PDA

View Full Version : Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Pages : [1] 2

Tricia1972
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Questions about kids CS menus and kids CS credits come up a lot, so we figured a quick and easy FAQ would help a lot of members out.

What if a restaurant does not have a childs menu?
Then Disney will allow you to use your child entitlement to order an adult meal.

Which restaurants do not have a childrens menu?
• Toluca Turkey Legs (Disney Hollywood Studios)
Turkey Leg
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid Light
Lemonade, Nestea, Hi-C Punch
SmartWater
Dasani Bottled Water
• Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom)
Hot Dog Meal - served with apple slaw or french fries
Hot Dog
Corn Dog Nuggets
Brownie
Cracker Jack
Soft Drinks - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Light Lemonade &
Iced Tea
Chocolate or Whole Milk
Hot Tea, Hot Cocoa
Nescafe Coffee - regular or decaffeinated
Bottled Water
• Pete's Doggone Good Dogs (Magic Kingdom)
Hot Dog, Chips and Large Beverage
• Sommerfest
Bratwurst served with sauerkraut and roll
Frankfurter served with sauerkraut and roll
Black Forest Cake Roulade
Seasonal Crumble Cake - with whipped cream
Bavarian Cheesecake
Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Iced Tea, Lemonade
Bottled Water
Hot Tea or Hot Chocolate Coffee
• Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Fish & Chips 2 strips of fish served with chips
Shortbread
Soft Drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Light Lemonade, Peak Iced Tea
Coffee - Regular or Decaf
Hot Tea
Bottled Water
• Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
Assorted Sandwiches and desserts – menu varies
• Golden Oak Outpost (Magic Kingdom)
All Entrees served with Apple Slices or French Fries
Fried Chicken Breast Sandwich
Chicken BLT Flatbread
Vegetable Flatbread
Chicken Breast Nuggets (6 pieces)
French Fries
Triple Chocolate Cake
Carrot Cake
Chocolate Chunk Cookie
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lt Lemonade, Iced Tea
Bottled Water
Smart Water
Hot Coffee or Hot Tea or Hot Cocoa
• Boulangerie Patisserie (EPCOT – World Showcase)
Ham and Cheese Croissant
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Coca Cola, Dt Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange Soda, Nestea
Bottled Water
Orange Juice
Milk, Chocolate Milk or 2% Low Fat Milk
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Hot Cocoa

My kids hate Mac and Cheese and PB&J – is that all they are going to eat for our entire trip?
Not unless you want them to. Kids menus are fairly varied, and most locations try to offer “normal” kid fare with one or two options that appeal to kids with a more seasoned palate.

Below is a list of kid menus found online May 29, 2010. Remember, Disney reserves the right to change their mind day to day, so these selections may not be available on your trip. This is posted just to give you a general idea as to what is available as of May 2010. (We will try to update these menus as they are updated and as the volunteers (us) have time :goodvibes :

Kids Menus:
ANIMAL KINGDOM

Flame Tree BBQ
For Guests Ages 3-9
All meals include choice of 2 sides: grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or fruit punch gelatin Choice of: 1% milk, Small Bottled Water or Apple Juice
Baked Chicken Drumstick $4.99
Hot Dog $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drink substituted upon request
04/10

Pizzafari
For Guests 9 & Under
All meals served with choice of 2 sides
Grapes, Carrot Sticks, Applesauce or Fruit Punch Gelatin
Choice of Beverage: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice
Macaroni and Cheese $4.99
Child's Cheese Pizza $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drink substituted upon request
03/10

Yak & Yeti
All meals include choice of 2 side items: Carrot Sticks, Applesauce, Fruit Punch Gelatin or Chicken Fried Rice.
Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, Small Bottled Water or Apple Juice
Cheeseburger $4.99
Chicken Bites $4.99
Pork Egg Roll $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie, French Fries or Soft Drink upon request
04/10

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

ABC Commissary
For guests 9 and under
All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks or applesauce
Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water or apple juice box
Chicken Nuggets $4.99
Cheeseburger $4.99
Ham and Cheese Wrap $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie, French Fries and Soft Drink available upon request.
07/09

Backlot Express
All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce
Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water, or apple juice box
Chicken Nuggets OR Meaty Macaroni $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Pudding, French Fries and Soft Drinks substituted upon request
04/10

Fairfax Fare
All meals served with applesauce, carrot sticks, and choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice
Peanut Butter & Jelly $4.99
02/10

Starring Rolls Bakery
Peanut Butter & Jelly - Smucker's Uncrustable with grapes, applesauce and milk $3.99
09/09

Studio Catering Company
All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce
Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water or apple juice box
Peanut Butter and Jelly $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drinks available upon request
03/10

Toy Story Pizza Planet
for guests 9 and under
includes grapes and applesauce, plus choice of 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice box
Cheese Pizza $4.99
Chocolate chip cookie or soft drink substituted upon request
07/09

EPCOT

Future World
Electric Umbrella
for guests 9 and under
All meals: $4.99 each
with choice of two: applesauce, grapes, carrot sticks or fruit punch gelatin and a beverage: 1% milk, bottled water or apple juice box
Cheeseburger
Turkey Pinwheels
Kid's Cheeseburger
11/09

Sunshine Seasons
Breakfast
Kids' French toast - with sausage $4.09

Lunch/Dinner
Sweet & Sour Chicken and Beverage $6.49
Macaroni and Cheese with Beverage $4.99
Make your own Mini Sub and Beverage $4.99
Chicken Leg with Mashed Potatoes and Beverage $6.49
Smuckers PB&J Uncrustables Lunch Kit $4.49
05/10

World Showcase

Liberty Inn
For Guests 9 and under
All meals include Grapes and Carrot Sticks
Choice of: 1% milk, small bottled water or Apple juice box
Chilled Chicken Wrap - $4.99
Chicken Nuggets - $4.99
Peanut Butter and Jelly - $4.99
03/10

Lotus Blossom Cafe
Beijing Barbecue Drumstick - with 1% milk, small bottle of water or juice $6.95
03/10

Tangierine Cafe
All kid's meals are served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water or juice. Kid's meals are served with Carrot sticks and apple slices.
Hamburger $7.99
Chicken Tenders $7.99
Potato Chips and Soda available upon request
04/10

Yakitori House
Teriyaki Chicken with mixed vegetables, steamed rice and a child size soft drink $6.89
05/10

MAGIC KINGDOM

Columbia Harbor House
For Guests 9 and under
All meals include choice of two sides: grapes and carrot sticks. Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice.
Mixed Greens with Chicken $4.99
Chicken Nuggets $4.99
Applesauce, Cookie, French Fries, or Soft Drink substituted upon request
03/10

Cosmic Ray's
(Children 9 and under)
(All Sides of Restaurant)
All meals include grapes and carrot sticks and choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice
Chicken Nuggets $4.99
Turkey Sandwich $4.99
04/10

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
For Guests 9 and Under
All meals include grapes and carrot sticks Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice.
Chocolate Chip Cookie, applesauce, Fries or Soft Drink available on request
Hamburger $4.99
Mixed Greens Salad with Chicken $4.99
03/10

Pinocchio Village Haus
For guest 9 and under
All meals include carrot sticks, grapes and
Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice
Cheese Pizza $4.99
Applesauce, Cookie, French Fries or Soft Drink substituted upon request
05/10

Alibaba
06-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Hiya All from sunny Engalnd

Have been searching disney menu's again, for all the places we have chosen and the only childrens meals i can't get my head round are the following so wondered if anyone has experience with these

Sunshine Seasons, What do kids get? Saw the make your own sub, but what would they do for dessert?

Also WPE at Downtown Disney, on their breakfast menu they have no childrens options? Is it just that they are not on Allears and they have their own menu, or would they have to have cereal and milk etc?

Many Thanks in advance
Ali

terribm
06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Ok, I want to clear this up once and for all before we leave. We (2 adults, 2 kids 10 and 8) have QSDP. Is it true that the CS credits do not differintiate between child and adult? And does that mean that DD-8 can order from the adult menu if she so chooses? TIA for your help.

Faldred
06-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Is it true that the CS credits do not differintiate between child and adult?

Yes.

And does that mean that DD-8 can order from the adult menu if she so chooses?

No. Child credits are to be used for child meals only. There are a limited number of locations that don't have child meals; you can get a meal using a child credit there as well. See the new sticky (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479727) at the top of this forum for details.

Otherwise, you can't get more adult meals at a time than there are adults listed on your KTTW card.

Tricia1972
06-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I moved the threads together so all of the FAQ and Q&A on kids credits is in one easy to find place.

Faldred is right, as of right now they still show up as one pool on the receipt. He's also right that your DD8 may not order from the adult menu if you purchase a child's plan for her.

The menus in the first post will, hopefully, help you in finding places that are more appealing to your DD.

You can also consider upgrading her to the adult plan, or you could supplement her meals by sharing your adult meal with her.

Tricia1972
06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Hiya All from sunny Engalnd

Have been searching disney menu's again, for all the places we have chosen and the only childrens meals i can't get my head round are the following so wondered if anyone has experience with these

Sunshine Seasons, What do kids get? Saw the make your own sub, but what would they do for dessert?

Also WPE at Downtown Disney, on their breakfast menu they have no childrens options? Is it just that they are not on Allears and they have their own menu, or would they have to have cereal and milk etc?

Many Thanks in advance
Ali

Wolfgang Puck Express - If they don't have a childrens menu for breakfast, then you can order off of the regular menu. However, I thought that they did have a childrens menu. It was a GOOD menu, but it was kids size portions.

Sunshine Seasons - Before my big fall in Disney, when I ended up in a wheehlchair, I happened to take a few pictures of Sunshine Season's kids selections.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/tricia1972/IMG_0527.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/tricia1972/IMG_0526.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/tricia1972/IMG_0529.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/tricia1972/IMG_0530.jpg

So it looks like it's the 'usual suspects' as far as sides and desserts. I didn't see the kids cookie, but I am sure that it's hiding there somewhere. :rotfl:

2Tiggies
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Actually Sunshine Seasons has an option for kids at the Asian station and also make your own sub for kids. Unless it has changed since we were there last year.

WPE does have a kids menu, but not for breakfast, again, unless that has changed recently.

Tricia, I didn't know you had such a bad fall at Disney :scared1: Are you okay now?

Tricia1972
06-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Oops! I didn't mean to give the impression that Uncrustables were it for meals. (D'oh :headache:)

What I meant by my post was that the desserts and sides were the usual suspects (Choice of two - Grapes, Carrots, Apple Sauce, Jello) ::yes::

(My knee is much better, but I will always have the scar to remind me of Epcot)

2Tiggies
06-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Oops! I didn't mean to give the impression that Uncrustables were it for meals. (D'oh :headache:)

What I meant by my post was that the desserts and sides were the usual suspects (Choice of two - Grapes, Carrots, Apple Sauce, Jello) ::yes::

(My knee is much better, but I will always have the scar to remind me of Epcot)

Reading your post and the OP again, you were actually pretty clear. It's been another looooong and really busy week so my brain is in park right now :rotfl:

If you'd got your scar near Mission Space (or Test Track) you could have spun a tale to impress the kids ;) Maybe you could cover it wth a Mickey tattoo ....

sharonabe
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
When we were there in Dec, the kids could get one of the really good desserts at Sunshine Seasons with their kids meal. Just ask.

2Tiggies
06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Others have reported this too, but it doesn't seem to be consistent and appears to fall down to the fact that with Disney it is still a case of who you speak to. ;)

gigi1313
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Questions about kids CS menus and kids CS credits come up a lot, so we figured a quick and easy FAQ would help a lot of members out.

Which restaurants do not have a childrens menu?
Toluca Turkey Legs (Disney Hollywood Studios)
Turkey Leg

since this is a post re: dining plan/credits/etc, i have to ask, has the turkey leg been added to the DDP? when we had them in MK (feb '09) they were not included on the plan...

terribm
06-04-2010, 09:32 PM
since this is a post re: dining plan/credits/etc, i have to ask, has the turkey leg been added to the DDP? when we had them in MK (feb '09) they were not included on the plan...

They are no longer a snack credit. You should be able to use a CS credit for them.

gigi1313
06-04-2010, 09:36 PM
They are no longer a snack credit. You should be able to use a CS credit for them.

we were not able to use *any* credit, snack nor CS back in feb '09 in MK...

so, they are now a CS credit?! :thumbsup2 the menu doesn't list any "sides" or desserts... what comes with it?

TDC Nala
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
You can use a CS credit for a turkey leg at Toluca Legs (HS) or Lunching Pad (MK) apparently. You can't use CS credits at the small kiosks in Epcot or MK Frontierland that sell the legs, and you can't get a leg for a snack credit. (Note that it appears neither of these places serves dessert, so you wouldn't get a dessert. Sides would not be included even if they were listed. You'd get the turkey leg and a beverage. In effect, you would be giving up your dessert entitlement to get the turkey leg.)

trvlgirlmq
06-05-2010, 07:33 AM
This will be our first time on DDP so please bear with me. It looks like many CS don't have a dessert option on kid meals. You can substitute a cookie for your side though. Do you give up both sides (carrots and grapes) or only one? Sorry, I am a little confused by this.

It looks like at TS restaurants they get a sundae. I didn't see any other choices really when I looked at menus.

Tricia1972
06-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Kids get an entree, drink, and two sides at CS locations. So in your example of two sides (carrots and grapes), the grapes count as their dessert.

You are able to give up one of those sides (say you opt to give up grapes) and get a cookie if you choose.

If you want fries with their meal, you can give the other side (carrot sticks) to get the fries.

Then your child will have an entree, drink, fries and a cookie for their meal.

gigi1313
06-05-2010, 08:35 AM
ahhh, thank you!!! all cleared up now :)

CdnBuzzFan
06-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, tricia1972! I was trying to make myself a list of all the places that didn't have a kids menu so this really, really helps me with my planning for this year. My DS8 is a very picky eater. He wont eat the Mac & Cheese at Disney because he says it's 'too cheesy'; he wont eat the PB&J because he's afraid that the jelly may have pieces of fruit in it, etc., and I dont wont him eating pizza and hotdogs for the entire week.

For the meals where he will be eating from the kids menu, I'm planning on eating what he gets for dessert and ordering something for him off my menu. That, however, is because I'm a big dessert lover and don't want to do entirely without but I'm also a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers and don't want to gain 7lbs this time like I did when we went two years ago!!! :laughing:

chocolateMinnie
06-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Pool bar at Coronado springs resort didn't have a kids menu up to and including October 31st 2009 - can't comment since then!

Any cs meal plus drink and either oreos or chips for dessert applied to adults or kids. Burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wrap with fries were all very substantial and for 1cs credit were plenty for two to share.

koryandleslie
06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I am taking a 9 year old with me to Disney. Call him spoiled, whatever you may, but he likes good food. We have been on cruises and he sits at the dinner table and orders a steak, not mac-n-cheese.

Looking at the Dining Plan and not sure about this. For example, my husband and I would like to go to Tony's one night. While we are eating pretty good food, my nephew gets to choose fish, mac-n-cheese or spaghetti. Other places he doesn't even have that many options. Am I missing something? Can he get an adult item, just in a smaller portion?

