PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else skipping this year :(

ls1222
05-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I thought I would be ok with it.................but not really! We have been every year for the past 5 years, but my DH's job has not been as stable as we would like and have decided we just cant go this year. We can do a budget vacation (few days, maybe at the beach). But now that school is out, it is hitting me and I feel sad :( I hoping for next year! Anyone else feeling a little down about skipping this year?

Darcy03231
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I thought I would be ok with it.................but not really! We have been every year for the past 5 years, but my DH's job has not been as stable as we would like and have decided we just cant go this year. We can do a budget vacation (few days, maybe at the beach). But now that school is out, it is hitting me and I feel sad :( I hoping for next year! Anyone else feeling a little down about skipping this year?

I feel the same way. I was hoping I'd be able to get a short trip in this fall, but its just not in the cards. I'm now shooting for next spring.

mdezot
05-27-2010, 05:00 PM
We are skipping too. Though not technically as DD reminded me because we flew home on Jan. 1, 2010......Anyway, DH said that he needs a year off. The kids and I on the other hand would be there several times a year if we could. The good news is that I finally got him to agree to a Disney Cruise so I am planning for our trip in 2011.

Va-bear
05-27-2010, 05:02 PM

I could have written this word for word - bleh.... :(

But, we need a new roof so no Disney. Well, we can all be sad together.:grouphug:

mommy2_3
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
last year we were planning on going this year. then i got pregnant so we used our tax money on the new baby. i was a little sad but i couldnt be happier with the little bundle of joy that we have now! we are going next year in april for the first time!

lttlmc3
05-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Blah, our situation is so bad that we have no idea when we will get back to Disney. I'll be on a forced vacation with my family for a cousin's wedding, but that's all I get. Sooooo not happy.

LaurenLC
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
We're skipping this year, but it's because we (really me :rotfl:) are having a baby next month! :lovestruc I miss Disney, but I can't think of a better reason not to be there! We are terribly excited to plan her first trip next year though!

ls1222
05-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks!! Makes me feel better not being alone! For those who are having or had a baby, there is no better reason to have to skip a year. As soon as school ends, I usually am on tourguide mike and the disboards daily and I feel kind of lost! I know its selfish because there are alot of worse things to happen and we have been so fortunate to be able to go so many times!!

NewmanFamily6
05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
We are skipping this year because we are about to move into a new house in a couple of weeks. We are going on DCL next year though:thumbsup2

griergirl2
05-27-2010, 07:56 PM
We had to skip this year as well due to DD's hospital bills this year, but are sooo excited to be planning officially for a trip next fall. We just booked our cruise on the Dream and we're planning on doing 5 nights at Disney beforehand...and since we're planning so early we have enough time to slowly save up to pay for it all :goodvibes

mrodgers
05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Not skipping this year. It's our first trip, and probably our only trip.

2010 - Disneyworld
2011 - car replacement
2012 - Central air conditioning
2013 - probably a new roof
2014 - probably another car replacement because the 2011 car is not going to be very new and will probably be above 200,000 miles by then.
2015 - Finish paying off credit card debt.
2016 - Wife's car will be 10 years old. We have 1 newer and 1 older. I don't want 2 cars older than 10 years old with 150,000 miles or more on it.
2016 again - YIKES!!! :scared1: Just realized oldest daughter will be driving!

Well, there's 7 years. Who knows, maybe I'll be making an extra $1 an hour or so by then with how jobs are in western Pennsylvania if you don't live in Pittsburgh and we could make another trip to Disneyworld....

Taja
05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Another one skipping WDW this year--and 2008 and 2009! :eek:

Had to install two new HVAC (heat pump) units last year on the house and am saving for a new roof in 2011 or 2012. Have to patch it this year--had a microburst a week ago and still am waiting for the roofer to give me an estimate. He has been swamped. We had a very wet winter and spring (for us), followed by high winds. Also have to have two new evaporative coolers installed--or removed, not sure which way to go with that. I can't use them--it's too humid during most of the summer (they don't work well when the dew point is over 50 degrees)--and they generate too much moisture for my bones in milder weather. Not sure if they would be better for resale or not. :confused3 Need to decide before redoing the roof. *sigh*

Added to all of that, the economy stinks and I'm concerned about spending money that isn't absolutely essential. Definitely will not put anything non-essential on a credit card! But that's me--I'm horrendously frugal! *LOL*

With any luck, may make it to WDW in December 2011. Have to wait and see.

