PDA

View Full Version : Books about Disney

MissChris
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi-

I'm hoping to get some recommendations for books about Disney that people have enjoyed. I'm not really interested in Biographies of the man himself, but more non fiction accounts of the parks or essays about travel, that sort of thing.

I deal with my Disney withdrawal by hanging around on disney websites :rolleyes1 and reading and I've run out! I have a full range of guidebooks, the Unofficial Guide, the Imagineers guides, the Complete Disney guide. And I have MouseJunkies and Behind the Magic which were both fun and informative. Is there some other book anyone has read and really loved? I need a new fix :upsidedow

Thanks

vonpluto
06-05-2010, 12:59 AM
This site should help:

http://pizarro.net/didier/

:thumbsup2

Uncleromulus
06-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Here are 3 great ones:

The Wonderful World of Disney Television by Bill Cotter and The Disney Films by Leonard Maltin.
Great descriptions of each and every TV show and movie, along with lots of asides about Walt himself, the Studios, etc.

And Disney A to Z by Dave Smith--all kinds of background and Disney History/Trivia in this one!!

MissChris
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks!

That website is very thorough, I guess I should be set for a while :woohoo:

arjones31
06-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Also, please check out the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson. Yes, they are young adult literature, but both my husband and me LOVED them, and we're in our late 30s. There are three out right now and all take place in the Disney World parks. FABULOUS!!

claudiajenfer1
11-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, also read The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide. The book provides advice Walt disney. It was written by a former cast member of Disney who wants to share the secrets she has learned. I went to Disney World several times in my life and I enjoyed every trip. Unfortunately, I did not have this guide in these times, and I spent a little money.

paulkaplan
12-13-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm so close to my heart, country bears, and all the nomads of the north Disney books from childhood that I have saved over the years and are still in good condition, if you are interested contact me to get them.

jassmine12
12-16-2010, 01:49 AM
I think you should get "Mickey Mouse" the comic book of Disney.

jessytimothy
12-29-2010, 06:21 AM
I am very big fan of Disney. This link is superb and best to getting full information about it. I like this links and It is also very helpful for me, I like to congrats to you for surviving.