We may have the Quick Service for free, but upgrade to the DDP for $10 p/adult/meal. How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?

TDC Nala
06-05-2010, 09:18 PM
How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?

Assuming you are talking about upgrading from a child's basic DDP to an adult basic DDP and not deluxe, it would cost $30 per night in a non-peak period and $35 per night in a peak period to upgrade just the dining plan. If you are on a package reservation with tickets, you must also purchase an adult park ticket for the upgraded child, so you would need to add the difference between the adult and child park ticket.

There's no way to upgrade unless you register the child as 10 years old, and if you do that, they need an adult park ticket.

If you are on a DVC reservation or an annual passholder ticketless package, then you don't need to worry about the park ticket but you still need to register the child as 10.

If you're on free dining and upgrading from QS at a value, you need to first register the child as 10 years old and they'd then have an adult QS plan free. Then you would upgrade to basic. The cost to upgrade the adult QS plan to adult basic is $10 per night. You'd need to pay the $10 per night plus the difference between the adult and child park ticket.

And a child on the child's DDP must order from the child's menu, they're not entitled to a smaller portion of regular menu items.

goin' again!
06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I am taking a 9 year old with me to Disney. Call him spoiled, whatever you may, but he likes good food. We have been on cruises and he sits at the dinner table and orders a steak, not mac-n-cheese.

Looking at the Dining Plan and not sure about this. For example, my husband and I would like to go to Tony's one night. While we are eating pretty good food, my nephew gets to choose fish, mac-n-cheese or spaghetti. Other places he doesn't even have that many options. Am I missing something? Can he get an adult item, just in a smaller portion?

We may have the Quick Service for free, but upgrade to the DDP for $10 p/adult/meal. How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?

I actually have the opposite problem. My DS 11 would much rather order from the childrens menu but now will have to order from the adult menu. Will he be able to order from the children's menu and use an adult dining credit?

Tricia1972
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I actually have the opposite problem. My DS 11 would much rather order from the childrens menu but now will have to order from the adult menu. Will he be able to order from the children's menu and use an adult dining credit?

He will have no problem doing that. Another thing that has been reported is that occasionally TS locations will make adult sized portions of kid items when using an adult credit.

goin' again!
06-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks! He would rather eat nuggets that almost anything else!:)

2Tiggies
06-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Pool bar at Coronado springs resort didn't have a kids menu up to and including October 31st 2009 - can't comment since then!

Any cs meal plus drink and either oreos or chips for dessert applied to adults or kids. Burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wrap with fries were all very substantial and for 1cs credit were plenty for two to share.

Can you go and order from there if you aren't staying at the resort? I don't care about getting adult meals for kid credits but I see they have nachos on the menu and we are planning a visit to CSR one afternoon.

MarinaDelRay
06-10-2010, 07:23 AM
With the DDP, do my kids (all under 9) have to order from the kids menu? I have noticed at the value resorts where we will pobably be staying there looks like only 3 or 4 choices? For instance, at POP Century there doesn't look like there is a hot dog for them on the kids menu. This food thing for picky kids is stressing us out!
Thanks

Tricia1972
06-10-2010, 07:30 AM
With the DDP, do my kids (all under 9) have to order from the kids menu? I have noticed at the value resorts where we will pobably be staying there looks like only 3 or 4 choices? For instance, at POP Century there doesn't look like there is a hot dog for them on the kids menu. This food thing for picky kids is stressing us out!
Thanks

Yes, they will need to order from the Kids menu. Disney's written policy regarding this is very clear to that effect.

You could upgrade your kids so they are above the age of 9 (in Disney's eyes). If you do this you will need to upgrade both your dining plan and park tickets, but the benefit is that your children could always order from the adult menu. (You could also upgrade some of your kids, if you think that they could share their adult meals and use the kid credits for mostly kids meal breakfasts)

You could also just order an extra appetizer or side dish for your kids to split and satisfy their more adult palate.

Also, the first post of this thread lists locations that do not have a kids menu, and where you can use a kids credit to order an adult meal. Also in the first post are kids menus for all park CS locations.

dance2874
06-10-2010, 08:57 PM
OK, a few yrs ago when we went and DD was under 3 she got the dining plan for free during free dining with our reservation. I didnt buy a park ticket for her but she was listed on our reservation so she got the credits. Now it seems that children under 3 do not get dining for free during free dining unless they have a park ticket as well...correct? DS is under 3 and a BIG eater. I am not looking forward to having to pay OOP for his meals when ours will be free.

Anyone know for sure?

Tricia1972
06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
OK, a few yrs ago when we went and DD was under 3 she got the dining plan for free during free dining with our reservation. I didnt buy a park ticket for her but she was listed on our reservation so she got the credits. Now it seems that children under 3 do not get dining for free during free dining unless they have a park ticket as well...correct? DS is under 3 and a BIG eater. I am not looking forward to having to pay OOP for his meals when ours will be free.

Anyone know for sure?

We had the QSDP in January, and though our 22 month old son was listed on the reservation, he did not get any dining plan credits.

In order to get dining plan credits, you'll need to purchase park tickets for the free dining plan.

(There is a ticket exemption for those staying on DVC points, but those staying on DVC points are exempt from free dining. Since you mentioned free dining, I assume that you aren't staying on DVC points)

TDC Nala
06-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Nope, children under 3 are not supposed to get dining credits. If you got them without registering the child as 3 years old, it was a mistake (in your favor, but still a mistake). You would have to register the child as 3 years old to make sure they got credits, and then you'd have to buy a park ticket.

Miss Mo
06-13-2010, 04:21 AM

Anyone know for sure?

I'm interested to hear what people say about this. I have read that unless you have a park ticket then under 3s don't get the dining plan. However, we booked online with Disney and our 2 year old was automatically added to the dining plan and we were charged something like 40 to upgrade him to the DDP from the QS that was free. We had no option about this, we were automatically charged for him when we upgraded our own plans. We phoned Disney UK to check and the cast member said that it had changed and 2 year olds counted!! Hmm! I have seen nothing about this anywhere but we thought we'd cross everything and hope that he gets on the plan, if it is an error it's Disney's error right?? But I certainly don't want to have to pay for a park ticket in order to get the dining!

mo x

dance2874
06-13-2010, 08:03 AM
When I called and booked my trip on Friday I asked the CM to be sure. Under 3 are free admission and do not get dining credits but you are welcome to share with them. So we decided to book mostly buffets so we can easily share with him and he can share our CS meals. He eats more than my 7 yr old so it will probably work out to share with her anyways.

I am positive back in 2005 when we went and DD was under 3 that she was also given credits but I guess it all changed.

TDC Nala
06-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Things might be different with Disney UK, but with US if you're not on the record as 3 years old you don't get credits.

Tricia1972
06-13-2010, 08:43 AM
When I called and booked my trip on Friday I asked the CM to be sure. Under 3 are free admission and do not get dining credits but you are welcome to share with them. So we decided to book mostly buffets so we can easily share with him and he can share our CS meals. He eats more than my 7 yr old so it will probably work out to share with her anyways.

I am positive back in 2005 when we went and DD was under 3 that she was also given credits but I guess it all changed.

I just don't want you to feel that you are not getting a service now that you got in 2005 when you went to Disney, so I did some research. From everything that I've read in the 2005 Dining Plan posts. Kids under 3 were never given credits on the MYW Dining Plans. I didn't research the old Silver or Gold plans, but all of the posts that I read from 2005 indicated that kids from 3-9 got credits and those under 3 had to share. Link to one of the posts from 2005 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=737594)

Disney has changed how they show credits on the receipt since then, but she was not given additional credits in 2005 unless you aged her so she was 3. Maybe you just used some of your credits for her :confused3

I found a few images of old dining plan brochures, just to confirm what I was reading in old posts on the board. I tried to shrink this photo so I could post it here, but it's gigantic. http://www.explorethemagic.com/images/disney-world-dining-plan.jpg this is one of the old brochures (it hit when I did a google search for 2005 brochures)

Hope this helps set your mind at ease. :goodvibes

MommyRobin
06-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm confused - if CS places can't differentiate between a child's meal and an adult meal, how are they going to monitor whether or not we get an adult meal for them? We are on the dining plan, but I was hoping to get my 2 kids an adult meal to share between the two of them.

TDC Nala
06-13-2010, 04:04 PM
CS meals for which you paid a children's price are to be used to order from a children's menu where they are available - this is Disney's written rule that appears in all dining plan literature. Disney's rule does not say you may use children's CS credits for adult meals in all instances.

The DIS has a policy about posting information regarding breaking a clearly stated rule of Walt Disney World. This sticky is to assist parents in finding children's options they like.

Honeystar120608
06-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I know the Turkey Leg is massively huge, and my ds won't even eat enough off of it. But he wants to be like daddy had have his own. So, I just wanted to varify that he can indeed use his Child's Snack Dining Credit (meal not snack) to get a drink and the turkey leg as long as it's not at a kiosk..is this correct?
Also I just wanted to be sure that my kids can get the cookie ice cream sandwiches in MK and the funnel cakes...I believe they are a snack credit, but they can use a snack credit on one right?

TDC Nala
06-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I have heard the cookie ice cream sandwiches may be in the process of being phased out as snack credits but the only place I saw reported you currently cannot get them is Dino Bites in AK.

If you get the turkey leg at Toluca Legs or at Lunching Pad you may use a child credit, as these restaurants have no children's menu. Please see the first post on this thread.

Miss Mo
06-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Things might be different with Disney UK, but with US if you're not on the record as 3 years old you don't get credits.

That's what I thought!! Our tickets have arrived and there are our vouchers for flights for all 3 flights, room details, park ticket vouchers for DH and myself but not for our 2 yo DS but the DDP vouchers there are 2 adults and one child - the child voucher actually says "Child age 3-9" and underneath says "Child age 2" :confused:

I'm thinking if this is Disney's mistake and we've been charged they surely can't take it away from us or force us to pay a park ticket can they?? We did tell them we thought they were wrong! I am now totally psyched up that he'll have his dining all paid for (and I won't need to share any of mine :lmao:)

mo x

2Tiggies
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
That's what I thought!! Our tickets have arrived and there are our vouchers for flights for all 3 flights, room details, park ticket vouchers for DH and myself but not for our 2 yo DS but the DDP vouchers there are 2 adults and one child - the child voucher actually says "Child age 3-9" and underneath says "Child age 2" :confused:

I'm thinking if this is Disney's mistake and we've been charged they surely can't take it away from us or force us to pay a park ticket can they?? We did tell them we thought they were wrong! I am now totally psyched up that he'll have his dining all paid for (and I won't need to share any of mine :lmao:)

mo x

Call Disney UK asap. You may be best asking to speak to a supervisor. It is a lot easier to get a refund if you have been overcharged (?) now, rather than afterwards, where you would have to pursue it as a claim against them for non-delivery of services listed on your confirmation. Likewise, if you specifically want to pay for the child to have the dining plan you need to have that done in the next few days.

Did you want the child to have dining credits? In their terms and conditions they still classify children/infants under 3 as non chargeable so your initial assumptions were spot on correct. This is all in accordance with Disney's policy. What I can tell you for certain is that whatever has been recorded on your final confirmation, and which will be passed onto your resort, will be what you get. The US system has no links whatsoever to the UK one so it is impossible for them to sort this out for you at check in as they have no access to the information.

I see you appear to have booked flight inclusive. Since your DS is over 2 you would have had to book a seat which classifies him as a child on the booking system. Trust me when I tell you that the OpenRide (Disney UK) system is completely warped in areas, but I have a not so sneaky feeling that this may be where the problem has come in. You would have been charged for your DS as a child because he is over 2, and this means that every component of the booking has him classified as a child. However by Disney standards a child is aged 3 and over. Disney at check in will treat your child as 2 because that is what is on your booking. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it because the system is flawed (in my not so humble opinion).

If you need any help, please feel free to post or PM me. I have had to deal with a similar type of issue with them but I was fortunate enough to have time on my side.

:goodvibes

Miss Mo
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Call Disney UK asap. You may be best asking to speak to a supervisor. It is a lot easier to get a refund if you have been overcharged (?) now, rather than afterwards, where you would have to pursue it as a claim against them for non-delivery of services listed on your confirmation. Likewise, if you specifically want to pay for the child to have the dining plan you need to have that done in the next few days.

Did you want the child to have dining credits? In their terms and conditions they still classify children/infants under 3 as non chargeable so your initial assumptions were spot on correct. This is all in accordance with Disney's policy. What I can tell you for certain is that whatever has been recorded on your final confirmation, and which will be passed onto your resort, will be what you get. The US system has no links whatsoever to the UK one so it is impossible for them to sort this out for you at check in as they have no access to the information.

I see you appear to have booked flight inclusive. Since your DS is over 2 you would have had to book a seat which classifies him as a child on the booking system. Trust me when I tell you that the OpenRide (Disney UK) system is completely warped in areas, but I have a not so sneaky feeling that this may be where the problem has come in. You would have been charged for your DS as a child because he is over 2, and this means that every component of the booking has him classified as a child. However by Disney standards a child is aged 3 and over. Disney at check in will treat your child as 2 because that is what is on your booking. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it because the system is flawed (in my not so humble opinion).

If you need any help, please feel free to post or PM me. I have had to deal with a similar type of issue with them but I was fortunate enough to have time on my side.

:goodvibes

I didn't expect to get dining for him but it automatically charged us. There is no way that we are prepared to pay for a park ticket to get the dining he likes his food but I don't think he'd eat that much food in 2 weeks. It's just now I'm psyched up that he'll have his own food already paid for! We only paid something like 40 to upgrade for DP from the free QS dining plan so I'm not so worried about leaving it to claim later if they refuse us. We have written proof that it was paid for so can Disney really refuse it to us if it's their mistake?? The system only added the adult park tickets but all 3 dining plans. We're tempted to play dumb - after all Disney UK HAVE told us that it's correct when we queried it, and if I wasn't the geek I am on here checking everything out lol, then we'd be none the wiser that it was an error.

What do you think?

Surely if he has the dining plan on the UK system then he must have it on the US system? No?

mo x

Miss Mo
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
PS Thanks for all the info - I do appreciate it!!

mo x

2Tiggies
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Surely if he has the dining plan on the UK system then he must have it on the US system? No?

mo x

From what I understand, no he won't. You see he is on the UK system, but it is "incompatible" for want of a better description, with the US system which adds children from age 3. The only way to get him onto the US system is, not only to have him registered as 3 years old, but to buy him a Disney park ticket. This is because the tickets and dining plans are linked and the dining plan category (adult/child/non applicable for under 3's) is directly connected to the category of park ticket (again, if applicable). Thankfully you didn't buy him a park ticket and honestly, not sure how long you are going for, but for a little guy, 40 will buy you a fair amount of little bits for topping up or supplementing his meals which he shares with you. Alternatively you could just buy the occasional kids meal for $5.

Of course you might get lucky and have a CM who is able to help you out when you check in but I suspect that as this is a system issue, it is more a case of they can't than they won't.

PS Thanks for all the info - I do appreciate it!!

mo x

You're very welcome. :goodvibes

Miss Mo
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
LOL look at me getting all defensive at maybe not getting something that we're not actually entitled to anyway!!

