PDA

View Full Version : QSDP Question for Aug

erinsmom
06-04-2010, 10:20 AM
If we drive on Aug 14 to Disney and arrive that night and stay for a week can we get the dining plan starting on the 15th?

GoMegGo
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
You would have to do a split stay. Your one night on the 14th would be one "trip" and the rest of your stay would be another.

That's what we are doing, but aren't planning on going to the parks the first day since it would mean buying another 1-day ticket. Instead, we decided to stay at a deluxe for 1 night before heading to POP to start the rest of our trip with free QSDP.

Faldred
06-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Any dining plan is based on the length of your reservation, specifically, the number of nights. If you want to stay more nights than you want to order a dining plan for, you will need to book a "split stay".

erinsmom
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the response. I guess we will just arrive on the 15th. I don't really want to do a split stay.

thunderbird1
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the response. I guess we will just arrive on the 15th. I don't really want to do a split stay.

You wouldn't necessarily have to change resorts, or even rooms, to do a split stay. We usually come in the day before free dining starts because the flights work out better for us. Just let the hotel know that you have a continuing reservation and give them both confirmation #'s and you shouldn't even have to change rooms.

You will have to go to the front desk the next morning to pick up your package with new room keys, park tickets, etc. But, having done this several times, it's no big deal. Frankly, it's better than trying to actually check in on the first day of free dining, which is a madhouse at Pop.

GoMegGo is right that you wouldn't have park tickets for that first night, but since you're driving in you'll likely be tired anyway and could just hang out at the pool. If not, you could always head to DTD for a while, or mini-golf, or visit another resort (watching the fireworks from the Poly beach is popular).

Have a great trip whatever you decide to do!

TDC Nala
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Seems you have the ideal situation to book a one-night room only on the 14th and then switch to a package with dining on the 15th. If you arrive in the evening you won't need park tickets for that night, and you really could get by without dining credits for that night. Plus you have a car, so you could even switch to a new resort on the 15th if you need to.

caisland
06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
We did a split stay in 2008 where we stayed on Disney for four nights but went to Cape Canavel and went shopping. Rooms were really cheap. Ended up being about $62 per night at the Pop. Then we started 8 nights on the free dining without changing rooms.