know if that really included park tickets (we only bought one day park hopper bc we had the tickets from last year) or just the room and the dining plan, but it was such a great deal! We were so happy! We only booked the regular dining plan. As we got closer to the trip DH and I decided to splurge and go Deluxe, and when we called they said the pin had expired. They put me on hold for another few minutes and came back and said they extended the pin, and we got the discount on DxDDP! Pure Disney pixie dust. I haven't really heard any stories like this, so I didn't want to post about it, but since you asked, I told. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Alright, RID-IC how quick you knocked these out!!!

You guys are such a good looking couple...you're kids will look adorable! :cutie:

Yachtsman - wow...you know, you probably wouldn't have been so confused if you had had a couple shots of silver...usually solves any problem! :lmao: But really, that's very odd! and I'm sure kind of annoying!

50's - I sooo want to do this too next time! DH and I would have a ball playing with the servers!

Omgosh how horrific about Narcoossee's the second time...I would be sooo disappointed! I'm surprised you even left a tip! We tip pretty good normally (between 20-22) but we've left a penny tip before just because of how awful the service/person has been.

Your snacks sound awesome! Especially that cupcake...I LOVE cupcakes...who the heck am I kidding, I love anything that has sugar and flour in it! :rotfl2:

Ok, seriously we need to coordinate a trip where we run into each other, just to get some drinks! :lmao: I love my drinky's and sometimes, it's funner to have drinks with other people (you know besides by yourself or with your DH :thumbsup2) I think it may be because we are such social butterflys and then add alcohol to that and FORGET IT!! :rotfl:

So when do you start your TR!!!??? I'm soo looking forward to it!

Awww thank you lil mama!! Same goes to you and your DH!! Talk about a gorgeous couple!!! We are like opposites- we're the blondies and you guys are the brunettes!! It's pretty cute actually. I think we need to plan a massive WDW get together!!! Jo and Eric would round out our crew, and our friends Tommy and Gina would be the ultimate addition!! Well, our dates are 11/18-11/21! T+G have said they just may be able to get down with us that trip! Also I know I can book more than one room on my 40% off pin.......!!!!!! HOLLER BABY!!!!!!

Ok back to Narc, WHAT A BUST! DH and I have left a penny, only once, and it was at a Chili's on I-Drive :rotfl: I also wrote her a little note which said "here's a tip, if you actually did your job you might get one" :thumbsup2 I was surprised when DH came out and said he left 10%. I would have left a fiver and a smiley face on the receipt, or nothing. Oh well, she did bring us DH's delicious dinner which we both enjoyed!

You. Must. Try. That. Cupcake. OMGGGGG DEATH BY CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Make a date. Starring Rolls Cafe. Snack Credit. ChocoPbutter Cupcake. :rotfl2:

We need to do some SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!! Up in the World girlfriend!!!! I'm just as friendly as I seem!!!! :rotfl: Just ask Jo, we hit it off really well and now our poor husbands think we're nuts probably :lmao: Honey, this is my internet friend, Allegra....:surfweb::rotfl:

BLTLDZ
06-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Great reviews!!

We are honeymooning soon, and reading your reviewa got me more excited. :goodvibes

You should really try Citricos next time....it is AMAZING :thumbsup2
By any chance, totally random, but where you an LIweddings.com bride??

Lisa

wellbridal
06-16-2010, 05:22 AM
We didn't take a million pictures of the food, but there will be some pics along the way of certain plates we loved. We were just trying our best to enjoy our meals and time together, and get back out to the parks! We had some really outstanding meals on this trip, and we actually had the amazing pleasure of being served by THE best server of all time at one meal. There were some hits and misses along the way, but we shall get into that soon enough

Lisa29
06-16-2010, 06:14 AM
I've just read through all this - your report is great!:thumbsup2
I know you both didn't like it but I had the potato, bacon and cabbage chowder on my honeymoon in 07 (and loved it :banana:) and was gutted it wasn't on the menu at Christmas 08 :sad1:
Really hope they still have it in October!