Hubby's all for arguing our case and seeing what happens and if nothing happens then so be it, we'll take it up with Disney UK on return and if we do manage to get what Disney UK have booked for us then great! But there's no way we're paying for a park ticket just to get the dining. I may change my mind and phone though - lol!

Thanks for your help.

mo x

Miss Mo
07-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x

2Tiggies
07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x

lol, it's me again!

The tickets you have are 14 day ultimate. Only available in the UK.

Because you booked in the UK you have to buy your DS a UK ticket because you can't buy MYW (the US) tickets through Disney UK. The shortest tickets they offer are 5 day premiums, which, if you have a look, cost almost the same as the 14 day ones.

As far as I know with UK bookings, because you and your DH have 14 day tickets, this is what you would have to buy your son as well.

Personally, for a 2 year old (even if he had a huge appetite) I wouldn't do this. What it will cost you in s to get the ticket for him (currenly 198 on the promotion) will give you approximately $300 if you simply exchanged the money. That is more than enough to buy some kids meals and snacks for him. Plus, with the large portion sizes at many of the restaurants you will have plenty to share. If you have buffets reserved, he will be able to be served his own food from the buffet at no extra cost. Just my 2c, but I think you are better off paying OOP for his meals. Even my 7 year old didn't get through her kids meal quota and she has a fairly average appetite for her age.

Edit to add: For the avoidance of any doubt, you can't add the dining plan at check in so you won't be able to purchase a one day base ticket at check in for him. Just making sure you don't get there only to get another unwanted surprise.

Miss Mo
07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks - answers all my questions, even the ones I didn't actually ask!! You are fab!!

mo x

2Tiggies
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks - answers all my questions, even the ones I didn't actually ask!! You are fab!!

mo x

You are so welcome. Not long until you leave now. Hope you have a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

Enter User Name
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Ok, I am still not quite getting this child credit, adult credit when a restaurant does not offer a children's menu.

If we were to go to Golden Oak Outpost because DD was hungry and she ordered off the menu do we need to tell them its for a child or be charged an adult credit? One post says they do not differentiate in which case I wont need to explain myself each time. DD is often hungry when we are not so she might be the only one ordering or it might be her and I while Daddy is riding a scary crazy roller coaster. I don't want to run out of adult credits because I didn't explain to the CM that the flat bread is for a child. DD does not not eat a lot of "kids foods" so I imagine we will be at the places that don't have a kids menu in order to meet her needs. On day 10 I don't want to find out that we have 20 kids credits and no adult credits :scared1:

Does that make any sense at all?

Tricia1972
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
You will have no problem on day 10.:goodvibes Just make sure you're using her credits for children's meals where they are available. If no childrens meal is available, then you are fine to order a meal off of their regular menu.

Kayleebug
07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I have a question about the QS kids desserts at Wolfgang Puck Express. Can they order any dessert, or do they get a kid sized cookie or something like that? Thanks!

Tricia1972
07-11-2010, 07:59 AM
They let us get whatever dessert we wanted when we used kids credits there in January. Not sure if that's the norm, but they didn't even blink when letting my 4 year old get the Creme Brulee.

twoplustwins
07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
We are using the Kids Free promo for our next trip, as it saved us more money than the Monster PIN or the FD. We then added the QSDP. I asked the CM how we could keep track of the adult vs. kids credits. When we were at WDW last November, the credits were all pooled together. It was difficult for me to keep track of them, especially when I took a child back to a park and DH went to the room with the others to rest. The CM said that this has changed and now the receipt reads how many adult credits and how many child credits are remaining. When did they change this? It is a great idea. I wish they would have done this before our last trip. It would have saved me some headaches!! :thumbsup2

TDC Nala
07-11-2010, 11:58 AM
They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.

twoplustwins
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.

oh yikes . . . I was excited when the CM told me this. I remember someone one DIS talking about some kind of punchcard they made. Any advice on how I can keep these straight? We have four kids to keep up with!!!!:worship:

averysmom
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?

dd50
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?

If there is not kids menu you can order off the adult menu. That is why they are pooled together because there are still some places that don't have kids menu's.

dandave
07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
You are supposed to keep track of the QS credits. Only you can do that, since QS credits are not separated.

disney1990
07-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Anytime you want, you can go to guest services at your resort and they will give you a complete listing of what credits you have used -- any where.

pperfectmom
07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Just save yourself the hassle and don't sweat it.:confused3 All you really have to do is remember that you can only order the proper meals that are indicated on your KTTW card. For example if you have 2A/2C in your party, that is what you can order. Keeping track of how many of each you have used or have left is not necessary.

twoplustwins
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Just save yourself the hassle and don't sweat it.:confused3 All you really have to do is remember that you can only order the proper meals that are indicated on your KTTW card. For example if you have 2A/2C in your party, that is what you can order. Keeping track of how many of each you have used or have left is not necessary.

I don't want to be out of adult meals and only have child credits left near the end of the week. It's just my over-planning OCD kicking in!!:lmao:

2Tiggies
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
oh yikes . . . I was excited when the CM told me this. I remember someone one DIS talking about some kind of punchcard they made. Any advice on how I can keep these straight? We have four kids to keep up with!!!!:worship:

If you look on the DISign board there is a thread for dining plan punchcards. You just post a request on there specifying how many nights you are staying, what kind of dining plan you are on and how many adults and how many children are in your party. One of the DISigners will make you one - and they look fantastic! :love: I have no problem with a small notebook and just mark them off when we eat, but then my party is one adult and one child. I am not sure how it woul work if I had to rely on another adult to remember to do the same if splitting up.

I will look for the thread and post you a link if I can find it. :goodvibes

2Tiggies
07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Here you go.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2125975&page=13&highlight=dining+punch+card

twoplustwins
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Here you go.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2125975&page=13&highlight=dining+punch+card

thank you for that! What a great idea. Now that I see an example, I can make one of my own and print it on cardstock. I should make two, that way DH and I can compare at the end of the day to make sure we have everything marked off as it should be.:thumbsup2

2Tiggies
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
thank you for that! What a great idea. Now that I see an example, I can make one of my own and print it on cardstock. I should make two, that way DH and I can compare at the end of the day to make sure we have everything marked off as it should be.:thumbsup2

Good idea. I know it is called a punch card and some people have asked about what to punch it with. I would just use a sharpie or whatever you are using for autographs and black out the used credits. Or get a pack of little stickers and let the kids get involved with covering the used credits. They get into things like this so quickly and won't let Dad forget ;)

averysmom
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't want to be out of adult meals and only have child credits left near the end of the week. It's just my over-planning OCD kicking in!!:lmao:
Can this really happen??? I mean, again, I thought QS credits were pooled b/c in some places there is no kids menu. So you had to keep track of how many you have used, but not what kind you have used!!!

So if I go to MSB for breakfast (no kids menu), and we order our two pastries and two drinks each and we only use two credits b/c we always share, do I have to specifically say "ring that in as two kids credits, or one kids credit and one adult credit" or we will run out of adult credits and only be left with kids credits????? If so, then that is new to this year.

TDC Nala
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Kids credits are supposed to be used to buy only meals from the children's menu, UNLESS the restaurant has no children's menu. MSB has no children's menu so you don't have to worry about what anything is rung up as there. If you have two adults and one child on your reservation you can go to another CS with a child's menu and order two adult meals and one child meal.

momtojam
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I am confused about how Disney tracks adult verses children quick service meals. Last year we had a QS at Casey's Corner and noticed that they do not have a separte kids/adult menu. The kids really liked eatting there, but how does Disney and me keep track of how many adult vs kids QS meals are left?
Thanks for the help! :confused:

ChristaDeVil
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
The credits aren't separated out into "child" and "adult". All of your QS credits go into one big pile, pretty much. If the QS doesn't offer a kid's menu, then your child can choose from the adult meal selections. You might look at the All Ears menus and get an idea of which QS's offer this. I have a 9 year old that is outgrowing the chicken nuggets and pizza, so I plan on seeking out the places that has a generalized menu so that he can have a better selection. I also see myself sharing my meals with him so that he can have a little bit of variety. I totally understand why they have the menu set the way they do, but my kid just happens to be one of the rare kids that would rather have my dinner than his.

TDC Nala
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
There is a list of some of the QS that do not have children's menus in the Everything You Wanted To Know sticky thread on this board.

CarolineInToronto
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone!

I've heard conflicting information about this so I figured I'd ask the experts here :)

We're doing the free DP in December where my 9yo qualifies for the Kid meal programs. When ordering CS meals at the parks, if we have 3 adults plus him, will our plan specify 3 Adult CS and 1 Kids CS daily, or (as I've heard elsewhere), will it just show 4 CS meals daily?

TIA!
Caroline in Toronto

Faldred
07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Your card will show 3 adult / 1 child, so that is the most you can order of each type at a time.

Your balance will list total CS credits (4 times # of nights minus those used so far).

CarolineInToronto
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks -- so this means that if he wants one of the adult CS meals, he can't use one of ours, leaving us an extra kids one to use up?

Faldred
07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks -- so this means that if he wants one of the adult CS meals, he can't use one of ours, leaving us an extra kids one to use up?

You can order up to 3 adult meals at one time. If you wanted an additional adult meal at the same time, you'd have to pay OOP for it (though note the sticky in this forum that lists the (very) limited places where adult and child CS meals use the same menu).

That said, you'd then have 1 extra CS credit. It's not assigned as an "adult" or "child" credit, but the intent of the plan is that credits allocated for children should be used for kids' meals only.

CarolineInToronto
07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
that makes more sense to me now... thanks bunches!

We figure that by reading over the menus with him ahead of time, we'll have a better idea of what meals we need to sub and/or if any of us would be happy with the kids meal offered :) LOL!

clanmcculloch
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
One other option that you have is to upgrade your 9yo to 10. During free dining, the cost is only the difference between a child's ticket and an adult's ticket (that's only $35.15 for a 10 day ticket). This will give you adult credits for TS and CS meals so that he can choose whatever he wants to eat at all meals. This is allowed by Disney and often encouraged by CMs. Just tell the CM at CRO that you want your 9yo listed as 10 and that you'll gladly pay the difference for this change.

CarolineInToronto
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
One other option that you have is to upgrade your 9yo to 10.

That's a brilliant idea... thanks so much!

Honeystar120608
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
One other option that you have is to upgrade your 9yo to 10. During free dining, the cost is only the difference between a child's ticket and an adult's ticket (that's only $35.15 for a 10 day ticket). This will give you adult credits for TS and CS meals so that he can choose whatever he wants to eat at all meals. This is allowed by Disney and often encouraged by CMs. Just tell the CM at CRO that you want your 9yo listed as 10 and that you'll gladly pay the difference for this change.

That is an interesting idea. In our situation, we have a 4 and 5 year old. Now, they could never eat a whole adult meal, but our son is a big eater (beacuse he is always go go go) and once in a while can pack down a pretty hefty meal.
So this being said, plus the advantages of having more options, upgrading them could be a good idea.
So based on the $35.15 for 10 days, a 6 day visit would average about $21.09 then?
Also, can they still chose from the kids meal if they wanted to?

2Tiggies
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
That is an interesting idea. In our situation, we have a 4 and 5 year old. Now, they could never eat a whole adult meal, but our son is a big eater (beacuse he is always go go go) and once in a while can pack down a pretty hefty meal.
So this being said, plus the advantages of having more options, upgrading them could be a good idea.
So based on the $35.15 for 10 days, a 6 day visit would average about $21.09 then?

Personally, at that age I would not upgrade them. Of if you do, only upgrade one child, not both. Your other alternative is to supplement any meals where your son is hungry either with a snack credit, OOP side order purchase, or some of your food. There is nothing stopping them from ordering off the kids menu on adult credits. It will still cost you an adult credit though so remember to take the proper beverage and dessert with you if you do this. Did you get free dining?

Honeystar120608
07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Personally, at that age I would not upgrade them. Of if you do, only upgrade one child, not both. Your other alternative is to supplement any meals where your son is hungry either with a snack credit, OOP side order purchase, or some of your food. There is nothing stopping them from ordering off the kids menu on adult credits. It will still cost you an adult credit though so remember to take the proper beverage and dessert with you if you do this. Did you get free dining?

Yes, we did get free dining, which is why we are entertaining the idea. They will not eat it all, but it's for the options. I feel that they eat too many nuggets some times. Im not saying there aren't kids options, but while Im eating ribs, my kids are eating the same old same old... I will discuss it with them, ask them what they'd want off a menu, and go from there.
I get where you are coming from, it really isn't WORTH upgrading them at this age, but to have the options...again I will check with them on what they'd want. Another thing, desserts. Kids menu(again) doesn't offer much for options.
As for doing one and not the other. That's just asking for trouble. :laughing:

catne
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Um, the ticket prices at Disney don't follow the "on average" form, because the major expense is loaded onto the front-end of the tickets (first 3 days are very expensive per day, then adding additional days is just a few $ per day.)

So, the diff between a child & adult on a 10 day ticket is about $35...the diff between a child and an adult 6 day ticket is about $33. It'd cost you about $66 to upgrade both kids to Disney adults. Keep in mind they'll then have your kids in the system that way, so should you choose at some point in the next couple of years to pay for the dining plan, you'd have to pay adult prices on the dining too...so you'd have to get them to "correct" the kids' ages should you want to only pay for the child's plan in the future. Can be done, just would require a correction by them.

That's magical Disney math, lol.

And yes, most places would still let them order the kids meals...but will charge the adult credit for them.

personally, having done the dining plan many, many times and being a mom of 4 grown kids (as well as having done child care for 20 years) I really could not see a 4 or 5 year old eating the adult dining plan meals...it's a LOT of food. Maybe the two would split an adult meal. Think instead of upgrading them to adults, I'd just use that same $66, or $10 a day, and use it to buy the occasional extra food item when the kids are hungry after finishing a meal.

Honeystar120608
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Um, the ticket prices at Disney don't follow the "on average" form, because the major expense is loaded onto the front-end of the tickets (first 3 days are very expensive per day, then adding additional days is just a few $ per day.)

So, the diff between a child & adult on a 10 day ticket is about $35...the diff between a child and an adult 6 day ticket is about $33. It'd cost you about $66 to upgrade both kids to Disney adults. Keep in mind they'll then have your kids in the system that way, so should you choose at some point in the next couple of years to pay for the dining plan, you'd have to pay adult prices on the dining too...so you'd have to get them to "correct" the kids' ages should you want to only pay for the child's plan in the future. Can be done, just would require a correction by them.

That's magical Disney math, lol.

And yes, most places would still let them order the kids meals...but will charge the adult credit for them.

personally, having done the dining plan many, many times and being a mom of 4 grown kids (as well as having done child care for 20 years) I really could not see a 4 or 5 year old eating the adult dining plan meals...it's a LOT of food. Maybe the two would split an adult meal. Think instead of upgrading them to adults, I'd just use that same $66, or $10 a day, and use it to buy the occasional extra food item when the kids are hungry after finishing a meal.

