PDA

View Full Version : In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

AKASnowWhite
06-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Welcome to Vol 9 of our little thread! For nearly 2 ½ years, this thread has been going strong! Many have come, a few have gone and some of us have stuck it out thru thick and thin.

Our gains have been greater than our losses. While many of us have lost some weight all of us have gained a lot. We’ve gained friendship. We’ve gained insights and we've gained confidence. We’ve expanded our horizons in ways we may have never thought possible. And we’ve gained BLING! Yes, seven of us trained and completed the Princess ½ marathon together in March.

You’ll find we have different goals, different methods for achieving better health. Perhaps we may all wish there was a simple “quick fix”, however we know that is not a reality. We fight the daily battles with food and exercise. Some days we win, other days we struggle. But we support one another, we share and we care as we all work to achieve balance in our lives.

It’s true that this is a weight loss thread, and we hope you’ll choose to join us because you’ll find that we are about so much more.

adsrtw
06-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Good Morning Goddesses and Lurkers! Welcome all! Wow, we are already up to volume 9. How awesome is that!

The title says it all - through thick and thin, we get by with a little help from our friends.

goofyfan-12
06-02-2010, 07:29 AM
New thread - new begining! Can't wait to see what great things this thread will bring.

3DisneyKids
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
WOO HOO! Signing in!

Welcome to all new folks!

Yup, I need a fresh start!

3DisneyKids
06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Bah, tried to quote posts from the previous thread and can't. I used to be able to do that!

Paula--great job with the 12 miles! And what a pace! HOMG! Way to go!

I haven't been on the bike in a while--the position aggravates my shoulder, so I am just running for now with elliptical for cross training. I can't take ANY of my classes due to this rotator cuff. I go to the orthopedist today to see what we can do about this.

TODAY IS NATIONAL RUNNING DAY! Get out there, everyone!

I am heading out shortly for a 6-miler. Needs to happen.

cantwaitvaca09
06-02-2010, 08:51 AM
I am IN for a Fresh Start!!!!
Thanks for starting us off Nancy.

Great Ride Paula

Have a good run E.

I had good workouts last week. Eating, thats another story!:scared1:

No workout Yesterday, Alexa had her program last night. I did not cry!!!!!
I almost did but I did not. Tomorrow is the school picnic I am heading up the games. Lucky Me!! Alexa is excited for me to be there.

I hope to get the elliptical in tonight, but I am fighting a cold bug. Bad headach. So we will see

This Weeks Goal. Stay on Point with POINTS!! One day at a time.
June's Goal. Do more than 2 miles, get out of my comfort zone.

Have a great day ALL!!

Kelly, Thanks for the tip on the hotel!

HockeyKat
06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
IN!!

Love the intro Nancy!! :goodvibes

E, YUP!! I am headed to the gym at lunch to do my short run.

3DisneyKids
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Run = done. Good. I think I'll do a stair workout later in the day, too. I'll need to add something else into this day.

AKASnowWhite
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
TODAY IS NATIONAL RUNNING DAY! Get out there, everyone!

I am heading out shortly for a 6-miler. Needs to happen.

and for those who may not be so much into running, apparently Friday is National Donut Day. When I stopped for coffee at Dunkin' Donuts this morning I saw a sign promoting free donuts on June 4th. Just what we need. :sad2:

HockeyKat
06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Nancy, HAHA!!

My run is done as well. 2 miles with a 5 min warmup and 5 min cool down. I haven't really trained much in the last month and a half so I am easing into this slowly. Don't want to up my mileage too much too fast and wind up hurt, and I have another short run scheduled for tomorrow.

So, Saturday is a 4 mile run. My gym FINALLY added Zumba and I would love to try it. There is an 11:20 class. Do you think I could do the run and Zumba?

DisneyGalUK
06-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Am I on the first page?! :cool1:

Awesome!

Hope everyone is having a happy national running day!

AKASnowWhite
06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
So, Saturday is a 4 mile run. My gym FINALLY added Zumba and I would love to try it. There is an 11:20 class. Do you think I could do the run and Zumba?

So jealous that you have Zumba! I think you should be fine to do both. I've only done a couple of Zumba classes, and quite honestly I was spending more time trying to stay out of peoples way than actually working out! Once you get the hang of it, you may change your mind about doing double-duty like that, but to start I'm guessing you'll be fine.

Am I on the first page?! :cool1:

:laughing: Welcome to Page 1 Kelly!

lisaviolet
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Hello! :goodvibes

Great job Nancy. :lovestruc

cantwaitvaca09
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
No run for me I got a sick baby, double ear infection.
I will run in the AM. I have to do some work tonight, taking the day off tomorrow to take Alexa to her school picnic.

I did ok on points today, a little over, but it could of been worse.

Happy Hump Day ALL!!

3DisneyKids
06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I had something snarky to say, but I seem to have forgotten. Must be the wine. :rotfl2:

I'll come back when I remember.

3DisneyKids
06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Now I remember--Zumba! OMG, I could never do it. SO not coordinated enough. (See? The snark was about ME not anyone else! :lmao: )

But since I haven't ever really done it, I am not sure how much it tires the legs, so I can't advise whether you can zumba and run on the same day.

Kat--I notice that they have you upping your mileage by 1 mile/week. Did Galloway talk about that at all? Conventional training says that you only increase 10% per week. So, if you did a 5 mile run, the next week you could do 5.5 miles, and so on. I'm wondering if it is more aggressive due to the walking intervals (which, in turn, decrease the likelihood of injuries)?

Ronda93
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
<lurk off>

Hi goddesses. I have been reading about vacations and guys and bikes and running and heat. Between work and life we are busy and the DIS gets the short shrift.

I have decided to do the WDW Marathon in January. I realized I'll want to do one eventually and I just get older every year. It's a nice flat course, the weather can't be that weird two years running and that MEDAL! The time is now. So.... a new training schedule and new obsession.

I'm not signed up yet. IF the full sold out last year it was at least Thanksgiving. I have time to see if I can do a 20 mile training run. I'll be doing this on the cheap - off site, possibly no park admission. Just the run.

DGF and I are running a race this Saturday - can't believe I missed national running day. She's doing the 5k and I the 10. Her niece's HS graduation party is Saturday night.

Off to walk the dog,
Ronda

cantwaitvaca09
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Ronda, nice to see you

WOW doing a full, good for you. You ARE an inspiration.
I think I read once that you started this all with just a walk to the corner?
Good for you!!!!!
:worship:

HockeyKat
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
E, I'm not really sure? The plan goes 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10. None of that is really 10% addition?

Then again, if you are walking half of the distance, not sure if that counts?

I may ask the pace leader on Sat. We usually have about 15 min of standing around before we start.

Zumba. Not going to try this Sat after all, as I already scheduled a pedicure for that time frame. :laughing: I think that other branches of my gym in the area have it on a night/time that I can make, so I might give it a try on a non-running day and see how it goes.

Ronda, HI!! Wow, good for you on deciding to do the full!!

I think if I were actually going to consider a full someday, it would be either the WDW one, or the OBX full (been looking at the half, today) in November. The course opens at 7AM and doesn't close until 3PM, and is mostly flat.

adsrtw
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Welcome back Ronda! Awesome on the full. I hope you don't get sleeted on again this year.

Jo - sorry for the sick kiddo!

Kat - Zumba sounds fun, but I am less than coordinated. It's kinda funny.

E - drunken posts. :lmao:

Kelly - glad you made it to page 1

Lisa :wave2:

I'm here. Sore but here. I want to run/walk so bad.

3DisneyKids
06-03-2010, 12:44 AM
<lurk off>

Hi goddesses. I have been reading about vacations and guys and bikes and running and heat. Between work and life we are busy and the DIS gets the short shrift.

I have decided to do the WDW Marathon in January. I realized I'll want to do one eventually and I just get older every year. It's a nice flat course, the weather can't be that weird two years running and that MEDAL! The time is now. So.... a new training schedule and new obsession.

I'm not signed up yet. IF the full sold out last year it was at least Thanksgiving. I have time to see if I can do a 20 mile training run. I'll be doing this on the cheap - off site, possibly no park admission. Just the run.

DGF and I are running a race this Saturday - can't believe I missed national running day. She's doing the 5k and I the 10. Her niece's HS graduation party is Saturday night.

Off to walk the dog,
Ronda

Ronda--total Goddess status for doing the FULL! I kinda feel like this is "my year" to do one, too. BUT. I am really only interested in doing the Disney one. And we are going down in December and then I am planning on the Princess again in February. And no way am I going to swing three trips three months in a row. :sad2: So, we'll wait and see.

And you are right--the Mickey doesn't fill till late, if at all. So hold on your pennies for now. (How I wish it was only pennies!)

Have fun on the 10k! We'll need a race report, of course. ;)

We're going to my niece's graduation party on Saturday, too. Tis the season.

Hope you find more time to post...we miss you around here!

3DisneyKids
06-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Then again, if you are walking half of the distance, not sure if that counts?

That's what I am thinking.

AKASnowWhite
06-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Great job Nancy. :lovestruc

thanks :blush: I have a question for you Lisa. Are you and Jean still thinking about moving back downtown? (yes, Petula Clark is now in my head :laughing:)

No run for me I got a sick baby, double ear infection.

ugh. I hope the little peanut is feeling better!

Now I remember--Zumba! OMG, I could never do it. SO not coordinated enough. (See? The snark was about ME not anyone else! :lmao: )

:laughing:

I am so excited for you! :hyper: The full was one of the most challenging things I've ever done. And oh, so rewarding when you cross that finish line.

I'm here. Sore but here. I want to run/walk so bad.

Let your body heal. It's so not worth it to keep aggrevating it. Are you able to do any kind of exercise that doesn't bother you?

I, myself, am finally almost pain free. Yes, it's taken almost 3 months from the 1/2 for my hamstring to settle down. I'll start trail running again soon, but until then it's biking, walking, elliptical for me.

Speaking of biking, I got my bike back yesterday afternoon, so this morning I'll go out before work, and hopefully before it rains! :scared: I had them install an odometer for me. Of course, I don't know how to use it :laughing: Shocking, I know. I started to read the little instruction booklet last night, but didn't get past the "caution" statements. 2 of the top 3 warnings were "don't concentrate on the computer operations while riding" and "used batteries are harmful if swallowed by mistake" :scared1: Seriously? They need to warn people about that? Sadly, there is no shortage of stupid in this world :headache:

3DisneyKids
06-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Morning! What a weird day here. Very overcast and dark and drizzly--about 65*--and 100% HUMIDITY. I am dripping with sweat and chilly at the same time! So strange!

Nancy! Glad the bike is back! :goodvibes

AKASnowWhite
06-03-2010, 07:17 AM
wicked humid here as well. <blech> Heading out now for a ride before the storms roll in. Crossing my fingers that I won't crash trying to figure out my new toy! :rolleyes1

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
thanks :blush: I have a question for you Lisa. Are you and Jean still thinking about moving back downtown? (yes, Petula Clark is now in my head :laughing:)

I, myself, am finally almost pain free.

I had them install an odometer for me. Of course, I don't know how to use it :laughing: Shocking, I know. I started to read the little instruction booklet last night, but didn't get past the "caution" statements. 2 of the top 3 warnings were "don't concentrate on the computer operations while riding" and "used batteries are harmful if swallowed by mistake" :scared1: Seriously? They need to warn people about that? Sadly, there is no shortage of stupid in this world :headache:[/B][/COLOR]

Yes, on the first. I have no idea why I haven't got the house on the market. Tired I think. And the properties come in daily in our price range and they're small. Bachelor small. So then I have to find a decent property to do at least ONE sleeping area. And I've so enjoyed having my own bedroom. Sighing. The reason I moved. Didn't want to but thought I needed to.

So yes was the answer. :lmao:

Wonderful on the purple Nancy.

And :lmao::rotfl: on the last part.

It's Thursday so it's Lisa time.

WAIST - down an inch!!!!:dance3:

I did it three times I was so shocked. One, it's only been a week. It will be once a month once I do the waist, thigh, hip, scale rotation. But this first one was a week. SHOCKED.

I'm very straight up and down. Waist is hard for me to move. Plus, I don't carry a lot of fat there. I'm very strong in the core. SO - SHOCKED AND PLEASED.

You know I've had so much to say for about a momth. I must sit down and type it all out. Fitness realizations.

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Erika - I'm on your TR. I SO don't want to hurt your head BUT -

Do you really care at home resort advantage at WDW when you're in the position to take it? My thoughts are that you've been pretty happy at all DVCs. So I'm not sure if that matters to you.

AND -

Does the high points at VGV bother you at all? I know BLT are a lot too but I think - I should check - VGV are even higher.

I don't know Erika. You LOVE it so much. Okay, I'm not making this better. But it's so clear that you just ADORED it. And even if you go every four years or so - you have the booking for so a small small DVC.

I'm sorry for bringing all this up but I noticed you are still deciding and unsure now that the package has arrived.

And it's obvious your heart is there. And it was a place that Jeff wanted to cancel SD for and you said Jeff doesn't love Disney the way you all do. Plus, VGC made him want to add on!!!

Biting my tongue. SO BITING MY TONGUE. :rolleyes1

adsrtw
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
An inch loss rocks Lisa! <Singing downtown in my noggin>

Nancy all exercise is so painful right now. I hope I can do something this weekend.

3DisneyKids
06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Lisa. I KNOW. To all of it. You are right. I am still agonizing.

HockeyKat
06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
LISA!! Yay on the inch loss! :goodvibes

EE, hope the pain goes away soon.

E, you have all my DVC thoughts.

So, good news and bad news today. Good news is, we got some really good company news. Job security, maybe opportunities to grow my team, all good stuff.

Bad news is... weight still sucks. Weighed in at 190 this morning, which means I have made very little progress since the beginning of March. I guess that at least I haven't gained from there, but I am still about 6 lbs up from my 2010 low.

Maybe we need a challenge? I have a goal of being under 180 when I go to the RnR half in Chicago in late July, and of being able to do my "magic mile" under 11 min and a 3 mile time under 35.

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 11:59 AM
An inch loss rocks Lisa! <Singing downtown in my noggin>

Nancy all exercise is so painful right now. I hope I can do something this weekend.

Thanks Amiee.

So frustrating on the pain. I know - it's so frustrating.

Lisa. I KNOW. To all of it. You are right. I am still agonizing.

Mouth shut. I just went to your TR. I'm not the only one. Poor you. But lucky you!

When the head pain starts just think how lovely it will be when you make a final decision.

LISA!! Yay on the inch loss! :goodvibes

EE, hope the pain goes away soon.

E, you have all my DVC thoughts.

So, good news and bad news today. Good news is, we got some really good company news. Job security, maybe opportunities to grow my team, all good stuff.

Bad news is... weight still sucks. Weighed in at 190 this morning, which means I have made very little progress since the beginning of March. I guess that at least I haven't gained from there, but I am still about 6 lbs up from my 2010 low.

Maybe we need a challenge? I have a goal of being under 180 when I go to the RnR half in Chicago in late July, and of being able to do my "magic mile" under 11 min and a 3 mile time under 35.

Thanks on the waist. I'm in a really good place. Life not so much. But excited about where I am mentally about exercise and weight and such.

Yeah on the job Kat. That's fantastic.

As for the weight - nothing wrong with holding for a bit. It's coming off Kat. Excited about your race.

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I have a myriad of tests tomorrow and I'm not even looking at them. :lmao: I SO don't want to know because all I do is think "which ones involve any nudity?" and then I'll get all sick and nuts.

But I think my stress test might be tomorrow so I'm kind of intrigued and excited about that one. Didn't have it before because I wasn't over forty. Curious to see how I do and how far they push you.

AKASnowWhite
06-03-2010, 03:36 PM
So yes was the answer. :lmao:

Well, you'll know it when the right property comes along. Until then, well, keep on keepin' on :laughing:

It's Thursday so it's Lisa time.

WAIST - down an inch!!!!:dance3:

Awesome Lisa! I'm picturing you in your fabulous red jacket with that belt cinched up around your thinning waist. Nice. :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating that is. I so hope you find the relief you need ASAP!

I'm not normally a "throw down" kinda person but a challenge sounds good to me ;)

I have a myriad of tests tomorrow and I'm not even looking at them. :lmao: I SO don't want to know because all I do is think "which ones involve any nudity?" and then I'll get all sick and nuts.

But I think my stress test might be tomorrow so I'm kind of intrigued and excited about that one. Didn't have it before because I wasn't over forty. Curious to see how I do and how far they push you.

Good luck tomorrow!

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Awesome Lisa! I'm picturing you in your fabulous red jacket with that belt cinched up around your thinning waist. Nice. :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah for my red coat. :lmao:

And baby Lisa needs to be a grown up. I just looked at my papers. It's only the echocardiogram (stress test) tomorrow. And I'm kind of curious and excited about that one. So stressing already for nada.

It's not my heavy day - all day crap all over the hospital - that's Monday. So I'm fine for tomorrow. BUT I just read that you are nude from the waist up. Why would they make you hurt yourself running and flopping on the treadmill. Why? :rotfl: I don't know why I'm laughing. It really doesn't amuse me in the least. :sad2: :laughing:

AKASnowWhite
06-03-2010, 04:17 PM
BUT I just read that you are nude from the waist up. Why would they make you hurt yourself running and flopping on the treadmill. Why? :rotfl: I don't know why I'm laughing. It really doesn't amuse me in the least. :sad2: :laughing:

:scared1: WHAT? No way. That makes no sense to me. At all. Of COURSE my heart rate would be thru the roof. I'd be topless on a TM. Who wouldn't be stressed before they started?!?!?! That must be for men. Seriously. Wear a sports bra.

cantwaitvaca09
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi All,
Please forgive me I have not read any posts.
Was at school all day with the girls

Alaina's ear is ozzing stuff, so gross, doctor said not to worry.

Now I have to make dinner and clean up

BUT>>>> I did run my 2 miles this morning before school.

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
:scared1: WHAT? No way. That makes no sense to me. At all. Of COURSE my heart rate would be thru the roof. I'd be topless on a TM. Who wouldn't be stressed before they started?!?!?! That must be for men. Seriously. Wear a sports bra.

Okay. Wait. :lmao::rotfl: I totally misspoke. Topless was the wrong word. Nude with a hospital gown. Whoops sorry. I mean I assume you get to keep the hospital gown on.

I WOULD NEVER RUN ON A TREADMILL TOPLESS. NEVER. THEY WOULD JUST HAVE TO RIP THE KIDNEY OUT> :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I am in tears laughing. Thank you so much Nancy. I'm SO LAUGHING.

I obviously suck at communicating.

And as for your HR being way up that's wonderful - perfect actually -l b/c that's the purpose of the entire test. :rotfl2:

Oh Nancy - my stomach hurts. :lmao:

cathie1327
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi ladies :):):)

A week or two of lurking turned into a few weeks, and I come back to find a whole new thread! WOW! Been reading still ( you thought I dissappeared huh) and am still amazed by all of you ladies. :)

Hope everyone has been well in the few weeks (or is it closer to month/months) that I've not been around.

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
As for waiting for the right property. I can't. :sad2: I have to get this place on sale first. Downtown is too hot for conditional offers. Unfortunately.

Hi Jo! :goodvibes

Hi Cathie. :goodvibes

cantwaitvaca09
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Lisa, I know I have missed some posts, but
Running naked with only a gown, OMG, did you really??
OMG, you poor thing.

