PDA

View Full Version : DxDP questions?

jennibug
06-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry if these questions have been asked numerous times before or if they sound silly.

First question. I have read somewhere that the the DxDP includes an appetizer. Is this correct? I know the regular DDP does not.

Second question. The kids menus seem to be a bit lacking in some restaurants. Could I order and pay for them an adult meal and not use their credit at these restaurants?

Thanks in advance!

TDC Nala
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
First question. I have read somewhere that the the DxDP includes an appetizer. Is this correct? I know the regular DDP does not.

Yes, it is true that deluxe DDP includes appetizers at table service lunch and dinner (not at breakfast, or at CS locations).

Second question. The kids menus seem to be a bit lacking in some restaurants. Could I order and pay for them an adult meal and not use their credit at these restaurants?

Yes, you can always elect to pay cash for anything. You may want to figure out how to use all those child's credits elsewhere, like for CS meals or something, though.

MrsLS
06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes it includes an app.

Yes you can order anything else you want off the menu out of pocket. We did that with an extra side once & alcoholic drinks. But if you don't plan to use their credits on another occasion, then I would still use it for their drink & if the dessert is okay, this way you would only have to pay for the entree. That is if you don't plan to use their credits elsewhere.

willowsnn3
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
If you pay OOP & have credits left you may be able to change them into more snack credits at your resort. We did this the last time we did deluxe. So on the last day we got snacks for the road. A lot of the tableservice kids meals are lacking. We are doing mostly character buffets this time & BYBBQ & HDDR. At least this way the kids have a bigger selection of foods.

gilsan
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
If you are eating at signature restaurants the kids meals are a bit better with choices like fish/salmon, steak, and chicken.

MPHARJ
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
How old are your children? I opted to pay to upgrade my sons DP this year, he is 9 will be 10 in August, after we go, however he is almost as tall as I am and is a big eater. I could not put him through eating Mac and Cheese and pizza every day again, both for lunches and dinners. He would get upset at his dessert choices too so I usually gave him mine, they usually offered a scope of ice cream or something horrible. I know at Flame Tree BBQ, we could get the frozen lemonade, don't rmember what he got but again I lost that too. I told him he will have to be adventerous this year but at least he has more options for each meal.

jennibug
06-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I opted to pay to upgrade my sons DP this year, he is 9 will be 10 in August, after we go, however he is almost as tall as I am and is a big eater.

So I can upgrade my 9-year-old's plan to an adult plan? If so that's amazing! Thank you.

Faldred
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
So I can upgrade my 9-year-old's plan to an adult plan? If so that's amazing! Thank you.

There is, of course, a significant cost difference ($51/night plus the price difference between an adult an child park ticket). It may be better to study menus and choose places with more options, including buffets, sharing part of your meals, or ordering additional food OOP rather than paying the full upgrade.

Most TS places have more than just "mac & cheese" for kids; there's quite often some kind of chicken (not nuggets) or fish (not sticks) entree, or possibly some pasta dish (not mac & cheese). The non-Disney restaurants tend to have more of these options than the Disney-owned locations.

mjp12831
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
If you have extra (from not eating breakfast or from paying oop), we did a bunch of 2 ts meals last year that were worthwhile:

CRT - nice just for the experience of eating in the castle
HBD - food was good, used with F! package
Mickey's BY BBQ - good food, good family experience - beer included
Spirit of Aloha - good food, unique/fun show
Yachtsman - best meal we had in the week on property - one of the better restaurant meals I ever had

MPHARJ
06-15-2010, 04:37 PM

Yes but you also have to pay the difference in ticket prices too, I listed him as being 10 instead of 9, he just wasn't getting enough with those kids meals nor enough options.

TDC Nala
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
The above post is correct - if you upgrade your child's age you must list the child on your reservation as 10 years old, pay the difference between the adult and child deluxe plan, and pay the difference between the adult and child park ticket because as far as Disney is concerned, that child is 10 years old.

You should consider whether it will be worth it for you to do this on the deluxe plan, as you may be able to get enough food on this plan (with three courses included at TS) to share some with the child if the children's meals are not large enough, or plan to do buffets/AYCE places where the child can eat anything they have.

willowsnn3
06-15-2010, 04:52 PM
The above post is correct - if you upgrade your child's age you must list the child on your reservation as 10 years old, pay the difference between the adult and child deluxe plan, and pay the difference between the adult and child park ticket because as far as Disney is concerned, that child is 10 years old.

You should consider whether it will be worth it for you to do this on the deluxe plan, as you may be able to get enough food on this plan (with three courses included at TS) to share some with the child if the children's meals are not large enough, or plan to do buffets/AYCE places where the child can eat anything they have.

This is what we are doing so they can have more of a selection. We always do Sci Fi tho & when I asked my grandson (age 9yr) if he wanted to go back there he said no the food wasn't that good......so after looking at the menu I think I'll let him pick what he wants from the adult menu & I'll pick what I like from the kids & we'll switch or share if swapping is not allowed. With the deluxe plan I think I won't be missing much food by doing the kids meal that time.