Linda67
06-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Wow, you've been busy :laughing:
Thanks for getting these reviews up so quickly, I have really enjoyed reading them
I really want to try Narcoossees on our next trip as the menu looks wonderful to me. What a shame your service wasn't great on your second visit :confused:
It just shows what a difference your server can make to your experience
We are staying a WL for our next vacation so I am very happy to hear your comments on the pool bar. I better warn DH that we may be spending longer than usual at the resort :rotfl:

princessallegra
06-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Great reviews!!

We are honeymooning soon, and reading your reviewa got me more excited. :goodvibes

You should really try Citricos next time....it is AMAZING :thumbsup2
By any chance, totally random, but where you an LIweddings.com bride??

Lisa

So exciting for you!! Congrats on your upcoming Disneymoon!!! I knowww I wanted to try Citricos so badly!!!

Yes, I was an LIW bride! I was also a bridesmaid for their Wedding of the Year lol. A bunch of people have recognized me from that :goodvibes

I've just read through all this - your report is great!:thumbsup2
I know you both didn't like it but I had the potato, bacon and cabbage chowder on my honeymoon in 07 (and loved it :banana:) and was gutted it wasn't on the menu at Christmas 08 :sad1:
Really hope they still have it in October!

Thank you! I sure hope they still have the soup for you when you're there!!!!

Wow, you've been busy :laughing:
Thanks for getting these reviews up so quickly, I have really enjoyed reading them
I really want to try Narcoossees on our next trip as the menu looks wonderful to me. What a shame your service wasn't great on your second visit :confused:
It just shows what a difference your server can make to your experience
We are staying a WL for our next vacation so I am very happy to hear your comments on the pool bar. I better warn DH that we may be spending longer than usual at the resort :rotfl:

Yes, a busy little bee!!! I know it's not how most people do reviews on here, but I can't wait to get started on my TR so I wanted to get the dining reviews done! Plus I know they can be helpful to those going soon.

Um, yeah, WL pool bar= SCORE!!!! Talk to Kendra, she's been there forever and is really knowledgeable and nice!!!

dznyacct
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
You. Must. Try. That. Cupcake. OMGGGGG DEATH BY CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Make a date. Starring Rolls Cafe. Snack Credit. ChocoPbutter Cupcake. :rotfl2:

OK, because of your picture and great review, I have noted on my itinerary that one morning that we are at MGM (I know, I know Hollywood Studios, but it will always be MGM to me :rolleyes1), I will be using a snack credit to get one of those YUMMY cupcakes for breakfast :dance3: !!

BLTLDZ
06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
So exciting for you!! Congrats on your upcoming Disneymoon!!! I knowww I wanted to try Citricos so badly!!!

Yes, I was an LIW bride! I was also a bridesmaid for their Wedding of the Year lol. A bunch of people have recognized me from that :goodvibes

That is TOO funny :rotfl:
I am a 2010 bride over there. (Mrs. Z To be).
I am so excited to find a fellow disney obsessed LIW'er :rotfl2:

I hope I can write my reviews as well as yours!! :wizard:

floridascgirl
06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey there! Just stumbled upon your awesome reviews...thanks for all the great details and pictures. I'm gonna keep my eye out for your complete trip report. :3dglasses By the way, I love your Snow White...what a bold move. I was showing my DH your drink review photos and descriptions (esp. the tequila comments) and he said "Now there's a girl who takes her Disney drinks seriously!" Then he scrolled up and saw your Snow White and said "and apparantly she takes her Disney princesses seriously, too!" :wizard:

Pooh&OurHunny
06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Enjoyed your food reviews, Thanks for sharing and love the pictures

iheartpluto
06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I just read your whole Dining Review!!! I'm sorry Lori didn't work out for you guys, she was pretty great to us.. :( She even gave us champagne from Mickey on our anniversary.... But, I'm so glad your meals were yummy! I can't wait to read your TR!!! :) And yes, those Magical Star Cocktails are killer!

