PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe vs. regular dining plan

amtag
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I am going from August 25-29th - it is me (40) my parents (each 62) and my daughter (5). We have the regular dining plan right now and I have already overscheduled our TS meals, which is fine, but I am now wondering since I am 2 TS meals over the regular 4 credits each, should I upgrade to the deluxe plan? What is the difference? When I look it says 3 meals and 2 snacks per day per person, is this either TS or CS in the 3 meals?? Thanks in advance!

Right now we are scheduled for:

Cinderella's Royal Table dinner (2 credits each)
50's Cafe lunch (1 credit each)
Akershus breakfast (1 each)
Tuttal Italia dinner (1 each)
Chef Mickey's breakfast (1 each)

So that's 6 TS credits and we each have 4 right now, is it worth it to add more? We really wanted to go to all these places, I just figured if the cost of paying cash for 2 of them equaled upgrading to the deluxe plan, it may be worth it!

Faldred
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
DxDP doesn't have TS and CS credits, they have "meal credits" that can be used for either CS or TS.

You'd get 12 meal credits per person for 4 nights. You are already using 6 of those for TS. The general rule of thumb is that DxDP starts making sense if you're going to use 2/3 of the credits for TS, which would be 8.

So, if you want to book more TS meals, upgrade to DxDP. Otherwise, stick with basic DDP and just pay OOP for the two least expensive TS credits used (likely CRT).

katieam1
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I am going from August 25-29th - it is me (40) my parents (each 62) and my daughter (5). We have the regular dining plan right now and I have already overscheduled our TS meals, which is fine, but I am now wondering since I am 2 TS meals over the regular 4 credits each, should I upgrade to the deluxe plan? What is the difference? When I look it says 3 meals and 2 snacks per day per person, is this either TS or CS in the 3 meals?? Thanks in advance!

Right now we are scheduled for:

Cinderella's Royal Table dinner (2 credits each)
50's Cafe lunch (1 credit each)
Akershus breakfast (1 each)
Tuttal Italia dinner (1 each)
Chef Mickey's breakfast (1 each)

So that's 6 TS credits and we each have 4 right now, is it worth it to add more? We really wanted to go to all these places, I just figured if the cost of paying cash for 2 of them equaled upgrading to the deluxe plan, it may be worth it!

The Deluxe plan is 3 meal credits each day to use as you like (counter Service or Table Service) with the deluxe dining at table services you get an app, entree and dessert along with a non alcoholic drink.

I would just price it out, do the math and see if you can justify the cost. We LOVE deluxe dining. We love trying a whole bunch of different things each trip, with the deluxe we can go to many of our favorites with out having to decide between them. I also LOVE that my girls can have a breakfast every morning with a character. That way at least they see the characters once a day so if we don't want to wait in a line at the parks we don't have to because we already spent time with them. Plus I love taking snacks home for the long ride home to NY from Florida. For us it works out. For some it is too much food. Depends on your family.

Price out the difference in plans and see if it works for your family. Basically you are only over 2 credits so I am not sure how worth it in the end it would be but if you have multiple places you had to eliminate from your selection because of lack of credits then maybe it is.

amtag
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
thanks! I am definitely going to check into it then. I may just end up paying for CRT and leaving it as it is, that would solve it too. Appreciate the replies :-)

Cafeen
06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
The cost to upgrade should be about $392. Looking at the meals you have planned (and since all but Tutto and 50s are fixed price/buffets, this makes it easier ;))

Breaking it down (all approximates)
Cinderella's Royal Table dinner (2 credits each) : $57/ad, $35/ch = $206
50's Cafe lunch (1 credit each) : $23.50/ad (incl drinks & dessert), $7.50/ch = $78
Akershus breakfast (1 each) : $30/ad, $18/ch = $108
Tuttal Italia dinner (1 each) : $32.50/ad (incl drinks & dessert), $9/ch = $107
Chef Mickey's breakfast (1 each) : $27/ad, $14/ch = $94

So, let's pay OOP for the 2 cheapest meals on the DDP...
That would bring the total OOP cost to about $172 (plus the standard not included stuff), which is considerably less than $392. So, apples to apples, same itineary and ordering plans, the DDP would still be the better deal, while paying OOP for 50s and Chef Mickets. (You could save a little bit more by using the kid's credit at Chef Mickey's instead of Tutto, but that savings is pretty minimal since it's only 1 child).

Now, if you did decide to upgrade, you'd also get 12 credits to spend, so you could add more TS locations if you wish (up to 6 more credits worth) which this doesn't take into account. If you want even more TS locations (you'd have 2 unspent credits, assuming the CS credits from DDP are spent) either using the extra credits or converting your QS plans into TS plans, then I would go deluxe (though, for only a single TS it may not be worth it still, it's still a $120 gap to close).

amtag
06-04-2010, 11:52 AM
The cost to upgrade should be about $392. Looking at the meals you have planned (and since all but Tutto and 50s are fixed price/buffets, this makes it easier ;))

Breaking it down (all approximates)
Cinderella's Royal Table dinner (2 credits each) : $57/ad, $35/ch = $206
50's Cafe lunch (1 credit each) : $23.50/ad (incl drinks & dessert), $7.50/ch = $78
Akershus breakfast (1 each) : $30/ad, $18/ch = $108
Tuttal Italia dinner (1 each) : $32.50/ad (incl drinks & dessert), $9/ch = $107
Chef Mickey's breakfast (1 each) : $27/ad, $14/ch = $94

So, let's pay OOP for the 2 cheapest meals on the DDP...
That would bring the total OOP cost to about $172 (plus the standard not included stuff), which is considerably less than $392. So, apples to apples, same itineary and ordering plans, the DDP would still be the better deal, while paying OOP for 50s and Chef Mickets. (You could save a little bit more by using the kid's credit at Chef Mickey's instead of Tutto, but that savings is pretty minimal since it's only 1 child).

Now, if you did decide to upgrade, you'd also get 12 credits to spend, so you could add more TS locations if you wish (up to 6 more credits worth) which this doesn't take into account. If you want even more TS locations (you'd have 2 unspent credits, assuming the CS credits from DDP are spent) either using the extra credits or converting your QS plans into TS plans, then I would go deluxe (though, for only a single TS it may not be worth it still, it's still a $120 gap to close).

WOW! Thanks so much, you got to it before I did! Looks like I'll pay for 50's cafe and Chef Mickey's and keep it where we have it, since we still have our snacks and QS meals on the regular plan. Thanks so much for the info and taking the time to do that for me, much appreciated! :worship:

Faldred
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Looks like I'll pay for 50's cafe and Chef Mickey's

Note, make sure the child pays OOP at 50's PTC and Tutto Italia -- that'll save you money compared to paying for a child OOP at the buffets. You can use fewer credits than are listed on your KTTW card (mixing credits and OOP), you just can't use more.

amtag
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Note, make sure the child pays OOP at 50's PTC and Tutto Italia -- that'll save you money compared to paying for a child OOP at the buffets. You can use fewer credits than are listed on your KTTW card (mixing credits and OOP), you just can't use more.

Gotcha, good advise! Thanks!:goodvibes