PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for short vacation

disneymomoftwins
05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
We live in central Alabama and have 13 yr old boy/girl twins. We are going to WDW in October so we are going to take a short vacation this summer. We dont really like the beach and have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 3 or 4 day vacation?

Dax
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
How bout Atlanta? There is a lot to do there, and you are close to Six Flags and Wild Adventures...

teacup princess
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
We visited Kentucky's Mammoth Caves over spring break. I was blown away when my kids said they liked it almost as much as Disney (maybe we need to get out more).

Piglet843
05-27-2010, 03:17 PM
We live in central Alabama and have 13 yr old boy/girl twins. We are going to WDW in October so we are going to take a short vacation this summer. We dont really like the beach and have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 3 or 4 day vacation?

Hey - I'm from northern AL.
I wish I was as close as you to the gulf - there would be no question where my short vacation would be!! :rotfl:

I was gonna suggest Atlanta too! Lots of fun things to do - for the kiddos and you and DH!!
Get a hotel next to MARTA and you got the whole city at your fingertips :goodvibes

boakl
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Have you ever tried Callaway Gardens in Pine Mtn, Ga? They have family camps along with biking, a lake, boating, etc.

newdrama12
05-27-2010, 03:50 PM
When my family and I wanted to take a short vaction one year, we went to Mammoth Cave and then since we are Corvette fan, went to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green.

Mammoth Cave: http://www.nps.gov/maca/index.htm

Corvette Museum: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/

Claire&TheBoys
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
We went to Atlanta over Spring Break. We bought the City Pass and got admission to the aquarium, zoo, Fernbank Natural History Museum and World of Coke. It was a pretty good deal, I thought. We also went to a Braves game. We had a good time and it was fairly reasonable in cost. We stayed at a hotel with an Expedia special rate that had a full breakfast and free parking.

disneymomoftwins
05-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Atlanta sounds fun. I like the idea about riding Marta instead of driving anywhere. Atlanta traffic really makes me nervous!
Thanks!!

dzneelvr
05-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Ask your family for ideas. Sometimes it's nice to do a Stay-cation and go out to the latest showing of movies (there's quite a few great ones out this summer), sleep in, relax, and finally see some of the sites not so very far from home:hug:

swilshire
05-28-2010, 05:24 AM
I've always wanted to do a long weekend in Chattanooga.

Lots of nice places in North Georgia, also. We go down every year to Helen GA the first weekend in June for a Hot Air Balloon race. Great town with lots of parks around.

Sheila

Priorityonecb
05-28-2010, 05:55 AM
We loved our weekend in Atlanta! We too got the City Pass, a great bargain. My girls loved it there too!