jackskellingtonsgirl
06-17-2010, 06:32 PM
YAY for dining reviews! :cool1:

I am sorry you had such wonky service at Yachtsman! I would NOT be happy if the server dumped tap water in my bottled water! :headache: We ended up cancelling our re-scheduled ADR as well, because Ricardo's dad had to go back in the hospital. :guilty: But we would rather not go if he isn't going to be there. We'll go next year.

iheartpluto
06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Awww thank you lil mama!! Same goes to you and your DH!! Talk about a gorgeous couple!!! We are like opposites- we're the blondies and you guys are the brunettes!! It's pretty cute actually. I think we need to plan a massive WDW get together!!! Jo and Eric would round out our crew, and our friends Tommy and Gina would be the ultimate addition!! Well, our dates are 11/18-11/21! T+G have said they just may be able to get down with us that trip! Also I know I can book more than one room on my 40% off pin.......!!!!!! HOLLER BABY!!!!!!

Ok back to Narc, WHAT A BUST! DH and I have left a penny, only once, and it was at a Chili's on I-Drive :rotfl: I also wrote her a little note which said "here's a tip, if you actually did your job you might get one" :thumbsup2 I was surprised when DH came out and said he left 10%. I would have left a fiver and a smiley face on the receipt, or nothing. Oh well, she did bring us DH's delicious dinner which we both enjoyed!

We need to do some SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!! Up in the World girlfriend!!!! I'm just as friendly as I seem!!!! :rotfl: Just ask Jo, we hit it off really well and now our poor husbands think we're nuts probably :lmao: Honey, this is my internet friend, Allegra....:surfweb::rotfl:

OMG, I just saw this!! I think we definitely need to do a big trip!!! I'm all about making new friends!! The funny thing about our instant connection though, is that I think our husbands had just as much fun as we did!!! :goodvibes Remember, it was their anniversary, after all!! :lmao: :rotfl:

princessallegra
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
That is TOO funny :rotfl:
I am a 2010 bride over there. (Mrs. Z To be).
I am so excited to find a fellow disney obsessed LIW'er :rotfl2:

I hope I can write my reviews as well as yours!! :wizard:

That's awesome!! There are a couple of other LIW brides on here too! Yes, I too am Disney obsessed! Feel free to PM me about it :laughing: Aw thank you, I'm sure your reviews will be awesome, and I can't wait to read them!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hey there! Just stumbled upon your awesome reviews...thanks for all the great details and pictures. I'm gonna keep my eye out for your complete trip report. :3dglasses By the way, I love your Snow White...what a bold move. I was showing my DH your drink review photos and descriptions (esp. the tequila comments) and he said "Now there's a girl who takes her Disney drinks seriously!" Then he scrolled up and saw your Snow White and said "and apparantly she takes her Disney princesses seriously, too!" :wizard:

Aw that's cute :) I do take my Disney princesses seriously! Really I only take Snow White super seriously because, after all, she was the first princess ever, and Walt's masterpiece :thumbsup2 I love your matching tie dye t-shirts!! They rock!! Your fam is super cute.

Enjoyed your food reviews, Thanks for sharing and love the pictures

You're welcome! We had a blast! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I just read your whole Dining Review!!! I'm sorry Lori didn't work out for you guys, she was pretty great to us.. :( She even gave us champagne from Mickey on our anniversary.... But, I'm so glad your meals were yummy! I can't wait to read your TR!!! :) And yes, those Magical Star Cocktails are killer!

I'm SOOO glad Lori was great for you! It was your anniversary, it had better have been great!!! MMM Magical Star Juice... (said in Homer voice) :laughing:

YAY for dining

reviews! :cool1:

I am sorry you had such wonky service at Yachtsman! I would NOT be happy if the server dumped tap water in my bottled water! :headache: We ended up cancelling our re-scheduled ADR as well, because Ricardo's dad had to go back in the hospital. :guilty: But we would rather not go if he isn't going to be there. We'll go next year.