3DisneyKids
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
OMG, the visual imagery I am getting is hi lar ious! I was at the doc's office the other day for my shoulder and he and the nurse said they would step out while I took my shirt off and put the gown on. I was told I could keep my bra on. I had already been waiting *a while* and I wasn't about to lose them, so I just whipped my shirt off and said, "I run outside in a sports bra, no need for the gown...just do the exam." The nurse didn't miss a beat, but the doc was a bit surprised. :rotfl2:

Cathie! Wow. Long time no post. What's shakin'?

And MEG! Where are you?!?!

HockeyKat
06-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi Cathie!!

So, I tried two hungry girl recipes tonight with good results.

One was a baked onion ring recipe, using fiber cereal (they said Fiber One but I used Trader Joe's), spices, and egg beaters. It wasn't exactly the real thing but was quite good.

The other was a cheese stuffed burger. 96% lean, basically wrapping it around a laughing cow wedge (I used garlic and herb) and cooking as usual. I cooked in the frying pan rather than the grill due to worry about cheese drippage. 275 for the burger, ~75 for the onion rings.

Lisa, not touching the topless treadmill running. :laughing:

lisaviolet
06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
OMG, the visual imagery I am getting is hi lar ious! I was at the doc's office the other day for my shoulder and he and the nurse said they would step out while I took my shirt off and put the gown on. I was told I could keep my bra on. I had already been waiting *a while* and I wasn't about to lose them, so I just whipped my shirt off and said, "I run outside in a sports bra, no need for the gown...just do the exam." The nurse didn't miss a beat, but the doc was a bit surprised. :rotfl2:

And MEG! Where are you?!?!

Listen pipsqueak - stop your braggin'. :lmao: We wouldn't even be having this conversation if my notes said bra on. They SO SPOILED my excitement over this test.

Yes Megan where for art thou?

Lisa, I know I have missed some posts, but
Running naked with only a gown, OMG, did you really??
OMG, you poor thing.

Tomorrow Jo. The sh!t happens tomorrow.

Hi Cathie!!

So, I tried two hungry girl recipes tonight with good results.

One was a baked onion ring recipe, using fiber cereal (they said Fiber One but I used Trader Joe's), spices, and egg beaters. It wasn't exactly the real thing but was quite good.

The other was a cheese stuffed burger. 96% lean, basically wrapping it around a laughing cow wedge (I used garlic and herb) and cooking as usual. I cooked in the frying pan rather than the grill due to worry about cheese drippage. 275 for the burger, ~75 for the onion rings.

Lisa, not touching the topless treadmill running. :laughing:

One day I'll have to come down and have you teach me all your skills. Or try to I mean.

AKASnowWhite
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Alaina's ear is ozzing stuff, so gross, doctor said not to worry.

ick. I remember those days. Nate had chronic ear infections as a little guy and ended up with tubes when he was about 18 months old. Best day ever. Seriously.

Okay. Wait. :lmao::rotfl: I totally misspoke. Topless was the wrong word. Nude with a hospital gown. Whoops sorry. I mean I assume you get to keep the hospital gown on.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Ok. Now I have to tell you. I googled "stress test procedures" (because you *know* how I must google every.thing.) and there, in the midst of the list of steps/instructions/procedures was a picture of a shirtless guy on the treadmill. And I was totally and completely concerned for you! :lmao: OMG I am so relieved! :lmao:

Hi ladies :):):)

Hi Cathie! What's new with you?

I don't know too many people who are willing to whip their clothes off in front of people they've just met :rolleyes1 :lmao:

HockeyKat
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
One day I'll have to come down and have you teach me all your skills. Or try to I mean.

Cooking you mean? That's easy... google, semi-decent cookware, and a lot of trial and error. :laughing:

Good luck with your stress test (wow that sounds weird!)!

So I think I mentioned that I joined the Galloway training group. Our 2nd run is on Saturday. Well, I got an email today that they already have 350 people registered! :eek:

Unfortunately, the humidity doesn't break at all here until Monday. Sat's forecast is 92 degrees and humid. Whee.

goofyfan-12
06-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Welcome back Ronda! OMG on the full. I am in awe.

Cathie - welcome back to you too. What have you been up to?

Lisa - the discussion about your stress test had me laughing so hard I cried. Good luck tomorrow and Monday.

Hi to everyone else! Not much going on here. The week is almost over (yeah) and I am still in control of my eating - whoo hoo. Just need to get through the weekend now. I am off to crash for the night.

Catch you all in the flip side.

poppinspal
06-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I had a whole list of things i wanted to say to you girls but then I got to the posts about Lisa running naked on a TM and.... well now I can't stop thinking about naked running. It could be the next running craze like barefoot running!

I had the stomach bug... then I was ok for a day... then I had it again. Then I had a cold, oh right I'm still getting over that. I have not done anything! No posts here, almost next to no runs or exercise classes. And my eating habits the past week? Almost no food for two days then full meals the next. And I'm worse then most people when I'm sick, I hate being slowed down!

But I'm mostly back in action now. Finally got myself the right pair of running sneakers for me. Went on a run late last night... sneakers felt good, I had a little chest congestion but it seemed to clear as I ran. Today I feel like me again!

Did I mention my first half marathon is at the end of this month?! :eek:

Its Friday! What do you all have planned for the weekend? What is new with everyone?

AKASnowWhite
06-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, the humidity doesn't break at all here until Monday. Sat's forecast is 92 degrees and humid. Whee.

ugh! That's yucky! Running with the group though should be good. I bet they give you some good advice on how to handle that kind of weather.

The week is almost over (yeah) and I am still in control of my eating - whoo hoo. Just need to get through the weekend now.

So happy for you Paula!:goodvibes Feels good to get back on track, doesn't it?

Did I mention my first half marathon is at the end of this month?! :eek:

YIKES! That's coming soon! Glad you're feeling better Meg!

I'm off for a bike ride again this morning. Having a love/hate relationship with that new little odometer thingy. :laughing: Then it's work, where I'll practically melt in the kitchen :headache:

cantwaitvaca09
06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Happy Friday

Kat, ugg yuck weather, good luck tomorrow.

Paula, Soooooooo Happy for you

Welcome back Meg

Good Luck Lisa with your test :hug:

Nancy, EE, E, Liz, Kelly
I hope eveyone is well.

No run this AM, I'm not feeling 100%, thinking of going to the doc after work myself.

Hope its gets better, Want to run tomorrow.

3DisneyKids
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't know too many people who are willing to whip their clothes off in front of people they've just met :rolleyes1 :lmao:

OMG, can you imagine?!? I mean, I heard this story at the Princess that two women just changed out of their sweaty race clothes right there in the parking lot! :rolleyes1

Kill me now. Wow, I would have such a hard time running in that. But like Nancy said, it is likely much better to do it with an organized group. You can learn all the tips for running in the heat. And they have water stops on the group runs, right?

MEG! Welcome back! Sorry you were sick. And WOW on the Half. Are you feeling ready? When do you start to taper?

Jo--hope you feel better!

Weekend plans--Jeff gets home tonight. Tomorrow is my niece's graduation party, so that will take the better part of the day. My in-laws are coming down for the graduation and staying with US on Saturday night. So of course that means I am going out with my girlfriends on Saturday night. See ya.

The girls have a softball game, too. Round 1 of the play-offs. And Cammie is starting pitcher. I am a wreck. Her? She's not even thinking about it.

HockeyKat
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
OMG, can you imagine?!? I mean, I heard this story at the Princess that two women just changed out of their sweaty race clothes right there in the parking lot! :rolleyes1

Kill me now. Wow, I would have such a hard time running in that. But like Nancy said, it is likely much better to do it with an organized group. You can learn all the tips for running in the heat. And they have water stops on the group runs, right?

MEG! Welcome back! Sorry you were sick. And WOW on the Half. Are you feeling ready? When do you start to taper?

Jo--hope you feel better!

Weekend plans--Jeff gets home tonight. Tomorrow is my niece's graduation party, so that will take the better part of the day. My in-laws are coming down for the graduation and staying with US on Saturday night. So of course that means I am going out with my girlfriends on Saturday night. See ya.

The girls have a softball game, too. Round 1 of the play-offs. And Cammie is starting pitcher. I am a wreck. Her? She's not even thinking about it.

I would SO not be able to just change in the parking lot. I was enough in awe of the ones that broke the pack in the beginning and used the median as a port-a-potty!!

Yes, we just got our group e-newsletter and our pace group e-newsletter. No cotton allowed, you must carry water, and hats are frowned on. They say use a visor, lets the heat escape. They have water stops, too.

I ordered a water belt on ebay ($9!) that has one 10 oz bottle, usually enough for me. Galloway cautions overhydrating during a run... says 2-4oz every mile. YMMV of course, but as I have said before (I think), I get sloshy stomach very easily.

This week is a 4 mile run, but the 2nd mile is a "Magic Mile" (used to determine your projected pace). The newsletter says its a mile without stopping, although I am not sure that will be true for my pace group? I am a little afraid of that, since I have never gone more than 1/4 mile without a walk break.

I will likely come home from that, mow my lawn, shower, and meet my friend that just moved down here for a pedicure (they serve complimentary wine!!) and lunch.

E, sounds like a busy weekend!!

Meg, half details!!!

Ronda93
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
We've tried the HG onion rings. The recipe needs more spice. True, not the real thing, but the recipe makes a lot of food and that's what we want!

I'll keep crushing fiber one and adding more and more garlic powder.

Ronda

cantwaitvaca09
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Good Luck Kat,
You can run a mile without stopping. no sweat!!! If I can do it, I KNOW you can!!! Can't wait to hear how it went.

E, sounds like a busy weekend, crossing my fingers for your girls at softball playoffs!!! I get my in-laws in town on Thursday next week for 12 days!! Lucky Me!

So I decided to not go to the doc and try to fight it with hot tea. I feel ok other than my throat. Every time I swallow. Yuk!

cantwaitvaca09
06-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Does anyone have a home remedy?

cathie1327
06-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Hi Cathie!!

[COLOR="navy"]Hi Cathie! What's new with you?

Cathie - welcome back to you too. What have you been up to?

Hi ladies and thanks on the welcome backs :)

Things have been pretty good, a little hectic, but good.

I finished this semester of school, finally, with A's and B's and one D from the most ridiculous professor in the world who's life, I swear, revolves around homework. Too bad he forgot that we are night students because we have jobs and homes and lives. Ah well. Always going to have that ONE pain in the butt professor...

My cake business has been TAKING OFF like wildfire. Which is good...and bad. Because it is so time consuming just to do one cake a week, and lately it seems like all my orders for the month are all grouped together on the same weeks. Summer is busy time for cakes, wish someone had told me that lol.:rolleyes1 But the experience and money I'm getting from the rush of customers is awesome!

And (drumroll please) I FINALLY moved out of my family's house! I moved into the apartment with Carlos on May 22nd. We have had....well quite a few ups and downs. The stuff I told you guys about earlier this year continued to go on for a while....but oddly enough, things have completely done a 180 this last month and we are really happy now. I don't know if it was the moving in, or what. I KNOW that moving out of my parent's house and geting away from that kind of negative energy has probably helped.

Work has been a little crazy. Our department has started to run out of work constantly every day...which looks great for our numbers and bonuses...but it's a little concerning. They are finding us lots of other things to do to help out other departments, and I'm soaking it all up and learning everything I can and making myself available for everything, because eventually the extra work from other departments will be gone too, and hopefully if I'm well versed in other areas, I can get a transfer if it comes down to layoffs.(which I hope it won't) So it's been lots of training for new things, and a lot of frustration from the team on trying to do a million things for a million different people. And I swear, my boss needs a vacation. Or we're all going to kill him lol.

So...onto the last thing...the weight loss. lately it's been give and take, but over the last month I lost 10 lbs...whether that's due to stress or actually being able to eat somewhere other than fast food after class(likely both) it's been a good boost for me and good motivation to keep going. I'm still working on developing little habits that help translate into bigger habits.

SO! There's the book of Cathie for the last month haha!!!!

How has everyone been? Have I missed anything major!?

And I promise that I will try to at least make drive bys from now on and not disappear again...it's like one day I just realized "hey I haven't been on there for a while I should go on there soon" and then two weeks would roll by before I had time to think about it again lol.

HockeyKat
06-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Ronda, I used a TON of spice (probably double what the recipe called for). Garlic salt, black pepper, onion salt, and a little actual salt (yeah, yeah, sodium, I know).

I used crushed Trader Joe's cereal, too, so don't know if that makes a diff? Less fiber but crunchier and easy to crush. I did have some trouble getting the rings to totally coat, though.

Jo, thanks!!

Home remedy... hmm. Some try honey and lemon in their tea? I hate tea. D uses a shot of whisky but I don't really recommend that. :)

poppinspal
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM

I love it! My last 5k was in the pouring rain and when I got into my car I immediately stripped down to a bra and undies. (And put on clothes) Sometimes you have to do what you have to do no matter who is around.

E- Sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you have fun with your girlfriends and that the softball game goes well. I always thrived during those high pressure games, maybe Cammie is the same way.

Kat- The running group sounds great, I'm sure it's going to be a great experience.

Jo- I always suggest tea, lots of water and rest. I almost never take medicine but when I get desperate enough tylenol cold and sinus is the thing that always seems to help me. Hope you feel better soon.

So my half details. Erika you asked if I'm ready... I am and I'm not. I spent about a week not running and it has me in fear. The combination of a calf muscle that was still sore and the illness just had me to the point where I couldn't get myself off the couch. I'm worried that I've set myself back. On the other hand I am probably in better physical condition then I've ever been even back when I played hockey in college so I'm hoping that will kind of off set the week off. Mentally I'm also finding I'm in need of... something, anything. When I registered for the race I was lead to believe it was going to be run in Boston... now I find out it's being run just outside Boston on a course that involves a rather large hill... in fact you can ski on the hill in winter. This has me nervous. But I keep telling myself its a 16min per mile pace you need to keep and that I'm also mentally in a good place to push myself up hills so I shouldn't be worrying about pace or hills for this. But maybe all these worries are just typical for a person doing their first half? I don't know.

I have a wedding the day before. (I know, horrible timing by my friend! :laughing:) The wedding is actually a town over from where the race is being run so I'm looking into hotels today so that I can just roll into bed after the wedding with no driving home and roll out for the race in the morning.

Here's the race website for anyone who wants to check it out. http://www.131marathon.com/13_1_Boston.htm

adsrtw
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey everybody. My back is so much better than previous days. Let me put it this way, I was able to put my undies on without too much pain. Yesterday, I had waves of nausea from it. I hop to have a real post tonight. At Ryan's last regular season game. Really bad team this year.

lisaviolet
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Naked treadmill girl is back. Got to catch up. Fully clothed. :lmao:

lisaviolet
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Cooking you mean? That's easy... google, semi-decent cookware, and a lot of trial and error. :laughing:

No, I only want to watch Kat and learn. I swear I could eat in your house night in and night out.

Hi to everyone else! Not much going on here. The week is almost over (yeah) and I am still in control of my eating - whoo hoo. Just need to get through the weekend now. I am off to crash for the night.

Catch you all in the flip side.

Glad I made you laugh Paula. You can thank Nancy. She had me in tears.

Excellent on the eating. Happy for you.

I hate being slowed down!

I so understood and felt that.

[B]
Having a love/hate relationship with that new little odometer thingy. :laughing: :

I so understood and felt that - part deux. :goodvibes

Happy Friday

Kat, ugg yuck weather, good luck tomorrow.

Paula, Soooooooo Happy for you

Welcome back Meg

Good Luck Lisa with your test :hug:

Nancy, EE, E, Liz, Kelly
I hope eveyone is well.

No run this AM, I'm not feeling 100%, thinking of going to the doc after work myself.

Hope its gets better, Want to run tomorrow.

Frustrating Jo. Hope it gets better.

I was a pitcher too. Well let me rephrase that - I was a pitcher in house league. "A" teams/rep I was in the outfield. :laughing:

Gosh, pitching was so friggin' exciting and so stressful for me. BOTH.

Have fun Erika. Good luck. Heaven having all the kids' sports to watch and coach.

Does anyone have a home remedy?

Hot water, lemon and honey. Breaks things up.

My cake business has been TAKING OFF like wildfire. Which is good...and bad. Because it is so time consuming just to do one cake a week, and lately it seems like all my orders for the month are all grouped together on the same weeks. Summer is busy time for cakes, wish someone had told me that lol.:rolleyes1 But the experience and money I'm getting from the rush of customers is awesome!

Wow Cathie. Good for you.

Home remedy... hmm. Some try honey and lemon in their tea? I hate tea. D uses a shot of whisky but I don't really recommend that. :)

Whoops. It's been said.

As for the shot. SO works. I learned that in French immersion one summer. My "french father" said "oh you have a cold - take this!" I was hmmm but so worked.

Here's the race website for anyone who wants to check it out. http://www.131marathon.com/13_1_Boston.htm

Absolutely want to check in out. :thumbsup2

Hey everybody. My back is so much better than previous days. Let me put it this way, I was able to put my undies on without too much pain. Yesterday, I had waves of nausea from it. I hop to have a real post tonight. At Ryan's last regular season game. Really bad team this year.

Glad to hear. Been so frustrated for you Amiee.

cantwaitvaca09
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
HI Lisa, how did it go? I hope "things" did not flop around too much:rotfl2::rotfl2:

EE, sorry to hear about your back.:hug: Do you know what you did to it?

So still not great my throat still hurts, but other than that I am good.
Or should I say as long as I am not watching the blackhawks right now. HA HA. Maybe they can recover.

No workout today, I plan for tomorow.

Off to drink more tea

Have a great night ALL

lisaviolet
06-04-2010, 08:14 PM
So testing.

No running. :scared1: Nice of the notes to say "running".

Gown but had to leave it open at all times. Yes, back on front. Open on front. Not so peaceful for me. I was continually asking "so I can tie up the front now?". No, no and no. I kept grabbing it when it was moving open.

I asked about sports bra. I almost said, "Nancy says so!". :lmao: But he said nope - we need quick access for the three phases.

They do the hook-up. (that I was used to b/c I've had regular ECG both times) Then the first sonogram. Then the treadmill. They get the HR up by increasing pace and incline over and over. I was like "whatever it's not going to get to 178 walking - I've seen 170 on some intervals once in awhile (stupid of me - I've even seen 182 on an interval once when I was sick - no plus of doing that -most times in the 15-160I "it's just not going to happen" I said in my head. I'm hardly a class A athlete but I do work out hard.

It DID!!! :scared1: I was shocked. I read Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas say this once. That people stare at her in gym because she only walks on incline and they judge. But they have no idea. Yes Ms. Fergie they have no idea. I was schooled.

And then the funniest part. They say the TM is going to stop suddenly and when we say "down" you have to get down as quickly as possible. THEY ARE SERIOUS SH!TS.

"DOWN ON YOUR SIDE".

Okay, okay, ummm okay. :lmao:

THe second sonogram has to get the heart at its absolute maximum. That's the whole point of the test. To see how the heart reacts in comparison.

The weirdest part. I was fine during testing but he was shocked to see me sweating when he taking off the cords. Like that showed something. :confused3 Ummm, I sweat - heavily - every time I do interval workouts buddy boy. Do people really not sweat?

I tell you - this test was no big deal. But I felt such compassion for those who truly have heart issues. It must be scary. I heard the test before me and the man asked to stop and they were like "lets just do a minute more". Eeek.

Monday is many tests. But no big deal at all now that I give it some "rational" thought. Just laying for CT scans and x rays and ultrasounds. Lazy girl day.

3DisneyKids
06-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Jeff uses a shot of whiskey, too. And I have to say, it works every time. Me? I don't get sick. It's the vampire gene, like with hangovers.

