PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do E-Mealz???

leagirl12
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
A co-worker recently told me about how him and his wife use E-Mealz for their dinner plans. This was my first time to hear about it. Looked at the website and saw they had a points system plan. DH and I had been talking about getting back to Weight Watchers but I was dreading it as coming up with dinners on WW has always been difficult for me.

Well....I signed up for E-Mealz and tonight we will be finishing up our last week. I have LOVED it. I love not having to think about what will be for dinner and having the points counted out for me. I have also cooked things that I would have never thought to cook before.

My DS is very picky and has even been trying and eating new things....which this fact alone makes me love the plan.

I know alot of people here follow Dave Ramsey and he is a supporter of this so just wondering if anyone else is doing it.

Leshaface
05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I've been looking at it too for the past couple days...am considering buying it (it's only $15 for 3 months) so it's really cheap...

Just concerned about using too many packaged items (checked out a sample menu and it called for boxed mashed potatoes :scared1: )

leagirl12
05-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah there are a good bit of packaged items but with our hectic schedule...packaged is better than fast food....LOL!

If you use the code DAVE you will save a few dollars.

DisneyMama629
05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
We do the Aldis meal plan for 2. I love it! I've found lots if good new recipes and I've saved a ton of money since the recipes are made with all Aldis ingredients.

jenjenmouse
05-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Hi. We are starting our 3rd week of E-Mealz and LOVE IT! We do the low carb plan and nothing is boxed or prepackaged. Fresh and healthy. My son has Prader- Willi syndrome and my daughter is pre diabetic and it has been great for both. The low carb plan can be easily altered to have more carbs is you'd like but the recipes are great and I love the shopping list and the idea that the meals are just already planned. I don't have to "think" much. About the best thing meal wise I have ever done. The low carb plan is a bit more costly than the regular plan because of the fresh produce it requires instead of the boxed /canned stuff. It has run about $100-$130 a week ( but that is way cheaper than my previous plan...eating out daily) My DD is extremely picky....and she is trying new stuff daily. Not always loving it but at least trying it.
Hope you love it too.

RetroMom
05-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I have been a member for a while...a year maybe? Enough time that some of the favorites have come back through. I love it! I have discovered many food items in my store that I didn't know were there, much less on sale. We just decide which meals we want to do. Sometimes I change the sides. Occasionally I have changed the main entree but tried the side recipe that they give. The shopping list itself is worth the $5 a month! I am not one of those people who likes to come up with recipes in the kitchen so this is a lifesaver. My boys really like it and we have enjoyed most of the recipes. We use the Kroger Family Plan. The guys at the meat and fish counters laugh and shake their heads, because sometimes they don't even have the sale items out yet, but they have looked at my e-mealz print outs and gone and found my items! :thumbsup2 The only thing that I found can be an occasional problem is that they will say a meat item is on sale per pound and you need to buy a certain amount of pounds (like 1 to 2). But at my Kroger, it may be packed in a family pack (8 to 10) to get that price, so while it may be a great price overall, I would have to buy a lot more than I need. So I buy it and freeze some or I make a snap decision to replace that meal with some of the other things that we like.

sherreis
05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
We use the meal plans through Saving Dinner which sounds similar. It has saved me so much time and money and health!

LisaInNc
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
That was really intteresting I am kind of doing something like that for my family but doing it myself.

I have regular meals that I make. I like to cook fresh and I enjoy making my own sauces and marinaides. So what I have been doing it making a shopping like for each meal and then when I plan my menu I decide what to make and just look up the ingredients.

I have one of those shopping like makers, forget what it's called. I just say the item and it makes a really organized shopping list.

Lisa