Yeahhh it was an off night to say the least, in terms of service. But I have to say the food was EXCELLENT! We both devoured that fried soft shell crab, and my roasted rack of lamb was just perfection!! Such good food! Poor Ricardo though, I hope his dad is ok. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Meteora
06-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Sent you a PM as well, but thanks so much for the great reviews! My parents and I are trying the Cali Grill for the first time this October and are super excited about it.

LuvLuvLuv
06-21-2010, 10:02 PM
i haven't had a chance to read reviews in a couple weeks, but i'm all caught up now!! sorry about your service at yachtsman... next time as for Oscar... he's amazing!!! we can't wait to try california grill on our next trip!!

we're going back in november (were just there in may) and we are going for the last weekend of food and wine / first week of mvmcp!! figure we could knock it out all at once! we're re-doing yachtsman since it's our fave :)

everything looked great!! glad you had a great trip! you two are so cute!!

MousekaMaddi
06-21-2010, 10:33 PM
wonderful reviews!! im full!! LOL

princessallegra
06-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Sent you a PM as well, but thanks so much for the great reviews! My parents and I are trying the Cali Grill for the first time this October and are super excited about it.

Sent you one back!! Cali Grill is sooo good! We've never been disappointed there.

i haven't had a chance to read reviews in a couple weeks, but i'm all caught up now!! sorry about your service at yachtsman... next time as for Oscar... he's amazing!!! we can't wait to try california grill on our next trip!!

we're going back in november (were just there in may) and we are going for the last weekend of food and wine / first week of mvmcp!! figure we could knock it out all at once! we're re-doing yachtsman since it's our fave :)

everything looked great!! glad you had a great trip! you two are so cute!!

Dang, we're gonna miss each other by a mere week!! We're going 11/18-11/32 for DH's Birthday/MVMCP which is his FAVE! SOOOO jealous that you guys get to tie in F+W!!! We did that in 2005 and it was sooo much fun to snack around the World.

Aww thanks, you guys are super cute too!! I loved the part of your review where you gave him the puppy dog eyes and you guys switched entrees. That's SOOO something I would do to DH, and he would also switch. We got ourselves some good ones baby!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

wonderful reviews!! im full!! LOL

Thanks! We were full too!! :rotfl:

Leshaface
06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Oops sorry I never replied back to your post on my profile! :blush:

I seriously think it would be the funnest thang ever!!! The next time we'd go though is either Summer 2012 or Winter 2012 and i'm not sure when you guys plan on making another trip out there...I'm sure you can go more often than us, seeing as you guys live on the East Coast (lucky)...

Eek you called me LESHIE!!! I :love: when people call me leshie or lesha...not Alicia...I feel like i'm in trouble! :lmao:

Okay but really now, when are you starting your TR? I need something to read pronto! Between you and bangzoom, you're my only form of entertainment! :rotfl: Not that that's a bad thing! :lmao:

princessallegra
06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Oops sorry I never replied back to your post on my profile! :blush:

I seriously think it would be the funnest thang ever!!! The next time we'd go though is either Summer 2012 or Winter 2012 and i'm not sure when you guys plan on making another trip out there...I'm sure you can go more often than us, seeing as you guys live on the East Coast (lucky)...

Eek you called me LESHIE!!! I :love: when people call me leshie or lesha...not Alicia...I feel like i'm in trouble! :lmao:

Okay but really now, when are you starting your TR? I need something to read pronto! Between you and bangzoom, you're my only form of entertainment! :rotfl: Not that that's a bad thing! :lmao:

Hollaaa!!!!! Ok, 2012 it is baby!!!! When we get closer we can figure out summer or winter lol. I'm there!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Ahhh I know I'm slackin on the TR. I feel bad. But we had a really PACKED weekend where I thought I could get some time in, and it did not happen. Then DH had a really bad migraine that put him out for a day. AND my friend had her little baby!!! YAY! My first friend to have a baby. He is SO cute. I drove alll the way into Brooklyn (like by the Verrazano, on the water, DEEP) and visited her. His name's Dean! So I promise I will get started on my TR, I just don't know exactttttly when. :rotfl:

purpliequeen
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm so impressed with these dining reviews. Kudos to you! They were a pleasure to read. You did such a great job completing them as well!

