PDA

View Full Version : PO Riverside Food Court

MO1KH
06-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Just back a coupla weeks from a wonderful WDW vacation where we stayed at PO Riverside. I have to say, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would rank it up there with previous stays at AKL and Poly. One thing we really liked was the food court (and Boatwright's was pretty good also). Great selection of items, and we ate breakfast here 5 of our six days. Really thought the cinnamon rolls were excellent, and my son killed the "Bounty Platter" each and every day.

Does anyone have pics? My kids, who can have a great time just about anywhere, had a blast sitting by the window and watching the big wheel, then heading outside to see the various animals that call the property home.

Thanks!

ThanksForNoticingMe
06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't have any pics for you. But I am excited to hear you liked POR. :)
We are staying there on our next trip, and plan on eating at the food court most mornings. What were your favorite food court items?

KandD
06-06-2010, 09:45 AM
We stayed at POR last September and are going back this September. I don't think I can ever convince my DBF to stay at a deluxe because he loves the darn POR foodcourt so much!!
It really is nice though with a great selection. His favorite was the bountiful platter in the am and the create your own pasta at dinner.

Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great time!

MO1KH
06-06-2010, 09:58 AM
We did Breakfast 5 days (the other day being a GREAT character B-fast at the Yacht & Beach Club). My son got the Bounty Platter all five days (eggs, potatoes, biscuit, bacon or sausage, and a choice of french toast, pancakes, or waffles) and it was large enough for two of us to eat. The oatmeal/granola bar is awesome (you choose otameal or granola, then they mix in your choice of ingredients like dried carnberries, raisins, banana chips, fresh raspberries or strawberries, and more). Also, highest recommendation to the warm cinnamon buns that seemingly come out of the oven every 15 minutes. Good enough that one was never enough for our family. Best part is that if you're on the DDP, this uses up just a couple credits and fills you up quickly.

We did lunch twice and it exceeded expectations on both occasions. They have some great sandwiches with great spreads that are unique to the resort (turkey with olive spread was one of the best sandwiches I've had in quite a while) and the Italian Meat sandwich was killer.

The view from the court is cool-one side faces the wheel from an old steamship, and you can see the marina and pools depending on your location. Staff is experienced and freindly. I can't say enough good things about this resort and the fun time we had. Don't forget, if you go fishing-say hi to Bucko The Magnificent!

ThanksForNoticingMe
06-06-2010, 10:26 AM
We did Breakfast 5 days (the other day being a GREAT character B-fast at the Yacht & Beach Club). My son got the Bounty Platter all five days (eggs, potatoes, biscuit, bacon or sausage, and a choice of french toast, pancakes, or waffles) and it was large enough for two of us to eat. The oatmeal/granola bar is awesome (you choose otameal or granola, then they mix in your choice of ingredients like dried carnberries, raisins, banana chips, fresh raspberries or strawberries, and more). Also, highest recommendation to the warm cinnamon buns that seemingly come out of the oven every 15 minutes. Good enough that one was never enough for our family. Best part is that if you're on the DDP, this uses up just a couple credits and fills you up quickly.

We did lunch twice and it exceeded expectations on both occasions. They have some great sandwiches with great spreads that are unique to the resort (turkey with olive spread was one of the best sandwiches I've had in quite a while) and the Italian Meat sandwich was killer.

The view from the court is cool-one side faces the wheel from an old steamship, and you can see the marina and pools depending on your location. Staff is experienced and freindly. I can't say enough good things about this resort and the fun time we had. Don't forget, if you go fishing-say hi to Bucko The Magnificent!

This might be a dumb question...but does the "Bountiful Platter" count as one QS credit?

jlhill4444
06-06-2010, 10:27 AM
We just got back from POR at the beginning of May and I agree the resort is wonderful. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and since we stayed in building 14 of Aligator Buyou there was very little walking. We also liked being able to go swimming in one of the little pools when we got back from a park at night. I liked the food court, but it got a little tired for me after two breakfasts. I did not enjoy my meal at Boatwrights at all. The food was overcooked and greasy. But would certainly stay there again!

rndmr2
06-06-2010, 11:50 AM
This might be a dumb question...but does the "Bountiful Platter" count as one QS credit?

Yes it does, then you get 2 drinks also. Milk and juice or coffee and juice, etc.

rndmr2
06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Here are the only pics I took at the food Court when we were there 5/2-5/9, not the best pics but here you go:

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/rndmr2/Disney%202010/Distrip336.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/rndmr2/Disney%202010/Distrip335.jpg

Outside on the way to the food court:

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/rndmr2/Disney%202010/Distrip333.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/rndmr2/Disney%202010/Distrip334.jpg

Sapper383
06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
We stayed at POR for 2 weeks last September. The resort is fabulous and the food court was excellent both in terms of choice and quality. We had the QS dining plan and ate breakfast most days at the food court. Each of us would get a bottle of water, a bottle of fruit juice and then get coffee etc. in our refillable mugs. Great value.

MO1KH
06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the great pics-you captured the essence of being there!

We also stayed at the Alligator Bayou, building 17, and it was a short walk to the main building where the restaurants, arcade, gift shop, etc. are located. The smaller pools are very nice, but Ol' Man Island has so much to offer and was a huge part of our trip.

We had a very good meal at Boatwright's, but that's not to discount anyone else's experience. I've been in the restaurant biz for over 30 years, and have to say that the grilled pork chop with housemade BBQ. sauce was killer! The prime rib was better than I've had in mnay restaurants (one that rhymes with schmout-tack), and the desserts were great. The only downfall was the kid's meals, which tend to be cheeseburger, chicken fingers, or mac & cheese just about everywhere.