PDA

View Full Version : HELP!- Hershey Park!

ProudMommyof2
05-28-2010, 08:36 AM
We just got invited to a family reunion of sorts at the end of June. My Husband's cousin lives near Hershey so we may stay a few days.

Where should we stay? (Hershey Lodge and hotel have no rooms?)

Is 2 days at the park adequate?

What else is there to do?

Thanks for any advice- I am not used to vacation planning on the fly!

TIAMOMMA
05-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Personally, I think all of the hotels in the Hershey area are overpriced. We are going to Hershey Park this weekend but I could not justify the rates for what we were getting in return for hotels. We booked at Fulton Steamboat Inn in Lancaster. You may want to look into this area, it's 40-45 minutes away from Hershey and there are plenty of things to do and see in Lancaster.

NJMomma
05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
White Rose Motel in Hershey is reasonable and clean. Two days at the park is fine. Hershey Park is really the best show in town, so to speak. There are other things to do besides the actual parks that are Hershey run - Hershey Gardens, ChocolateWorld (has a small ride/presentation, 3D movie, can get tickets for a trolley ride). Hershey isn't too far from Lancaster, you could check that out as well. I have never checked out Harrisburg, but there are some musuems there too.

We are also going the end of June :goodvibes Have fun!

lisaross
05-28-2010, 11:07 AM
2 Days is good for Hershey

Also have the Hershey Outlets right there...

Lancaster has lots to do...as pp mentioned, about 45 minutes away..

We just got invited to a family reunion of sorts at the end of June. My Husband's cousin lives near Hershey so we may stay a few days.

Where should we stay? (Hershey Lodge and hotel have no rooms?)

Is 2 days at the park adequate?

What else is there to do?

Thanks for any advice- I am not used to vacation planning on the fly!

mmouse1239
05-28-2010, 11:39 AM
:rotfl2:this is pretty funny, but I live 45 min. from Hershey, and I visit WDW more often than I visit Hersheypark. I think the last time I visited Hersheypark was about 5 years ago. It's a nice place, but we're spoiled by wdw and it can't compare. However, kids do love it. It's clean and offers lots to do. Chocolate world is free, but you end up buying lots of chocolate, so it's not really free. Lancaster has better outlets. You could also go to a barnstormers game (minor league baseball). Staying in Lancaster would offer some other things to do.

ProudMommyof2
05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Our family lives in Mechanicsburg-about 30 mins out_ with Harrisburg in btw. Is Harrisburg a decent place to stay?

lisaross
05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
i stay i Harrisburg thats where our family is... of course i can't think of the motel we usually stay at...it use to be the best western they have lots of motels around in harrisburg...

Our family lives in Mechanicsburg-about 30 mins out_ with Harrisburg in btw. Is Harrisburg a decent place to stay?

tlh0726
05-28-2010, 03:09 PM
If you have some extra time you may want to check out the Battlefield in Gettysburg as well.

stinkerbelle's mom
05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Personally, I think all of the hotels in the Hershey area are overpriced. We are going to Hershey Park this weekend but I could not justify the rates for what we were getting in return for hotels. We booked at Fulton Steamboat Inn in Lancaster. You may want to look into this area, it's 40-45 minutes away from Hershey and there are plenty of things to do and see in Lancaster.

Plus there's a fun little amusement park called Dutch Wonderland there. It's almost directly across the street from the Steamboat Inn. Hershey Park owns it and you can get a package that includes tickets to both parks. At 10 and 8 you're kids might be a little old, but its still a great park to go to. Not nearly as big as HP, but still lots of fun.

http://www.dutchwonderland.com/

lisaross
05-28-2010, 04:10 PM
now i remember Capital Plaza is where we stay in Harrisburg. Nothing fancy but nice..comes w/bkfast in the morning..cereal/bagels/muffins/waffle's - about 80.00 a night..

momplus3
05-28-2010, 04:14 PM
There is a pretty nice Country Inn and Suites about 10 minutes from Hershey. We stayed there 4 years ago - good breakfast.