deslynnpatterson
06-29-2010, 11:26 AM
hey girl!! Sorry i have been off the boards with awhile-- i got sick with shingles:( not fun! But OMG i loved reading all of your dinning reviews and can't wait to check out your TR!!! Narcossee's sounds amazing! It almost makes me want to switch a few meals around for our sept trip to get to Narcoosee's with my mom! Also we planned on trying yak and yeti too and i love your review from that too! All your reivews got my hungry now:) Thanks for giving us all wonderful reviews! I hope you had a blast on your trip:)

Sweetpeamd
06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
popcorn::

Tri-Delta4Life
06-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Love the dining reviews!! DH and I are big fans of Narcoossee's and Cali Grill too, so I loved reliving some of our favorite meal through your pictures!

On my March trip with my Mom and younger Sister, we had lunch at Les Chef de France. We also notice the abundance of attractive male servers. Ours was very easy on the eyes... Sis was obviously into him and we had some suspisions he might have been flirting back a little bit, so Mom and I convinced her to leave her number for him on the placemat. He ended up texting her back late that night and unfortunately we were leaving that next day! Apparently he wanted to give her his number but the managment discourages that so he was really excited when she left her's for him. They texted back and forth for the next week.... how romantic... we only wish we'd have got a picture with him!

princessallegra
07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm so impressed with these dining reviews. Kudos to you! They were a pleasure to read. You did such a great job completing them as well!

Thank you so much!!! That is so nice!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

hey girl!! Sorry i have been off the boards with awhile-- i got sick with shingles:( not fun! But OMG i loved reading all of your dinning reviews and can't wait to check out your TR!!! Narcossee's sounds amazing! It almost makes me want to switch a few meals around for our sept trip to get to Narcoosee's with my mom! Also we planned on trying yak and yeti too and i love your review from that too! All your reivews got my hungry now:) Thanks for giving us all wonderful reviews! I hope you had a blast on your trip:)

OMG that's horrible!!!! I'm SO sorry to hear that you were sick :sad2: :sick: :hug: I hope you're all better now. Narcoossee's was sooo good!! And definitely try Yak and Yeti, it was delish!

Love the dining reviews!! DH and I are big fans of Narcoossee's and Cali Grill too, so I loved reliving some of our favorite meal through your pictures!

On my March trip with my Mom and younger Sister, we had lunch at Les Chef de France. We also notice the abundance of attractive male servers. Ours was very easy on the eyes... Sis was obviously into him and we had some suspisions he might have been flirting back a little bit, so Mom and I convinced her to leave her number for him on the placemat. He ended up texting her back late that night and unfortunately we were leaving that next day! Apparently he wanted to give her his number but the managment discourages that so he was really excited when she left her's for him. They texted back and forth for the next week.... how romantic... we only wish we'd have got a picture with him!

Thank you!!

About your sister though, it's the greatest story ever!!!! How cute!!! I can't wait to tell my DH!!! He will get a kick out of it. Do you remember his name?

Disneymama5816
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
My daughter and I just read your reviews. LOVED them. We both decided we are gonna split one of those peanut butter cupcakes and one of the Boston cream ones that they have at 50's!!!:love: So glad you had a great trip!!!

princessallegra
07-02-2010, 11:07 AM
My daughter and I just read your reviews. LOVED them. We both decided we are gonna split one of those peanut butter cupcakes and one of the Boston cream ones that they have at 50's!!!:love: So glad you had a great trip!!!

That cupcake was THE ULTIMATE!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! We didn't try the boston creme cupcake at 50's, we should have! Dangit!!

