PDA

View Full Version : One romantic dinner...but on a budget!?

CJK
08-14-2002, 09:48 AM
Dh and I are going on a fairly long trip to WDW this September. We're on a strict budget, but I'm trying to convince dh to have at least one table service meal. On previous trips, we've been to Boma's, Chef Mickey's, Mexico, Rainforest Cafe, Hoop Dee Doo and Liberty Tavern. Any suggestions on another sitdown place we could go that won't break the bank? Also, Dh doesn't really like anything too exotic. TIA!

CarolMN
08-14-2002, 09:54 AM
My suggestion is the Kona Cafe in the Poly. It has a nice variety of good food, and prices are in the same range as the others you mention. I try to eat at least one meal here on every trip. Really like the coffe they serve there.

The Poly itself can be quite romantic. After dinner, you can stroll around the resort and catch the fireworks or EWP from the beach.

Enjoy your trip!

swankybeth
08-14-2002, 09:56 AM
How about the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian? Or, and I do know you said dinner, but this will be cheaper...How about a late lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table? As the previous poster mentioned, Kona Cafe is a great choice--definitely try one of their desserts. :)

Kermit
08-14-2002, 12:51 PM
I like Kona Cafe. Le Cellier (the restaurant in Canada) is also nice. Some people think that it's too dark and looks like a dungeon, but I like the atmosphere. The food is good too, and not exotic at all. Just really good cheese soup and steaks.

Hollymom1229
08-14-2002, 12:58 PM
Maybe CRT for dinner, not to bad on price, especially because alcohol isn't an option. Nice romantic atmosphere too.

CHIPSTER
08-14-2002, 01:02 PM
This is on my list of to do's - and maybe others have tried it and can comment - how about Chefs De France - they have a price fix dinner menu - $29.95 - which includes soup or salad, choice of entree, dessert and soft drink. YOu may want to add a glass of wine. Just a thought. You can check out the menu at www.wdwig.com

HookdonWDW
08-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Can anyone confirm that Chefs de France still offers the fixed price dinner? I have ressies for that restaurant on Saturday, for our anniversary, and the CM I spoke with couldn't confirm whether this was still offered or not.

Belle5
08-14-2002, 01:15 PM
We find San Angel (with a request to sit by the River of Time) to be very romantic. They have a varied menu that goes way beyond Tex-Mex and into the meats and fish. I love to sit under those stars and in the past they have always had Mariachi musicians on Tuesday nights (seems like we've been able to catch them around 6 or 6:30). I hope they have not been part of the budget cuts!

chell
08-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Cinderella's Royal Table wins my vote. My husband and I are planning on celebrating our anniversary here in September. We think it is the perfect setting at WDW for a romantic dinner.

imbe@aol.com
08-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by HookdonWDW
Can anyone confirm that Chefs de France still offers the fixed price dinner? I have ressies for that restaurant on Saturday, for our anniversary, and the CM I spoke with couldn't confirm whether this was still offered or not.

I know that it was still offered in late July -- several people in our party had this, and it really IS a great deal!

HookdonWDW
08-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Thanks Judi. Glad to hear that it was still offered last month - sounds like we should be able to take advantage of it.