Good luck to everyone else! :)

JoiseyMom
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
We canceled last years vacation (DCL), and didn't schedule one this year. DS is getting married around the time we would vaca...but with the wedding and other expenses we couldn't have gone anywhere anyway :(.

I am hoping we can go away next year, but I am doubtful :(.

tchrrx
05-27-2010, 10:26 PM
We are skipping this year. Last year's trip was not as magical as we had hoped, so we thought a year off might be good. Now, we are regretting not being there! But, we are taking an Adventures by Disney trip, so we'll still have a little of the magic.

My dad has a conference in Orlando & wanted DD to come with him & mom. I just couldn't send her alone. Then, they invited me. I felt guilty leaving DH behind, even though he said it was ok. Now, my parents are upset that we're not going and I wish we were all able to be there. Oh well...live & learn!

DawnM
05-27-2010, 11:08 PM
We are going this Fall, but it is going to be a more scaled trip than we normally take. We did the GAD passes and will use those as well as any Disney dollars we have and buy limited passes. We will do some other cost saving things as well to make it, but just barely make it! HA!

Dawn

pixiewings71
05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Yup, we are skipping. We aren't WDW visitors but DLR visitors, we live about 6 hours away and just finished up having 2 years with APs. We had a really great time but we have to get some debt paid OFF!!!! So no Disney for us probably until 2012 when most of the renovations are done. :) I almost booked us a quick trip but I resisted the need.....notice I didn't say urge. LOL

ls1222
05-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, we sure all have different reasons for not going this year!!!!! But we are all in it together :) I really cant believe how it hit me, I guess I just need to enjoy summer!!

thebigkahuna
05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
sorry, nevermind, I missed the point of this thread....time for more coffee.

disneyfans95
05-28-2010, 09:11 AM
We are skipping because our kids (12 and 10) are just not that into Disney. You could see it coming last year when we went.

With both of them counting as adults for the meal plan and them just not being into Disney it is really hard for us to justify going there this year. I think we are out till they get older and can leave behind and wife and I go solo :)

So we are going to do a cruise out of NY where we live to the Bahamas. The prices is soooo much cheaper then a week at Disney, so we have that going for us. Have to see how it goes.

DisneyNutMic
05-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Count me in. Actually I haven't been since Dec 06. We are planning a big trip next year for my 40th birthday though so it's all good.

PA Princess
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
This is the first time in like 10 years that we do not have a Disney trip planned...it feels very weird to us. We travel every year (occasionally every 18 months) for the last 10 years. Even when we had babies or bought a new house, we knew when our nextr trip to Disney was coming on the horrizon...not now.

Our last trip was a 12 day Christmas trip in December 2009, and it was just awesome. So it has not been that long since we were in WDW, but just a lack of knowing when we are going again. We do have several trips planned to other places this summer (Williamsburg, VA Beach, Bahamas cruise, Costa Rica).

There are other places we want to visit, so that seems to be our issue. Course, our youngest is 5 and the perfect Disney age...that is pulling on me!

Colleen27
05-28-2010, 10:01 AM
We are, and yeah, I'm a little down about it. I knew this wasn't going to be a big trip year because we were just there in December, but my mom & I were supposed to go for Flower & Garden until money problems on both our ends forced us to put that off until next year. We have our GAD vouchers and a 40% PIN and I'm still not sure a short fall trip is realistic. :( More likely we'll end up waiting for Flower & Garden 2011.

Colleen27
05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Our last trip was a 12 day Christmas trip in December 2009, and it was just awesome. So it has not been that long since we were in WDW, but just a lack of knowing when we are going again. We do have several trips planned to other places this summer (Williamsburg, VA Beach, Bahamas cruise, Costa Rica).

There are other places we want to visit, so that seems to be our issue. Course, our youngest is 5 and the perfect Disney age...that is pulling on me!

That's where I'm at too. My big kids (12 & 8) want to see other places, so this year we're planning Washington DC, a train trip to Chicago, and some time touring our own state. But my youngest is at such a great age for Disney! She's almost 2, obsessed with all things Mickey Mouse, and still "talks" (as much as a toddler talks) about our trip last December, so that's tugging at me to try to find a way to squeeze a little Disney in again soon!

Beckypooh1972
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM

I feel ya! We booked a condo on the beach and paid for it with part of our tax refund before any of the Disney deals were released. It was a matter of poor timing for us-Disney deals weren't out yet and we didn't want to lose out on a nice affordable condo we had our eyes on. Kind of wish we'd waited to see what Disney offered but the condo owner required payment far in advance and didn't have a generous refund window to cancel...that said we are on the beach this week and our 3 yr. old boys are having a great time. We drove ourselves down - about a 10 hour drive to the Gulf which was much more manageable than the Disney drive, bought some groceries and limited ourselves to about 3 - 4 restaurant meals this week. We are having a great time so no regrets but like you a little sad we probably can't do Disney this year.

gracie1
05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I was trying to figure out a way to go this year, especially with the 40%off pin that I got. But it just won't be able to happen. We already planned to go to Boston, Salem and Conneticut for 5 days in October. And I have a cruise to Bermuda booked for April. So I am going to plan a trip for November or December in 2011 or 2012. I would like to go to see the christmas decorations.

hockeyprincess
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Yep... add us to the bunch not travelling to Orlando this year. Our upstairs is going to be completely remodeled, so we will be spending our vacation budget on the house this year. It's totally going to be worth it though... adding a full bath, laundry upstairs and another bedroom. I just can't wait for it to be done... and we haven't even started yet! :lmao:

It is going to be strange not going anywhere this year... I did buy zoo membership though, so at least we can take a day trip somewhere and see some cool animals.

SDSorority
05-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Last year was our skip year. This year is our non-skip year. Next year will be a skip year- going to Cali instead. NOT even doing Disneyland while we're out there... geesh.

Planogirl
05-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I would be skipping this year but we already have Universal passes, we get free hotel nights (offsite) on points and I can get car rental at a very low cost. My big concern is the Disney passes and food but we're saving like crazy. I want all of this to be paid for with extra cash.

We have skipped in the past though and it is hard. True that worse things can happen but it's nice to have that vacation to look forward to.

blanq
05-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes, we are skipping WDW this year, and yes, I feel kind of down about. I should not complain as we had two other trips this year (cruise in Feb and Palm Springs to visit the folks in March), but we are not taking any other vacations this year. I was hoping to take a trip to WDW in Oct, but we had to replace our furnace this month, and that cost $5K+.:headache:

There will be no WDW for us next year either, as we are planning a 2 week trip to Hawaii for next June. I think that it is looking like it will be 1/2012 before we go back to our beloved WDW. The last time we were there was 2/2009, so this will be our longest dry spell ever.:sad1:

thebeesknees
05-28-2010, 10:54 AM
I SO wanted to go this fall, before our youngest turns 3. But it's not going to happen. The kids are starting a new school this fall that has no fall break. DH got a pay cut at work due to state budget cuts- not a ton, but enough to make us tighten our belts. That, and DH says he is "Disney-ed out" right now, after going 2 years in a row.:eek: The kids and I would go multiple times a year if we could, so it is hard to imagine that! We are opting for a low-key driving trip to South Dakota this summer, instead. I've been trying to point out the positives of waiting to go back with the kids. Star Tours will be up and running, the new attractions back at the Toon Town area will be done, and the youngest might even be tall enough to ride most things by the time we get back there.

tinker&belle
05-28-2010, 10:56 AM
2009-no vacation, doing Dave Ramsey and DD born with major medical i$$ue$
2010-Still finishing up Dave Ramsey and more medical $$$
2011-Catching up on the projects put off due to Dave Ramsey, medical and building EF
2012-Hoping for Disney!!! Kids will turn 3 and 5 so by December they should be about 3 1/2 and almost 5 1/2 so that feels like a good age.

The hardest part is we haven't done much more than a day at the zoo, but it is also kind of hard to travel much with two little ones anyway. The nice thing is hopefully we will be in a much better place financially by the time we go.

Stargazer
05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
We're also skipping this year. I wouldn't say I'm bummed out, but it's just really strange to me to not be planning ADRs and best park days right now!

I actually don't know if we'll go next year or not :scared1:. DH and DD both said they want to go back to Orlando next year, but want to focus on Universal and SeaWorld since we've never been to either.

ilovediznee
05-28-2010, 11:27 AM
It is bothering me more than I thought it would. A LOT of our friends are going this year and I'm helping them plan, so that makes it even harder knowing I won't be there. I am trying to get my Disney fix by listening to www.365.com and listening to Park Hopper Radio so I feel like I am there. If you need more details on the website, just pm me.:thumbsup2

We go every year the first full week of June, but not this year. As some of you know from previous posts, I am paying off medical bills so the money is just not there.

We are going in December, using our DVC points but just going to Universal.

The only good thing is that (keep your fingers crossed) I MIGHT be approved to go to a conference in October and guess where it is??????????? Orlando and we get 1/2 price park tickets. If I get approved to go, I plan on eating peanut butter sandwiches between now and October and saving every extra penny I can, after all my bills, so I can go to at least one park.

Our next trip is tentatively set for July 2011.

junebugs
05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
We're skipping this year too. We went to Disney in 2006, 2008 and 2009, so DH says we need to take year off. Now that summer is almost hear - I'm sad :sad2: and thinking about Disney. It doesn't help that two friends are both leaving for trips next week!! But on the bright side - maybe it will help the old savings account! :idea:

dwfanatic
05-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Skipped last year and skipping this year. Next year we'll be back!!!!:wizard:

DonnaDuck
05-28-2010, 03:08 PM
It helps to see that I'm not the only sad one! :sad1:

We also aren't going this year.

mommyof2princesses
05-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Technically we are skipping this year due to new job and no money! But, we did do a quick Disneyland trip while we were on the west coast. It was really cool to see where it all started, but it didn't have that magical feeling like the world has!

NancyIL
05-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Thankfully - it's been a long time since our budget was so tight that we didn't take a vacation. I have an annual pass, and I try to go to WDW during holiday time (late November/early December) and in April for my birthday. I've already been to WDW in January and April this year, and will return in mid-December - all solo.

BWV Dreamin
05-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Thankfully - it's been a long time since our budget was so tight that we didn't take a vacation. I have an annual pass, and I try to go to WDW during holiday time (late November/early December) and in April for my birthday. I've already been to WDW in January and April this year, and will return in mid-December - all solo.
Wow, solo!! Congrats to you!! I have often wondered about a solo trip as the DH "will go" but is not always crazy about traveling. Sorry to get OT.
We go once a year. Again, I would go more often!!

Job comes first, Disney will always be there. :wizard:

NancyIL
05-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow, solo!! Congrats to you!! I have often wondered about a solo trip as the DH "will go" but is not always crazy about traveling. Sorry to get OT. We go once a year. Again, I would go more often!!

My husband endured several family trips to WDW, especially when our kids were younger. Our last FL/WDW family trip was at Thanksgiving 2007 - when we visited my mom and then spent a few days at WDW. My mom died in Jan. 2009, so there is no reason for my DH to ever return to the state of Florida!

mrsbornkuntry
05-28-2010, 05:05 PM
We went last year, but this year we will definitely be skipping it. We need to move by the end of the year and are hoping to buy our first house. We're planning on camping at Cape Hatteras for a few days instead and since we haven't been there before I'm still pretty excited about that.

TxRabbit
05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
The chances of us going are extremely slim. We were planning on moving this summer closer to DH's work. He's been commuting 120+ miles everyday for over 2 years now. However, it turns out that we might be going to a completely different location.

Had an interview in GA. If we end up moving to GA we might be able to swing a drive down to Orlando during Fall Break. We have non-expiring tickets from a previous trip. We could use the current promo and just not do dining plan, but a budget plan.

If that doesn't pan out...no trip for us this year.

Now we also have another potential job change with a potential assignment in ENGLAND!!!! So we will have to see. I might have to see what kind of deal I can swing while we are there for when we would come back in two years!:banana:

Smile4Me
05-28-2010, 09:35 PM
We've been every year the last three years and We're skipping this year too. BF just got a new job (able to move back to WI from IA) and doesn't have the vacation time yet,,,but we're gonna save some major money and start looking for a house! Plus we are already looking toward going next year, and it will mean that much more to us when we do get there!

jacksonsmom
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I understand how you all feel.
I haven't been back since 10/2006, just was not in the cards ($$$$) but finally after almost 4 years we are going back in August :cool1: And I will tell you all something, having not been there in so long it feels like "new" again.

we are so excited, almost as excited as our first trip. There are new things we are really looking forward to trying for the first time (nemo ride in Epcot, Nemo show, TSM, Monster Inc show, etc) all those things were not open when we went.

I guess what I am trying to say is even though I know the feeling of wanting to go to WDW and can't, it feels SO good when you can finally go back.

Here's to all of you and hoping in a year or so you guys can all get back down to the Happiest Place on Earth :thumbsup2

minniefan65
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
We will not be going this year. We were trying every other year, but next year is in doubt too due to major plumbing issues. I realized in 2008 how bad the withdrawals are. My parents bought us a 2 day pass to Universal/Islands and we were so sad about not going to Disney that we left Islands to go to Downtown Disney. We will still travel from Milwaukee to Florida to see my folks, just no Disney. The kids (including the 18 and 20 year olds) are all having some major withdrawals too. DD20 said last time that she didn't think that she would miss it as much as she did.

momof1princess
05-28-2010, 11:35 PM
yes, we're skipping this year, and i'm VERY down about it. a cousin and her family leave tomorrow morning for wdw, and i helped her plan the trip-i'm happy for them, but it just makes my own financial situation look worse. we had to buy a new heat pump this past winter, so a big part of our emergency fund and a HUGE chunk of our income tax refund went to pay for that, then the A/C in my car quit working-got it fixed, $250 of parts later (thank goodness DH is a mechanic!). there's just no money for a vacation. i WANT to go to disney, but honestly, there have been so many health issues in my family over the past few months, i would go ANYWHERE! i just need to get away from all of it. :(

hsmamato2
05-29-2010, 08:17 AM
yeah,no plans for us yet..so strange.....but honestly,we're driving to see family this summer,and having another type of trip planned is way different than having NO trips planned.......

SnowWhite607
05-29-2010, 08:28 AM
You can see from my sig line that we have been every summer since 2005. DH wanted to do something different this year so we are going on a Carnival cruise. I love to cruise and havent done it in a while but I still wanna be at WDW!:sad1: I'll be back in Feb 2011 though!

dvcnewgirl
05-29-2010, 08:43 AM
We are skipping this year.. :( but we are still going to Fla. for a very budget trip. We got a one bedroom condo Sheraton Vistana for 377 total for 5 nights and we are doing a Seaworld/ Aqautica trip since we already have passes. We are skipping this year due to budget. I was able to get a cruise the week we normally go to Disney for almost the same price as Disney tickets alone. Since the cruise includes everything that was a much better options during this time. So even though I have 2 budget trips, I will still miss seeing my kids at Disney..

SGMCO
05-29-2010, 08:47 AM
We had to skip last year and rebook for this year--I cried. :sad2:
The resession has been rough and I'm self employed (I took a major hit
and it has not gotten better).
Thankfully DH has a decent job that keeps us afloat.
I use my income for clothes for our family, grocery's, Vacation cost.
It has taken me since fall of 2008 to save for this years trip,
But this year is our 25th Anniversary so I'm so happy we could go.

jpmandan
05-29-2010, 09:54 AM
We are skipping this year. :headache: The Mouse will have to wait, hope he will recognize me in a few years. :rotfl2:

MinnieForMe
05-29-2010, 10:12 AM
We just got back a month ago and I promised myself that we would skip next year and go somewhere else. However, after checking airfare and resorts, Disney still seems to be a bargain for our family.

palavra
05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
We may not go back for 2-3 years. DH wants to go on a cruise this next year. It does sound like a lot of fun, and now that our daughter is getting older, I think she would enjoy the shore excursions. I hope to get back in Nov. 2011, but it's not for sure.

dtr_angel
05-29-2010, 03:36 PM
yes :( We went for our honeymoon in 08 and had planned on going every year. In 09 we got lucky and went in March for spring break, and again in August for my husband's bday before school started again for me. This year, at first we didn't have the $$, but now we do thanks to my husbands new job, but he can't use his vacation until he has been there a year :( I'm so crushed!

Kate and Pete
05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
We skipped this year, too (we go in Feb.). And we're saving $$ like crazy in order to be able to go back next Feb., but even that's up in the air if a "budget buster" happens...'cuz we'll have to use the Disney $$ to fix whatever happens. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed! :woohoo:

sameyeyam
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM
We didn't skip this year, but instead shortened the days at the parks. I did a girls only trip to DL for 3 days, sharing a discount hotel room with 3 other ladies and used my bosses airmiles for free airfare.

Then at spring break we went to WDW, but did 1 day at a theme park, 2 days of water parks and then spent the rest of the time at my sister's house and doing a road trip in FL enjoying beaches and doing more budget minded things.

Guess what? We still had fun!:thumbsup2

foreUT
05-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Not a problem with money (dvc and tickets from last year), but health issues (DMom), might cancel my trip. Sad, but some things make others not important. :)

AnninIowa
05-29-2010, 09:43 PM
After going four years in a row, we aren't going this year. Actually not sure when or if we'll ever go again. Not because I don't want to, but with airline prices and then the cost for the resort and tickets PLUS the cost to board the dogs....it's just too much. We're not doing any trip this year because we are moving and are putting the money into renovating the house.

jpmandan
05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
My wife just told me that we would be in AK this morning. :sad2: I guess we need to start a WDW savings account. :thumbsup2

disneydreamersx4
05-30-2010, 10:45 AM
At least we have the DIS to come to when we need a Disney fix!

We haven't been there since 2007. Was hoping to go in 2010 but finances weren't there. Hoping to go in 2011 but that might not happen because sis-in-law is graduating from online college and she wants to go to the ceremony in Iowa which is far from us and DH says we have to go to her ceremony. I hope she changes her mind so we can go to Disney :wizard:

Bell30012
05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Right now it looks like we may be skipping our 2010 trip. We did go twice in 2009 so that helps ease the pain. I think our next trip will be Jan 3rd 2011 right when VALUE season starts.

Unless of course, WDW decides to send me a PIN code. (Hint, hint, WDW marketing department).

jayally
05-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I had to cancel our Nov 2009 trip due to a brief layoff and as it turned it I would have been ok. I hated to hear about everyone's vacations to disney when I wasn't able to go and we haven't done anything since a November 2008 trip to Wash DC. This year I decided I was going to WDW no matter what and prepaid for almost everything when I had the money. I still need to save for the tickets, dining plan, rental car and spending money and I am getting worried I only have 5 months to do it!

hipchickie
05-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Technically, we already went this year, but we won't be going next year and I am already in mourning over not going next year :lmao:
We are going back to Africa next spring - Ethiopia and maybe Kenya, so we will be going somewhere, but I am going to miss my disney fix!

ls1222
06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys for all your responses!! Wow, there are alot of us not going for various reasons!! I hope that we all get back in the near future!!!!!

superme80
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
We went last year, but this year we will definitely be skipping it. We need to move by the end of the year and are hoping to buy our first house. We're planning on camping at Cape Hatteras for a few days instead and since we haven't been there before I'm still pretty excited about that.

It is beautiful!!! You will have a blast!!!! I am skipping this year and possibly next year as well. We are planning a late fall trip to Disneyland in 2012. There is a chance that my parents are taking us in 2011, but I am not holding my breath in case it falls through.

hjohnson6
06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Our first trip was September of 2007. After that trip DH and I talked and agreed that we would go again in 2010. Well here is 2010 and we aren't going. DH decided that we should go to the Black Hills with his Mom and Step-Dad instead. DH has also told me that next year we are going to California (I think he is going to set up to have us renew our vows on the beach.) That being said, I don't see us going back to WDW until 2012. At least our youngest should be tall enough to go on everything by then.

NancyIL
06-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Our first trip was September of 2007. After that trip DH and I talked and agreed that we would go again in 2010. Well here is 2010 and we aren't going. DH decided that we should go to the Black Hills with his Mom and Step-Dad instead. DH has also told me that next year we are going to California (I think he is going to set up to have us renew our vows on the beach.) That being said, I don't see us going back to WDW until 2012. At least our youngest should be tall enough to go on everything by then.

Do you get a say in where you spend your vacation? Seems to me that if he agreed to return to WDW in 2010, but has decided to vacation with his parents this year instead - then NEXT year you get to decide where to vacation.