Tri-Delta4Life
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM
About your sister though, it's the greatest story ever!!!! How cute!!! I can't wait to tell my DH!!! He will get a kick out of it. Do you remember his name?

I had forgot, so I asked Sis about it... his name is Gabriel and they still text each other. He wants her to come visit him in France :rolleyes1. He's either already back in France or he's going back soon. She's ticked because Mom and Dad won't let her go... I told her to wait till next summer when she's 18... I'm a great influence! :rolleyes:

princessallegra
07-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I had forgot, so I asked Sis about it... his name is Gabriel and they still text each other. He wants her to come visit him in France :rolleyes1. He's either already back in France or he's going back soon. She's ticked because Mom and Dad won't let her go... I told her to wait till next summer when she's 18... I'm a great influence! :rolleyes:

I LOVE your influence!!! I think it's the cutest story ever!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

tink,too
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I've just found your dining TR - what a fabulous read! :worship:

I'll be on the lookout for your TR. :goodvibes

Sassagoula Billy
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm only on page 2 but i just wanted to say that I love your report. I love your tattoo. I love your restaurant choices. I can't wait to read the rest.

Did I mention I'm loving it? :cutie:

disney_princess_85
07-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Great reviews, thank you! Looks like you guys had a fun time. May I just say, you're a very cute couple! I love your tattoos. :goodvibes

princessallegra
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I've just found your dining TR - what a fabulous read! :worship:

I'll be on the lookout for your TR. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

I'm only on page 2 but i just wanted to say that I love your report. I love your tattoo. I love your restaurant choices. I can't wait to read the rest.

Did I mention I'm loving it? :cutie:

Aww thank you!!! OK, so now I'll admit to totally lurking on your thread!! Loved your CP breakfast! You are freaking HYSTERICAL!!! I'll hop on over there and send you some salutations!!!! :goodvibes

Great reviews, thank you! Looks like you guys had a fun time. May I just say, you're a very cute couple! I love your tattoos. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!! You may say we're cute, but that doesn't stop every stranger from asking if we're brother and sister!!:rotfl: It's always awkward to be like, yeahhh no we're married!!! thanks for the tattoo love too!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Joshua_me
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
These have been *fabulous* reviews ! Some of the best ever posted here, in my never humble opinion....

Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and all the pictures as well.... :wizard:

princessallegra
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
These have been *fabulous* reviews ! Some of the best ever posted here, in my never humble opinion....

Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and all the pictures as well.... :wizard:

Awww thank you so much!!!!!!! Love your "never humble opinion" :thumbsup2

Leshaface
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok i'm back and am no longer MIA! :cool1:

Was on vacation near your neck of the woods...well not really about 4 hours away from you I think, and had a great time! Check out my post by the way! DH has an interview on Wed the 14th!!! :cool1:

Anyways, is your Disneymoon take 2, your TR?? Or have you still not started it yet? I know exactly how you feel...your all set and planned to start writing, and things come up all of sudden! Hope you hubby's feelin better! And congrats about the baby! Yeah, none of my friends have had any kids yet...so i'm waiting for someone to get preggers so I can spoil them! :lmao:

princessallegra
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok i'm back and am no longer MIA! :cool1:

Was on vacation near your neck of the woods...well not really about 4 hours away from you I think, and had a great time! Check out my post by the way! DH has an interview on Wed the 14th!!! :cool1:

Anyways, is your Disneymoon take 2, your TR?? Or have you still not started it yet? I know exactly how you feel...your all set and planned to start writing, and things come up all of sudden! Hope you hubby's feelin better! And congrats about the baby! Yeah, none of my friends have had any kids yet...so i'm waiting for someone to get preggers so I can spoil them! :lmao:

LESHIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hiiiiii!!!!! I'm gonna hop over to your thread and read up :)

Yes, it's the Disneymoon take two TR!!! Check it out!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Cin
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for posting your reviews. We plan on dining at California Grill and I am definitely going to order the banana caramel dessert. I love the pics. Your Snow White tattoo is adorable. Personally I am a Tinkerbell fan.