Well, after talking to them and the differences, which they do understand, they want the kids meals. Which, frankly, I don't care that much. I know DD will be fine, it's DS and him saying he's hungry. But you are right, we can just go buy him something OOP on those times. Especially his carrot cake. He talks about the carrot cake non stop since last year when we had free dining. I don't dare tell him we can get them here, and ruin his DW magic. :rolleyes1
And that is strange about Dis not changing the kids back to kids in the future for the dp. Def don't want that if we have to pay for the dp next time around.

2Tiggies
07-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Another thing, desserts. Kids menu(again) doesn't offer much for options.

No, it is far more limited than the adult plan. But then that also depends on how you and your DH eat. Will you both eat dessert twice a day, or would your kids be happy to share one that you pass on once a day? Some people really like to have plenty dessert because that is one of their vacations treats. I can't do that. It makes me thirsty (and lazy :rolleyes1) so I have no problem giving mine to my DD. Of course you have two children and I only have one so all is not equal. If your children are likely to prefer the entree options on the kids menus, then I suspect you may be better off just using that extra money to supplement their meals. It is likely that you will do less supplementing than you expect to since there is plenty of food. If you were planning to use snack credits for some breakfast items, you could save these up by bringing your own cereal. A large box of Cheerios at your supermarket will probably not cost much more than the individual ones at the food court. ;) for example.

As for doing one and not the other. That's just asking for trouble. :laughing:

:lmao: I get the point. ;)

catne
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, after talking to them and the differences, which they do understand, ...
And that is strange about Dis not changing the kids back to kids in the future for the dp. Def don't want that if we have to pay for the dp next time around.

Oh, they WILL change them back to the correct ages later, it's just not automatic. You have to tell them the info in their system is incorrect next time you make a reservation. As for the desserts issue...you can ask at the counter service about getting a dessert on the kids' meal instead of the grapes or whatever. Usually they'll sub a choc chip cookie, but I have seen people allowed to get those little pre-packed cakes, so worth asking. Anyway, if you want to buy him one, it'll be under $3 I think.

2Tiggies
07-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, after talking to them and the differences, which they do understand, they want the kids meals. Which, frankly, I don't care that much. I know DD will be fine, it's DS and him saying he's hungry. But you are right, we can just go buy him something OOP on those times. Especially his carrot cake. He talks about the carrot cake non stop since last year when we had free dining. I don't dare tell him we can get them here, and ruin his DW magic. :rolleyes1

For my DD its the gluten free brownies. I whipped up a batch at Christmas for her and she came to me all chocolate faced and said "Now I really don't want to hurt your feelings and I love your cooking but Disney makes 'em better!" :lmao:

If you tell them why you are upgrading they change the age. There should be no problem changing it back again on future trips by simply explaining this to the CM on the phone.

I am pretty sure, as Catne points out, that people have had a CM tell them otherwise. If this happens, hang up and call back. It is possible to call Disney 3 times in half an hour and have 3 different answers to the same question. It's just the way it goes.

2Tiggies
07-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh, they WILL change them back to the correct ages later, it's just not automatic. You have to tell them the info in their system is incorrect next time you make a reservation.

You guys are posting too quick for me! :laughing:

Anyway, if you want to buy him one, it'll be under $3 I think.
$3.59 at present. :) Or one adult CS dessert OR one snack credit, as you see fit.

Honeystar120608
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM
You guys are posting too quick for me! :laughing:

$3.59 at present. :) Or one adult CS dessert OR one snack credit, as you see fit.
I think $3.59 is worthy of a snack credit :) I wonder how many carrot cakes he will get with his snack credits. QSDP, he can get 2 a day :lmao:

Yeah, Im slightly torn just because I would like them to have the mash potoes and such, but the carrot sticks and grapes are super healthy. Could deal without the jello, but would never suggest such blasphemy on vacation lol Especially when I plan to eat as much of the ch cake as I can get my hands on ;) jk
Plus they LIKE the PB& J packaged sandwiches, and nuggets, and hot dogs. I just could never succumb to such a culinary pallet while on vacation. I need new and variety. DS is quite the same, but the little mickey dishes wins him over I think. So I can see I will have to share my QS entree, but so help me if I have to give up my ch cake. :lmao:
I will try for the prepackaged cakes.
I just have to say, my kids are NOT fussy or picky. They will pretty much eat what I put in front of them. I just don't like saying no if they want something other than the kids menu kwim? But again, I think pp was right, the money that Im not spending on upgrading will be a savings, even with me buying a meal or 2, or dessert or 2.

2Tiggies
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I just have to say, my kids are NOT fussy or picky. They will pretty much eat what I put in front of them

I don't suppose you have a user manual on how to achieve this? I am willing to pay upfront when placing an order. :lmao:

Faldred
07-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I don't suppose you have a user manual on how to achieve this? I am willing to pay upfront when placing an order. :lmao:

I'll pay extra for overnight mail.

Honeystar120608
07-21-2010, 09:36 AM

I'll pay extra for overnight mail.

Lol I wish I knew the secret to share. They get it honestly, both dh and I are eaters (unfortunately lol) I mean, they won't sit and eat raw onions or anything. Only problem dd has is with tomatoes. Texture I think, she tries hard to like them as we all like them. But it never seems to work. lol Poor thing.

jmpellet
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
So if I "upgraded" my 8 and 9 yo kids to adults could they share a TS meal? Would Disney frown on this? I just talked to my son about this and he is psyched to have more fish options!

Alibaba
07-23-2010, 01:54 AM
I just don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are doing the QSDP. How does the system keep track of your credits?
I know it shows on the receipts etc, but doesn't it just show them pooled?
How can you find out how many adult cs meals you have had, how many child cs meals are left, don't have a meal in somewhere like Caseys (which don't have a childs menu) and them take an adults credit and then end up on our last day with all child credits and no adult ones.
So just to clarify, although it tells you on the receipt how many general CS credits you have left, is there anyway of finding out a breakdown of these, specifying adult and child credits?
Sorry to witter on couldn't explain myself in a shorter way
Many Thanks
Ali

jmpellet
07-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I've never had the QSDP but I believe the CS credits are still all together so its up to you to kep track (or not). When going to a CS counter you can get only what shows on your card. So 2AD 3CH you could get 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.

2Tiggies
07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I've never had the QSDP but I believe the CS credits are still all together so its up to you to kep track (or not). When going to a CS counter you can get only what shows on your card. So 2AD 3CH you could get 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.

Correct.

Small note book or a dining punch card (link a page or two back) is a simple way to keep track. If you typically all eat together and each order your own meal you may not need to do this at all. If you are likely to split meals and split up at times it is worth having a system in place to help you.

imama
07-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Okay, NOW I'm confused...:confused3 I had this all straight in my head and then I started reading and it messed me up! :lmao:

So, we are on the QSDP, and paying for it because we used a pin code for our cabin. I have two adults, a 7 year old and a 9 year old on the plan. Our two year old is obviously not being charged.

Our first day at Disney we will only manage to eat 1 QS meal each because of our arrival time. This leaves us with two extra kids meals and two extra adult meals. We also have ADRs at Chef Mickey's that we are paying OOP for. This also leaves us with two kids QS meals and two adult QS meals unused since ADRs are at eleven and will be breakfast AND lunch for us that day.

So, my question is this: Can I add these unused credits in at any time? Like if we go to QS and order two adult meals and two kids meals can I order an extra unused kids meal credit from our leftover credits from the ADR? I thought I could do this and that Disney didn't care HOW you used the credits as long as you were buying the appropriate credits for adults or children. But then I read on this thread that if you have 2A/2C on your KTTW card that you could only order that much food and no more? :confused3 I want to make sure that we are able to add in our unused credits since we paid for them, otherwise it's not worth doing the dining plan. I just figured I could give the two year old the extra meals.

Help!

chickapinhill
08-02-2010, 08:07 PM
When you book a package with the quick service dining plan, do the credits all look the same, or do they distinguish between adult and children under 10?

moliuchick
08-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi my family will be using the QSDP from Aug 15 to Aug 20.

I have two questions here:

My DS is 8 and he usually eats adult portion of meal. I am planning to take him to some of the QSDP restaurants that don't serve kids meal so that he can get more food. Since this is my first time to use the QSDP, I am wondering if I have to specifically tell the server to deduct the "kid's lunch credit"? If I don't tell them, I am afraid that they might deduct DS's meal from DH's or my credits?

Another question is our meal plan is good till Aug 20, is it true that I will be able to use my credit till Aug 21? We will be leaving at noon time on Aug 21 so I am planning to use my meal credits for some package food at my resort to eat on the plane.
Can't wait for our trip to come. I am so looking forward to it but I am all stress out because of all these little details.:dance3:

catne
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi my family will be using the QSDP from Aug 15 to Aug 20.

I have two questions here:

My DS is 8 and he usually eats adult portion of meal. I am planning to take him to some of the QSDP restaurants that don't serve kids meal so that he can get more food. Since this is my first time to use the QSDP, I am wondering if I have to specifically tell the server to deduct the "kid's lunch credit"? If I don't tell them, I am afraid that they might deduct DS's meal from DH's or my credits? bearing in mind that the places with no kid's meals are not necessarily giving you larger portions...mostly they are some version of a hotdog meal which is not necessarily a large meal. But OK, if you go to Casey's you don't have to tell them anything...the system will ring up 4 CS just fine there. It does not keep track of how many kids/adults you have used, it only keeps track of how many kids/adults meals you order. The places with no kids meals do a sort of auto-over-ride to allow 4 meals to be rung up. Otherwise, it's simply a matter of your card showing how many kids/how many adults and the castmember telling you that you can't order more adult meals in one transaction than you have on your card. As example showed before, IF your card says 2 A 2 C, and IF the counter service you're at has kids meals then the people at the register will only ring up 2 Adult and 2 Childs meals in one transaction. If there are no kids meals, you do not need to worry about keeping track of anything. Really.

Another question is our meal plan is good till Aug 20, is it true that I will be able to use my credit till Aug 21? We will be leaving at noon time on Aug 21 so I am planning to use my meal credits for some package food at my resort to eat on the plane.
Can't wait for our trip to come. I am so looking forward to it but I am all stress out because of all these little details.:dance3:

the question is, when do you check out of your hotel? Your remaining credits are good until midnight on the day you check out. They don't disappear the last night you're staying in the hotel.

If you are checking out of your Disney hotel on the morning of Aug 21, then any remaining credits are good until midnight that day (when 8/21 turns into 8/22) So you can use them for breakfast on check-out day, or even lunch if you're checking out & then going to a park. That's what we usually do--have a partial park day on the day we leave & have a nice lunch before we hit the road.:thumbsup2 Some people even get to-go sandwiches & take a "picnic" to the airport with them.

moliuchick
08-02-2010, 09:36 PM
the question is, when do you check out of your hotel? Your remaining credits are good until midnight on the day you check out. They don't disappear the last night you're staying in the hotel.

If you are checking out of your Disney hotel on the morning of Aug 21, then any remaining credits are good until midnight that day (when 8/21 turns into 8/22) So you can use them for breakfast on check-out day, or even lunch if you're checking out & then going to a park. That's what we usually do--have a partial park day on the day we leave & have a nice lunch before we hit the road.:thumbsup2 Some people even get to-go sandwiches & take a "picnic" to the airport with them.
Thanks Cathy for the good info.
My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?

Laurin612
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I want to thank everyone who mentioned the available option of upgrading a younger child with a more "mature" appetite to a 10 year old so they can eat "adult" meals. I had no idea you could do that!

The last time we visited WDW, my son was 4 and had no problem with the kids meals. Now he is is 8, but he has a HUGE appetite and he likes the same foods we eat. I was really worried that he would be jealous of what his 12 year old sister was eating and that he'd be forced to eat kid's meals. Don't get me wrong, he likes chicken nuggets as much as the next kid, but he would much rather have adult dining choices. For example:

Flame Tree BBQ

What he'd like to order: BBQ ribs, chocolate mousse, lemonade

What he'd HAVE to order on the kid's plan: baked chicken drum stick or hot dog, carrots, grapes, milk/water/apple juice

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Calling to "upgrade" his age to 10 :woohoo:tomorrow!

serene56
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
So if I "upgraded" my 8 and 9 yo kids to adults could they share a TS meal? Would Disney frown on this? I just talked to my son about this and he is psyched to have more fish options!

You would have to upgrade his park ticket also- would be cheaper just to buy the extra?

My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?

this is what I am wondering since we have three different room packages with 6 adults but only one child-- thinking that is we go our seperate ways and someone goes to get her a meal-- where does it get cashed out as?

Faldred
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

This is precisely why child and adult CS credits are not differentiated.

free2div
08-12-2010, 12:45 AM
We are going for 9 days on DDP...2A 1C only the child will not bejoining us until the 4th day so we will have 4 CCS and 4 CTS that we will have extra. Cant we use the extra CCS to order extra meals..I am talking ordering childs meals not adult ..I can do a childs CS no problem and so can my DD..the question I have is can the childs TS meals be used to buy CS meals..if so how do we handle that so they dont use CS instead of TS..does this make sense. Please PM or email me since sometimes I can not find the original thread. Thanks

brendaziz
08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
last time I went, the kids and adults credits were combined on the quick service creidts on the receipts.
Is this still the same or is it separated into adult and chilhd credits now?
I'm NOT asking if I can use adult meals for kids or anything shady. Just curious as to how it reads on the receipt. Thanks!

patsal
08-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Same as before. your Key to the World Card will say the number of Adults (A) and Children (C), but the credits are all pooled together. When you order they will only let you order what your card says, as they always have, so if you go through the line and want 3 adult QS meals but your card says 2 adults that is all you will be allowed to order.

free2div
08-29-2010, 07:07 PM
We are going in Oct. It will be 3 adults and 1 child with regular dining plan. Our granddaughter is booked in our room and we are paying for her DDP. We get there on Oct 7 but she will not be there until Oct 11..my question is..we will have 5 Childs counter service meals left over to use. How many of those can we use a day say for when she gets there with us? We also have another child age 9 on dining plan with his parents in our group. Would we be able to use her credits to buy him meals on our card? Hope this all makes sense but I hate to see them go to waste. Thanks

Faldred
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.

free2div
08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.

ok..have 2 adult and 1 child on our plan..say can I use 2 adult and 2 childs credits for 1 meal?

TDC Nala
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
In one transaction you can purchase 2 adult meals and one child meal, as that is what will be printed on your key to the world card. You can purchase fewer than that in one transaction but not more.

motogp
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?

Tricia1972
09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?

Yes, your child will get the same meal that an adult would at those locations.

arrie25
09-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Is there any disney reataurant in toronta having children's menu...can anyone recommend me

dismommy2
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!

Faldred
10-12-2010, 06:31 AM
What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!

