PDA

View Full Version : DP tipping quesitons

FairyGodmotherJen
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I am trying to figure out our tips so that we can fill our envelopes before we leave (one week to go!! :cool1:). We're a large group (16), and I know that we'll have tips included in our bills. I've figured up 20% for each bill for our regular, sit-down table service meals. However, I'm wondering about tipping at buffet meals. My husband thinks $1 a person is acceptable. But will they still put an 18% tip on the bill? Anyone have any experience with large groups at buffet restaurants?

TDC Nala
06-05-2010, 10:10 PM
There's no longer any tipping discussion on the main restaurant board or sub-boards.

All tipping discussion, including discussion about tipping on the dining plan, should take place on the Tipping Information Thread on the main restaurant board. Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Please read the first post, which has an FAQ of popular tipping questions and an explanation of why the restaurant boards have a dedicated tipping thread in the first place.

Discussion of personal tipping preferences or habits isn't permitted, but you should know in regards to your question that if you are a party of six or more you will always have 18% tip added to your bill at all Disney TS restaurants, including buffets. You can find this in the Tipping Info Thread FAQ under #5.