PDA

View Full Version : i have no idea!

caaber01
05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
We are going for the first time in late Sept. We are using the free dining plan. We upgraded to the Plus plan (one snack, one QS, one TS per day). If we can't get a reservation for a day or two - can we just use an extra QS in place of the TS a couple of days???????

I'm so confused!

Thanks!!!!!

vicki_c
05-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Generally, you cannot swap one meal type for another. However, during free dining, Disney sometimes allows things that they don't allow other times of the year. I would not go with the assumption that you can though - I would try and book meals to use your TS credits.

sharonabe
05-30-2010, 11:32 PM
There are so many TS restaurants at WDW. You can always get an ADR. You may need to be a little flexible with your times, but you can get an ADR somewhere.

My advice is to have more choices than you have credits for and prioritize them. Then call or go online and see what you can get.

MariDisney
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Just wanted to point out 2 things.

You get your credits based on NIGHTS not DAYS. So, if you are staying 5 nights you will have 5 TS, QS, and snacks per person in your party.

Secondly, I'm not sure from your post that you are aware that you can use the credits in any order you want. Let's say you don't have an ADR for Monday. You could use 2 TS on Tuesday, for example a breakfast and a dinner. On Monday you may have used 2 QS allotments. You don't actually have to use one of each every day.

squirrel
05-31-2010, 01:35 AM
You can also use some up on 2TS credit meals.

CRT, SoA, HDDR are some of the 2TS credit meals. I haven't been to SoA yet but have been to the other two. I'm going back to HDDR this year-it's really good. The gratuities are included at the shows and CRT.

brockash
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Just wanted to give you my experience. We've gone the last 2 years during Sept. and both years we were able to trade a table service credit for a counter service credit. We personally did this 3 times between those 2 years, and all 3 times we did it at our resort food court with no issues. Twice last year the person in front of us at Cosmic Ray's (counter service at MK) traded out 1 TS for a CS with no issues. Last year we also ended up trading 2 CS credits for snacks. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure we got 2 snacks and a drink in place of a CS meal. This again was at our resort.
I'm not saying this will always happen, but I just wanted to give you our experience, as it wasn't a problem for us, and really logically it's better for Disney money-wise.

CathieArms
05-31-2010, 12:51 PM
We are going for the first time in late Sept. We are using the free dining plan. We upgraded to the Plus plan (one snack, one QS, one TS per day). If we can't get a reservation for a day or two - can we just use an extra QS in place of the TS a couple of days???????

I'm so confused!

Thanks!!!!!

Apparently not. At least according to the reservations people.

gigi1313
05-31-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm so confused!

Thanks!!!!!

have you tried getting reservations yet? i have had no problem making ADRs for that time period...

the first thing you need to do is decide which park you will be visiting on which day (check calendar for hours, extra-magic hours, special events, etc) and then choose a restaurant in or near that park... then go online and attempt to make the reservation for the perfect time for your family (keeping in mind parades, fireworks, etc that you may wish to see)... and then be ready to compromise (4:40 instead of 5:30, etc)...

relax and enjoy :)

dmmichelle
05-31-2010, 03:08 PM
We have stayed at Disney twice in the past three years and each time some of our best memories in addition to the parks was our awesome TS experiences! Take some time to think about which parks you will be visiting when and make the reservations. There are sooo many wonderful choices and for our family, the TS meals really felt special because by in large the CS are mostly foods you'd have at home (for the most part) but the TS - there's your opportunity to really treat yourselves to a wonderful meal that you would probably not have otherwise ($250 for the four of us?) That would never happen at home, and it does make you feel like you're getting the most "value" for the Dining Plan.

Some of our favorites were Hoop De Doo Revue (TWO TS fyi), Biergarten in Epcot (AWESOME!!), Character Breakfast at Chef Mickeys, Mama Melrose in HS, Boma at AKL - oh my gosh - AMAZING!!! and dinner at the Coral Reef in Epcot (the food is almost secondary here...the tank and restaurant are so amazing!) We also really enjoyed Shutters at CBR and Boatwright's at POR. Next trip we definitely want to try the TS at Beach Club (forget the name but they have the clambake).

For us, as much as we loved the parks, we loved the meals almost as much. It's just a wonderful way to experience the magic in a different way, and we never had one bad meal...and what a great way to introduce the kids to different foods. Do you think my son would try a crab cake if I made it? Umm...that would be a NO!! :rolleyes1

As long as you reserve ahead of time you should have lots of choices. This is one aspect of your trip that it really pays to do your research ahead of time. There's almost limitless choices and you can have such a variety of experiences. My best advice? Really take the time to enjoy your TS meals and make them an experience for your family. Worked for us! :goodvibes

Enjoy!

Michelle:hug:

squirrel
05-31-2010, 04:48 PM
There is no point in upgrading to the DDP if you aren't going to use the TS.

You would be better off keeping the QSDP and then paying out of pocket for the few TS meals you want.

QSDP-2 snacks, 2 CS meals per person per night and a refillable mug.
DDP-1 snack, 1 CS, and 1 TS per person per night.

brockash
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
There is no point in upgrading to the DDP if you aren't going to use the TS.

You would be better off keeping the QSDP and then paying out of pocket for the few TS meals you want.

QSDP-2 snacks, 2 CS meals per person per night and a refillable mug.
DDP-1 snack, 1 CS, and 1 TS per person per night.

Not necessarily. If Op is planning on using most of her TS credits and only trading out a few of her TS for CS credits, then it's definitely not cheaper to pay OOP for that many TS meals. It's only $10/day/adult to upgrade.

sjs314
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
As someone mentioned decide what parks you will visit on what days then use the online reservation system with the new system you should have no problem finding TS places to your likeing and since it is your first visit you can choose and each one will be a "new" expierence for your family which is one of the fun things everyone visiting Disney loves doing trying out new places to eat and then on future trips returning to old favorites.

With the new system if you put in MK for example and say check off lunch it will bring up every resaurant that has available with times in the MK

canadianmommyof2
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
We has used our TS credits at CS counters in the past with no problem...in fact last Nov. we used ALL of our TS credits at CS counters because we couldn't get into any restaurants because we didn't realize we needed to make ADR...we definitely lost money by doing that but we had a really tough time trying to get into restaurants once at the park. JMO

caaber01
06-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your messages! I was able to get one TS reserved for each day but it wasn't easy. There are a lot of people in our party. We have Tusker House (but I'm not so sure the food is our type), CRT, Sci-Fi, and a Character Breakfast at Ohanas (again, unsure of the type of food). Some of the ones we'd have liked to go to were too full - even breaking our party up - and we were really, really flexible about our times! I'm sure we'll get there and learn a lot about it all. It's really hard to imagine it all unless you've been :)

THANKS AGAIN!

Tara
06-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your messages! I was able to get one TS reserved for each day but it wasn't easy. There are a lot of people in our party. We have Tusker House (but I'm not so sure the food is our type), CRT, Sci-Fi, and a Character Breakfast at Ohanas (again, unsure of the type of food). Some of the ones we'd have liked to go to were too full - even breaking our party up - and we were really, really flexible about our times! I'm sure we'll get there and learn a lot about it all. It's really hard to imagine it all unless you've been :)

THANKS AGAIN!

What type of food is "your type"? Tusker House is a buffet that features traditional American breakfast foods and a couple of African-influenced dishes. You'll see scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fruits and cheeses, pastries, etc.

'Ohana is more limited, but it's still basic stuff - eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.

squirrel
06-19-2010, 01:02 AM
You will find something at Tusker House, doesn't matter what meal it is. I am very picky and I ate breakfast and lunch there. The Jungle Juice is really good.

'Ohana breakfast has fruit, bread, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. I don't eat eggs or sausage and I found enough to eat.

caaber01
06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
OH thanks guys! You've made me feel better :) "Our Type" just means really simple. My husband won't even eat Ragu sauce because he can taste the teeniest little onions in it. Sounds like we'll be ok!