Children under 3 aren't covered by the dining plan at all. At buffets and other all-you-care-to-eat places, they eat for free anyway. Everywhere else, they can either share off the rest of the party's plates or additional food may be ordered for them out-of-pocket (including off the children's menu, of course).

lizziepooh
10-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Are the child and adult counter service credits on the dining plan all pooled together or do they show as (for example) 6 adult and 2 child credits remaining? I know kids are supposed to order from kids menu if available but how is it tracked? I'm just trying to figure out how we will know just which credits are remaining so as not to get mixed up. Thanks.

lizziepooh
10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
With the basic dining plan, how does the system keep track of how many remaining counter service credits are adult and how many are kids? Will it show the breakdown of child/adult credits remaining on a slip after the last person orders?
We will be a group of 8 (6 adults and 2 kids) who won't always be together at meal times.

momof2gr8kids
10-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

Tricia1972
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

Unfortunately the system has been abused, so CMs have been instructed by Disney to process CS credits as indicated on the KTTW card.

disneyfan2kids
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
If I have QSDP and 2 adults and 2 children. If my DH takes my 2 kids for fish and chips (no child menu there) will they charge us 3 adult credits? I'd hate to get charged for adult credits...and then I'm stuck eating kids meals as a result.:confused3

Faldred
10-28-2010, 02:00 PM
This sticky (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479727) should answer all of your questions regarding kids' meal credits.

Short version: CS credits are "pooled" precisely because of locations such as that (or Casey's) that have no kid's menu. You won't order more than 2 adult / 2 child meals at a time (based on your cards), but they all come out of the same pool of CS credits. It's up to you to track their usage.

disneyfan2kids
10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
But back to the scenario again... I don't eat fish. But my DH and kids LOVE it. I'm afraid that if DH goes and orders 2 fish/chips at Yorkshire, we'll be charged 2 Adult credits. Am I misunderstanding?

kaybird
10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
In short, go ahead an order the fish and chips. You will still have your CS for your adult meal.

disneyfan2kids
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
OK...thanks for the clarification! :-):thumbsup2

Nadjalu
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
All he has to do is when he gets the receipt is check it. Make sure all the credits are there as they are suppose to be.
Don't just rely on the CMs to do what they are suppose to do.

sandynd
11-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I am so disappointed that Columbia Harbour House doesn't offer any fish on the kids' menu. My little girl loves fish and so do I. We're going in January on the QSDP and I can't imagine having fish while she has to eat another uncrustable piece of nastiness. :( What's the point of going to a seafood restaurant that doesn't offer seafood based on age?

2Tiggies
11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I am so disappointed that Columbia Harbour House doesn't offer any fish on the kids' menu. My little girl loves fish and so do I. We're going in January on the QSDP and I can't imagine having fish while she has to eat another uncrustable piece of nastiness. :( What's the point of going to a seafood restaurant that doesn't offer seafood based on age?

They do a lovely kids chicken salad there. You could order that and the adult fish and share it (like sharing an appetizer and a main). My DD and I do that quite often and it works great for us. ;)

llqool
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know if Wolfgang Puck Express has added a children's breakfast menu? When we went last year, they didn't have one. We ordered 4 meals from the "regular" menu and it was a TON of food (the CMs even told us to share and save credits, but it was our last day, and we were using up all our credits on the way out of town). I am still salivating thinking about that meal, and it's on our list of must dos for January. But I checked on here and allears, and I still don't see a kids menu.....

2Tiggies
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if Wolfgang Puck Express has added a children's breakfast menu? When we went last year, they didn't have one. We ordered 4 meals from the "regular" menu and it was a TON of food (the CMs even told us to share and save credits, but it was our last day, and we were using up all our credits on the way out of town). I am still salivating thinking about that meal, and it's on our list of must dos for January. But I checked on here and allears, and I still don't see a kids menu.....

There were no kids items on the breakfast menu in October. I must say however, we ate at WPE three times on that trip and my 8 year old was on the kids dining plan so she ordered off the kids menu each time and the portions for the kids were big. I could easily have made a meal out of her kids meal.

livingskies78
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Hello we are new to the disney dining plan as we are closer to Disneyland. We are coming WDW March 2012 and our son will be 2 since he won't be on the dining plan is there somewhere that lists the menu and prices so I figure out how much it is going to cost

thanks

First Trip to WDW
Canadian Girl

TDC Nala
12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Hello we are new to the disney dining plan as we are closer to Disneyland. We are coming WDW March 2012 and our son will be 2 since he won't be on the dining plan is there somewhere that lists the menu and prices so I figure out how much it is going to cost

thanks

First Trip to WDW
Canadian Girl

A child under three eats free at any buffet or fixed price restaurant.

You can look up the menus (usually including children's menus) on the DIS home site at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

or at this site
www.allearsnet.com

but you should note that these menus may not be exactly the same as they are when you arrive, as Disney reserves the right to change menu offerings and prices at any time without notice and your trip is more than a year away.

engaged@disney
01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I love the kids dining plan at Disney and feel some restaurants do a great job in providing healty and varied options for the kids meals.

I wish Disney would consider a 'big kid' option of dining to transition between the chicken nuggets/applesauce crowd and the adult meal price.

2Tiggies
02-13-2011, 09:15 AM
I love the kids dining plan at Disney and feel some restaurants do a great job in providing healty and varied options for the kids meals.

I wish Disney would consider a 'big kid' option of dining to transition between the chicken nuggets/applesauce crowd and the adult meal price.

While I don't think we want another dining plan to have to get our minds around, it would be nice to have the option of a supplement whereby you could purchase 'add-on' credits for the 10-12 age group. But then, this is how Disney makes their money on the DDP. They get you hooked on it while it's cheap to the point you don't really want to go and not have it .... suddenly child turns 10 but still eats like an 8 year old and you are paying a whole lot of money, just because that's the way you've always done it. It may appear from reading the boards that everyone checks this out first, but in reality, it is a strong general tendency for people to do things because that's just the way the always have done them.

SPOERLX3
02-16-2011, 09:03 AM
We have always used the regular dining plan at Disney but this year we are taking 3 of our grandkids so we are doing the QS instead.

I am trying to wrap my brain :rotfl: around this QS and everything that I have read on this thread and I am hoping that someone can clarify this for me.

I get it that all the credits are pooled together
I get it that you will have allotments for the adults and an allotment for the kids (in our case-it is 3 adults + 3 kids) for 7 nights we should have 42 adult + 42 kids + 84 snack credits.
I also get that we must order kids meals for the kids as long as the counter service we go to offers a kids meal.

I thought I understood everything till I read this entire thread and there is one situation that I did not see addressed and I am like the other posters, I want to make sure that I don't get stuck with kids credits left at the end of our trip.

It is very commen for our family not to eat at the same time or maybe not the same thing for example: We go to MK-the kids want Casey's corner, my dd (21) takes the kids and orders 4 mini corn dog meals and then meets me and my dh at Columbia HH since we want fish.....we are both using our cards at virtually the same time-she is at a rr that does not have a kids menu/we are. Are we going to have a problem? Does she need to tell Caseys that 3 of those 4 meals are for kids?

Same goes at Epcot----3 of us want fish and chips when we get to the UK, the other 3 want to wait and eat in Mexico a couple of hours later....Do we need to specify in the UK that the meals are for kids even though they do not have a kids menu?

I just want to make sure that I fully understand.
I am like one of the other posters, I may upgrade my DGS to show 10yrs. the 2 DGD's don't eat much but DGS can eat us through the world!!!

Thank you all for your help! :worship:I love this thread----it is soooo helpful!

tyandskyesmom
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
We have always used the regular dining plan at Disney but this year we are taking 3 of our grandkids so we are doing the QS instead.

I am trying to wrap my brain :rotfl: around this QS and everything that I have read on this thread and I am hoping that someone can clarify this for me.

I get it that all the credits are pooled together
I get it that you will have allotments for the adults and an allotment for the kids (in our case-it is 3 adults + 3 kids) for 7 nights we should have 42 adult + 42 kids + 84 snack credits.
I also get that we must order kids meals for the kids as long as the counter service we go to offers a kids meal.

I thought I understood everything till I read this entire thread and there is one situation that I did not see addressed and I am like the other posters, I want to make sure that I don't get stuck with kids credits left at the end of our trip.

It is very commen for our family not to eat at the same time or maybe not the same thing for example: We go to MK-the kids want Casey's corner, my dd (21) takes the kids and orders 4 mini corn dog meals and then meets me and my dh at Columbia HH since we want fish.....we are both using our cards at virtually the same time-she is at a rr that does not have a kids menu/we are. Are we going to have a problem? Does she need to tell Caseys that 3 of those 4 meals are for kids?

Same goes at Epcot----3 of us want fish and chips when we get to the UK, the other 3 want to wait and eat in Mexico a couple of hours later....Do we need to specify in the UK that the meals are for kids even though they do not have a kids menu?

I just want to make sure that I fully understand.
I am like one of the other posters, I may upgrade my DGS to show 10yrs. the 2 DGD's don't eat much but DGS can eat us through the world!!!

Thank you all for your help! :worship:I love this thread----it is soooo helpful!

No...it does not matter which ounter service credits are used. Since all of them are the same, it will pool them all into one total. If you get to the end of your stay and on the last meal you are lest with three counter service meals, no one will be able to tell you if they are adult or child.

SPOERLX3
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
great! so basically the credits are not specific to Adult vs. kids, we ALL just need to be honest, use the kids for kids / adults for adults (when and where applicable) and follow the rules that Disney has set forth and if we are all eating together at the same place and they have a kids menu......our KTTW will only allow 3 adult meals and 3 kids meals since that is our allotment.

I think I have it! and if I don't....please correct me
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you so much.

SPOERLX3
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
after reading about some of the QS dining options, I have another question:laughing:

Cosmic Rays is an option that we want to try this trip since it has several options to choose from. I believe when we were there several trips ago, they had one side set up with a chicken/rib offering and the other side set up for hamburgers, etc. If I take my KTTW to the side of the restraunt that offers chicken, to order for part of my party, can my DH or DD21 go to the side that offers burgers and order for the rest of our party at virtually the same time with his KTTW?

I just want to make sure that one of us won't reject out since we will be ordering and they will be debiting our credits within minutes of each other.

Thank you to all for helping me get a complete understanding of the QS dining plan.:worship:

dntd
02-19-2011, 08:03 PM
So if I get an adult meal and share it with a kid it'ts dishonest? I thought it was pooled so it was easier for us to keep track of. Also who eats a half a chicken or a treat with evsry meal?

Tricia1972
02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
What you're saying isn't dishonest at all. However, according to Disney's policy, you need to burn that kids credit that you're not using at that meal for a kids meal later on in the trip.

delmar411
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
after reading about some of the QS dining options, I have another question:laughing:

Cosmic Rays is an option that we want to try this trip since it has several options to choose from. I believe when we were there several trips ago, they had one side set up with a chicken/rib offering and the other side set up for hamburgers, etc. If I take my KTTW to the side of the restraunt that offers chicken, to order for part of my party, can my DH or DD21 go to the side that offers burgers and order for the rest of our party at virtually the same time with his KTTW?

I just want to make sure that one of us won't reject out since we will be ordering and they will be debiting our credits within minutes of each other.

Thank you to all for helping me get a complete understanding of the QS dining plan.:worship:

That will work perfectly. We do that Cosmic Ray's too. It's always the case that someone wants something from a different bay. You could use all your credits at the same time if you wanted or one right after another. It's not setup to 'deny' meals unless it's out of meals.

nikten
02-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I read that when you go to a buffet they have a separate section that is just for children. Does this mean a child 9 and under can only choose items from that particular section? Just wondering as we are going in May and have never been before.

Also, I have read that the QS meals are harder to order. Can anybody give me tips on how to figure out what is included to make it easier?

Thank you! :cheer2:

nikten
02-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Wait...does this mean I have to keep track of how many QS kid meals vs adult meals we order? Doesn't it do this on the receipt? Let me know so I know what to expect.

Does everybody get their own card for dining or is it all on one?

zamboniman333
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
What you're saying isn't dishonest at all. However, according to Disney's policy, you need to burn that kids credit that you're not using at that meal for a kids meal later on in the trip.

Ok really sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have to ask. Ok So we are planning on going in Nov and for the 1st time going to try the QSDP we have only used the SDP before.

Ok so the question is this. We do not want to cheat the System or get it wrong so I am asking ( I think i understand but maybe not). We are 2 Adults and 1 Child (she will be 3 1/2).

as an example: we go for 4 days so that would 16 adult QSP Meals and 8 child QSP meals.

For 4 of the meals we go to a QS resturant that has a kids meal and then for 3 of the meals we go to Caseys or some where that does not have a kids menu. so we have spent 21 of the 24 meals credits. So when we get to our last meal will we only have 3 kids meal credits left? beause we havn't used all of the kids meals because of the QS without kids menus?

Hope the question isn't dumb???:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Tricia1972
02-27-2011, 10:36 PM
When you go to your last restaurant you will order a meal from the kids menu for your child and two adult meals for the adults. There will be no problem with how the credits are allocated.

zamboniman333
02-27-2011, 10:54 PM
When you go to your last restaurant you will order a meal from the kids menu for your child and two adult meals for the adults. There will be no problem with how the credits are allocated.

Thank you!

One more ? So lets say we gert to our last day and we have more QS meal credits then we are going to use, can we trade them in for snacks credits? I knwo not the best value but just a thought?:confused3

Thanks

2Tiggies
02-28-2011, 01:21 AM
One more ? So lets say we gert to our last day and we have more QS meal credits then we are going to use, can we trade them in for snacks credits? I knwo not the best value but just a thought?:confused3

This can be a bit hit and miss and the answer is that you often can, but it depends where you are. Unfortunatley there is no difinitive answer as to where you need to go to do this, but guests (incuding myself) have had more success at resort food courts than at the parks. I certainly found it much harder last year than in the past, but we did manage to do it.

Tricia1972
02-28-2011, 06:07 AM
I definitely agree that it can be tough to do.

One thing to remember if a restaurant (even in a park) says "No" then think of how to get snacks as a CS credit.

Basically a CS credit is:
Entree
Dessert
Drink

Two out of the three are already pretty much snacks. All you would need to ask is if you could substitute a second dessert for your entree (not "Can I convert my CS credit to snacks") If they only have fountain soda, then get a bottle of water so the snack is more portable.

If you can't sub the entree for a dessert, then I would get an uncrustable or a cold sandwich for the road.

schriverl
02-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I definitely agree that it can be tough to do.

One thing to remember if a restaurant (even in a park) says "No" then think of how to get snacks as a CS credit.

Basically a CS credit is:
Entree
Dessert
Drink

Two out of the three are already pretty much snacks. All you would need to ask is if you could substitute a second dessert for your entree (not "Can I convert my CS credit to snacks") If they only have fountain soda, then get a bottle of water so the snack is more portable.

If you can't sub the entree for a dessert, then I would get an uncrustable or a cold sandwich for the road.

What a brilliant idea! I hadn't even thought of doing that. We'd had 9 meals left our last day that we could have done this with.

zamboniman333
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you!:goodvibes

emmababy
03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, so I'm sorry in advance. This will be our first trip with dd now an official child on the ddp. Are the child's credit listed separate on the ddp for counter services?

Normangirls
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Nope - your account will just show a total number of counter service credits available (there is no distinction between adult meals and child meals).

ETA: GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!

kayjaybe
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Dh & I and our 2 kids (6 & 9) are on the regular dining plan. My kids don't eat a lot in one sitting. Here are my questions:

1 - Can they share a single CS meal? For example, let's say for lunch, rather than getting 4 CS meals, we can just get 3, right? We'd get 2 adult & 1 kid and then share them among all of us. (I hate to throw food away, plus that would leave a CS meal that we could use as a "snack" later in the day or some other time, right?)

