PDA

View Full Version : Changing Resorts on the DDP

PoohsFan1
06-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

A really dumb question but had to ask anyways. This is the first time that my family will be doing DDP in September...we are booked at POR. I am just curious, if I wanted to switch resorts to say CSR (probably not going to happen but like I said, just curious) what happens to all of my ADRs? Will they stay the same or would I loose them? DH and I have contemplated on switching over to either CBR or CSR since we have never stayed at either of these resorts, but having a hard time doing so because we really love the PO Resorts. If I would loose all of my ADRs, that would solidify us staying at POR and not even consider switching over. Thanks for your help.

Broncobilly83
06-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Are you talking changing the resort now, or resort hopping mid trip. I do not know about the latter, but we changed resorts while still paying for our trip, as we got a 30/35/40 pin that let us upgrade from POFQ to WL at no additional cost, and it kept all our ADRs since we kept the same reservation number.

TDC Nala
06-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Nothing happens to your ADRs. Once you make them, they're made. If you want to cancel them, you have to do that separately from the room reservation, because the two systems are different. The room reservation number isn't relevant to the restaurant reservations after you've already made them. The only reason they want you to put in a room reservation number for restaurant reservations is so you can book 180 + 10 reservations or so you can book CRT or a dinner show online on a dining plan without prepaying. It does not irrevocably tie restaurant reservations to the room reservation.

And whether or not you are on DDP has no connection to your restaurant reservations (with the exception of booking CRT or a dinner show without prepayment being required.)

PoohsFan1
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you so much for the replys. When I was asking the question I was meaning switching my resort before our trip. Like I had mentioned before, the question was more for curiosity sake because I really don't think I have the heart to change from our beloved POR to another moderate (unless it was POFQ, but we were just there in March :goodvibes). We'll just have to wait on trying the other moderates for future trips. Thanks again for the info.