Speaking of hangovers....DRUNKEN POST!

Jeff actually made his connection (which never happens. He flies from Taiwan to Tokyo, Tokyo to DC and then DC to Portland). He ALWAYS gets slammed with a long line at customs in DC and thus misses his connecting flight and ends up home at midnight. Well, he made the earlier flight, so was home at 7. Which of course means I am buzzed by 9. :)

LISA! Details on the naked treadmill, please! And yes, I love it that my kids play sports. LOVE IT. And of course, you know I am the sports mom from Hell, right? Completely. For soccer season (when I am not a coach), I even have a jersey with the last name on the back and everything. I stop short of an air horn. But just. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. :rolleyes1

Anyway, the forecast for tomorrow is miserable, so it looks like the game will be rained out. But we'll see. Cammie is super excited. Good for her! Me? As coach, I have been plotting different strategies all day..."If I put Emma at 1st base that means I can put Olivia and 3rd, which would free Abby up to relief pitch after Cammie is done..." and on and on and on. They are 8 years old, let's remember! OMG, yes, it is a sickness! :rotfl2:

Meg--I totally understand feeling both ready and not at the same time. But here's the thing, bottom line--you WILL finish. You are ready for that, for sure. And if you don't love your time, well then, that's why you sign up for more races! :thumbsup2 But I have no worries about you finishing at all! Is anyone coming to watch you? Are you running it with anyone?

DVC purchase--stuff to say about this as well, but for another time.

Jo--any better?

EE--glad the back is better! Hope it continue to improve!

3DisneyKids
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Lisa--omg, I sweat, too, during workouts. Nancy, well, she has to visit the bathroom every 30 seconds (at least! :rotfl2:). But I don't need bathroom breaks almost ever. Like for the Princess. I went at 5:30 am, right before the race and then again at 3pm. Nancy went like 8 times in that time frame, maybe more. True story. So yeah, she pees it out, I sweat it out.

lisaviolet
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Lisa--omg, I sweat, too, during workouts. Nancy, well, she has to visit the bathroom every 30 seconds (at least! :rotfl2:). But I don't need bathroom breaks almost ever. Like for the Princess. I went at 5:30 am, right before the race and then again at 3pm. Nancy went like 8 times in that time frame, maybe more. True story. So yeah, she pees it out, I sweat it out.

Whatcha drinking Erika? :surfweb:

Enjoy your husband. :lmao:;)

AND loved the sports talk. I grew up with softball and tennis and my father coached softball so you brought back so many memories.

So relieved to hear. Oh yeah, I remember your story at the new gym with that silly girl's questioning. Funny.

But I'm still confused. He looked SO STUNNED. It was like he had never seen someone sweat in there. Oh well. :rotfl:

lisaviolet
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
And weird point number two.

My BP is always low. ALWAYS. Below normal. I'm very lucky. And I glanced at his screen before he started and it was high normal. Sighing. It's so weird. Last testing I had a few false BP reads. I'm a little worried. They don't take kindly to even high normal. Okay, letting it go.

They take your BP during the test at many points. Fascinating - I find it all so fascinating. Cutie needs to get her butt back here and be curious with me. :lmao:

cantwaitvaca09
06-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Lisa, why all the testing, R U OK?

Wow girl, I hope I never have to do that test.

My father has done it a few times.

I'm Still the same.

DisneyGalUK
06-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I woke myself up coughing at 6.45am, that wasn't fun! I don't feel like im coming down with anything just a cough and sore throat - maybe its the change in the weather! (It went from being cold and rainy and around 60* on Thursday to 85* and red hot yesterday!)

Cathie - Good to see you back! :)

Meg - You are so ready for the half :cool1:

Ronda - Hi! I can't wait to hear all about your next race! :cool1:

Kat - My grandad always recommends a shot of whisky in tea for coughs and sore throats. Come to think of it, he recommends it for a lot of things :rotfl2:

My BP is always low. ALWAYS. Below normal. I'm very lucky.

Lisa - so many tests! Naked treadmill running did have me laughing!
I have freakishly low blood pressure too. Always. When I have it checked at the doctors he always tells me to get iron tablets and vitamins!

Oh Lisa - last night me and DH had date night.....we went out for Indian food! :lovestruc Prawn Bhuna, mushroom rice for me, Chicken Balti, Pilau rice for DH and of course we had popadoms and Garlic Naan bread too! :love:

Im back on it today though, tons of water is needed I think! I don't feel too bad about the Indian food - ive eaten pretty well this week and done a lot of walking and gardening!

Jo, E, EE, Nancy, Paula, everyone - Hi!

Hope everyone has a great day! :upsidedow

Ronda93
06-05-2010, 06:10 AM
Boy, this is going to be miserable. DGF and I are doing a race this morning. It's 75 already. We start in an hour. Wheee!

Ronda

lisaviolet
06-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Lisa, why all the testing, R U OK?

Wow girl, I hope I never have to do that test.

My father has done it a few times.

I'm Still the same.

I'm absolutely fine Jo. The testing is for my nephew (Jean's) who needs a kidney. And to everyone - I'm a changed woman. Before (Jo his father lost his life from complications from type I diabetes) I never shared the testing (only near the end when we were cleared for surgery because I didn't want the "look at you" kind of stuff. But eff that - it's been such a wonderful gift to vent, laugh and share.

And I get a lot of "oh I couldn't". Well I disagree if someone you loved was sick you would.

I'm not a martyr. Last tiime a close friend said to me after T passed - will you give the kidney to someone (stranger waiting) who needs it Lisa? Didn't miss a beat. I said NOPE. :surfweb:

The test is not bad. I didn't mean to make it scary Jo. It's not. But I think for someone like your father - for me in my head - psychologically to push yourself to the maximum when you have a heart issue can't be fun at all. I only meant I have great compassion for that. But until they figure out how to evaluate without doing that - it's a life saver for many heart patients. For sure.

And all this testing is great in some ways. I get to know that I'm healthy. Or if I'm not - well get alerted to something that I might never have caught.

Good Morning Everyone!

I woke myself up coughing at 6.45am, that wasn't fun! I don't feel like im coming down with anything just a cough and sore throat - maybe its the change in the weather! (It went from being cold and rainy and around 60* on Thursday to 85* and red hot yesterday!)

Cathie - Good to see you back! :)

Meg - You are so ready for the half :cool1:

Ronda - Hi! I can't wait to hear all about your next race! :cool1:

Kat - My grandad always recommends a shot of whisky in tea for coughs and sore throats. Come to think of it, he recommends it for a lot of things :rotfl2:

Lisa - so many tests! Naked treadmill running did have me laughing!
I have freakishly low blood pressure too. Always. When I have it checked at the doctors he always tells me to get iron tablets and vitamins!

Oh Lisa - last night me and DH had date night.....we went out for Indian food! :lovestruc Prawn Bhuna, mushroom rice for me, Chicken Balti, Pilau rice for DH and of course we had popadoms and Garlic Naan bread too! :love:

Im back on it today though, tons of water is needed I think! I don't feel too bad about the Indian food - ive eaten pretty well this week and done a lot of walking and gardening!

Jo, E, EE, Nancy, Paula, everyone - Hi!

Hope everyone has a great day! :upsidedow

Hope you're feeling better Kelly.

OH man - you're killing me - how I ADORE IT ALL. Yum, yum and yum.

But rainbow trout was in the house this week. :goodvibes

And look missy - saw SATC II. HATED IT! :lmao: I ADORED the TV series. I've seen every episode numerous times. It speaks to me. Adored how they had the perfect balance of depth, wit and light hearted fun. The film -HATED IT. I felt like everyone became some kind of watered down crap. Like a caricature (sp?) of themselves. They lost the realness. And the sily clothes were so distractiing. Yes Carrie has always been over the top so to speak but not the others. Ridiculous clothes. I know - you didn't write it or style it. :rotfl:

I don't believe any of us should feel bad about food Kelly. I know - I know but I don't. You love Indian food - there is no reason for you not to enjoy every bite. And feel fiine after doing that. You know that balance is where successful weigh loss lives.

Boy, this is going to be miserable. DGF and I are doing a race this morning. It's 75 already. We start in an hour. Wheee!

Ronda

Good luck Ronda. To both of you.

lisaviolet
06-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I have freakishly low blood pressure too. Always. When I have it checked at

Once again - I suck at communicating. :laughing: You my dear win. My is only low normal like most times 117/75 or so. You sound like low blood pressure.

adsrtw
06-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Morning! Last T-ball game today then more work on my back. Still painful but nothing like it has been.

lisaviolet
06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Morning! Last T-ball game today then more work on my back. Still painful but nothing like it has been.

Have fun Amiee. And sending good thoughts to your back. :goodvibes

adsrtw
06-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks Lisa. Good luck on your tests.

Ronda93
06-05-2010, 11:03 AM
We're done. Saved by overcast skies. The sun didn't peek out until after we'd finished. I averaged about 12:30. A tad slower than a 10k last fall, but given the 30 degree temperature swing, I'm good with that.

DGF did great, too. We used a 5/1 run walk interval. Always a short walk to look forward to. The race is called Hospital Hill. It should be plural. There were some long grinds and a couple of steep ascents. But the downhills were sweet.

Gonna shower and start the weekend. Hope all goddesses are grand!

Ronda

HockeyKat
06-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Ronda

Glad it went well!! Was it a 5K or a 10K?

I started my run at 7AM and it was already over 80. Hit 95 today, I think.

This was a 1 mile slow and easy, 1 mile all-out, and 2 miles slow and easy. I did an 11:45 mile on the all-out and ran most of it. Managed to carry on a conversation, too!

They say I could move up to the 12 mile pace group but I think I am staying with 13s at least until the first 10 mile run. I would rather train a little slower and stay non-injured, esp since the RnR half is less than 8 weeks now.

An older man, probably well over 60, actually passed out, fell, and was completely out of it (bloody from some sort of impact, as well). He wasn't part of our group but they took care of him and called the paramedics, etc.

As scary as that is, it makes me so glad I am doing this as part of a group, esp as hot as it gets here, just in case something does happen.

Came home, mowed the lawn, met a friend for a pedi and lunch, hit Trader Joe's and Wally-world and am now home enjoying some couch and kitty time. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ronda93
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Glad it went well!! Was it a 5K or a 10K?

Both ; ) DGF peeled off and did the 5k, I did the 10. There was also a half marathon. Some friends at work ran it.

Great job on the 11:45! And conversation, too. I'd stay in the 13:00. Protecting yourself from injury becomes a preoccupation, doesn't it? It does for me. I pay so much more attention to my body when I'm training. I haven't trained with a group. That would be reassuring. I'd like to find a buddy or group. As it is, my run routes are teeming with runners in the early morning. I like that.

Ronda

adsrtw
06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Just checked in to see how Ronda's race went! Congrats to you and DGF!

I am relatively pain free at the moment, so I am getting some things finished around the house. :cool1: Be back later tonight to catch up.

HockeyKat
06-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Both ; ) DGF peeled off and did the 5k, I did the 10. There was also a half marathon. Some friends at work ran it.

Great job on the 11:45! And conversation, too. I'd stay in the 13:00. Protecting yourself from injury becomes a preoccupation, doesn't it? It does for me. I pay so much more attention to my body when I'm training. I haven't trained with a group. That would be reassuring. I'd like to find a buddy or group. As it is, my run routes are teeming with runners in the early morning. I like that.

Ronda

Yay on the 10K!

Preoccupation, absolutely!! I more than anything want to enjoy it and not wind up injured. Some sore muscles here and there, sure, but nothing that lasts longer than a day or two.

I think a good part of my enjoyment lately has been the group. My pace group has about 20-30 people in it, I think. Different people to talk to, and as those of the group that have met me know, I am sure not shy about talking to people!! :laughing:

Just having the people there is nice, though... when I did my Princess half training, it was too late in the day and likely a bit too early.late in the season to see many people out and about.

AKASnowWhite
06-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I asked about sports bra. I almost said, "Nancy says so!". :lmao:

:laughing: I'm sure that would have changed his mind :laughing:

Monday is many tests. But no big deal at all now that I give it some "rational" thought. Just laying for CT scans and x rays and ultrasounds. Lazy girl day.

ah. Day of "relaxing" tests. I hope they all go easily!

I stop short of an air horn. But just. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. :rolleyes1

Cowbells. That's what we use. Fabulously loud and just on the border of obnoxious without totally crossing the line. :thumbsup2

:lmao: OMG so very true.

My BP is always low. ALWAYS. Below normal. I'm very lucky. And I glanced at his screen before he started and it was high normal.

nerves? :confused3

I woke up coughing the other night. Felt like I had inhaled a dust bunny! :eek: Coughed so hard on my way to get a drink of water that my back went into spasms :headache:

We're done. Saved by overcast skies. The sun didn't peek out until after we'd finished. I averaged about 12:30. A tad slower than a 10k last fall, but given the 30 degree temperature swing, I'm good with that.

:yay: Nice job Ronda! Quick question. Did you solve your foot issues by lacing your shoes differently? I remember you talking about that as a possibility, and don't recall how that worked out!

They say I could move up to the 12 mile pace group but I think I am staying with 13s at least until the first 10 mile run. I would rather train a little slower and stay non-injured, esp since the RnR half is less than 8 weeks now.

I think that's a very smart idea!

AKASnowWhite
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
oh. and I got a hula hoop today :rolleyes1

adsrtw
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Nancy - hula hoops rock! I am just so uncoordinated. :lmao:

Kat - it sounds like there are quite a few benefits for running with a group. Heat exhaustion sounds like one of the top reasons. Scary!

It's 9pm and my back is still feeling good. I was able to get so much housework caught up today. I hope this continues tomorrow so I can get a good walk in. I don't know if I can run yet, but we will see.

AKASnowWhite
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Nancy - hula hoops rock! I am just so uncoordinated. :lmao:

I got a big, heavy one. Great exercise. I can totally feel my abs tonight!

It's 9pm and my back is still feeling good. I was able to get so much housework caught up today. I hope this continues tomorrow so I can get a good walk in. I don't know if I can run yet, but we will see.

Glad to hear that your back is improving! I know you're anxious to get out running, but please do take it slow! You certainly don't need any set backs!

poppinspal
06-06-2010, 12:25 AM
It's about 1:30 and I'm just rolling in from a Taylor Swift concert. Boy am I exhausted, I'm psyched to sleep in tomorrow. I hope you are all having a good weekend, I'll check in tomorrow on what everyoones been up to the past few days.

adsrtw
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Good Morning! Stiff this morning, but not in pain. Yay!!

I'm here working on my favorite pass time - trip planning. Doing some serious number crunching.

cantwaitvaca09
06-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi all.

EE, I hope the pain stays away.

Lisa, You are giving your kidney?? That is AWESOME!!!:worship::worship::worship:

Kat, Wow that is a great time for an all out mile. Great Job.

Ronda, Congrats to you and DGF on your race. You are sure going to get to your 600 mile mark way before the end of the year:cool1:

Nancy, What's the hula hoop for? Did I miss something?

Kat, cross your fingers for the blackhawks tonight.

Bad Bad Bad storms by me last night. Twister hit about 6 miles away.
Storms rolling in again now.

No run today, but I had a good workout yesterday,
I did 20 mins on the elliptical but I did it different
level 10 for 2 mins, then level 9 for 2 mins, then level 8 for 2 mins and So On.
Kicked my butt.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday Night!!

3DisneyKids
06-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi--busy week-end. Getting caught up now.

3DisneyKids
06-06-2010, 07:58 PM

DGF did great, too. We used a 5/1 run walk interval. Always a short walk to look forward to. The race is called Hospital Hill. It should be plural. There were some long grinds and a couple of steep ascents. But the downhills were sweet.

Gonna shower and start the weekend. Hope all goddesses are grand!

Ronda

GREAT job to both you and Sue! HILLS! Oh, how I hate hills! I avoid them like the plague. When we are up at the lake house, that is when I make myself do hills as I have no choice when there...nothing BUT hills. So I am super impressed that you did a hilly race!

oh. and I got a hula hoop today :rolleyes1

Um, yeah. Splain.

Here--big, big week-end. Lots going on. Niece graduated yesterday, so there was a huge family party and my in-laws spent the night here, so I had to play hostess. They left this morning. I ran in the POURING rain this morning, but oddly, it felt kinda good. :confused3 I have been eating like a machine and that needs to stop. So, tomorrow it is back to tracking and all of that crap. *sigh*

Summer is a major problem for me. We socialize and travel SO MUCH in the summer that usually it is all I can do to maintain. So I have to go into summer at a decent weight. And right now I am UP. So that sucks. I have to take off the pounds that I put on in the last 6 weeks and fast!

poppinspal
06-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Morning ladies! Happy Monday?

EE- Glad your back seems to be on the mend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays healthy.

My allergies are killing me right now. Even just resting I'm finding it hard to breath. I've got about three weeks till my race, I'm hoping the pollen count lowers by then. Last year was the first year I was affected by pollen and boy is it no fun.

BUT.... I'm going to the Celtics/Lakers game tomorrow night. Game 3 of the NBA finals. My friend I'm going with is a huge Celtics fan so I said sure I'd go with her. Go Celtics! (And go Blackhawks!!! Hockey is always my first sports love.)

Have a wonderful Monday!

AKASnowWhite
06-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Nancy, What's the hula hoop for? Did I miss something?

It's fun. And it works the core!

I have been eating like a machine and that needs to stop. So, tomorrow it is back to tracking and all of that crap. *sigh*

It's Monday. How many Monday mornings have I started with "it's a new week, yada, yada, yada". :confused3 I'm gaining at an alarming rate, and it must stop. I pulled out my journal and my breakfast is already noted.

I'm granting permission to all to hound me about my journal. It's the only way I can get this done.

Meg - allergies are such a bummer! I don't suffer too much myself, but Nate does. He's a runner and when he has races on high allergen days it is so, so hard for him.

Lisa - thinking of you today! Oh - and I had a dream about being in a track side box seat with cutie at a NASCAR race. Now, I don't even know if there IS such a thing as a box seat at a NASCAR race :laughing: It was definitely odd!

EE - how's the back this morning?

Kat - I'm totally laughing right now. In a good way. You are soooo on the dark side now :thumbsup2

Paula - how was your weekend?

cantwaitvaca09
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Morning All

Nancy, tried to do Alexa's hula hoop OMG, what a joke :rotfl2::rotfl2:

BLACKHAWKS!!!!

I am right there with all of you on the eating.
I am tracking today, no work out this AM, got up late, Plan to do elliptical tonight. ( I hope)

AKASnowWhite
06-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Nancy, tried to do Alexa's hula hoop OMG, what a joke :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh, I'm sure it was horrific. But that's because it's a KIDS sized hula hoop. That makes it way harder for adult sized bodies to actually use successfully. I got an adult size hula hoop. I have always been hula hoop impaired. But just having someone show me the proper size and just a few quick tips and I was amazed that I could do it!

HockeyKat
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
It's Monday. How many Monday mornings have I started with "it's a new week, yada, yada, yada". :confused3 I'm gaining at an alarming rate, and it must stop. I pulled out my journal and my breakfast is already noted.

I'm granting permission to all to hound me about my journal. It's the only way I can get this done.

Kat - I'm totally laughing right now. In a good way. You are soooo on the dark side now :thumbsup2

I am with you on the Monday startover. I could definitely have done better last weekend. Down 1 lb this AM, at least.

Yeah, I have sure jumped right over the edge, haven't I? :laughing:

Meg, I have allergy problems as well. Mucinex and Claritin. I buy both in the generic versions (which are much cheaper and just as good), and the combo will really help. Our allergy season is long past now, though... spring here is March/April.

3DisneyKids
06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm here. Didn't sleep almost at all last night. Let's hope it was just a one-night thing. I can't go through another week of this like I did a month ago. It may sound strange, but it "felt" like it was only a one-nighter instead of the beignning of a long bout of insomnia.

Still, it is such a gorgeous day here today that I am feeling good and getting ready to head out for a run. :thumbsup2

Hmmm...intrigued by the hula hoop. I have always been impaired as well. Have NEVER been able to do it. But maybe there's hope! :rotfl2:

So, I am double and triple booked just about every evening this week with end-of-the-year kid activities--programs and shows and concerts and award nights and on and on. Good thing Jeff is home so that we can divide and conquer.

AKASnowWhite
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Hmmm...intrigued by the hula hoop. I have always been impaired as well. Have NEVER been able to do it. But maybe there's hope! :rotfl2:

Apparently to be properly sized, the hula hoop has to be at least as high as your belly button, and a max. of up to your chest. Mine is right in the middle. I think most adults issues are that the hoop is too small! They tell me the bigger & heavier the easier it is. And once you get good at it, you can use smaller, lighter.

They also said that cardiovascularly speaking, hula hooping for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile. Perhaps they were leading me on, but I don't know why they would :confused3

3DisneyKids
06-07-2010, 02:46 PM
5.2 miles in the bank. 10:55 pace, with my last mile at 10:15. I'll take it. :thumbsup2

Considering the craptastic runs I have been having for ages, this is the best one in weeks. No pain at all for the past 6 weeks, though, and that has been awesome!

Ronda93
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Nancy asked about my shoe laces. I think it's better. I've concentrated on tying my right shoe as loosely as possible and still keep things from moving around too much. I need to measure the width of the tongue on the newer model of shoe. It think it's narrower. This started with a long run in the new shoes in March. When I was done I noticed the right tongue was rotated as far to the outside as the little lace thing would let it go. That left the top of my foot unpadded and sore. Since then it's gotten better with looser laces and my soon-to-be-patented "tongue keeper" (see pic below. it's just some plastic tubing that keeps the center thing centered).

Also supporting the tongue theory is the left foot hasn't had this problem and that one carries the Polar foot pod and the tongue can only go so far.

The only discomfort I have now is sore/stiffness in the morning. I'm a stomach sleeper and I guess my feet are usually flexed down. The first up flex of the day is obviously stretching something ; ) I suspect a tendon got bruised. As long as it's getting better and not worse I'm pushing on.

Ronda
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjEuanBn.jpg

HockeyKat
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Ronda, sorry about the foot pain and sore muscles.

Teeny little shoes!! Mine are a honkin size 10.

Can I just say, there is a woman on my hockey team that makes me think of you? Not sure why, just something about your posts and pics and the way she looks and acts and they match somehow.

I was so pissy this morning that I did 3 miles at lunch. 2.5 of them were timed, in 30 min, and the rest was warm up/cool down.

I say this and shouldn't, but it seems like a lot of my soreness, pain, shin issues haven't come back to haunt me yet...

3DisneyKids
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I know what you mean, Kat. It has been a while since I have had any leg pain at all and I am super afraid of jinxing myself!

goofyfan-12
06-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone -

Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend. I spent the better part of both days in my board meeting dealing with fun stuff like budgets, evaluations and such. I resigned as board chair at this meeting and attempted to resign from the board as well. I say attempted because they would like me to take the summer to reconsider. I am humoring them by doing it, but my mind is truly made up. The sense of relief that I woke up to this morning confirmed that.

Had an awesome workout on Saturday, but sadly did not get to ride my bike at all this weekend thanks to the weather. This weekend for sure though. ;)

JC went well this week and I am down 2.4 pounds. Not quite the total loss I was hoping for, but I'll take it. My head feels like it is on straight and I am focusing on losing the next fifty pounds and then that's it. In some ways, this is like resetting the scale and starting over and I am kind of excited about it.

Lisa - this is for you. Not sure if I shared this or not, but the coolest part of my little breakdown last Monday was the fact that for the first time I think I could see myself at goal. I was telling my JC consultant about this tonight and all I could think of was your comment about how you have seen me at goal. I think I am that much closer to seeing that person too. As I said, very cool.

Ronda - when you patent your invention and make millions for your new invention will we get discounts?

Meg - sorry for the allergies. Here's hoping the pollen count continues to go down.

Kat - yeah for stress relieving workouts.

E - sending you sleepy thoughts for a good night's rest tonight.

Nancy - hula hooping for ten minutes can burn as many calories as one mile of running? Really? Interesting. BTW - have you finished your journal for the day yet? ;)

Hi to everyone else. I am off to pack my food for tomorrow and then catch some sleep.

3DisneyKids
06-07-2010, 09:09 PM
PAULA! Awesome job on the loss! So glad to see you headed in the right direction! WTG!

Thanks for the sleepy thoughts, but I am feeling good. I am pretty well caught up with work and just taking care of some odds and ends and then plan to head to bed. But considering I got almost no sleep last night, I have done well all day, had a good run, and feel fine now. So I'll take it.

Ok, I have known for a while that we are all in a rut and we all need a challenge! So let's go. Just a 4-weeker until the 4th of July. We can TOTALLY do that.

For those who have never done a challenge with us before, you can to set your own goal(s). What is it that you want to get in the habit of doing or work on/improve? Some folks start small and choose just one thing (i.e.: drinking water, tracking at least 5 days per week, etc.) while others have more rigorous goals because some of the other stuff is already in place.

So, I am going to go first and state my goals (and I have several):

--Run 4x/week, including 1 long run per week (7+ miles)
--X-train 2x/week
--core 5x/week
--track 5x/week

Ok, those are my goals--post yours! Again--focus on what YOU need to and choose goals that are realistic for YOU. Trying to do everything at once is usually a recipe for failure. So start with manageable and achievable goals.

Once everyone has posted their goals, I will do it all up in a chart and post it here.

HockeyKat
06-07-2010, 09:18 PM
My goals:

--Run (well, run/walk) 3 times a week - 2 3-mile speed work runs, 1 Sat long run with Galloway program
--X-train twice a week - Sunday hockey, and one other
--Track 6 days a week - stay at or under 1200-1400
--Min of 64 oz of water 7 days a week, with at least 32 extra oz on Fri night

I would also like to be under 180, but that might be pushing it. I was 189.2 this morning.

Yes, they are aggressive, but I have that half on Aug 1. Also, I have been leading up to this over the last 2-3 weeks or so by building up mileage.

E, thanks for doing this!! Also, glad that you're feeling good, and hope you get good sleep tonight. :goodvibes

3DisneyKids
06-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Kat, great job getting back in the 180s! The way you lose, I won't be a bit surprised if you hit your goal by the 4th!

AKASnowWhite
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Since then it's gotten better with looser laces and my soon-to-be-patented "tongue keeper"

I find that all very interesting! Love your "tongue keeper". What a great idea! And the best part is, it seems to be working for you.

Teeny little shoes!! Mine are a honkin size 10

:laughing: me too! "cute shoes" aren't always so cute when they are jumbo sized :headache:

I say this and shouldn't, but it seems like a lot of my soreness, pain, shin issues haven't come back to haunt me yet...

oh jeez. Now you've done it! Quick. Knock on wood. Or throw salt over your shoulder. Something! :laughing:

I know what you mean, Kat. It has been a while since I have had any leg pain at all and I am super afraid of jinxing myself!

That's awesome! I've been almost exclusively biking lately and my back and hamstring are so much happier for the moment. I'm hoping to get started on yoga soon (Wednesday maybe?) and I'm assuming that will only help.

JC went well this week and I am down 2.4 pounds.

:yay: Stress can do wonky things to your body - and with all you've been dealing with lately I willing to bet that it has been effecting you. I'm so happy for you that things have turned a corner :goodvibes

BTW - have you finished your journal for the day yet? ;)

Doing it right now. Thanks for checking :lovestruc

Ok, I have known for a while that we are all in a rut and we all need a challenge! So let's go. Just a 4-weeker until the 4th of July. We can TOTALLY do that.

I'm so in. I'll figure out what I want to do and post my goals tomorrow.

AKASnowWhite
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Lisa! How did things go today?

poppinspal
06-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm psyched about the challenge, I need to get myself going on some things again.

- 64 oz of water a day, I need to get back to it.
- tracking what I eat (even if I'm not sure of the calories) at least 6 days a week
- return to making my own lunches instead of having a salad delivered almost every day
- get a good nights sleep!

I'm also making it a goal to hit 125lbs by July 4. My original goal was 130 and I'm at 131 now. I stopped working at loosing and just let myself stay at 131 for awhile. It's time for me to kick those last pounds.

I'm not setting myself any real running or cross training goals because I'm just under three weeks from my half so I will follow my training till the half then take the needed rest time. I'm worried if I set any exercise goals I may feel guilty after.

I think that's it for me! I really need myself back on track.

adsrtw
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm here. Hate Mondays. They start at 5:30 for me and end about now.

Did somebody say challenge? I'm not chancing my back yet with jogging so I had to get unique. It is tight but not painful.

PT back exercise - 6 days
1500 cals - track daily
Water - I'm ready for my lashings. I do not stay hydrated. 48 oz of water daily. Big problem for me.

poppinspal
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Nancy- All this talk about hula hoops... I'm so short I still might be able to use a kids one! I used to be a master at hula hoops though, I could do multiples, now I'm just really good at the Wii Fit hula hooping! :rotfl:

E- Way to go on the run and the no pain. Sometimes you need one run like that to turn things around! Thanks for getting the challenge going too!

Kat- I have been taking the generic version of zytrec(sp?) which usually helps but things have settled in my chest, I'm going to try the mucinex, I would have never thought of that. By the way how is hockey lately? I have to get my hockey fix from you.

Paula- A loss is still a loss! Way to go!

Hi to everyone else. My brain continues to be mush thanks to lots of allergy medicine so I forget who else I was responding to.

Oh I did get in an 11 mile run tonight with pace hovering right around 10:00 per mile. I went to my hip hop class as well but skipped out on my kickboxing class. Everything feels good, just need these allergies to go away.

HockeyKat
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Meg - we have started the summer league. Unfortunately, a bit of "drama", but I think we may have it resolved. We won our game last night, 4-1.

Zyrtec knocks me out but good. Totally can't function for the entire 24 hour period!

11 miles at a 10:00 mile pace!! I am so envious. I am such a snail.

DisneyGalUK
06-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Super quick fly-by from me, just to post my goals so they are out there!

I am going back to basics:

2 litres of water a day
Track everything
30 mins exercise daily

I think that by going back to what I learnt at the start and working my way up is the way to go!

Out of curiosity I went on google and converted litres to ounces, as you guys post your water in ounces and I wanted to compare - 2 litres is just over 67 ounces so thats good!

Have a great day everyone :)

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Hi All

Goals

Coke once a week ONLY
Track better
Workout 5x a week
175-171 by July 4, 168 by Aug 5 (I am 180 now)
I have been stuck at 180 since April

Ok, off to do elliptical now!

AKASnowWhite
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
So exciting to see everyone's goals. Looks like this challenge was just what we all needed!

I think the exercise piece of my puzzle is in place, so I'm going back to nutritional basics.

Water - min 48oz per day, really aiming for 64oz
alcohol - one night per week only
tracking - everything will get written down daily regardless of what it is, min 5 days per week to stay within my WW points limits.

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Workout done.
20 mins of high intence Ellitical. I still hope one day I can spend an hour on that thing like you do E. But for now I am happy with my 20 mins. (before I could only do level 1 for 3 mins and I thought I was going to die!)...

Oh one more Goal for me, by July 4, I would LOVE to break out of my 2 mile rut and consitanly do a 3.5.

Have a great Tuesday!

Alexa asked me,"Mommy, when is your summer break from work like mine from school?"

I gave her a big hug and kiss and said Mommy and Daddy do not get a break like you.:sad2:

3DisneyKids
06-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Awesome goals everyone! Yup, looks like we needed a challenge, that's for sure! I am waiting on a couple of folks and then I'll post the chart. :thumbsup2

cathie1327
06-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks, E for getting our butts in gear :)

Goals:
At least 48 oz water daily
Bring lunch from home at least 3 days a week instead of eating at cafeteria
Work out with Carlos at least once a week.

That last one is something I wanted to talk to you guys about. It's no secret to Carlos that I REALLY want to get healthy and lose some weight. He's not really overweight, but he also wants to get healthy before his metabolism starts to slow down and it all catches up with him.

For those of you with significant others...how do you meet your weight loss goals together?

Especially that we are living together now, we agreed that working on this TOGETHER is going to be the easiest way to achieve our goals, because we can hold each other accountable and support each other.

3DisneyKids
06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Cathie--Jeff and I both work out A LOT. And basically, we each just make it a priority. Let's say it is a Saturday and I promised to ______ (fill in the blank with any particular chore around the house). Jeff knows that I won't do it until AFTER I run. And he expects and respects that. Working out is the priority for both of us as much as possible. (Obviously, we don't have our workouts be more important than the kids' needs, but if it is a stupid chore vs. a workout? The workout wins.)

Because of the kids, we don't often workout together--he'll go for a run and then I'll go when he gets back or any arrangement like that.

But we used to workout together all the time. In fact, that is how we met--at the gym. Basically, we just went to the gym together--it isn't like we were workout partners or anything, since we were doing very different forms of exercise. But we showed up together, each did our workout--and would check-in with each other throughout the time; just lots of bantering back and forth the way you do in a gym--and we left together. We planned out workouts for right before dinner (best time to workout, IMO, in terms of metabolic boost and weight loss), so we would come home from the gym and immediately start making dinner together. It was a GREAT system. And to date, that is when both of us were at our thinnest and in our most fit. Of course, we were in our 20s and had no kids, so there you go.

The biggest thing, though, is food. Remember that you CAN'T out-train a bad diet. Which means if you have particular foods that you just can't control yourself around, but which are no big deal for Carlos, well then--don't have those foods in the house. And being supportive means that he is willing to not bring that stuff into the house.

The other part is cooking dinners (or whatever meals) and eating AT HOME and not always going out and/or getting take-out. You need to prepare as many meals at home as possible.

HockeyKat
06-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Cathie, here is my experience with trying to stay healthy together.

D and I did work out for a time, together, and we basically had to make the gym date and then meet at the end. Our styles and what we wanted to accomplish were very different. It did help to go together, though.

Now, well... we try to work on the eating thing together but working out is totally separate (well, he doesn't do it, and I do it a lot!). We have also decided that eating the same things just doesn't work for us, so a lot of times we will make separate meals then eat them together. It solved a lot of the "What do you want for dinner? I dunno, what do you want?" fights.

Unlike E (although we do not have kids), I do not get a pass just because I need/want to run or work out. I usually have to schedule any kind of activity so that it doesn't conflict with chores or any other things that we do. However, our work schedules are WILDLY different and I get some time to myself, so that helps a lot. I also do a lot of my working out at lunch, and now early morning Sats or scheduled activities like Sun evening hockey.

Hopefully you two can work out something that works for you! :goodvibes

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Remember that you CAN'T out-train a bad diet. .

I still can not convince my brain that.
:rotfl2:

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 12:53 PM
kat, that lake in NC that I use to run around is called Lake Lynn

HockeyKat
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
kat, that lake in NC that I use to run around is called Lake Lynn

Yup, that's not too far from where I live. I have met a friend there to walk once or twice.

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Endurance Athletes
I need your help
E, you said that you think right before dinner is the best time to work out. For me I do it when I can (with the girls and DH's schedule its hard) So most of the time is first thing in the AM like 5:30!:scared1:
When I do that I am STARVING all day. WTH!

Also, I am sitting at my desk today doing reports and falling asleep, I decide to go into the warehouse and run up and down the stairs. I did this for 4 mins and I was SOOOOOOOOO Winded? Why, I am really that out of shape?:eek:

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Yup, that's not too far from where I live. I have met a friend there to walk once or twice.

I have not been to raleigh in 6 years, but I remember it being so very peacefull. For me doing a run there first thing in the AM was so wonderful.
Oh, how I miss it!

HockeyKat
06-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Endurance Athletes
I need your help
E, you said that you think right before dinner is the best time to work out. For me I do it when I can (with the girls and DH's schedule its hard) So most of the time is first thing in the AM like 5:30!:scared1:

Also, I am sitting at my desk today doing reports and falling asleep, I decide to go into the warehouse and run up and down the stairs. I did this for 4 mins and I was SOOOOOOOOO Winded? Why, I am really that out of shape?:eek:

I actually have the same problem with hunger on the days I have been getting up early to do the training program, and so far we are only up to 4 miles.

If there is a way to get rid of that hunger, I want to know too! I have heard refuel immediately after the workout, but I tried that last week to no avail. By 4PM, even with a reasonable sized lunch, I was ready to gnaw my arm off.

I usually work out right before lunch and I am good to go for the rest of the day.

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I actually have the same problem with hunger on the days I have been getting up early to do the training program, and so far we are only up to 4 miles.

If there is a way to get rid of that hunger, I want to know too! I have heard refuel immediately after the workout, but I tried that last week to no avail. By 4PM, even with a reasonable sized lunch, I was ready to gnaw my arm off.

I usually work out right before lunch and I am good to go for the rest of the day.

Kat, from time to time I work out right after work, but now with summer and the girls its hard.

3DisneyKids
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Endurance Athletes
I need your help

There are LOTS of good times to work out; I don't know that there is a single "best" time, but certainly you want to do it BEFORE a meal time.

I understand about having to work out around the kids, but you can get creative. My kids are a bit older now, but I always just incorporated them into my workouts in a variety of ways. And even now, if I have to get a run in and Jeff is traveling I just have them get on their bikes and they ride while I run. This worked even better when they were still on training wheels, so it is definitely a good way to go with little ones. And I used the double jogger forever until they were big enough for bikes with training wheels.

Another thing I often do is the stairs at home. I do that a couple of times a month, at least. If I can't get out of the house or can't get any other type of workout in, by God, at least I can do the stairs! :rotfl2: And if you are that winded after 4 minutes, it just shows that this is a good place for you to be. Sure, running is great. But it doesn't work all of your muscles, right? That is what cross-training is for.

I have a dozen more ideas for getting a workout in around the kids, but the bottom line is to be creative and think outside the box.

As for getting so hungry, the main thing is that after you workout, you want to eat HIGH protein with some carbs. Also, first thing in the morning, regardless of whether or not you workout in the morning--the best way to NOT want to eat your arm off by 4pm is to have a high protein breakfast.

But of course, everyone is different. You have to play around a bit and see what works for you.

cantwaitvaca09
06-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank You E.
Alexa does ride her bike with me when I run, but Alaina can not ride that far. I have even done sprints in front of the house (what a sight to see!)

I don't have a double jogger so I could only walk if I have both girls, but if I am going to be HONEST, I do have a treadmill and an elliptical at home. So there is nothing stopping me to do that. :rolleyes1

As for eating, this AM I had the Jimmy Dean D-Lit Turkey/cheese muffin 6 points. I was starving until I had lunch, Turkey sub and now I am good!
Moring is the worst time for me.

AKASnowWhite
06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
about to gnaw my own hand off :headache:

AKASnowWhite
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
For those of you with significant others...how do you meet your weight loss goals together?

VERY good question! And for everyone, the answer is going to be different!

Stephen also works out alot, so for the two of us it's just a habit. Because he works from home, he gets up in the morning, works for an hour-ish, and once the kids are off to school we get our acts together and workout. Today we biked. Some days we go on trail runs. But most often we go to the gym. BUT. We don't DRIVE to the gym together. Typically we go at the same time, but I'm usually there longer than he is.

Cathie--Jeff and I both work out A LOT. And basically, we each just make it a priority. Let's say it is a Saturday and I promised to ______ (fill in the blank with any particular chore around the house). Jeff knows that I won't do it until AFTER I run.

:eek: Oh, I never promise to do any particular "chore" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Endurance Athletes
I need your help

I'm a morning exerciser as well. Not quite as early as you, but 8:00ish Trial and error led me to discover that I needed to eat more in the morning and less in the evening. By the time I've finished with my lunch, I need to have eaten a full half of my days allotment of WW points (or calories, or however you count your food). I can't skimp on fats and proteins in the morning or I crash around 2:00-3:00. And lots and lots of fruit and veggies all day.

But of course, everyone is different. You have to play around a bit and see what works for you.

yep. Like I said. Trial and error. Oh - and the other thing that works well for me (when I'm truly "on", which I haven't been lately but I'm getting there again) is I eat by the clock, 6 smaller meals a day. Sadly, it's something that you may have to fiddle with before you find a system that suits you well. But don't give up - the answer is there, you just haven't found it yet!

3DisneyKids
06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I just want to echo what Nancy said...

Jo, you said that you eat 6 points for breakfast and yet you are starving by lunch. What are you eating in between? Every three hours is a good rule to go by--for a variety of reasons. First, you don't get to the point where you are so hungry that you eat everything in sight and then go hunting for more.

Secondly--eating more frequently means you are working your metabolism. Which means you are speeding up your metabolism...which means you will burn more calories when "at rest." This is MAJOR. It is also the biggest issue that obese folks have. They often skip breakfast--and sometimes even lunch--not eating all day until evening. Then they binge like crazy. And even if during that binging they eat less calories than they would if they had eaten throughout the day, they have screwed their metabolisms up so badly by eating that way for such a long time, that their metabolisms are snail-like.

Make your body work for you!

6 small meals a day is ideal. However, like Nancy said, figure out when your larger meals need to be. Me? I have to plan a decent size snack (3-4 points) at 4pm. That is my danger zone. And yes, we eat dinner at 6. But this way, I don't get overly hungry, I eat a much smaller dinner, and my points last throughout the day instead of being all used up by dinner. Again, for some folks, it is ok to use the last of your daily points at dinner. But I am up till 1am most nights. I know that there is no way in hell I can make it from 6pm to 1am with no food. I have to leave some points for late night.

But the first thing is to stay within your points range. This, too, might take figuring out. For me, I stay within my daily points because I know I am going to go over on the week-ends and I need to save my bonus for points then. Nancy divides her weekly bonus points up and adds a few extra to each day of the week since she has a hard time staying within her daily points. So again, you have to try different things and see how they go.

Last piece of advice--sorry if I am throwing so much information at you! But try to stay with "real" food as opposed to pre-packaged and processed. Sure, it's healthier, we all know that. But in addition, it is going to stick with you--you will feel fuller longer.

goofyfan-12
06-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone!

Everyone is posting great goals! So here are mine:

- drink 48 oz of water everyday (not including what I drink when working out)
- eat JC food for five days out if the week
- follow portion control when eating non JC food
- write it down; yes dummy you need to track and journal!

Can you tell my goals are all food related? I am living proof that you can't out train a bad diet!

goofyfan-12
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Jo - here is what has been working (and I use that phrase lightly) for me lately.

Up at 6:00 and out the door for work by 7:00. Eat a piece of fruit on the way in. Around 8:30 or 9:00 I eat breakfast which is usually cereal w/ skim milk and berries. I also have a cup of tea. This is contractor coffee break time so I am trained to eat here.

Lunch is around noon and is usually a JC lunch which is around 250 calories. It could be a turkeyburger, beef stew, etc. I also have a serving of veggies. Could be a salad or cut up veggies with a dip made from fat free Greek yogurt.

Around 3:30 or 4:00 I have a vitamin bar that JC makes and is snout 110 calories and a piece of fruit. If I am starving, I will add some Greek yogurt to this for the protein.

Dinner is around 6:30 on the nights I am not working out and are about 300 calories. I add veggies to this to fill me up. If I find myself going to the gym from work, I may grab a Luna bar to carry me over but not always. Dinner is then after my workout and I tend to look for a high protein option as opposed to a pasta based entree.

I work out almost exclusively at night due to my work schedule. Even if I was willing to be at the gym for five I still would be pushing it to get to work on time. Throw in the fact that I am just nit a morning person and you see why I work out at night.

3DisneyKids
06-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Sounds like just about everyone has posted goals, so I will get to work on posting our chart. Anyone who still wants to join, just post! This is not a closed challenge, by any means!

cantwaitvaca09
06-09-2010, 04:17 AM
E. Nancy, Paula

Thanks so very much for the advice.
Morning is my worst time, so I need to work on eating a little more in the AM. I am going to try to do the 3 hour thing, I think that may help.

Today is going to be a Longgg day. Up at 4AM and can't go back to sleep.UGG

cantwaitvaca09
06-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Morning All.

I feel much better now, I skipped the work out and went back to bed. :cool1:

Have a great HUMP DAY!!

AKASnowWhite
06-09-2010, 09:15 AM
huh. We're beginning to sound like a weight loss thread ;)

But the first thing is to stay within your points range. This, too, might take figuring out. For me, I stay within my daily points because I know I am going to go over on the week-ends and I need to save my bonus for points then. Nancy divides her weekly bonus points up and adds a few extra to each day of the week since she has a hard time staying within her daily points. So again, you have to try different things and see how they go.

Erika is absolutely right. I do divide up my weekly bonus points and add some to each day. I also eat my activity points. For example, according to my little slide rule thingy yesterday's bike ride rewarded me with 9 activity points. NINE! I was extremely hungry in the afternoon so I did end up eating most of those 9 points.

I also try to determine why it is I feel hungry. Is it emotional? a snacky habit or craving? Do I need to hydrate more? Or am I honestly hungry. So many pieces to fit together. But, I'll keep on keepin' on. :laughing:

Lisa? Where are you? :confused3 hope all is going well my friend!

cantwaitvaca09
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Nancy I eat my activity points also. I think that is why I have not gained I have stayed the same.

And I do know most of my snack eating is at work and it is emtional.

Have you ever seen the movie the Devil Wears Prada. Well that is the type of person I work for.

I am trying hard to know that this is just a job. And I am happy that I am not her!

3DisneyKids
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
So funny, Nancy! I was going to say the same thing...it IS starting to sound like a weight loss thread around here! :rotfl2:

Off to get a short run in. Kids have a half day today, so I am pressed for time.

cathie1327
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Morning ladies.

Okay so I'm in a crabby mood today...so I am determind... DETERMINED to go home and work out and hopefully it'll help relieve some stress. We have a really nice park across the street with a lake, maybe I'll drag Carlos to go walk around it a few times with me.

Today so far-lunch from home, CHECK!!!!

cantwaitvaca09
06-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Cathie, Great job on brining your lunch!!! :thumbsup2

E, forgive me if this has already been said, but do your kids go to school year round?

Kat, Meg, Tonights the night!!!!
:cheer2: BLACKHAWKS :cheer2:

poppinspal
06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Kat- Just wanted to say I tried mucinex in addition to taking zyrtec for my allergies because you said it helped. And I think I'm finally turning the corner and getting better. So I've been waiting all day for a chance to say thank you!

Jo- Go Blackhawks! Although I might be cursed this year so maybe I shouldn't say that. I went to a Bruins playoff game and they lost. I went to a Celtics playoff game last night and they lost. I used to be good luck!

So this week is teacher appreciation week at school. The parents in each class room make us lunch for a week and at the end of the week we get binders with notes and pictures from the families at the center. There has been a ton of food! I want to participate especially because there are lots of foods I wouldn't normally have so I'm just trying to eat a tiny portion of the things. Its been hard though and I definitely am starting to feel gross even though I don't think I've been eating too much. It's just not what I'm used to. Not the way I wanted to kick off the challenge.

I'd also like to vent about other things at work right now but I'm just too fearful that someone might see it.

lisaviolet
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Okay, just saying hi.

Must catch up. I've just read it all but don't have time to post right now.

I"ve been too busy watching a certain Boston team lose. :rolleyes1 Quite fulfilling. popcorn:: And I didn't even see a certain someone - lucky little sh!t - in the crowd. :goodvibes

Erika - any news? I should just go read your thread - catch up and see.

Will be back.

Oh no goals for me. I do much better when I don't involved my brain.

cathie1327
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Ugh. I'm about to gnaw my arm off today. I wish I had brought more snacks with me today but I forgot to freeze my ice packs for my lunch box so I didn't pack them this morning....

All I have to choose from here at work is the vending machine, or leftover ice cream the ice bought the other day in the freezing. ARGH!!!!

AKASnowWhite
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
wow. I got totally off track tonight. We had a special recognition for our graduating seniors at our 4H meeting tonight. Pizza and cake. I did have 2 tiny little squares of cheese pizza and a little bitty corner piece of cake. Unfortunately that amount of food probably cost me a good 10-12 WW points and of course I'm still hungry because I ate only a very small amount, and it was all CRAP calories. However, I will be tracking it. But first, I think I go eat a carrot :headache:

willonlyflytodisney
06-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Sooo sorry!

For awhile, this thread was the only thing keeping me on track and now I've fallen so far behind!

Well, Ive decided to pay for help this time as I don't think I can do it alone and I've signed up for Jillian Michaels online to have her help me with my fitness plan.

Whenever I try to do it, my waist gets tiny and the rest of me stays the same and I give up because I feel uneven.

Well, here I go again!

Lisa - am I to suspect that you are a Yankees fan? or even an anti-Sox fan? haha

Let me know 'cuz going to school in Boston can be a tricky thing for someone from NY :)

Glad to be back. :woohoo:

lisaviolet
06-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Haven't caught up yet. Just posting. Exhausted.

Pictures from my birthday downtown Toronto....

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6302.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6345.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6355.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6347.jpg

Some of the Hyatt Regency the four star I snagged for $69....

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6371.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6315.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6358.jpg

lisaviolet
06-09-2010, 09:30 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6330.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6387.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6325.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6341.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6396.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6346.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6351.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6336.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6378.jpg

I instructed her to jump the tower but she chickened out and went for a condo instead. :lmao:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6391.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6326.jpg

lisaviolet
06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Sooo sorry!

For awhile, this thread was the only thing keeping me on track and now I've fallen so far behind!

Well, Ive decided to pay for help this time as I don't think I can do it alone and I've signed up for Jillian Michaels online to have her help me with my fitness plan.

Whenever I try to do it, my waist gets tiny and the rest of me stays the same and I give up because I feel uneven.

Well, here I go again!

Lisa - am I to suspect that you are a Yankees fan? or even an anti-Sox fan? haha

Let me know 'cuz going to school in Boston can be a tricky thing for someone from NY :)

Hi! :goodvibes

No, I'm NBA all the way. Celtics.

Will catch up soon. Nancy :lovestruc will answer. And Paula loads to say.

:love: to all.

AKASnowWhite
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
fabulous pictures, as usual Lisa :goodvibes

HockeyKat
06-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Love the pics Lisa!! Love the way Jean peeks over things. And the jumping pictures.

Tried Zumba tonight. Holy crap. Legs are burning.

adsrtw
06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Love your pics Lisa.

Hi everybody. Researching and only have my phone. Gag.

goofyfan-12
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Lisa - love the pictures. You truly have an artist's eye.

Just finished watch the Stanley Cup celebrations. Man I love hockey traditions! Hoist that cup boys.

Had an eh day food wise. Not horrible or epic, but not great. I tracked it so it us time to turn the page. On the plus side, my workout was awesome so all was not lost.

Off to bed so I can start anew tomorrow.

poppinspal
06-10-2010, 06:22 AM
I"ve been too busy watching a certain Boston team lose. :rolleyes1 Quite fulfilling. popcorn:: And I didn't even see a certain someone - lucky little sh!t - in the crowd. :goodvibes

Just for you...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs336.ash1/28982_886264521640_908245_49486126_5323307_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs327.snc3/28982_886264671340_908245_49486143_2635223_n.jpg

AKASnowWhite
06-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Sooo sorry!

Welcome back. Forgive me - but I've forgotten your name :upsidedow

Had an eh day food wise. Not horrible or epic, but not great. I tracked it so it us time to turn the page.

I really liked that image Paula. Turning the page that is.

After I finished calculating last night, I discovered that my day wasn't quite has horrid as I feared. I was about 25% over *budget* with my WW points, but it definitely wasn't one of those record-setting days! ;)

Today is a new day with new challenges. Nate has his track awards tonight, and Becca has drama awards. Simultaneously. In different locations :headache: Looks like a divide and conquer kind of evening.

AKASnowWhite
06-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Meg - cute pics :goodvibes

cantwaitvaca09
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
BLACKHAWKS WIN BLACKHAWKS WIN

OMG, the radio reported today that they landed in chicago this morning at 4 Am and they opened up two bars for them and as of about an hour ago when I got into work, they are still out at the bar.!!

My in-laws come in today:headache:

Have a great day all.
UGG I am eating better but no work out to speak of. :sad2:

cantwaitvaca09
06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Lisa your pricture are amazing

Meg, you are so cute in the pics.

Nancy, 25% is not all that bad. And you tracked it, even better!
Back on track today.

EE, E, Paula, Ronda, Cathie, Have a great day!

AKASnowWhite
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Nancy, 25% is not all that bad. And you tracked it, even better!
Back on track today.

exactly. I committed to tracking it all - good or bad - and as Paula said, I'm turning the page today :goodvibes

Good luck with the in-laws Jo!:flower3:

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Meg, great pics!!

Jo, congrats! I am just happy Philly lost.

OH! Are we posting goals daily? I probably should. Ok if I start posting food again?

Yesterday:
B/L: Egg beater omelette with onions, mushrooms, 1 slice bacon, wee bit of goat cheese brie (100), roasted potatoes and onions (100)
S: Greek yogurt spinach dip (60), 10 ff pringles (45), raw veggies (20)
S: SF jello pudding (60)
D: 1 lb snow crab legs (200), 4 oz jumbo shrimp (80), 3 oz mussels (150), 1 ear corn (100), 1 tbsp light butter (50)
S: SF jello mousse (60), 1 bud light select 55 (55)
Total Calories, 1080
Water, 80 oz+
Exercise: 1 day xtraining - 1 hour of zumba. 2 days of xtraining complete.

cantwaitvaca09
06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
wow kat, did you make all that yourself.
That does not even sound like "diet food":rotfl2:

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Yes, I did make it all myself. :)

I have a huge lobster pot with steamer insert that I got as a bridal shower gift... great for seafood boils. Also, that meal was under $10 thanks to some creative shopping. $1.99/lb crab legs (bought 6 lbs for the freezer!), buy one 2lb bag of frozen raw jumbo shrimp, get 2 bags free, and $3.50/2lb bag frozen mussels (which I have found are actually better than the fresh you get around here, less gritty). Corn was $.33/ear and bought fresh.

Greek yogurt was Trader Joe's brand, which comes in a big plain container and is 120 cals a cup (and 22 g protein!!). Makes killer dip or sour cream substitute. Thicker than ff sour cream, tastes better, and way more protein.

Light butter and egg beaters and pampered chef stoneware bar pan, which makes great roasted potatoes w/ no oil needed, are my friends. :goodvibes

Also, that is the key... no "diet" food. Just good food, portion controlled, and a ton of veggies and fruits. I was lacking on fruit yesterday but I have some in my lunch bag today.

cantwaitvaca09
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes, I did make it all myself. :)

I have a huge lobster pot with steamer insert that I got as a bridal shower gift... great for seafood boils. Also, that meal was under $10 thanks to some creative shopping. $1.99/lb crab legs (bought 6 lbs for the freezer!), buy one 2lb bag of frozen raw jumbo shrimp, get 2 bags free, and $3.50/2lb bag frozen mussels (which I have found are actually better than the fresh you get around here, less gritty). Corn was $.33/ear and bought fresh.

Greek yogurt was Trader Joe's brand, which comes in a big plain container and is 120 cals a cup (and 22 g protein!!). Makes killer dip or sour cream substitute. Thicker than ff sour cream, tastes better, and way more protein.

Light butter and egg beaters and pampered chef stoneware bar pan, which makes great roasted potatoes w/ no oil needed, are my friends. :goodvibes

holly Cow Kat, I am impressed and now hungry.
I have heard people talk about greek yogurt, is it good to eat greek rather than fiber one?

cathie1327
06-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Lisa-fantastic pictures as always

Kat-love Zumba. Or at least I think I do. Until afterwards and then yeah, my legs feel like they are disowning me. :)

Everyone else-good morning!!!!

So yesterday Carlos and I went to the store and vowed to walk around it twice before we started shopping. I know it's nothing major, but it's more exercise than we've been getting :) I was making fondant figures for a cake this weekend after that all night and made myself stand rather than sit. Like I said, not a HUGE deal, but at least something.

Yesterday I got through a bottle and half of water...when I should be having two...so didn't quite meet that goal. I seem to have a problem remembering to drink water after work when I get home. Doing it at work doesn't seem to be so hard.

Today-brought my lunch. Stuffed peppers (with no cheese) and a nice huge salad :)

Been on a salad kick lately, I think it's the hot weather, I've been wanting something light to eat.

Doing some MAJOR house cleaning and unpacking tonight. Not really looking forward to it because I almost don't even know where to begin...but in a way I am because I hate feeling unorganized and not knowing where everything is.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

DisneyGalUK
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Good evening everyone!

I was about 25% over *budget* with my WW points, but it definitely wasn't one of those record-setting days! ;)

I would know nothing about record-setting WW points days :rolleyes1

My in-laws come in today:headache:

good luck with the in-laws!

So a quick check in with the goals:

Tracking - done, even when it wasn't pretty
Exercise - done
Water - really done!

Surprisingly, the goal that I thought I would struggle with - the water - is the one I have found easiest!
Im easily drinking the 2 litres a day, and it is helping with hunger pangs too - I must be thirstier than I thought! :rotfl2:

So, is the World Cup a big deal over there for you guys or not so much? It is MAJOR over here - Englands first game is Saturday (against USA :rolleyes1) and I am hosting a World Cup party - just the girls! Time to get my thinking cap on for healthy nibbles if anyone has any ideas!

Hope everyone is having a great day :upsidedow

adsrtw
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Kat is a low cal goddess. I've borrowed so many ideas from her.

Hi everybody. My day bites. Is it Saturday yet?

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
holly Cow Kat, I am impressed and now hungry.
I have heard people talk about greek yogurt, is it good to eat greek rather than fiber one?

I personally don't like Greek yogurt as a substitute for regular fruit yogurt. I have tried it and it's too thick. However, I do like it as a dip base, in place of sour cream.

I don't eat the fiber one yogurts, I eat light n fit or the wallyworld knockoff (each are 80 cals) and I mix in 1/4 cup of fiber one or Trader Joe's fiber cereal. Makes it crunchy. :)

It doesn't have the fiber content, but has tons of protein.

Cathie, I am a salad fiend right now too. So hot out.

Okay, Zumba the night before a 3 mile run... not the brightest plan. I toughed through it though, did about 3.6 miles in 45 min including a 5 min warmup and cooldown.

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Sooo sorry!

Well, here I go again!

I forgot to say this yesterday. About the bold - that's the thing so don't let it bother you. We all have body parts that lose big time where others will wait til' the very last moment.

Love your pics Lisa.

Hi everybody. Researching and only have my phone. Gag.

Look at the techie get frustrated. :lmao: So cute - the gag. :goodvibes

Just for you...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs336.ash1/28982_886264521640_908245_49486126_5323307_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs327.snc3/28982_886264671340_908245_49486143_2635223_n.jpg

What a nice smile you HAD before the game. :lmao::rotfl:

I AM SO JEALOUS. Is your friend rich? Are you? :rotfl: Or is she/he well hooked up?

Let me extend my sincere apologies about what is going to happen tonight. popcorn::

AND how cute are you, Megan? :lovestruc

And small.

ANd even better - strong!

AND you my dear will always look young. Thick hair. Gift not to age. A face can age but thick hair always makes one look young regardless. Me - baby fine.

Meg, great pics!!

Jo, congrats! I am just happy Philly lost.

OH! Are we posting goals daily? I probably should. Ok if I start posting food again?

Yesterday:
B/L: Egg beater omelette with onions, mushrooms, 1 slice bacon, wee bit of goat cheese brie (100), roasted potatoes and onions (100)
S: Greek yogurt spinach dip (60), 10 ff pringles (45), raw veggies (20)
S: SF jello pudding (60)
D: 1 lb snow crab legs (200), 4 oz jumbo shrimp (80), 3 oz mussels (150), 1 ear corn (100), 1 tbsp light butter (50)
S: SF jello mousse (60), 1 bud light select 55 (55)
Total Calories, 1080
Water, 80 oz+
Exercise: 1 day xtraining - 1 hour of zumba. 2 days of xtraining complete.

Hello! I'm on my way down. :lmao::rotfl:

adsrtw
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
It's too hot out to have much of an appetite (for me at least). Add me to the salad list. A grocery store has some yummy packaged salads that have mixed lettuces (greens and reds) with craisins, walnuts and Gorgonzola. Yummy.

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello! I'm on my way down. :lmao::rotfl:

You are welcome anytime. :goodvibes

We do seafood boils a lot actually... I am always on the lookout for good sales on it, plus we are pretty close to the coast here (not like E and Liz, but not too bad), so I think that helps on the price.

EE, thanks on the low cal kudos! If only I had the willpower to eat like this always, then again that would mean I would be on that elusive naturally skinny thread.

I had a small victory today. It was "tenant appreciation" lunch catered in by the company that manages this building. Chopped NC-style pork BBQ, chicken, slaw, baked bean, etc. I looked at it and passed. I would have been eating it just to eat, you know? I don't enjoy any of those things except maybe the chicken, and I can totally do roasted chicken low-cal at home.

Instead, I went to the gym, and came back and ate my pita and salad that I brought from home.

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Okay, catching up.

Nancy. :love: Thanks. I was in fine form for Monday's tests. One I was supposed to be there at least half a day. It was like I was in an airport bumping my flight time up to standby. I was on a mission. And this hospital was well run. :thumbsup2

I did the ultrasound and chest xray so quickly that I worked the system to get me moved up the ladder for the CT and was out within three hours. SCORE.

Two - I did not have body - past sh!t - anxiety in comparison. SCORE.

Three - I had fun with the CT. I don't know if any of you have had an abdominal CT but there's a wee bit of drama involved. It's called dye. You see this dye creates drama. Because - and it's the kind of lottery chance situation - people have died. The chances - almost none - but still.

So the guy who takes me down says, "you've never had this before, right?". I said yes. He slaps a bracelet on me (they don't do this for any other tests of course why would they? - I swear they do this for fast movement if something occurs) and says, "oh so you know about the dye?". :lmao:

Yes I know about the dye. :laughing:

So I go in and get "you've never had this before?" again. And answer Yes. Oh, okay but I still have to tell you about the dye.

Yes I know about the dye. :lmao:

And she's so surprised and asked me how I remember after five years about the dye. And I say "let's see - maybe because at St. Mike's the woman says to me as she greets me for the CT - I have to tell you that I'm going to put some dye in you and you could die and please sign this consent form for us".

PRICELESS. :lmao::rotfl:

The technician and I had a smile.

The dye - let me tell you - is fascinating. Where is the cutie? :laughing: to be curious about fascinating things. As soon as it goes in you feel it - it's warm/hot - and you can literally feel its route. And it's fast. It's so fascinating.

So when I'm finished the CT I think "wow no consent form here". :laughing: But she gives me this card to put in my purse. What's this for?

Oh, you could get an allergy up to seven days after - we give you this card so that you can show someone in that moment.

OMG. I swear - priceless. No moment for me!

So good fun.

__________________________________________________ ____-

Paula - :love:

Loved it.

Gave me great joy to read your post. Great joy.

I mean really - I'm sure a good step for all of us is to see ourselves at goal. Some of us on this thread should just go look in a full length mirror. popcorn::;)

I'm so pleased for you. So happy and pleased. Never give up on the vision that you saw. Cause you are primed for success Paula. Really.

__________________________________________________ ___

And I got in a $19 hair cut at Aveda's hairdressing school in my old neighbourhood. Tough to get in. I always try for a cancellation. That's the only place I've gotten it cut in the last five/six years. And I haven't had my hair cut - besides by me :rolleyes1 - for at least a year or more so SCORE.

It looks great. Pleased.

__________________________________________________ ________

Kelly - that picture is Korean barbeque - doesn't make it look appetizing but it's something that rivals Indian for me. It's all I ate in Japan practically. You cook it yourself right at your table.

AND WORLD CUP IS HUGE in Toronto. Toronto is the most multicultural city in the world. Overtakes NYC only - and this is only my guess - b/c Canada lets in immigrants from certain countries that the US does not.

And we really support everyone's home country so WORLD CUP is everything here. People sneak away from work. Have flags on their cars. I lived on two busy downtown streets so the honking after this or that country's win is LOUD and fun.

Have fun! :lovestruc

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
And I got in a $19 hair cut at Aveda's hairdressing school in my old neighbourhood. Tough to get in. I always try for a cancellation. That's the only place I've gotten it cut in the last five/six years. And I haven't had my hair cut - besides by me :rolleyes1 - for at least a year or more so SCORE.

It looks great. Pleased.

Awesome! We have one of those in Chapel Hill. I got my hair cut there twice, but have moved to a different school that is closer to work and cheaper (wash/cut/style for $12).

I lost my hair guy a few years back and have never really found another, plus the school people cut sparingly which I like.

I do the color myself, which I am way overdue for...

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Okay for about a month I've been wanting to write this all out. But always felt too tired to get it all down. How do I begin?

Okay, about a month ago the doctor was suspect about Jean's thyroid. It seems big.

Jean is thrilled!!!!:lmao:

Why is she thrilled? :confused3

Because Jean has gained about twenty pounds in the last year and thinks "Score. I know why now - it's my thyroid. Yeah! Celebration ensues. :dance3:

The thyroid test comes back totally normal. :rolleyes1

Back at square one.

Yes, she's 48. But she was 47 and 46 and 45 - so yes hormones but not the complete answer.

And I start thinking - hey my lowest weight was a year ago. :teacher: Hmmmm. That's strange. Wait - I gained twenty in a year too (some is already off :thumbsup2). Hmmmm.

AND IT HITS ME!!!

A year ago we closed on our condo. We lived downtown for ten years. My eighty pounds off came gradually in that time. We lived in the suburbs while we waited for this house.

Our eating hasn't changed - no better or worse. Our exercise hasn't changed - we both still "work out".

IT'S NATURAL EVERY SINGLE DAY exercise over and over. IT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always come on here and told you how I love downtown and when we couldn't find a place for us there we chose a town thinking we would destination walk - we rarely do. So it's not like I didn't know what we were losing but I had no clue how absolutely paramount this is to maintaining weight.

Our last condo was a city block. So see if you can follow - elevators were in the middle of the building - our unit was right at the front of the building. So every single time we went up OR down - one block of walking. Do you know how many times you enter and exit your residence?

We walked everywhere. To bball games. To the water. To some appointments. To grocery shop. Lugging the groceries home (weights).

To the subway and back. Numerous times to work and fun. Etc.

So Jean starts walking in town in addition to her regular routine. Which is huge because she was never in love with walking everywhere like me.

Me - not as much on adding more -I've always been a big walker but only enjoy it as a destination thing. Not exercise timed.

And she's smaller already.

And you can see it - already.

And I remembered the year I lost tons in university I moved off campus up a hill and rarely took the bus home. Walked.

To be continued.......

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
So on my birthday I had a workout day that had to be light cardio - I had done heavy intervals the day before so it was beautiful - I decided on walking instead of using the hotel's gym.

I wanted to be out for at least an hour.

After a little bit I asked Jean how lond we had been. She said 35 minutes.

IT FELT LIKE FIVE MINUTES!!!

So that's the joy of downtown walking - you are so immersed it seemed like nothing.

The next day we had things to do. Jean had to go the Raptors' store. We had to see a new condo area. Then down to the Harbourfront. Then to a certain restaurant. It wasn't an exercise moment and I realized that we were walking for hours - joyfully.

So when I went to my appointments on Friday and Monday I really watched. Got off the train. Up the stairs :thumbsup2. Over to the subway. Five minute walk. Down two sets of stairs to the platform. Off the subway. Transfer to another line. Escalator's packed. Up the stairs to the other line. Off the subway. Up the stairs. Over to the hospital. Many blocks inside the hospitial - from getting admission cards over to this department - over to the hospital across the street and back.

Don't want to pay for another subway. Walk to downtown shopping area. Decide no - want to see movie - walk to my old neighbourhood.

It has to be miles and miles and miles with no thought of exercise.

NOw of course - no one's moving downtown on this thread!!!! :lmao:

BUT little things matter. Like parking far away. Like destination walking. Like taking the stairs to work. Like biking places - Look at Ronda. We had a friend who was fit but the next summer looked LEAN. He told us no changes at all - still worked out and ate the same - he just decided to bike to work.

Even garage door openers and TV converters and children - or me :rotfl:- on computers -have changed us all.

I gained quickly when I moved out of downtown. I swear by the time I met Liz in NYC I was already up near;y twenty in mere months. Yes, I struggled eating and cooking and exercising in others' houses until this place was ready but not twenty pounds worth and Jean not so much and she a - an athlete - has gained the same.

Look at Europe. Everything is walking up stairs and walking to destinations.

You do not see overweight people downtown. You do not. Big sign.

I'm shocked to see how quickly this has impacted both Jean and I.

Okay, I'm finished. :goodvibes

Oh one more thing. Watch summer clothes carefully if you're not on scale. I wore these capris all the time that stretched with me last summer. And I was like I'm not gaining - these are stil loose. :sad2:

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Awesome! We have one of those in Chapel Hill. I got my hair cut there twice, but have moved to a different school that is closer to work and cheaper (wash/cut/style for $12).

I lost my hair guy a few years back and have never really found another, plus the school people cut sparingly which I like.

I do the color myself, which I am way overdue for...

Twelve. That's fantastic. It's not the same as twelve at a discount place either. They are meticulous with what they are doing.

I'm smiling. Kat, I just told someone why I love hairdressing schools today. I tried to explain that they clean it up well without feeling like they have to create a whole radically new haircut. Sometimes those who have been in the business are more about their own ego then what the customer needs and desires.

My cut is very "clean" although I was in the beginner level area. And I had just layered it myself about a month ago - and very uneven for her to deal with.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6411-1.jpg

And it will NEVER look like this again. :lmao: Ie. I'm not going to straighten it with an iron. Far too lazy.

And your hair always looks fabulous. What colour are you going to do? Me too. I'm way overdue. My colour is scaring me - as in I think it's going to be pulled soon - discontinued and L'oreal keeps changing the colours even though they say same colour new box. ummm, not it's not L'oreal. Even same box - same picture can be different in the US and Canada.

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
You are welcome anytime. :goodvibes

You better watch your words Kat. :laughing: :lovestruc

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Twelve. That's fantastic. It's not the same as twelve at a discount place either. They are meticulous with what they are doing.

I'm smiling. Kat, I just told someone why I love hairdressing schools today. I tried to explain that they clean it up well without feeling like they have to create a whole radically new haircut. Sometimes those who have been in the business are more about their own ego then what the customer needs and desires.

My cut is very "clean" although I was in the beginner level area. And I had just layered it myself about a month ago - and very uneven for her to deal with.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/lisaviolet/100_6411-1.jpg

And it will NEVER look like this again. :lmao: Ie. I'm not going to straighten it with an iron. Far too lazy.

And your hair always looks fabulous. What colour are you going to do? Me too. I'm way overdue. My colour is scaring me - as in I think it's going to be pulled soon - discontinued and L'oreal keeps changing the colours even though they say same colour new box. ummm, not it's not L'oreal. Even same box - same picture can be different in the US and Canada.

I LOVE the cut!! Love the color, too.

I do my color with mix-your-own from Sally's Beauty. Like I buy the developer in a big bottle and the little bottle of color and only mix enough for my roots. I still have to do the colorfix once in a while, too, due to the unfortunate jet black of last year.

I think it's 5RC? It's Sally's brand. The developer is like $3/bottle and so is the little bottle of color, and it's lasted for over a year. I bought a large box of gloves, a mixing bowl, and an angled color brush to apply to roots.

I also have a highlighter kit in there that I keep threatening to use, but haven't had the courage yet. :laughing:

Thanks for the hair comments... I wish it always looked fabulous but it doesn't, usually. I am letting it grow as long as I can stand, right now, just for fun. :)

AKASnowWhite
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I would know nothing about record-setting WW points days :rolleyes1

:laughing: You know I was thinking about you when I wrote that! :laughing:

So, is the World Cup a big deal over there for you guys or not so much?

oy. World Cup Soccer. Stephen plays soccer, so he's into it. But Seths girlfriend and her family?? Rabid. Completely rabid. Her dad is German but schooled in England. Insanely rabid soccer fans.

A grocery store has some yummy packaged salads that have mixed lettuces (greens and reds) with craisins, walnuts and Gorgonzola. Yummy.

Make it goat cheese instead of gorgonzola and I'm in! :goodvibes

Chopped NC-style pork BBQ, chicken, slaw, baked bean, etc. I looked at it and passed.

Awesome Kat! Good thing you had packed your lunch! Otherwise that may have been very difficult to pass up.

And I got in a $19 hair cut at Aveda's hairdressing school in my old neighbourhood.

You know, I was going to hassle you about a picture. I should have known that you would beat me to it! ;)

And. I'm so very, very happy for your TR (test report that is!). Relieved. And happy. I'm so glad it went well, and with less anxiety. Now what's next? A bunch of waiting?

IT'S NATURAL EVERY SINGLE DAY exercise over and over. IT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD! To all of it!

Oh one more thing. Watch summer clothes carefully if you're not on scale. I wore these capris all the time that stretched with me last summer. And I was like I'm not gaining - these are stil loose. :sad2:

oooh, yes. I told Stephen just yesterday that spandex was not my friend. It was an evil liar. :headache:

AKASnowWhite
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Soccer World Cup. gah. It's started. The "pre game" show is on....<sigh>

adsrtw
06-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Cute cut Lisa. I love going to hair schools.

Rained on during the tourney. I feel gross even though I showered.

adsrtw
06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Nancy, you are talking my language. I love goat cheese. Well, almost any cheese for that matter.:lovestruc

HockeyKat
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Count me in on cheese. Could eat my weight in the stuff, and LOVE goat cheese. Mmm.

Okay, food for today:
B: 6 oz GreatValue Blueberry yogurt (80) mixed with 1/4 cup trader joe's fiber cereal (30), coffee
L: Turkey(50) on a Joseph's Pita (60) with lettuce and onion, salad w/ 1 tbsp light three cheese ranch (50), strawberries (40), coke zero
S: 1/2 special k cereal bar (45), hershey special dark w/ peanuts miniature (40)
S: 1 bag ff popcorn (200)
D: 3 smoked salmon/spinach crepes (210), 2 buffalo wings (40), mashed cauliflower (100), artichoke (60) 1 tbsp light butter, melted (50), caf-free dt dr pepper

Total for today, 1065 (although I might eat a sf pudding)
Exercise, 3.6 miles (3 miles in 37 mi), 75 crunches on the darn dirty ball - 2nd short run done, goal complete for this week
Water, 80 oz

poppinspal
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
What a nice smile you HAD before the game. :lmao::rotfl:

I AM SO JEALOUS. Is your friend rich? Are you? :rotfl: Or is she/he well hooked up?

Let me extend my sincere apologies about what is going to happen tonight. popcorn::

AND how cute are you, Megan? :lovestruc

And small.

ANd even better - strong!

AND you my dear will always look young. Thick hair. Gift not to age. A face can age but thick hair always makes one look young regardless. Me - baby fine.

Well let me first say... Boston teams, they like to draw out the drama. Example... Red Sox go down three games vs the Yankees then come back to not only beat them but to break the curse of the Bambino. We like to leave the winning to the last possible game.

But thank you for making my day! You are so sweet. I do have thick hair, thick crazy hair. I didn't realize till recently I look so much younger then I am. Twice people have told me they think I'm 21, I'm really 28. Who knew I looked so young.

I love your new haircut though! I'm also in envy of your color, it's so beautiful. I love it!

All this talk about dying hair and me looking so young... my hair is in desperate need of a touch up. Have I mentioned I went completely grey by the age of 18? Yes, I go every three weeks to get it done. I've never thought about going to a hair school, if they color it do they keep track of what they do? I'm curious.

adsrtw
06-10-2010, 09:48 PM
the one I go to tracks everything. I get highlights frequently.

poppinspal
06-10-2010, 10:45 PM
So I couldn't decide if I should post this or not but I have decided I will.

I have to say I have a wonderful extended family, they are what I'd call good people. One of my cousins is in his mid thirties and he has one childhood friend who we have really all gotten to know. He, his wife and daughter come to family parties we have, they have been around for many events and I think we've all really gotten used to having them around for family events. It's just like my family to take our friends in like they are part of their family. I am thankful we are like this because the wife was just an amazing woman. (She passed away last night.)

About two years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and it had spread. They have tried many things to help her. When the usual routes didn't help they tried new methods that were in the testing phase, they way she saw it was it wasn't going to make her worse. Unfortunately it had spread so much and about a month or so ago she was admitted to the hospital because she was in such poor health. When the doctors said there was nothing left they could do, they set up a room for her in her house so that she could be comfortable and at home till she passed. At the start of the week the doctors gave her about two weeks, last night she passed away.

She was about 36, her daughter is 5. I have to say that I do feel so lucky to have gotten to know her, she was a strong person, she has a strength I can't even begin to understand. She has spent the last year trying to experience everything she could with her husband and daughter. She has a friend who trains dolphins in Florida and got the family in to swim with the dolphins. They spent time in Disney. My brother got ice time from the hockey team he works for so that her family could all go ice skating. (She came when our family did this and wanted to do it with hers.) She continued to come to parties that our family had even when she was so tired she could barely get off the couch. And every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and she wanted to hear about me. She was one of those genuinely nice people who just enjoyed life. She fought till the end and she stayed strong till the end. I know my cousin and his wife were up to see her on Tuesday.

I guess I'm sharing this story because it was a good reminder to me that life is so short and no matter what troubles I'm having there are people out there dealing with so much worse. She was also a good reminder that there are truly good people in the world still.

I know people are going to feel the need to say sorry but please don't. I was lucky to have the chance to get to know her and any thoughts or prayers should be with her young daughter and her husband. (Who is also an amazing guy who has also been very strong throughout this all.)

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Well let me first say... Boston teams, they like to draw out the drama. Example... Red Sox go down three games vs the Yankees then come back to not only beat them but to break the curse of the Bambino. We like to leave the winning to the last possible game.

But thank you for making my day! You are so sweet. I do have thick hair, thick crazy hair. I didn't realize till recently I look so much younger then I am. Twice people have told me they think I'm 21, I'm really 28. Who knew I looked so young.

I love your new haircut though! I'm also in envy of your color, it's so beautiful. I love it!

All this talk about dying hair and me looking so young... my hair is in desperate need of a touch up. Have I mentioned I went completely grey by the age of 18? Yes, I go every three weeks to get it done. I've never thought about going to a hair school, if they color it do they keep track of what they do? I'm curious.

the one I go to tracks everything. I get highlights frequently.

Well I was about to answer your question but just realized Amiee did. Whoops.

It's actually easier to get a colour booking at my school.

Hi Amiee. Any interesting men, Amiee?

As for my hair colour - well it's forever changing b/c I have such fine hair. It changes with certain shampoos and sun and wear and tear. I just redid it tonight. It will probably end up too red when I wash it. The picture didn't show my roots and the picture looks better than the actual colour. Okay, I'm rambling. Those gosh darn Celtics just let their nutso bench take the game. :laughing:

Megan, trust me - gone grey or not - you're going to LOVE your hair as you get older. Very envious.

So I couldn't decide if I should post this or not but I have decided I will.

I have to say I have a wonderful extended family, they are what I'd call good people. One of my cousins is in his mid thirties and he has one childhood friend who we have really all gotten to know. He, his wife and daughter come to family parties we have, they have been around for many events and I think we've all really gotten used to having them around for family events. It's just like my family to take our friends in like they are part of their family. I am thankful we are like this because the wife was just an amazing woman. (She passed away last night.)

About two years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and it had spread. They have tried many things to help her. When the usual routes didn't help they tried new methods that were in the testing phase, they way she saw it was it wasn't going to make her worse. Unfortunately it had spread so much and about a month or so ago she was admitted to the hospital because she was in such poor health. When the doctors said there was nothing left they could do, they set up a room for her in her house so that she could be comfortable and at home till she passed. At the start of the week the doctors gave her about two weeks, last night she passed away.

She was about 36, her daughter is 5. I have to say that I do feel so lucky to have gotten to know her, she was a strong person, she has a strength I can't even begin to understand. She has spent the last year trying to experience everything she could with her husband and daughter. She has a friend who trains dolphins in Florida and got the family in to swim with the dolphins. They spent time in Disney. My brother got ice time from the hockey team he works for so that her family could all go ice skating. (She came when our family did this and wanted to do it with hers.) She continued to come to parties that our family had even when she was so tired she could barely get off the couch. And every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and she wanted to hear about me. She was one of those genuinely nice people who just enjoyed life. She fought till the end and she stayed strong till the end. I know my cousin and his wife were up to see her on Tuesday.

I guess I'm sharing this story because it was a good reminder to me that life is so short and no matter what troubles I'm having there are people out there dealing with so much worse. She was also a good reminder that there are truly good people in the world still.

I know people are going to feel the need to say sorry but please don't. I was lucky to have the chance to get to know her and any thoughts or prayers should be with her young daughter and her husband. (Who is also an amazing guy who has also been very strong throughout this all.)

Megan - sighing - I am going against you.

I am sorry. You can feel grateful to have someone in your life and ...........(no need to finish that thought).

I would not be like her. Wow. What a life. What strength.

:hug: to you.

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Just in case anyone did not hear Nancy and I - watch summer clothes and watch spandex. :lmao:

Nancy - I have to wait for a couple of weeks. That day is a huge renal test. Like hours. And then a teaching seminar. And then a psych session to see if I'm crazy or not!!!! :lmao:;) Let's all pray.

And then I have only the doctor's wishes (possible mammogram or any odds and ends like that - they need to know that you are healthy from head to toe) and the blood testing WITH Nathan. Which is SO strange. I had the co-testing probably in the first round with T. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Seems like a waste of time and money to wait so long if something goes wrong there. But oh well. Patience for things I have no control over.

So Nancy - you love soccer/football (for Kelly :lovestruc)? Yes? I LOVE it live. Not as much on TV.

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I LOVE the cut!! Love the color, too.

I do my color with mix-your-own from Sally's Beauty. Like I buy the developer in a big bottle and the little bottle of color and only mix enough for my roots. I still have to do the colorfix once in a while, too, due to the unfortunate jet black of last year.

I think it's 5RC? It's Sally's brand. The developer is like $3/bottle and so is the little bottle of color, and it's lasted for over a year. I bought a large box of gloves, a mixing bowl, and an angled color brush to apply to roots.

I also have a highlighter kit in there that I keep threatening to use, but haven't had the courage yet. :laughing:

Thanks for the hair comments... I wish it always looked fabulous but it doesn't, usually. I am letting it grow as long as I can stand, right now, just for fun. :)

I just caught your edit. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Kat, so I just buy the colour like 7.0 or 7.3 or such and mix like you do with boxes?

How the he!! do you do your own colour fix? YOu're killing me Kat. :laughing:

With a colour remover? Or reworking the tone. A toner?

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Erika? :3dglasses

lisaviolet
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
For crying outloud - I came on this morning for this and forgot over and over.....

Thursday. Thighs - smaller. Miniscule amount. :lmao: Like one millionth of an inch. I thought I had a half an inch but then I said, "umm Lisa - you're holding that tape very tightly". :goodvibes

AKASnowWhite
06-11-2010, 07:04 AM
75 crunches on the darn dirty ball

:rotfl2:

That was really nice Meg.:hug: Thanks for sharing.

And then a psych session to see if I'm crazy or not!!!! :lmao:;) Let's all pray.

ummm...shouldn't they have done that first? :rolleyes1

So Nancy - you love soccer/football (for Kelly :lovestruc)? Yes? I LOVE it live. Not as much on TV.

No, I didn't say *I* love soccer. No. It's Stephen. And Seth's GF. OMG it was hilarious! Last night Seth says "thank GOD the World Cup starts tomorrow. She'll be busy watching and I just might get a moment of peace and quiet! " :rotfl2:

Way too much to do, far to little time to do it in. I've been very good all week about tracking, drinking my water & completely avoiding alcohol. :thumbsup2 The weekend will bring it's challenges, but I'm feeling good and ready to take them on! :goodvibes

HockeyKat
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I just caught your edit. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Kat, so I just buy the colour like 7.0 or 7.3 or such and mix like you do with boxes?

How the he!! do you do your own colour fix? YOu're killing me Kat. :laughing:

With a colour remover? Or reworking the tone. A toner?

I'm glad you caught it! :goodvibes

Yup! It's a 1:1 mix so really easy to do. Buy either 20 or 30 developer, and I have found the liquid color works better than the creme as the developer is sort of thick. So much cheaper, too, and esp if you only do roots like I do and wind up with half a box leftover.

ColorFix. This is what I use: http://www.sallybeauty.com/color-remover/SBS-342350,default,pd.html

It's pretty gentle on your hair, much better than a bleacher or stripper. I don't use the step 3 part as I read it works better without. However, coloring over it, definitely do a strand test as it's not the same as coloring over uncolored or precolored hair.

Meg... wow. :hug: to you and to the family.

So sore today. So glad hot tub is back in commission tonight (was down for draining/filter replacement/clean/fill).

Oh and Nancy? Darn is not the word I usually use. :laughing:

cantwaitvaca09
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi All, I have missed alot of posts.

Busy weekend with the in laws, I will check in again on Sunday.

But I did run today, first time all week:cool1:

Have a great weekend all

And Lisa, you are beautiful! Love your picture

poppinspal
06-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Well I was about to answer your question but just realized Amiee did. Whoops.

It's actually easier to get a colour booking at my school.

As for my hair colour - well it's forever changing b/c I have such fine hair. It changes with certain shampoos and sun and wear and tear. I just redid it tonight. It will probably end up too red when I wash it. The picture didn't show my roots and the picture looks better than the actual colour. Okay, I'm rambling. Those gosh darn Celtics just let their nutso bench take the game. :laughing:

Megan, trust me - gone grey or not - you're going to LOVE your hair as you get older. Very envious.

I never thought of trying a school. I pay $60 every three weeks just to keep my roots covered so it would be nice to do it for less. I definitely understand the sun and things wearing on your hair color. The one thing I have to say is I used a shampoo that is for color treated hair and that does help a bit.

But I do love my hair when it's not grey. I won't lie I love when my hair is done nice.

Sorry about the basketball game last night, I did warn you that Boston teams have a tendency towards dramatic playoffs.

poppinspal
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Kat- I'm so impressed that you do your own hair! My mom learned to wax my eyebrows and lip but I'm not sure I could take the plunge into mixing my own hair color.

Jo- Hope the weekend with the in laws is a good one.

Lisa- Smaller thighs are still smaller thighs! Good work! :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Lots of taking it easy, working out and then Sunday going to a Red Sox game with my mom, aunt, sister and cousin. Just trying to enjoy life and the beautiful weather.

HockeyKat
06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Meg, I started going gray early as well, at about 17. I am not completely gray but close.

I have been doing my own color off and on since college. Sometimes I experiment (like the jet black) and it doesn't work so well, but most of the time I am pretty happy with it.

TMI, but... thankfully no wax has ever touched this body. I am very pale and don't have much body hair, and what I do have is fine and blonde in most places (arms, upper legs, etc.). Even my lower legs grow in fine, if darker.

Okay, food for today:
B: nothing (oops) but coffee
L: Turkey wrap on joseph's pita (110), strawberries (40), sf jello pudding (60)
D: 2 tilapia fillets (200) baked with chipotle seasoning, sliced onions/peppers, chopped cilantro, squeeze of lime, made into fish tacos with 3 corn tortillas (135) and thin sliced avocado (40) and some shredded cheddar (50), side dish of 1/2 cup black beans (110) with 1/4 cup corn (30), diced onions/zucchini/green pepper/jalapeno, chopped cilantro.

Total, 975. Will likely have at least one bud select 55 and maybe a sf pudding
Exercise, none (rest day)
Water, 64 oz so far (planning another 32 oz)

adsrtw
06-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Well since Lisa called me out -

Yes. And now I'm going to go to some of the trip planning boards before giving details.:rotfl2:

lisaviolet
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
[B]You know, I was going to hassle you about a picture. I should have known that you would beat me to it! ;)

]

So efin' funny Nancy.

After I typed the hair info I said well I better go take a picture - and then I went: oh wait Cutie's not on here anymore - oh Nancy will want one and ask gosh darn it. :lmao::rotfl:

Plus I must document how my hair will never look again. :laughing:

And by the way - once you talked about a new cut or colour and I NEVER got a picture when I asked. So not fair Nancy. :surfweb:

[COLOR="Navy"]Soccer World Cup. gah. It's started. The "pre game" show is on....<sigh>

My God - what was I smokin' last night to ask if you LOVED it. Gah and sigh passed me by. :lmao:

Hi All, I have missed alot of posts.

Busy weekend with the in laws, I will check in again on Sunday.

But I did run today, first time all week:cool1:

Have a great weekend all

And Lisa, you are beautiful! Love your picture

Thanks Jo. It's wavy now - I went to straighten and got lazy halfway through....

These straightening women - oh boy - patience and mine's easy to do in comparison - it's not curly curly just wavy and noit thick. I CAN NOT imagine.

Good on the bold Jo. Enjoy your weekend. It's supposed to rain here all weekend. I shouldn't complain - we've been very lucky.

I never thought of trying a school. I pay $60 every three weeks just to keep my roots covered so it would be nice to do it for less. I definitely understand the sun and things wearing on your hair color. The one thing I have to say is I used a shampoo that is for color treated hair and that does help a bit.

But I do love my hair when it's not grey. I won't lie I love when my hair is done nice.

Sorry about the basketball game last night, I did warn you that Boston teams have a tendency towards dramatic playoffs.

You should do a school for sure. Loads of time if they are beginners but in mine you're treated like a friggin' queen. My hair was $19 - the next level is near $30 I believe. Colour would be relative.

It's okay. Sooner of later the goons will fall. (Adore Rondo and Garnett (more in Minnesota than Boston - it seems to me his play is dirtier in Boston ) - used to LOVE Ray before his homophobic nonsense which I find absolutely hysterical after eyeing his mother. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Robinson and Wallace will bring crazy to the table any moment and that will be their downfall. I ADORE cocky. Just not stupid cocky - not attractive.

I hate to say this as a woman but I love Kobe. Just love him. Love his ways. Love his play. Love his professionalism. Love his drive. Love his killer instinct. Love his face. Love his body. I know - I know. It KILLS me to love him.

Kat- I'm so impressed that you do your own hair! My mom learned to wax my eyebrows and lip but I'm not sure I could take the plunge into mixing my own hair color.

Jo- Hope the weekend with the in laws is a good one.

Lisa- Smaller thighs are still smaller thighs! Good work! :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Lots of taking it easy, working out and then Sunday going to a Red Sox game with my mom, aunt, sister and cousin. Just trying to enjoy life and the beautiful weather.

Nice Megan. Enjoy. :goodvibes

Meg, I started going gray early as well, at about 17. I am not completely gray but close.

I have been doing my own color off and on since college. Sometimes I experiment (like the jet black) and it doesn't work so well, but most of the time I am pretty happy with it.

TMI, but... thankfully no wax has ever touched this body. I am very pale and don't have much body hair, and what I do have is fine and blonde in most places (arms, upper legs, etc.). Even my lower legs grow in fine, if darker.

Okay, food for today:
B: nothing (oops) but coffee
L: Turkey wrap on joseph's pita (110), strawberries (40), sf jello pudding (60)
D: 2 tilapia fillets (200) baked with chipotle seasoning, sliced onions/peppers, chopped cilantro, squeeze of lime, made into fish tacos with 3 corn tortillas (135) and thin sliced avocado (40) and some shredded cheddar (50), side dish of 1/2 cup black beans (110) with 1/4 cup corn (30), diced onions/zucchini/green pepper/jalapeno, chopped cilantro.

Total, 975. Will likely have at least one bud select 55 and maybe a sf pudding
Exercise, none (rest day)
Water, 64 oz so far (planning another 32 oz)

So I have a question. Are you naturally lighter than you dye your hair Kat?

And thanks for the Sally's tutorial - would totally save doing roots for sure.

Well since Lisa called me out -

Yes. And now I'm going to go to some of the trip planning boards before giving details.:rotfl2:

Listen you little wench.....:lmao::rotfl::lmao::lovestruc

HockeyKat
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
So I have a question. Are you naturally lighter than you dye your hair Kat?

And thanks for the Sally's tutorial - would totally save doing roots for sure.

I am naturally darker than what I dye my hair. Well, I was before I was gray anyhow. My natural is a dark brown.

Oh, and I am in the wavy fine hair, but lots of it, group. I have to straighten to get the look I want. Wet-to-straight is my friend... dry it to damp and then straighten. I don't bother in NC in the summer though, turns right to bride of frankenstein as soon as I go outdoors.

adsrtw
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
You know I love doing that, lol. He's awesome. Don't get to see him as much as I would like, but I'm glad I have unlimited texts.:lovestruc

cathie1327
06-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Hi ladies

My goals...stunk today. I brought my lunch. That was it. I only managed to drink HALF a bottle of water during the day today...I don't know if it was that today was super stressful or busy, or what my deal was.

Oh well. Owning it. Moving on. Tomorrow is another day!!! (it's a great big beautiful tomorrow...hum hum hum hummmmm....)

Working tonight on a birthday cake for a friend and her friend tomorrow. SUPER excited about this one. I have been terrified of fondant covered cakes ever since I started my business. Seemed like too much work, too complicated. BUT. This cake-required it. Time to face my fears!

SO. Since I think store bought fondant is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G, I found a good recipe for homemade fondant out of marshmallows. Omigosh, it's amazing. So easy to work with and yummy too. I am so dang excited about this cake, I can't wait to show you guys pictures when it's all complete. It's definitely one of my most creative cakes to date. Fondant figures, cake sculpting, etc. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! The figures are done and they are already much much better than anything I've ever done, IMHO.

Sorry to toot my own horn. But my successes are far and few in between lately, and so this is HUGE for me :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!

I'll try to be on sometime Sunday but may not be back around until Monday.

AKASnowWhite
06-12-2010, 07:17 AM
I hate to say this as a woman but I love Kobe. Just love him. Love his ways. Love his play. Love his professionalism. Love his drive. Love his killer instinct. Love his face. Love his body. I know - I know. It KILLS me to love him.

Yeah, Kobe loves all those things about himself too :rolleyes1

U.S. vs England. Guess what's happening in MY house this afternoon :confused3

My goals...stunk today.

I had a tough day yesterday as well. Mostly it was because I had no dinner plan. So finally we went out, and were eating at 9:00 last night. Again. I do so much better when we have a more *normal* dinner time, but our lives are so hectic it's really hard to do that these days.

(it's a great big beautiful tomorrow...hum hum hum hummmmm....)

:rotfl2: Anyone remember that lady who was singing that so loudly?

Working tonight on a birthday cake for a friend and her friend tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 07:40 AM
It is 7:30. I'm at the tourney. 75% humidity and it is 80 already. It bites. Thunderstorms on the way.

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 07:45 AM
All this talk about Kobe makes me think about Reggie Miller. Still love him. Oh and did I ever share that I met Larry Byrd? Class act. He was still playing for the Celtics. :wizard:

Ronda93
06-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Just here to gripe about the weather. Left the house at 6:00 a.m. for a six mile run. It was 77*. Humidity is awful. What kind of coffee shop isn't open by 6:30!? I was low on water and they are my usual stop. Found a couple of city fountains. Very glad to get back home. But, got my run in.

DGF and I fly later today. Going to Fort Pierce (south of VB) for some treasure hunting and beaching. Storms are approaching here, too. Hurry and go by. I need to make a connection in Charlotte.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll try to get some pics up.

Ronda

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Coffee shops should be required to open by 6am, lol. Love Ft. Pierce. Lots of shells on the beach, but I just adore the Atlantic side. Amelia Island is my favorite though. Have fun!

AKASnowWhite
06-12-2010, 08:21 AM
someone is going to get hurt. I am so not kidding.

World Cup Soccer. Korea vs Greece. The horns/noisemaker thingies that are bieng used by the friggin' crowd sound like an enormous mosquito. It.is.driving.me.insane. :crazy2:

I can feel an unfortunate loss of cable service in my near future :rolleyes1

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Need some wire cutters Nancy?

Tried to TM jog, but I'm still a little still. Walking is fine. I wish I had a pool that I could jog in.

AKASnowWhite
06-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Apparently those noise makers are banned in a number of European stadiums. (according to our resident expert :laughing:).

Making cakes. yum. and yikes. Tomorrow is Seth's birthday, so it's kind of obligiatory yah know?

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm loving the expert opinions. What kind of cake Nancy? I have no appetite, so I'm living vicariously.

AKASnowWhite
06-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Velvet Elvis.

2 layers of banana cake, 2 layers of dark chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream frosting & peanutbutter cream cheese frosting.

We affectionately call it "gluttony by the fork full".

Please don't ask for the recipe - it's one I honestly cannot share. Trade secrets and all :rolleyes1

AKASnowWhite
06-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Just here to gripe about the weather. Left the house at 6:00 a.m. for a six mile run. It was 77*. Humidity is awful.

Running in high humidity KILLS me. The older I get, the more severely my body reacts to humidity. I retain water like nobodies business. I drink, and drink to try to flush my system and it all stays with me :headache:

Have a great trip Ronda! Hope the weather holds out and your travels are uneventful!

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
OMG it's chunky monkey cake! I can come up with something similar (when it's freezing outside). I know it won't be exactly the same, but it totally respect trade secrets. I'm bound by secrecy for two recipes (grandma will come back to haunt me on a couple).

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Umps are changing rules as they go. I will be so glad when we are out of this league.

DisneyGalUK
06-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick fly-by to say 1.5 hours till kick off! :cool1:

Nancy - The horns are SO annoying! They sound like a swarm of wasps! They are banned in most stadiums over here, along with flags that are on flag poles! Also, some stadiums ban the England Band from going in with their instruments (A drum and some trumpets I think! :lmao:)

So excited for kick off!

Hope everyone has a great day :upsidedow

HockeyKat
06-12-2010, 12:45 PM
It is 7:30. I'm at the tourney. 75% humidity and it is 80 already. It bites. Thunderstorms on the way.

Just here to gripe about the weather. Left the house at 6:00 a.m. for a six mile run. It was 77*. Humidity is awful. What kind of coffee shop isn't open by 6:30!? I was low on water and they are my usual stop. Found a couple of city fountains. Very glad to get back home. But, got my run in.

Running in high humidity KILLS me. The older I get, the more severely my body reacts to humidity. I retain water like nobodies business. I drink, and drink to try to flush my system and it all stays with me :headache:

Come join me for a run in NC. :laughing: It was only about 82 when I pulled into the parking lot at 6:45AM, and at least the humidity was better this week than last week (65% today vs. like 85% last week). High today is 94, 96 by Monday.

We were supposed to do 5 miles but it was more like 6. Shady greenway, at least.

I hung out for a while after and got to know a few more of the group, which was nice. However, a 13-pacer friend, and the 13-pace group leader, talked me into trying the 12-pace group next week.

Then, I am just crazy enough, that I went and did Pilates.

Home now, showered, and getting ready to eat lunch. :)

poppinspal
06-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Getting really excited for this game. Have I mentioned I adore soccer? Played most of my life.

Go USA!

Sorry Kelly, hoping our boys pull off an upset here.

DisneyGalUK
06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Go USA!

Sorry Kelly, hoping our boys pull off an upset here.

Meg I would expect nothing less! You have to support your country!

Well, the game did not finish as I hoped - bad howler from our goalkeeper, but I really enjoyed the game!

Can't wait till Friday for the next England game - theres only about 9 games inbetween to keep me occupied!

adsrtw
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Pedi, just sayin.

HockeyKat
06-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Okay, food for today:

B: 1/2 special K dark chocolate raspberry bfast bar (45), coffee
2nd B (after run): 32 oz Powerade Zero, South Beach Protein Fit bfast bar (140)
S: South Beach water-add protein/fiber thingy (30)
L: 2 smoked salmon/spinach crepes (140), diced roasted potato (100)
S: 1/2 cup greek yogurt dip (60), 15 ff pringles (70), cut veggies (20)
D: Goat's milk brie and mushroom stuffed chicken breast (120), mashed cauliflower (100), HG onion rings (75)

Total for the day, 900 Yes, low, but plan on drinking some Bud Select 55s. :)
Exercise, 6 mile walk/run at 1:1 intervals, 1 hour Pilates, long run goal complete for the week
Water, 64 oz+ (not including 32 oz powerade)

So, goals for the week:
Runs: 1 long run, 2 short runs - complete
Cross-train: 2 days, 1 hockey, 1 zumba - complete
Water: 64 oz every day - complete
Tracking/Calories(track and stay under 1200 6 days) - complete, did 7

Oh, and even added core, with ball crunches 2 days, and pilates 1 day. :)

I think I might do swimming as x training this week? Anyone have good goggle recommendations? Mine suck.

3DisneyKids
06-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Pedi, just sayin.

Awesome.

Ok so I am a huge loser. Sorry! I know. I am supposed to be in charge of the challenge and I haven't posted in three days! At the lake house tonight and will be back home Sunday night for a proper post. Keep working on those goals!!

goofyfan-12
06-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Goals? What are those?

Yup, it has been that kind of week where I haven't really been eating my JC food. All sorts of different reasons why (schedule, lack of interest, etc). It is a new day so I will focus on mindful eating today since I am heading to our church's lady parish function before we close in a few weeks. It is a BBQ so I will have to be on my A game.

Exercise is good though. I spent an hour with Jesse yesterday lifting weights and then had my first training session with TNT. We were on spin bikes going over the basics of form and such but it was a great way to learn how to get the most out of my spin session for my training.

I am reading everyone's posts. Living the hair coloring conversation. Mine gets colored again next week and boy do my roots need it. Good thing the curls help hide the evidence.

Make it a good day everyone!

AKASnowWhite
06-13-2010, 09:02 AM
OMG it's chunky monkey cake! .

:laughing: Love the name.

Nancy - The horns are SO annoying! They sound like a swarm of wasps! They are banned in most stadiums over here, along with flags that are on flag poles! Also, some stadiums ban the England Band from going in with their instruments (A drum and some trumpets I think! :lmao:)

After about 15 minutes of that racket, I could understand why some soccer crowds are so hostile! :eek:

So, how happy are the English soccer fans with your goalie today :scared:

I fell a little flat on my goals the past 2 days. I did drink my water, but didn't track and had a couple glasses of wine both nights. :sad2: So, not a perfect week. But definitely an improvement over what my life has been!

And the good news is, I'm down 1.5 lbs from last Sunday. :thumbsup2 A step in the right direction!

poppinspal
06-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I've been horrible with goals this week. The parents made us lunch and breakfast all this week. I tried to just nibble but it was hard. I was good about water. Won't be surprised if i'm up when I weigh in tomorrow.

I'm off to the Red Sox game with my family. I need this, I've been feeling off. I'm not sure if it's because of the wake I have to go to or just because a guy I was getting to know showed his real colors. I am turning off my phone and just enjoying.

cathie1327
06-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone.

I don't even have anything to report on goals for yesterday. I did a lot of drinking....aaaaand...WAIT! DANCING! I danced a lot at the birthday party last night. THat's got to count for something, right?! :rotfl:

Anyways, I promised you guys pictures, so here they are, as well as a couple of other cake pictures I don't think I've shown you guys yet.

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5605.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5603.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5602.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5600.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5594.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5593.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5590.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5588.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5426.jpg

cathie1327
06-13-2010, 12:04 PM
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/IMG_5211.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/cathie10130527/Cake%20pictures/Castlecake2.jpg

adsrtw
06-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I really like sunflowers. One more day of no internet and TV at home. Went to the Verizon store for a new phone cover and walked out with a netbook. It was a freebie since my plan was upgraded within the last 6 billing cycles. It is now Ryan's. Lots of rules with it and it is a chunk of his birthday in 2 months. Getting Taylor a personal DVD player for her birthday. My baby will be 6 this week.

AKASnowWhite
06-13-2010, 09:20 PM
My baby will be 6 this week.

awwwww :lovestruc

Cathie - fun cake pics. The fondant boot and hat were really cute!

So glad tomorrow is Monday. Back to a more normal routine for me. My weekends have been really throwing me off track!

adsrtw
06-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Seriously! Missing post! Grr. Here is the recap that I can remember:

Cathie - do you use any fillings?

I'm swimming thanks to all the water I am consuming. I'm so over it, but I know it is necessary. Insert kicking and screaming. My daughter announced that she wants a 3 tier cake for her birthday.

Hopefully this post saves and keeps the spacing.

HockeyKat
06-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I really like sunflowers.

Okay somehow I didn't have the pictures above when I entered this thread.

That said, I was like how random is THAT one EE?? :laughing:

Cathie, nice pics.

Nancy, yay on the loss!!

Food for today (sorry, this is boring, but I need to journal somewhere so y'all get to read this daily):
B: Coffee
L: Breakfast pizza on naan (310) - frozen TJ naan, egg beaters, reduced fat bacon, 1/4 cup part skim mozz, artichoke w/ 1/2 tbsp light butter (85), strawberries and pineapple (50)
D: Baked eggplant (40) w/ sprinkle of bread crumbs and mozz (25), smart taste pasta (180) with 1/4 cup 4 cheese sauce (50) and some diced veggies, sf boston creme pudding (60)

Total, 1000
Water, 64 oz
Exercise, hockey game - 1 day cross training

cathie1327
06-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Seriously! Missing post! Grr. Here is the recap that I can remember:

Cathie - do you use any fillings?

I'm swimming thanks to all the water I am consuming. I'm so over it, but I know it is necessary. Insert kicking and screaming. My daughter announced that she wants a 3 tier cake for her birthday.

Hopefully this post saves and keeps the spacing.

I have in the past-a couple of the cakes in my pictures did have fillings. The rest just had frosting in between layers. I make a MEAN strawberry filling :):):)

goofyfan-12
06-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Good morning everyone! It's Monday so that means a new week. Time to turn the page.

Yesterday u had two picnics to go to. That was rough food wise - ugh. Today I am off to a golf outing for work ( nice way to start a week at work). Here's hoping I hit well. Then it is off to JC and the gym followed by crashing and sleeping I'm sure. :)

make it a good one everyone!

AKASnowWhite
06-14-2010, 06:26 AM
That said, I was like how random is THAT one EE?? :laughing:

:rotfl2: Yes! That would be totally random!

Nancy, yay on the loss!!

Thanks. It's giving me a bit of momentum going into this week :goodvibes

Today I am off to a golf outing for work ( nice way to start a week at work).

That sounds like fun Paula. Kind of makes Monday not so evil :laughing:

This is the last week of school for my kids - final exams this week. Becca has 2 today, Nate has none so he gets to sleep in :cloud9: I hate finals week, and I'm not even the one taking the exams! :laughing:

3DisneyKids
06-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Morning...I am here. Barely. Catching up. Seems like that is all I am ever doing these days.

cantwaitvaca09
06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Morning All.

Busy weekend,
Went to the hotel I work for with the girls and all of DH's family for a runion weekend. DH was not there, he worked this weekend.
Had a good time with the girls, I did run Sat & Sun, not sure how far, about 30 mins, so 2-2.5 ish miles.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. !! Happy Monday

HockeyKat
06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank God for tracking my weight through here. I was a bit discouraged with the scale this AM and then went back and looked through the beginning of last week, and realized that I am down 2 lbs. Was 187.2 this AM. :)

Paula, have fun at your golf outing!

Still waking up. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

AKASnowWhite
06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
E - I empathize. I can barely keep my head above water some days. :hug: Summer is coming soon - hopefully the schedules will slow down a bit and you'll get some quality pool & lake time!

Jo - ok. wow. You deserve some kind of special award for going to your husbands family reunion without him :laughing:

Kat - :yay: on the loss!

tracking today :thumbsup2 and my water consumption is going well too!

cantwaitvaca09
06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks Nancy, it was not so bad, cuz I had to watch the girls!!,:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 If they wanted to go to the pool I had to go with them, that kept me out of the room ALOT :rotfl2:

BUT..... now they are at my house for the rest of the week.:scared1:

Kat, I love that you post what your eating, it gives me ideas and HOPE that I can stay with in points also! Great job on the 2 lbs!!

cathie1327
06-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Good morning ladies!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!!!

Yesterday was a pretty productive day, despite my hungovered-ness :rolleyes1

we got all the laundry finished, unpacked a TON, and even finished our Mickey collage puzzle we've been working on for months. Bathroom and kitchen both completely clean, and all the floors vaccumed. I was one tired cookie last night lol.

Today-brought my lunch. DETERMINED to get two bottles of water down today. No matter WHAT. I'm going to make sure to take my water bottle with me to all my meetings today; that should help. I tend to drink more water when I'm bored :rotfl:

DisneyGalUK
06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

Super quick fly-by from me - its the commercial break in the Series Finale of Glee! :rotfl2:

My goals are still going ok, I won't say wonderful because that would be kidding myself, but im getting there! How is everyone else doing?

Nancy - The media crucified our goalie! The thing with the media over here is that they are rabid. Even if we had won the headline would have been 'England win but....'

Kat - Please keep posting your food, im getting some great ideas!

Paula - How did JC go?

EE, E, Cathie, Jo, Meg, everyone - Hi!

Hope everyone is having a great day! :cool2:

HockeyKat
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Kelly, enjoy Glee!!

Man, I am tired today. Not sure why. Life suck from work, maybe.

I have to eat dinner at my desk, so although I haven't eaten dinner yet, posting food anyhow (thanks to everyone btw!!).

B: 1/2 cup tj fiber ceral (60), mini-moo + water (10), coffee
L: Stouffers Combo Meal - Roast Beef & Swiss Melt + broccoli cheddar soup (400)
S: Strawberries and Pineapple (100), 4 almond M&Ms (50)
D: Lean Cuisine Mushroom Tortelloni + added steamed chopped zucchini/onion/mushroom/eggplant (300), cottage cheese/peach/fiber double (100)

Total, 1020.
Water, 54 oz so far, will drink 32 oz at choir
Exercise, none. Exchanged tomorrow's rest day for today, sore.

AKASnowWhite
06-14-2010, 07:26 PM
BUT..... now they are at my house for the rest of the week.:scared1:

:laughing: OMG I'll pray for you :littleangel:

Yesterday was a pretty productive day, despite my hungovered-ness :rolleyes1

ouch. Clearly you are not a vampire....:headache:

Nancy - The media crucified our goalie! The thing with the media over here is that they are rabid. Even if we had won the headline would have been 'England win but....'

Yeah, I was thinking that poor guy would need extra security guards :eek:

Did you enjoy Glee? We recorded it, and I only saw part of it. I'll watch it later this week when I have time.

:rotfl2: That's funny. As if I'll have time :rotfl2:

Exercise, none. Exchanged tomorrow's rest day for today, sore.

Probably a very smart move!

I went to the gym today and had a fairly decent strength workout. Of course my smarty pants son showed up and said I wasn't doing anything "challenging enough". Bite me kid. :laughing:

Food thus far today has been good. Water good. Alcohol avoided. So I'm calling today a "win".:thumbsup2

goofyfan-12
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Godesses, we have a problem...

My golf game is officially lost! If anyone should find it please try to capture it and return it to me. There is a reward - my sanity in return. Lol... Seriously, I realized that all of this training, weight lifting, biking and such has been at the expense of my golf swing. I feel like I have to start over again. Now, just need to find the time in my already crazy schedule to work it in.

The golf outing was fun otherwise. Saw a lot of people I don't see very often so that was good. Hit a few decent shot and a lot of slices. It sure beat working that's for certain.

Look at Kelly beating Nancy to my JC results. Glee brings out the competitive streak. I am down .5. I am annoyed sine my week's hard work was blown thanks to two picnics yesterday but I played 18 holes of golf and weightlifter today so I think I am good now.

Jo - can't believe you went to DH's famy reunion without him. That must get you points somewhere right?

Cathie - carrying your water bottle with you us a great idea. You won't want to carry two bottles so it should help with the soda thing. Remember little changes add up to bug ones.

Kat - awesome news on the two pound loss!

Hope everyone is having a good one. I am off to prep my fruits and veggies for the week. I cut everything at once so that my lunches are literally throw it in ny bag and go.

poppinspal
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm just saying a quick hello. Had a funeral this morning and that on top of some other things still has me feeling down and not myself. Went to back to back workout classes tonight which was good. I'm going to bed now(early for me) and I'm going to hope I wake up tomorrow more myself and ready to get back on track with everything.

If nothing else the kids will be a good distraction tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a good start to your week.

AKASnowWhite
06-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Godesses, we have a problem...

My golf game is officially lost!

I'm no golf expert, but I would tend to think that all the changes in your body (size, shape and muscle strength) could definitely impact your swing. I wish I could help you on the finding-time thing. If you figure out the secret as to how to add a few more productive hours to the day please let me know! I need some too!

Congrats on the loss. You may wish it was bigger, but it's a loss and that's a good thing!

Had a funeral this morning and that on top of some other things still has me feeling down and not myself.

:hug: Hope you have a better day today, Meg!

Lisa - how are you ?

cantwaitvaca09
06-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Meg, sending Hugs :hug::hug:

Paula, I can not help you with your swing, I don't play golf. DH's does so I understand your frustration. I hope you find it again fast!!!!

Cathie, i have a bottle of water on my desk at all times, I take one with me as I leave the house, weather I am going to work or just going to the store, so I aways have my water with me.

So I must VENT. I am sorry if this will offend any of you.
I am a bit of a freak when it come to having things in its place. My closets or cabnits are not aways in order but, my counters are and floors are clear of stuff, even with toys, I am forever picking up toys. ANYWAY, I get home from work and DH's , and his mom, dad, aunt, uncle are all at the table playing cards. and there is so much crap on my counters I can't even see the counter. BOTH, my inside fridge and garage fridge are filled to the top with left over crap from the weeked. Come On, do we really need to eat potato salad for 5 days. We had pizza Friday night, and yes the left over pizza is in my fridge too. There is coleslaw, this salad, that salad and I don't even know what else.

So I am just going to zip my mouth and count down the days til Sunday.
I am waiting for DH to get up and call me so I can demand he take me out to dinner, Hey Grandma can watch the kids right!

Vent Over. Again, if you are a food saver I hope you are not offened by my rant. I am only ranting about my family. I don't mean this in general.

HockeyKat
06-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Hahaha!!! Jo, I shouldn't laugh, but you and my DH have SO much in common!! He is an anti-clutter person as well. It has taken me 7 years together and I still get irritated at him sometimes, but I do like the house neat, now.

Paula, sorry about the swing. I agree with Nancy that size and shape has probably played some part in this. Hope you get it back soon!

If you find that magical place with more hours, can I join? This week is nuts... choir rehearsal from 7:30-9:30PM on M-W-Th, and then tonight I have to fit in a short run (and will likely do pilates). Fri is going to be cleaning-fit night, then Sat I have 7AM run, 10AM-noon choir rehearsal, in-laws descending around noon, feed them, be back at the ampitheatre at 7PM for the concert.

Oh, and high on Sat? 93. That will be fun for both outdoor choir rehearsal, outdoor run, and outdoor concert. Whee.

Did I mention we were singing with the NC Symphony?

adsrtw
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
A quick pop in to say that it is Team Player Tuesday at work and I'm wearing my tech shirt from the Princess.

HockeyKat
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
A quick pop in to say that it is Team Player Tuesday at work and I'm wearing my tech shirt from the Princess.

I have mine packed in my gym bag today! I need more tech shirts (channels E)...

cantwaitvaca09
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM

Did I mention we were singing with the NC Symphony?

WOW, THATS AWESOME!!!!!

Sorry its going to be so hot, just think of it as an extra weight loss aid! HA HA:rotfl2:

Ronda93
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Jo, I've got your back on this one. Everything has its place. Put it there! It's hard to convince people of that sometimes.

Okay, flying through with some pics on our vacation. The vacation mascot is Hamela, Beanie Baby hamster. She takes lots of trips with us.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/vacations/IMG_1938.jpg
Ready for travel.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/vacations/DSCN0308.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/vacations/DSCN0314.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/vacations/DSCN0315.jpg
At the Navy SEAL Museum

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/ronda93/vacations/IMG_1918.jpg

Let's go to the beach. I'll sit in the shade.

cantwaitvaca09
06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks Ronda!

Love the pics, where did you go on your vaca? Sorry if you already posted that.