2 - Can they share a single TS meal, as long as it isn't a buffet or someplace like CRT? (For example, at La Hacienda?)

3 - if the kids have to get a kids meal when one is available, but they don't track the kids credits separately, how does this work? For example, let's say we were going for 3 days. On day 1, we get 2 adult & 2 kid CS meals. On day 2, we get 4 adult CS meals because that is all they have. There are no kids meals available. On day 3, can we still get 2 adult CS meals, or did we burn them on day 2 because there was no other choice?

4 - unrelated to sharing meals - I see 1% milk on the list of drink options for the kids. Do they have chocolate milk, too, or white only?

Thanks for any help you can give!
PS - and yes...they are that small of eaters. Neither of them can finish a small happy meal. They are both very small for their age (dd 6 is 42 lbs & dd 9 is 50 lbs)

schriverl
03-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Dh & I and our 2 kids (6 & 9) are on the regular dining plan. My kids don't eat a lot in one sitting. Here are my questions:

1 - Can they share a single CS meal? For example, let's say for lunch, rather than getting 4 CS meals, we can just get 3, right? We'd get 2 adult & 1 kid and then share them among all of us. (I hate to throw food away, plus that would leave a CS meal that we could use as a "snack" later in the day or some other time, right?)

2 - Can they share a single TS meal, as long as it isn't a buffet or someplace like CRT? (For example, at La Hacienda?)

3 - if the kids have to get a kids meal when one is available, but they don't track the kids credits separately, how does this work? For example, let's say we were going for 3 days. On day 1, we get 2 adult & 2 kid CS meals. On day 2, we get 4 adult CS meals because that is all they have. There are no kids meals available. On day 3, can we still get 2 adult CS meals, or did we burn them on day 2 because there was no other choice?

4 - unrelated to sharing meals - I see 1% milk on the list of drink options for the kids. Do they have chocolate milk, too, or white only?

Thanks for any help you can give!
PS - and yes...they are that small of eaters. Neither of them can finish a small happy meal. They are both very small for their age (dd 6 is 42 lbs & dd 9 is 50 lbs)

Kids meals are really small. The chix nugget meat is 4 nuggets and a small handful of fries. My dd7 is also tiny and she could just about finish her meal. Could not share it with ds2. On the otherhand if she got pizza she would give one quarter to her brother and she would eat the other 3.
Hope this helps a little.

littlelaura
03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
WGP and EOS have a kids cs option, but i cant see any kids desserts; can they choose a 'big' dessert or do they get the default cookie

kayjaybe
03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Schriverl. Didn't realize they were that small. While they might not finish...probably not enough to share.

schriverl
03-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks, Schriverl. Didn't realize they were that small. While they might not finish...probably not enough to share.

Although maybe if you're a small eater you could eat the kids meal and they could share an adult meal... Or one of them could prolly share with you.

delmar411
03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
WGP and EOS have a kids cs option, but i cant see any kids desserts; can they choose a 'big' dessert or do they get the default cookie

at WGP they had the choice of soft serve or a cookie. I can't remember if there was a 3rd option. They got the soft serve but it was gross and the server replaced them with a cookie.

I don't know about EOS.

DrD
03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow, this DDP is ultra complicated.

Why does the brochure list appetizer for 9 and under only? so kids get an appetizer and adults don't? Seems counter-intuitive.

are TS credits tracked seperately for kids and adults? If I order a pizza (2 adult credits) does that mean I now have 2 "extra" kids credits that I can't use?

I checked the FAQ's but these questions didn't make them.

Why does it have to be so opaque? After 2 trips with 3rd coming up I still don't get it. last time I had all kinds of credits left becasue I had no idea what I was doing.

Thanks. now back to something simple like transplant immunology.

TDC Nala
03-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Why does the brochure list appetizer for 9 and under only? so kids get an appetizer and adults don't? Seems counter-intuitive.

Kids have to order from the kids' menu. Children's appetizers are not what you'd call a regular appetizer. It's usually a small salad, raw vegetable sticks, or a small cup of chicken soup. As part of Disney's attempt to market itself as providing "balanced" meals for children, it presents all its children's TS meals as three courses.

are TS credits tracked seperately for kids and adults? If I order a pizza (2 adult credits) does that mean I now have 2 "extra" kids credits that I can't use?

Yes and yes. But it's not necessarily that you can't use them - you can leave them unused if you want - of course, you don't want to because you have already paid for them. Or you can book an extra meal or two, pay cash for the adults and use credits for the kids. Or you may be able to trade them for snacks at your resort's counter service.

Be careful, if you're staying at a deluxe resort that has room service and you order a pizza, it's 4 adult TS credits, not 2.

Why does it have to be so opaque? After 2 trips with 3rd coming up I still don't get it. last time I had all kinds of credits left becasue I had no idea what I was doing.

That's what Disney wants - you didn't get the food you paid for, and Mickey got your money anyway.

DrD
03-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks.

someone told me today that kids can get an adult appetizer instead of kid's meal, is that true?

TDC Nala
03-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks.

someone told me today that kids can get an adult appetizer instead of kid's meal, is that true?

No, it's not true. Kids have to order from the children's menu. That's notwithstanding what any individual server might allow someone to do, but it's definitely not the rule.

squirrel
03-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Wow, this DDP is ultra complicated.

I checked the FAQ's but these questions didn't make them.

Thanks. now back to something simple like transplant immunology.

You can also go to the food court and pick up your pizza, drinks and dessert and it will cost you 2CS credits.

squirrel
03-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Does anyone know if you are just an adult with a child and want to order the large pizza meal on the DDP if you can?

I know the credits are supose to be adult, so I don't know if this would work or not.

Marla1106
03-17-2011, 07:47 PM
This is our first time that we have had the dinning plan. We are going in May and got the quick service plan.

It is me, dh, and our 5 year old ds that have the dinning. Our 2 year old won't of course.

Question.... Usually my 5 year old and the baby share a meal b/c the 5 year old barely eats and the 2 year old eats a ton. But, lets say that they are both very hungry one day. Can I use two of the kids meals at one time, along with a meal for dh and I? This might mean that I would have to come out of pocket later on in our stay (b/c we might run out of child credits) but I'd rather use them then and use them all. Or would it be better if I just used a snack credit at the same time so the boys have more food to share?

I'm sure the baby will also be sharing food with me and dh so it might not ever come up, but didn't want to break any rules.

TDC Nala
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Can I use two of the kids meals at one time, along with a meal for dh and I? .

Probably not. You only have one child on your KTTW card so you will likely only be able to order one child's meal at a time.

Does anyone know if you are just an adult with a child and want to order the large pizza meal on the DDP if you can?

I know the credits are supose to be adult, so I don't know if this would work or not.

If you get pizza delivery, you must use adult credits.

If you go to the counter service and order one for takeout, you can use any CS credits.

Tara D
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Question.... Usually my 5 year old and the baby share a meal b/c the 5 year old barely eats and the 2 year old eats a ton. But, lets say that they are both very hungry one day. Can I use two of the kids meals at one time, along with a meal for dh and I? This might mean that I would have to come out of pocket later on in our stay (b/c we might run out of child credits) but I'd rather use them then and use them all. Or would it be better if I just used a snack credit at the same time so the boys have more food to share?

I was wondering about that too. 4 year old barely picks at food and 1 year old could eat a house.

Could we just go back in line a few minutes later and order a second counter service meal for the other child? (We have the regular dining plan so one TS and one CS each day).

Rita007
03-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to trying the QSDP after having the DDP a few times. I'm travelling with my almost 7-year old who has a pretty good appetite. We are lucky to have recieved a free dining pin for our travel dates. After reading through this thread, I decided to upgrade her to an "adult" for the purposes of dining for our 7-night trip. In the end, the only difference in price was $25 more for the tickets and then she can eat anything on any menu and I don't have to worry.

Paying cash for the dining plan would be more expensive...an additional $186 plus the $25 for the tickets.

In the end the FD pin is saving me about $430...not too shabby and she doesn't have to eat those little processed chicken nuggets! :banana:

This was an extremely useful thread...thank you!!!

kycanonist
04-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I am officially so confused...

So, at TS, they have to eat kids meal. I get that. We go to Coral Reef and they have to have a kid's meal. I'm on that!

Now comes the confusion. I've tried reading this thread a few times, but I'm still confused...

At CS, they can have kids or adults meal? Or do they have to have a kids meal? Like if DH goes and orders, he can order 4 meals at CS and two of them don't have to be kids meals, b/c all CS credits are equal?

And CS credits are all equal... so, if we have 4 CS meals left, we can use them for four adult sized meals or four kid sized meals?

Tricia1972
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM
They have to have kids meals at CS locations with kids menus. In the first post it shows restaurants that don't have a kids menu. There they can order anything from the menu.

You will not be able to order 4 kids meals for breakfast and then get adult meals for your kids at lunch.

kycanonist
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Gotcha! So, if there is a kids menu at CS then you must use the kids menu. If there is no kids menu, then they can order off the adult menu. Got it!

sharonabe
04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Tricia (Moderator)...forgive me, I have not read through the ENTIRE thread. I just wanted to know if you would add Min & Bill's Dockside (DHS) to your list of CS w/o kids meals. There is NO kids option there and you get either a pretzel dog or Italian sausage hoagie, a cookie, and a drink (my memory could be failing me, but I think I got my shake as my drink and still got a cookie).
Thanks!

smiths02
04-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Is this a good plan?

So that I got this straight...we have 2 adults and 1 child on DDP for 5 nights, so 15 pooled CS credits...of which 5 are supposed to be for my son

I am planning this out ahead of time so I don't worry when we get there (I want to not break policy, but I don't want to wear a punch card either, sorry). DH will be leaving early and we share food a lot, so it will be hard to remember what credits we have (meaning, we won't usually walk up to a place and order all of what our KTTW says-we will usuallyorder fewer meals at a time)

Friday-arrival 1 CS kids meal at the resort for his dinner (I heard a report that they come in sand buckets at CBR, we'll see, I guess)
Sunday-Breakfast 1 CS kids meal at resort, Dinner 1 CS kids meal at WPE
Tuesday-1 CS at Yorkshire Fish (MK)-no kids meal available
Wednesday-1 CS at MSB (MK)-no kids meal available

So if I do this, I can feel free to use the other 10 CS as all adult meals...and my son has only had 3 "kids" meals and only 1 "standard" kids meal (dinner at resort) :banana:

sharonabe
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Is this a good plan?

Friday-arrival 1 CS kids meal at the resort for his dinner (I heard a report that they come in sand buckets at CBR, we'll see, I guess)
Sunday-Breakfast 1 CS kids meal at resort, Dinner 1 CS kids meal at WPE
Tuesday-1 CS at Yorkshire Fish (MK)-no kids meal available
Wednesday-1 CS at MSB (MK)-no kids meal available

So if I do this, I can feel free to use the other 10 CS as all adult meals...and my son has only had 3 "kids" meals and only 1 "standard" kids meal (dinner at resort) :banana:

You don't really have to keep up with it. All you need to remember is if all three of you are together and ordering meals, you can only get 2 adults and 1 child. If you are only ordering 2 meals, you can order 2 adult meals.

dfin
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if Wolfgang Puck Express has a childrens menu for breakfast?

DCDisney
05-08-2011, 11:16 PM
WGPE is not listed on the ddp brochure as a breakfast option.

kateybee
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I *think* I am clear on this but want to double check. For us it is 2 adults and 2 kiddos. I am not a big eater nor are our either of my kids. This is especially true for breakfast. Please correct me if this is inappropriate. I get that we will have 22 kids QS and 22 adult QS for our 11 night trip on the DDP this fall. We also have the snack and TS credits that will be used for snacks (obviously...) and dinners. Let's break it down into one day and tell me if this is okay.

Breakfast- order 2 adult and 1 child meal- I eat the kid one and my kids split the adult one (Hubby gets his own adult meal- unlike the rest of us- he IS a big eater!)

Snacktime- each get one snack

Late lunch- Likely that Hubby and I will not be hungry and/or will be saving our appetites for a big TS dinner. Order 1 child meal for the kids to split.

Dinner- TS meal for all.

That's okay, right? We have used 2 kid and 2 adult QS credits in this day. It's fine that I eat a kid's QS and my kids split my adult one, right?

Thanks so much!!!

sharonabe
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Kateybee....you are correct with all that you have planned.

However, the kids meals are very small. You may need to get a snack of something to supplement the kids lunch.

You will also get more value for your buck by using your QS for lunch instead of breakfast, but if breakfast is what you want, then that's what you want and you should do that.

2Tiggies
05-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Does anyone know if Wolfgang Puck Express has a childrens menu for breakfast?

No, the kids order off the same menu as the adults do. :)

WGPE is not listed on the ddp brochure as a breakfast option.

I think it is simply an omission. You can definitely get breakfast on the DDP there. I have not seen any recent reports to the contrary indicating that anything has changes.

NJDisneymom
05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, I am trying to grasp how this works and I'm not looking to "cheat" the system but I still have a question or two I hope someone can answer that I didn't see in the many pages of this thread I went thru (but I know I probably skipped a few somewhere).

First - I KNOW I can not get my 5 year old an adult meal, I have no interest in doing so. We will have 3A, 2C on our plan but one of those "adults" is an 11 year old who eats more like a 6 year old. Am I correct that I can not order her a kids meal though???
So if we are together I can not go up and order 2A, 3C, right? BUT if we are split up (we often do since there is a 6 year age gap between oldest/youngest and they have different interests in rides) if I have my 11 year old can I order 1A,1C and can DH who is somewhere with the younger boys order 1A,2C???? If that IS possible then at the end of the day does Disney keep track that I used 2A & 3C meals or just that I used 5 CS credits???

There are other instances where we are all together but I'm not hungry when we stop for a meal and will just pick off DH's and DD's adult meals, so maybe we'd only get 2A, 2C - so then have 1A meal left. Does it matter if we later use that to get a kids meal for one of my DS's (who are 8 & 5)???

I know technically I'm not getting MY money's worth since DD is booked as adult meals, and I'm sure 95% of the time she will just get the adult burger or whatever - but in the instance where she'd just rather have an uncrustable or a kids mac n' cheese I don't care about the $$$$ - just that she is eating what she wants and I don't want to be dumping a bunch of food in the trash either. I don't want to be breaking rules though and I'm not sure how to EASILY go about keeping track when it isn't as simple as just ordering 3A, 2C meals all at once.

Please help me understand!!!

3Minnies1Mickey
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry, I am trying to grasp how this works and I'm not looking to "cheat" the system but I still have a question or two I hope someone can answer that I didn't see in the many pages of this thread I went thru (but I know I probably skipped a few somewhere).

First - I KNOW I can not get my 5 year old an adult meal, I have no interest in doing so. We will have 3A, 2C on our plan but one of those "adults" is an 11 year old who eats more like a 6 year old. Am I correct that I can not order her a kids meal though???
So if we are together I can not go up and order 2A, 3C, right? BUT if we are split up (we often do since there is a 6 year age gap between oldest/youngest and they have different interests in rides) if I have my 11 year old can I order 1A,1C and can DH who is somewhere with the younger boys order 1A,2C???? If that IS possible then at the end of the day does Disney keep track that I used 2A & 3C meals or just that I used 5 CS credits???

There are other instances where we are all together but I'm not hungry when we stop for a meal and will just pick off DH's and DD's adult meals, so maybe we'd only get 2A, 2C - so then have 1A meal left. Does it matter if we later use that to get a kids meal for one of my DS's (who are 8 & 5)???

I know technically I'm not getting MY money's worth since DD is booked as adult meals, and I'm sure 95% of the time she will just get the adult burger or whatever - but in the instance where she'd just rather have an uncrustable or a kids mac n' cheese I don't care about the $$$$ - just that she is eating what she wants and I don't want to be dumping a bunch of food in the trash either. I don't want to be breaking rules though and I'm not sure how to EASILY go about keeping track when it isn't as simple as just ordering 3A, 2C meals all at once.

You are correct. They only keep track of the number of CS meals, not the breakdown.

jsgrand0
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM

I can promise you that Disney will not NOT let you use an "adult" cs credit for a child's meal. They aren't going to KEEP you from not getting your money's worth, which at the same time "makes" them more money. Not knocking them...they're a business and businesses want to make money...I paid for the dining plan for the convenience....worth it to not worry about how much we're spending!

SunnieRN
07-02-2011, 03:58 AM
I am officially so confused...

So, at TS, they have to eat kids meal. I get that. We go to Coral Reef and they have to have a kid's meal. I'm on that!

Now comes the confusion. I've tried reading this thread a few times, but I'm still confused...

At CS, they can have kids or adults meal? Or do they have to have a kids meal? Like if DH goes and orders, he can order 4 meals at CS and two of them don't have to be kids meals, b/c all CS credits are equal?

And CS credits are all equal... so, if we have 4 CS meals left, we can use them for four adult sized meals or four kid sized meals?
With QS credits, you can only order UP TO the amount of entitlements on your card, at one time. IE: 2 A, 2 C, you may order up to 2 adult meals and 2 childrens meals at one time. You may not go to the counter and order three adult meals and all share, unless you are at a CS location that does not have childrens selections. Hope that is not only 'as clear as mud'

If there is nothing my grandmunchkins like, we usually just use our adult meal credits and at the end of the trip, turn in the child credits for 3 snacks each.

jen42002
07-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Another question...

Thinking of uprading my almost 9 year olds to adults for DDP purposes (we are going during free dining so the cost is not much). I am certain they will order adult meals at the CS restaurants. At the TS restaurants, can they order child meals if the menu is more appealing to them? Will they give them a larger portion since they are listed as adults? The specific restaurants that we will be going to are Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo, Wave, Mama Melrose, Raglan Road and WCC.

Thanks!

turtlecall
07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
We are going to DW in Sept :banana: and have the QS DP. My son will require 3 meals a day and is 3 years old. We plan on getting him breakfast and lunch and then sharing our dinners with him, we have booked a few OOP table service meals (some at lunch and some at breakfast) so we may loose track of how many of each credits we use. If we ask a cast member how many child credits we have left and how many aduly credits we have will they be able to tell us?

dntd
07-15-2011, 11:30 PM
We are going to DW in Sept :banana: and have the QS DP. My son will require 3 meals a day and is 3 years old. We plan on getting him breakfast and lunch and then sharing our dinners with him, we have booked a few OOP table service meals (some at lunch and some at breakfast) so we may loose track of how many of each credits we use. If we ask a cast member how many child credits we have left and how many aduly credits we have will they be able to tell us?
They can only tell you how many credits you have left, not to whom they belong:)

turtlecall
07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
My biggest concern if that we are going to go up at the end of the week with our 2 adult meals and 1 child meal and they are going to say sorry you only have 3 child credits left if we miss calculate what we have used or loose track since we have 40 adult meals, 20 child meals and 60 snacks.

TDC Nala
07-17-2011, 05:36 PM
The adult/child CS credits aren't distinguished. The meals are. If your key card says 2 adults and 1 child then you can order 2 adult meals and 1 child meal.

poohbear22
07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Do they care if you double up on the sides for the kids meals? My DS loves grapes, and I doubt he'd want carrot sticks or jello; maybe applesauce, but grapes are a sure bet.

delmar411
07-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Do they care if you double up on the sides for the kids meals? My DS loves grapes, and I doubt he'd want carrot sticks or jello; maybe applesauce, but grapes are a sure bet.

doubling up is fine, we often do that as my boys love grapes too. There are also cookies or fries at some locations as a side and at Sunshine Seasons there is (was?) chocolate pudding.

cruise cruise cruise
08-03-2011, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=TDC Nala;41880123]The adult/child CS credits aren't distinguished. The meals are. If your key card says 2 adults and 1 child then you can order 2 adult meals and 1 child meal

So if we have 2 adults and 2 chidren on our key card, can we order 2 adult meals for lunch and 2 adult meal for dinner each day or at some point will they require us to order kid meals?

Tricia1972
08-03-2011, 10:41 PM
You can do that if you buy four adult dining plans.

If you have two children on your dining plan, then you need to use the credits that you paid the child's price for to buy children's meals.

newmommy_2010
08-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I hope I am not asking a repeat question but my DS will be 2 at the time of our trip will he be on the dining plan also or will he be required to share with one of us?

3Minnies1Mickey
08-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I hope I am not asking a repeat question but my DS will be 2 at the time of our trip will he be on the dining plan also or will he be required to share with one of us?

You can buy him a meal OOP or share. He will eat free at buffets and all you can eat meals. You can get the dining plan for him unless you say he is 3 which would require buying a ticket for him too.

KEPE
08-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I've read through the thread and didn't see this explained. We will be on the DxDP and we have our TS meals planned but we will have a number of credits left. I know the CS credits are pooled and the TS credits are broken out but what happens on the DxDP? What if we have 9 credits left and we eat at say, WGPE or something where there is no kids menu. Will they take 3 adult credits away leaving us with extra kids credits? Or do we have to tell them so they take 2A and 1C?

Diegosmom
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
A few pages back some suggested thinking outside the book when trying to convert CS to snacks...thank you so much...I would have never thought about this. We are going in Jan and so wee only get 1 snack a day. DS and I love desserts and treats...so we will be using our credits for ice cream and the sort but I can see us wanting more then one treat a day. So we would have ended up paying OP for some. But I totally see us having CS meals left over in the end. DH likes snacks but he is not that into treat type snacks...but someone said to use a CS for snacks...I just looked at Caseys menu and realized that would be perfect. A corndog nuggests with fries and a brownie for dessert and then a drink. We could get a milk to DS to drink in the morning (we will have a cooler to put it in) or if DH wants a soda he can have one (I wont be letting him use snack credits for drinks lol). This way we are getting like 4 snacks for a CS...we can all split it and be happy and I can even use DH snack credit later for a treat...thanks so much.

noname70
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
What are some of the options instead of cake/brownies etc for dessert? I've heard that you can get another drink-is that true? My kids don't eat many sweets.

TDC Nala
08-15-2011, 12:42 PM
What are some of the options instead of cake/brownies etc for dessert? I've heard that you can get another drink-is that true? My kids don't eat many sweets.

Kids don't get a lot of sweet options. At most Disney CS they can pick from a group that usually includes not only cookies or ice cream, but apple slices, carrots, grapes, maybe some yogurt. Don't know if kids can get a second drink. that's if they are 3-9. If they're 10 or older they can ask for these things or maybe a second drink. It's going to depend on what's available at each individual restaurant.

2Tiggies
08-15-2011, 12:42 PM

The kids menus don't have cake or brownies for dessert. Those are offered on the adult (10 years and over) menu. It may work quite well for your kids then. Although I doubt they would let you take a second beverage with a kids meal, children's meals consist of an entree and two sides which are generally a choice of any two items from grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or a cookie. If they like fruit then this could be a solution for you :goodvibes

2Tiggies
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Kids don't get a lot of sweet options. At most Disney CS they can pick from a group that usually includes not only cookies or ice cream, but apple slices, carrots, grapes, maybe some yogurt. Don't know if kids can get a second drink.

Spooky! We posted at the same time and it looks like you were right inside my mind :eek: :lmao:

MommytoaSweetie
08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
The kids menus don't have cake or brownies for dessert. Those are offered on the adult (10 years and over) menu. It may work quite well for your kids then. Although I doubt they would let you take a second beverage with a kids meal, children's meals consist of an entree and two sides which are generally a choice of any two items from grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or a cookie. If they like fruit then this could be a solution for you :goodvibes

It's also worth noting that the cookies that are available with most kid's meals are processed and icky - the adult dessert options are way better, so we just share them anyway and grab an extra bag of grapes if the kids aren't as hungry to eat later. Our kids normally get their entree (often the nasty processed chicken nuggets :() with applesauce and grapes, plus milk or juice.

DJFan88
08-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Where do you all do this "converting" to snacks from QS credits? Is it at your resort somewhere?

3Minnies1Mickey
08-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Where do you all do this "converting" to snacks from QS credits? Is it at your resort somewhere?

usually at the resort. You can trade 1CS credit for 3 snack items. It's up to the CM working if they'll let you do this or not.

Tricia1972
08-22-2011, 08:34 AM
usually at the resort. You can trade 1CS credit for 3 snack items. It's up to the CM working if they'll let you do this or not.

This is 100% accurate. I just want to add one more idea.

A CS Credit is a Drink, a dessert, and an entree. The first two are already snacks. You can quite often substitute a dessert/fruit/fries for your entree in the park and pretty much accomplish a conversion without actually using the word convert. Also, in the park, you can occasionally get a cold sandwich (or uncrustable) for the road as part of your CS credit. We often do this at Main St Bakery on our last day when we used the Dining Plans.

SPOERLX3
08-22-2011, 10:37 AM
This is 100% accurate. I just want to add one more idea.

A CS Credit is a Drink, a dessert, and an entree. The first two are already snacks. You can quite often substitute a dessert/fruit/fries for your entree in the park and pretty much accomplish a conversion without actually using the word convert. Also, in the park, you can occasionally get a cold sandwich (or uncrustable) for the road as part of your CS credit. We often do this at Main St Bakery on our last day when we used the Dining Plans.

We always end our Disney trip at DTD. We grab lunch at WPE and then we grab sandwiches at EOS to eat at the airport while waiting for the plane, then to goofy's candy company to use our remaining snack credits. :thumbsup2 Can't wait for December to get here:goodvibes

sunburnin
08-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

Thanks DISers!!!! My wife says he'll eat that $25 in his first meal. HA!

SPOERLX3
08-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

It will definitely be worth it! :thumbsup2

FjmArch
09-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if Disney makes there own Mac and Cheese or is it a name brand?

suetoo
10-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know if Disney makes there own Mac and Cheese or is it a name brand?

I know at least Liberty Tree Tavern is sponsored by Stauffers..so the Mac and Cheese is from Stauffers. I don't think that any of the restaurants "make their own" from what I have seen of my kids meals.

Tricia1972
10-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Just a friendly reminder. So long as Disney's written policy clearly states that kids credits must be used for kids meals, that's what we can discuss for tips and tricks on the boards.

Hints or suggestions on how to work around Disney's written policy will be removed from this thread.

For those interested in tracking credits on their own, check out the creative DISigns board. They offer several punch cards that you can carry that will help you out.

IndianSummer
10-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Just a friendly reminder. So long as Disney's written policy clearly states that kids credits must be used for kids meals, that's what we can discuss for tips and tricks on the boards.

Hints or suggestions on how to work around Disney's written policy will be removed from this thread.

For those interested in tracking credits on their own, check out the creative DISigns board. They offer several punch cards that you can carry that will help you out.

I'm not sure why my question was removed. It wasn't a hint or a suggestion, just a legitimate question about my confusion. I guess there really must be dumb questions, after all. :confused3

TDC Nala
10-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I know at least Liberty Tree Tavern is sponsored by Stauffers..so the Mac and Cheese is from Stauffers. I don't think that any of the restaurants "make their own" from what I have seen of my kids meals.

Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer sponsored by Stouffers. The new sponsor is Ocean Spray (the cranberry people).

vossjemi
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM

Hmmm....I was just thinking about doing this myself. Our 9 year old son will definitely eat the larger portions and when looking over menus, I KNOW he'd eat the ribs at cosmic rays as opposed to the chicken nuggets or mac and cheese most places seem to have. We also have an 11 year old daughter who eats like a bird and notoriously gets mac and cheese. Go figure. Can I let her use the kid credit and him the adult credit?

But I may just upgrade in case we get into a sticky situation where they both want the adult meal. We are only there 4 nights and 2 of our TS are breakfast buffets so it should only affect the other 2 TS and the CS credits. Was your $25 increase for a 7 day trip or $25 per day or what? Thanks!

audrey2580
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Can an adult order off the kids menu at a Counter Service while of the DDP? I'm thinking of changing my nephew to the adult DDP for the table service but he may want the kids lunch at the CS.

bigqt1
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone-

How do you upgrade a 9 year old to the adult plan? I did not book through disney and I got the free dining plan. When I called the travel agency that I booked through - they said I would have to cancel and rebook everything and the price has gone up since I booked. Is there anyway to upgrade my 9 year old through Disney without the travel agent getting involved?

MVC1225
10-21-2011, 12:43 AM
I understand that if you have an adult TS credit you can use this on a child's TS entree. If you do order the entree from the kid's menu, can you still get dessert from the adult menu?

Additionally, which restaurants have the "junior" meals if an adult orders the entree from the kid's menu?

Thank you.

DCDisney
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
You can't always order a kids TS meal with an adult TS credit. Usually you can but not always. Sometimes they will give you an adult sized portion of kids food and sometimes it will be a kids sized portion. Yes, if they allow and adult to order kids food they should still allow you an adult sized dessert. Typically the non-WDW owned places are less flexible on this (perhaps it affects their reimbursement?). Places like Akershus seem like they are always fine swapping adult/kid but don't give extra food. Typically you are better off ordering an adult entree and modifying it (leave off sauces, etc) if you can find something that works.

caribear
10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Just want to confirm that CS credits are all bunched into one group...not divided by adult/child. Not looking for any hints/tricks...or anything else....just an answer to my posted question. Thanks!

got2luvtink
10-26-2011, 07:47 AM

I don't think this is accurate. Not even looking at the numbers here, just going off my own situation (I'm doing the same thing for ds), and based off what I already know.

The $25 sounds about right for the increase in ticket price, but the upgrade for CS to TS is $11 per night, if you are there for say a 6 night week, that's $66. Add the ticket upgrade, that's around $91. Of course the cost would go up, the more nights you stay.

Still a good deal to me, but not $25.

vossjemi
10-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't think this is accurate. Not even looking at the numbers here, just going off my own situation (I'm doing the same thing for ds), and based off what I already know.

The $25 sounds about right for the increase in ticket price, but the upgrade for CS to TS is $11 per night, if you are there for say a 6 night week, that's $66. Add the ticket upgrade, that's around $91. Of course the cost would go up, the more nights you stay.

Still a good deal to me, but not $25.

Its accurate if the poster has free dining. I know because that is what we did. Upgraded our 9yo son to adult. All you pay is the difference in ticket price. Then since dining is free, he can order off the adult menu since he is listed as an adult.

got2luvtink
10-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Its accurate if the poster has free dining. I know because that is what we did. Upgraded our 9yo son to adult. All you pay is the difference in ticket price. Then since dining is free, he can order off the adult menu since he is listed as an adult.

I'm doing the same thing during free dining too. I had to pay for the ticket upgrade from child to adult ticket. I also had to pay an extra $11/nt for ds to upgrade from the child TS plan to the adult TS plan.

Now if we were just on the CS plan during free dining, then we would only have to pay for ticket upgrade.

Shoot, if you're saying you got to skip out on the dining upgrade fee, then maybe I need to call Disney and get my money back! :laughing:

But seriously, I couldn't really see Disney letting a child eat on the reg adult DDP basically for free. And now that I think about it, I'm wondering if OP is staying at a Mod or Deluxe, because if you're at a Value, TSDP is not free.

sharonabe
10-27-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm doing the same thing during free dining too. I had to pay for the ticket upgrade from child to adult ticket. I also had to pay an extra $11/nt for ds to upgrade from the child TS plan to the adult TS plan.

Now if we were just on the CS plan during free dining, then we would only have to pay for ticket upgrade.

Shoot, if you're saying you got to skip out on the dining upgrade fee, then maybe I need to call Disney and get my money back! :laughing:

But seriously, I couldn't really see Disney letting a child eat on the reg adult DDP basically for free. And now that I think about it, I'm wondering if OP is staying at a Mod or Deluxe, because if you're at a Value, TSDP is not free.

I think you figured it out. If you're staying at a value, you only get free QSDP and have to pay to upgrade to DDP and the price of ticket. If you're staying at mod or deluxe, you get free DDP and only have to pay price of ticket to upgrade a child to adult.

vossjemi
10-27-2011, 01:31 AM
I think you figured it out. If you're staying at a value, you only get free QSDP and have to pay to upgrade to DDP and the price of ticket. If you're staying at mod or deluxe, you get free DDP and only have to pay price of ticket to upgrade a child to adult.

This is correct. We are at staying at a mod resort, so we are on a free DDP not QSDP, so we don't have to upgrade that. We have DDP already. Ours was ticket price increase only...which was about $25 total to change him from child to adult. No other fees.

Pinkgirl
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
This is correct. We are at staying at a mod resort, so we are on a free DDP not QSDP, so we don't have to upgrade that. We have DDP already. Ours was ticket price increase only...which was about $25 total to change him from child to adult. No other fees.

Having just read this, I've had to go and email my travel agent to see how much to upgrade DD aged 8 lol!

Pinkgirl
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Hmmm Disney have just informed my Travel Agent that a "child" is a "CHILD" and you cannot upgrade them to an adult!!!!!! Okay, going to give it a few hours and wait for a shift change for a more knowledgable CM!!!!

vossjemi
11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Hmmm Disney have just informed my Travel Agent that a "child" is a "CHILD" and you cannot upgrade them to an adult!!!!!! Okay, going to give it a few hours and wait for a shift change for a more knowledgable CM!!!!

Well, I hope it works out for you. We just got back and had absolutely no problems at all. My TA is DU from these boards and they upgraded my 9 yo son to 10 and all we paid was the ticket price increase. Our key to the world cards listed him as an adult and he was able to order as an adult the entire trip. And I'm glad we did because he out ate most of us and would have NEVER been satisfied with chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and pizza. At the F&W, he was all about the escargot. And at Cape May, he had 3 plates of mussels before he started on the crab legs. At 50's Prime Time, he had the pork loin. He ate his entire chicken bbq pizza at WPE, as well as the bounty breakfast platters at various quick service places. Some meals were buffets where it didn't make a difference, but at sit down TS or QS, he was glad he didn't have to be stuck with a kiddie meal. Heck, when we went to Clearwater for the rest of our trip, he ordered grilled swordfish with a port wine demi glaze and bleu cheese on top and ate every bite! He also had a 10oz sirloin another night. And he's actually not a "big" kid. He's lean and muscular with an excellent palette for a 9 year old. He likes to cook, and I'm thinking I may have a chef on my hands. :)

Avonlady1001
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Just want to confirm that CS credits are all bunched into one group...not divided by adult/child. Not looking for any hints/tricks...or anything else....just an answer to my posted question. Thanks!

Was curious if this is still true as well...anyone know for sure?

I'd have your TA call back & say there was an error made...your child is indeed 10, not 9. Not upgrading...just fixing an error. :) Good luck!!

elleavon
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Well, I hope it works out for you. We just got back and had absolutely no problems at all. My TA is DU from these boards and they upgraded my 9 yo son to 10 and all we paid was the ticket price increase. Our key to the world cards listed him as an adult and he was able to order as an adult the entire trip. And I'm glad we did because he out ate most of us and would have NEVER been satisfied with chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and pizza.

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. I want to upgrade my duaghter for the variety, not for the portion sizes. She likes to try new foods, and would certainly be disappointed to watch her dad and me order interesting adult meals, while she is expected to eat chicken nuggets.

This will be the first visit to Disney World for all 3 off us. Until I started reading these boards, I was thinking we'd be eating overpriced convenience store-type nachos and hot dogs for all our meals. Can you tell I'm a naive theme park visitor? Imagine my delight to discover they have real food there too!

Ellen

Tarffri
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I already paid for the DDP for my trip in March 2012 because I didn't want to be hassled with pulling cash out all day long in the parks, but am extremely disappointed with the kids menu choices. So ridiculously limited! Wish I had found this out before I purchased it. My kid may be unusual, but she hates cheese. So that lets out mac & cheese (makes her gag), and she will have to special order every burger because virtually every menu lists CHEESEburgers. Other than that, what are her choices? I've looked at every menu, most of them offer chicken nuggets (she likes only occasionally), and PBJ sandwiches (are you kidding me? She won't eat that). My nine y.o. likes to eat all sorts of food. I have to plan my trip extra carefully to find the places that offer more choices. My question is this: Can I eat some of the kids' meals myself and swap and let my kid eat the healthier fare? Can we split meals? Can we share each others' meals? I'd be willing to virtually starve myself to ensure that she eats right that week.

Other complaints: Lots of the quick service kiosks (that offer things that we both like) are not listed on the DDP. What a rip-off! With only the two of us, I cannot see how we will get our money's worth with the DDP. Disney needs to be more flexible with their DDP. Not everyone's kids eats nothing but chicken nuggets, mac & cheese and PBJ. And not all parents want their kids to eat dessert with every meal.
:dogdance::3dglasses:earsboy:

TDC Nala
11-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Can I eat some of the kids' meals myself and swap and let my kid eat the healthier fare?

Yes.

Can we split meals? Can we share each others' meals?

Yes, except at fixed price restaurants.

Which "quick service kiosks" were you looking for that aren't listed for DDP? If you are looking at the 2012 DDP listing, it is possible the ones you want haven't been added yet because they are not operated by Disney.

The problem with the dining plan in this respect is that the child's dining plan is so inexpensive, which is one reason why the offerings are very limited. As for the dessert thing - that is the nature of the dining plan, it includes dessert with every meal (except breakfast). The options are 1) upgrade the child and pay for an adult dining plan and ticket (doesn't help with the desserts - desserts are still included), 2) do lots of buffets or family style restaurants (which won't help with counter service), 3) eat at the counter services with no child's menu, or 4) don't do the dining plan (you still have time to remove it from your reservation) - then the child can order whatever they want.

waltfan42
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know if you can sub fries for the kids sides at most places? I'm wondering most about Captain Cook's at the Poly. Thanks!

delmar411
12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know if you can sub fries for the kids sides at most places? I'm wondering most about Captain Cook's at the Poly. Thanks!

you can sub fries and sodas in the kids meals at anyplace that serves fries.

It's normally grapes, carrots, cookie and you can say 2 cookies or 2 grapes or 2 fries or 2 carrots or any combo of 2 things. Some places don't have fries so for my YDD who doesn't eat carrots or grapes, I just get her 2 cookies. (hey it's vacation, right? LOL)

delmar411
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Not everyone's kids eats nothing but chicken nuggets, mac & cheese and PBJ. And not all parents want their kids to eat dessert with every meal.
:dogdance::3dglasses:earsboy:

Well you don't have to get dessert for them at all. The side/dessert thing is that the kids get one main item and 2 sides. The 'dessert' counts as 1 side so your child could get 2 carrots or 2 grapes or 1 carrot/1grape and that's it. No dessert item.

And JIC you do order say the PBJ...it's an uncrustable not a normal sandwich so if your kids don't like PBJ normally, I wouldn't order this thinking it's just a sandwich. I find uncrustables to be beyond nasty so be forewarned.

You can remove the DDP from your room reservation and just charge everything to the room instead of carrying money. You have to pull out your room key to swipe if you get the DDP anyway so if you want to just pay 'cash' then just swipe the card and charge to the room.

caribear
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Wanted to post about my experience using the DDP at 'Ohana. My DD9 and DS4 are very picky eaters...and do not eat much. Each time we go to 'Ohana we order them the kid's hamburger to share. We did the same last weekend when we were on the DDP. Our server charged us for 2 Kids meals anyway....saying since we were on the dining plan it was mandatory that we pay for both meals even though our kids shared a meal. I meant to take this up at my hotel, but we were only there for 2 nights and were very busy running around the parks so I did not have an opportunity to find out if we were "overcharged" or if that is the way the DDP works at 'Ohana. We have never ordered the "family style" meal for the kids...always the plated hamburger to share.

Avonlady1001
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Wanted to post about my experience using the DDP at 'Ohana. My DD9 and DS4 are very picky eaters...and do not eat much. Each time we go to 'Ohana we order them the kid's hamburger to share. We did the same last weekend when we were on the DDP. Our server charged us for 2 Kids meals anyway....saying since we were on the dining plan it was mandatory that we pay for both meals even though our kids shared a meal. I meant to take this up at my hotel, but we were only there for 2 nights and were very busy running around the parks so I did not have an opportunity to find out if we were "overcharged" or if that is the way the DDP works at 'Ohana. We have never ordered the "family style" meal for the kids...always the plated hamburger to share.

My DS3 fell asleep during dinner at Ohana last month. There was food on his plate, but we were not charged for his meal on the ddp. Not the same situation exactly, but obviously not mandatory to charge everyone who's there.

TDC Nala
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
There's no meal sharing at 'Ohana. It's a fixed price restaurant. You are supposed to pay for everyone who sits at the table and is age 3 or over, even if you order the kids selections and the kids share them. Makes no difference whether you're on the dining plan or not.

It actually is mandatory to charge everyone at a fixed price restaurant, but servers have been known to sometimes cut slack for kids who are asleep or don't eat anything - just don't expect it.

irishsharon
12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
So planning to do the regular dining plan 3adults one child. One of the "adults" is my 10yr old who is very picky even with kids food.At coral reef,sci-fi and whispering canyon can I use 2 adult credits and one child credit and then pay for a kids meal and save his adult credit for buffets? This will be my boys first visit so want to bring them to some fun restaurants, for them its the environment and not about the food.Thanks for your time:) Oh one more question can you refill your mug at any of the resorts or just the one your staying at,I want to eat cs at some of the other resorts.:flower3:

DJFan88
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
There's no meal sharing at 'Ohana. It's a fixed price restaurant. You are supposed to pay for everyone who sits at the table and is age 3 or over, even if you order the kids selections and the kids share them. Makes no difference whether you're on the dining plan or not.

It actually is mandatory to charge everyone at a fixed price restaurant, but servers have been known to sometimes cut slack for kids who are asleep or don't eat anything - just don't expect it.

Sorry I totally believe you that that is true, it's just utterly rediculous in my opinion. If I don't get Free dining, there is no way I would go there. (Actually even with FD, I won't be). Yeah, it's probably great food or whatever, but I won't know what I've never had)

DJFan88
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
One more question can you refill your mug at any of the resorts or just the one your staying at,I want to eat cs at some of the other resorts.:flower3:

The rules state just your resort.

cburnett27
01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
This is very helpful! thank you :)

cburnett27
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
sorry, duplicate post

Dr. M
01-07-2012, 02:05 PM

Also want to know. Is this true for 2012?

aanderson5
01-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Is it possible to use 2 kids CS credits for breakfast when there is only 1 kid (and 2 adults) on the plan? I would rather use DS's credits for breakfast and save the adult credits to share for lunch and dinner. Thanks.

ETA - Sorry, I know you can only use one child credit at a time but what if DH and I go through the cash, each with a childs meal seperately.

ashleyasiegel
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
We are using the Dining Plan for the first time and have the QS plan. If my daughter (3) decides she wants a hot dog while we are at the MK and we go to Casey's how does that effect our credits if we just order her meal there and the adults eat at a different resturant? Will it take away one the adult credits that I would need to order a kids meal later to make everything even out? We leave on the 28th of this month so I am hoping that I get this plan all figured out before then :)

DJFan88
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
We are using the Dining Plan for the first time and have the QS plan. If my daughter (3) decides she wants a hot dog while we are at the MK and we go to Casey's how does that effect our credits if we just order her meal there and the adults eat at a different resturant? Will it take away one the adult credits that I would need to order a kids meal later to make everything even out? We leave on the 28th of this month so I am hoping that I get this plan all figured out before then :)

Maybe the hot dog is part of a kids meal and therefore they would know you were ordering a kids meal and credit it properly.? Not sure, just guessing at it. Check the menu and see how they sell there.

KarlaG4Kids
01-17-2012, 07:49 PM

My understanding is that there are no official kids meals at Casey's, so if you order your daughter a meal there it is still using a child credit. You will be fine! If you are at a CS location that doesn't offer a kids meal the child can still have a meal using a child credit.

wilma-bride
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but the search facility is not working well for me at the moment.

Anyway, if you have 2 adults and 1 child on the DDP and you get, say, 3 counter service meals from a place where there is no kids' menu, do they automatically deduct 2 adult and 1 child credit or do you need to tell them that one fo the meals is for a child?

sl_underwood
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Is it possible to use 2 kids CS credits for breakfast when there is only 1 kid (and 2 adults) on the plan? I would rather use DS's credits for breakfast and save the adult credits to share for lunch and dinner. Thanks.

ETA - Sorry, I know you can only use one child credit at a time but what if DH and I go through the cash, each with a childs meal seperately.

I am curious about this as well. With the lack of kids dining options breakfast might be the only kids meal my son is willing to eat.

tsme
01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
We will not be on any dining plan when we go back later this year. Our DD will be 10 yrs old. But there's no way she would eat an adult portion or even want what's offered on the adult menus. She's a chicken nugget type of girl. Will we run into any problems with wanting to order off the children's menu for her?

blessedby3
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
We will not be on any dining plan when we go back later this year. Our DD will be 10 yrs old. But there's no way she would eat an adult portion or even want what's offered on the adult menus. She's a chicken nugget type of girl. Will we run into any problems with wanting to order off the children's menu for her?

Anyone can pay oop to eat off the kids menu. Sometimes my dd21 or myself will order a kids meal. You wont have a problem:thumbsup2

tsme
01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks