PDA

View Full Version : Organizing YES program Nov.20-Dec.4

jeanneg4of4
05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Discounted Park Tickets and Educational Class for 5th-12th graders and families.
I am trying to form a Y.E.S. group for
NOVEMBER 26- NOVEMBER 30, 2010
here is a link to the Disney web page on that program.
http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...amOverviewPage
I need 10 kids to sign up for a 3 hour educational class given by Disney.
For groups with a minimum of 10 participants, Disney will allow each child
in the group to purchase one child & one chaperon deeply discounted ticket.
Tickets can be used within 7 days before and after the class date (Example Nov. 20- Dec .4 if the class is on Nov. 27th).
Only one class is required.
Current classes available are at this link.
http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...enceDetailPage

Ticket prices

3 Day 1 Park YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $126.38
3 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $142.36
3 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $158.34

4 Day 1 Park YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $135.16
4 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $151.13
4 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $167.11

5 Day 1 Park YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $141.73
5 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $157.70
5 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $173.68

6 Day 1 Park YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $150.55
6 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $166.52
6 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $182.51

7 Day 1 Park YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $157.15
7 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $173.12
7 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket = $189.11

Premium = park hopping + water park admission for the number of days indicated

Prices include tax. Add a $4.50 processing fee for the entire order (not per ticket)

Add $10 for the entire order for shipping.

The prices include one class per school aged child. Each additional program is $26

8, 9 and 10 day tickets are available, but I think you have to ask for them.

This is a great savings. Almost half the cost of a regular ticket, example
A family with 2 children (age 11 & 14) and 2 adults who buy a 7 day Premium
Cost = $756.44
Regular Price 7 day hopper with Water Park and more for 2 children and 2 adults
Cost = $1439.88

If you are interested please PM me or e-mail me at jeanneg4of4@woh.rr.com

mouselovr
05-27-2010, 02:03 PM
OH THE ???????
So can you just organize this event at anytime if you have a group of 10kids?? I am looking at going in Dec this week actually but can't swing the whole weekend of Thanksgiving~ But I would have 4 kids with me that fell into the age range and using it as a school event, since my family all homeschools would be :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. I might be interested. I am trying the links and not getting anywhere, when I look it up I don't see events posted for these dates. What would the session be on? Any more info would be great!
Thanks
Stacy

mouselovr
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
forgot to sub!

headoflife
05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Keep me informed via PM or email. I will sub this thread too. I am so glad you are doing this! I thought about it, but am too disorganized and am still not 100% sure we are going. I have 2 kids (7th and 10th grade)

happily single
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Can I combine this with a PIN Code I have for a hotel room discount?

vgrandy
05-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I have two kids they will be 9 and 12 by November. We are flying in on Nov 26 and out on Dec 3rd. Would love to take part in this with you.

edit: just saw that you are only doing 5th and up, my dd will be in 4th so I guess this wouldn't work for us.

Victoria

minnie1928
05-28-2010, 06:44 AM
I have two kids they will be 9 and 12 by November. We are flying in on Nov 26 and out on Dec 3rd. Would love to take part in this with you.

edit: just saw that you are only doing 5th and up, my dd will be in 4th so I guess this wouldn't work for us.

Victoria

She could still attend the class, I called yesterday with the exact same question and they said the ages were suggestions, not requirements.

jeanneg4of4
05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
YES program
http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/programs/programOverview?page=YESProgramOverviewPage

Current classes available are at this link.

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/detail/detailPage?page=YESPhysicalScienceDetailPage

The age groups are suggest as minnie 1928 stated. One of the classes that they are looking at has a age range from 3rd grade to 12th grade.
The class we are most interested in is the Properties of Motion Physics class held at MK.
They get to ride Space Mt. and Splash Mt. during the class & learn how they work.
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdyp/media/en_US/programs/yes/programs/download/PropertiesofMotion(112309).pdf
They are also interseted in Dynamics of Tech at Epcot. They Ride Mission Space & Test Track http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdyp/media/en_US/programs/yes/programs/download/DyanmicsofTechnology(112309).pdf
I think the boys are interested in the rides as well as how they work but we are very flexible and open to options.
BTW, I think I fixed the links.
The tickets with the education program are not combined with any package so I believe that you could use a room only discount with the program.
All the kids must attend the same class on the same day. They must be at least 10 children to be able to participate in the program. We have been to WDW many times and have done many extra activities but I am very excited about the educational experience that is available to the kids. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Local_Girl
05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
jeanneg4of4...I'm VERY interested in this, but I'll have to discuss details with my DH and the kids, although they already know the general idea. Been following the YES threads for awhile to see if anyone might be going during our timeframe. Will they actually have classes over the Thanksgiving weekend? We will be arriving 11/25 and will be there till 12/4. Our schedule is very flexible. My kids will be DS17 (11th gr. next year) and DD14 (9th gr. next year) at the time of the trip. Thanks for working on this! :)

poohscrew
05-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I am jumping on this thread!! We are planning on going down the week of Thanksgiving and I will have 1 8th grader, 1 4th grader and 1 2nd grader.

Will you be the one who will place the orders for the tickets?

Thanks for organizing this!

vgrandy
05-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Is anyone interest in any of the natural science (animal) classes?

jeanneg4of4
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Ok, I just wanted to update all those who are interested in joining our group. I had the question come up if they would even be having YES classes the weekend of thanksgiving. The response was that they could not guarantee that the class that we wanted woulde be available but they would have classes. They also said that the prices and classes will/ can change in September so my goal is to have the group together and the tickets payed for before September. I have looked into animal classes (vgrandy) but that limits us to the age group we are recomended to have but we still have not decided on the class yet. Yes I will be taking the money for the tickets and thought I would use Pay pal since it is more secure. I want everyone to feel as safe as possible when it comes to any exchange of money. I would like a list with names and ages and how many tickets you would need. Also, I would like to know how many extra, non-stuent tickets you need. I am open to what class we all take and would like to know what everyone else would like to do. I think Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion: 3rd — 12th Grade. sounds interesting and covers a wide age range. let me know what you think.
Jeanne

vgrandy
06-06-2010, 06:15 AM
I am interested in hearing what others are interested in doing. My one concern with the Properties of Motion is probably the thing that makes you most interested. Do the kids have the option not to ride Space Mt.? How about Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves ( behind the scenes look at haunted mansion)?

do you know what the 2 complimentary chaperone packages include?

headoflife
06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
We have 2 kids, 7th grade and 10th grade. From what I have read, I would be most interested in a class that is designed for older kids. It sounds, from those who have done the classes, that they skew toward the youngest members and I am afraid my kids would be bored. I am open to considering anything, though. We would also have 2 adults. How may kids do we have now? If there are enough for 2 groups, I would be happy to coordinate the older kids group.

Local_Girl
06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your work on this, Jeanne! I'll be emailing your our info soon, but for the benefit of those reading this thread, I've got 2 teenagers, and both are interested in the Properties of Motion class, though we're pretty flexible as long as the class is for their age group. Do teens need to have a chaperone along with them? DH and I can attend if so, but we don't necessarily need to be there (and the kids might prefer to be on their own ;)).

vgrandy
06-06-2010, 11:55 AM
It sounds like there are a bunch of older kids doing this. It's cool if it doesn't work out for us to join. If anyone is interested in doing a younger group send me a message.

Victoria

jeanneg4of4
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
At this point I have a total of 22 kids that have showed interest in grades 3-12. The children have the option of not riding the rides and the chaperone would have to sit out with them. We only need 1 chaperone per 10 children (although the web site say 1:15) but can have 1 chaperone per 5 children. Extra chaperones that show up may not be permitted to join the group (I suppose this would be up to the person directing the class). My understanding is that the chaperone package is just a complimentary chaperone ticket (There are room and dinning options that can be added at a group rate). I am very open to the class that we do. Again, the one chosen was based on interest and the range of the age group however, If we do have this many children we can do 2 groups. BTW, if you are interested in doing more than 1 class, each an additional class is $26 and must have 10 children per class. My boys are interested in many different classes from. Team Up for Wildlife: 6th — 12th Grade (age limit is 11 and up), The American Story: 2nd — 12th Grade (intersting history and splash mountain ride), Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves: 3rd — 12th Grade ( haunted mansion, stitch, and phiharmagic), Dynamics of Technology: 6th — 12th Grade (at EPCOT, missionn space & test track), and Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion.
I would like to keep the interst in one goup as I think we will have the greates potential to create diverse groups and maybe more than one group.

So please let me know if you are interested, the grade your child will be in, the classes you are interested in, if you are interested in more than 1 class, your date range, and the tickets that you are interested in.
Example:

6th grader-
8th grader

Team Up for Wildlife, The American Story, Disney's World of Physics, Dynamics of Technology, and Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion.

We would like to do 2 different classes, maybe 1 at the Magic Kingdom and 1 at EPCOT or the Animal Kingdom.

7 day premium tickets
2 children, 2 adult

Just post on here, e-mail me (jeanneg4of4@woh.rr.com), or PM me.
BTW, I have also posted this on tour guide mikes site with lots of interest over there.

plaese let me know if you have any questions,
Jeanne

mouselovr
06-07-2010, 01:56 AM
When are you planning on doing this? We won't be arriving until Sun after Thanksgiving if I can get the date to come that week. Will you have already done it by then?

vgrandy
06-07-2010, 05:43 AM
My kids are going to be
4th grade
6th grade

They are really interested in World of Physics: Energy and Waves but would also consider Wild by Nature.

We are interested in doing 1 class between 11/29-12/2. We need 4 day hopper tickets for 2 children and 3 adults (if possible to get the extra adult ticket).

Victoria

hsmamato2
06-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Discounted Park Tickets and Educational Class for 5th-12th graders and families.
I am trying to form a Y.E.S. group for
NOVEMBER 26- NOVEMBER 30, 2010
here is a link to the Disney web page on that program.

We may be able to sign up,we're considering a trip at exactly those dates, I will keep a close eye on your thread while we decide if we can do it! (I'd have 2 kids)

my4devils
06-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I would also be interested in a class for elementary age children. My boys will be in 4th, 3rd and KG next fall. We are open to any class but prefer early am as we are take a break in the afternoon tourers. We will be arriving on 11/27 and departing on 12/4. We would need 3 Students and 3 Chaperone- 4 day base tickets.

jeanneg4of4
06-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Those interested in the YES program
The 3 areas of interest are
1. Dynamic of Technology at EPCOT (6th-12th) – Saturday, November 27th
2. Wild by Design at Animal Kingdom (2nd-9th) - Monday, November 29th
3. Properties of Motion at the magic Kingdom (3rd-12th)–Saturday, November 27th
The list if those interested are:
jeanneg4of4 –DS 6th & DS 8th-*
Localgirl DS 17yo & DD 14yo
Headoflife- 7th & 10th
ophabour – DD 4th, DD 6th*
numbat1 – DS 10yo*
wachnicki- 3rd, 9th, 10th
atotty- DD4th, DD8th,
anl- 4th
mouselovr- 4 kids?
vgrady- 4th, 6th
poohscrew- 2nd, 4th, 8th
hsmanato- 2 kids?
My4devils- k, 3rd, 4th
Kathy- 6th, 4th
Happilysingle- 2 kids?
I can fax the request for the classes before I send in the money for the classes and tickets. I would like to send the request within the next week or two. Please let me know that you are or are not interested in the class and which ones so I can do this. I would like to get our first choice. It looks like we may have enough interest to do 2 classes. If these classes and/or dates are not good for you please let me know. I based the information on the feedback that I received.

Jeanne

headoflife
06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
This is designed for older kids. The age range listed is 10-12th grade and it meets at AK. it talks about careers in animal science and does go backstage.

If we have enough people to do 2 groups I can lead 1. I would really prefer a group of older kids, since I have read that the older kids in a mixed group got bored. I would need to have the class by 11/27, since we will leave by then.

jeanneg4of4
06-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Keepers of the kingdom looks like a great class and we were interested in this class early on. However, this is one class that they have a stricked age limit rule. You must be 16 yo or older. If anyone is in this age group and would like to participate in this group as oppose to another group please let me know. At this pont I was hoping to do 2 class. One focusing on a younger group and one focusing on an older group of kids. I do think the classes will be more enjoyable if the kids are in a group of their peers :thumbsup2.
Jeanne

headoflife
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Darn! Even my older one will be just under 16. Oh well. It sounds like a great class.

vgrandy
06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
My kids would like to do the Wild by Nature 8:30 class. The date works for us.

Victoria

Local_Girl
06-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Okay, now only my DS is interested in attending...DD has decided against it :sad1:, so minus one for us. Fortunately, it seems you have enough interest that this shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, we'd like to do either one of the following, in order of preference:

1) Dynamics of Technology

2) Properties of Motion

My DH is very interested in attending as a chaperone if possible. I'm not sure what the requirements are for chaperones, or what is allowed if there is a limit. It's okay if he isn't able to go, and we'd understand since technically DS (11th gr next year) is old enough that he won't need a parent along. Just let us know.

Thanks again Jeanne for putting all of this together! :goodvibes

Janet Hill
06-24-2010, 09:10 AM
The dates are good for us and my kids are most interested in Properties of Motion and their second choice is Dynamics of Tech.

Their actual pref is to do one of the above (since both are on same day) and also do the class at Animal Kingdom.

Hope this all works out, my kids are super excited and well I would like to save some cash.

thanks again for putting this together.

vgrandy
06-28-2010, 02:27 PM
do you have a timeline for buying the tickets? (I know November is still pretty far away, just wondering how long I have to save up). Will you purchase them then send them to us? Do we have the option of purchasing ourselves? How does that work?

mydisneyobsession
06-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I have two children - a 1st grader and a 3rd grader - and we will be in WDW from 11/25 - 12/4. We would be very interested in participating if we could get into a group. I'll keep reading up on the subject and watch this thread for more information. Thanks so much!

Edited to add that Properties of Motion would fit into our schedule perfectly, and would be our first choice. The Animal Kingdom class would be our only other option due to the ages of my kids, and we would gladly do it, although it would not fit our schedule as well.

Kami

nstem
06-30-2010, 05:36 PM
My DD15 might loves this. We are also doing some Mousetacular events that weekend so I have to watch the budget.

jeanneg4of4
07-01-2010, 04:30 AM
OK, just an update. I have sent in 3 request for 3 different programs and age groups. It looks like we will have enough interst for 2 groups.I can always add people or change things if we need to. I just wanted to get things set in stone, see what our options are, so we can begain to plan more. When I hear from the YES program I will let you know. The ticket prices will go up in September so, I wanted the money for the tickets before September ( 3rd or 4th week of Aug.). Please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments and feel free to PM me or e-mail me if you like.
Jeanne

my4devils
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Quick question- we are very interested for my 3rd and 4th grader however my kindergartener will be too little for the classes. Can I still order him a discounted ticket with everybody else or do I get him regular priced admission on my own?

mh1973
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
OK, just an update. I have sent in 3 request for 3 different programs and age groups. It looks like we will have enough interst for 2 groups.I can always add people or change things if we need to. I just wanted to get things set in stone, see what our options are, so we can begain to plan more. When I hear from the YES program I will let you know. The ticket prices will go up in September so, I wanted the money for the tickets before September ( 3rd or 4th week of Aug.). Please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments and feel free to PM me or e-mail me if you like.
Jeanne

Do you know what the new prices will be?

jeanneg4of4
07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I do not know what the new prices will be. They are not releasing that information. You can buy 1 extra ticket per perticipant ticket. Example, if you have three children participating then you can buy 3 extra tickets at the same price.
Jeanne

Allycat824
07-04-2010, 11:20 PM
My kids would be interested in Wild By Nature at Animal Kingdom on 11/29.
DD 6th grader & DS 4th grader.
I sent you a PM. Thanks! :earsboy:

jeanneg4of4
07-05-2010, 03:29 AM
allycat824 I sent you a PM in responce to the one you sent me. I am sorry. When I read my post it sounded like I did not know the price of the tickets. I have posted the current ticket price on the first page. What I am not sure of is the new prices coming out in Sept. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Jeanne

jeanneg4of4
07-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Due to Thanksgiving, classes are limited. I have spoke with Leah Rosch the booking coordinator and have come up with a few options. I need this information as soon as possible so we can book the class.
1. Energy and Waves at the Magic Kingdom on Monday November 29th @ 11 am.
2. Wild by nature at the Animal Kingdom on Saturday Novermber @ 8 am.

I would like for you to let me know what your #1 preference is and if you would be willing to consider the other option. I would also like to know how many participants, their grade, how many total tickets will be needed, your screen name, real name. Like this

Jeanneg4of4, Jeanne, 6th grader & 8th Grader, #1 Energy and Waves, #2 Wild by Nature. I will need a total of 2 participant tickets and 3 extra tickets (5 tickets total).

Thanks, Jeanne

vgrandy
07-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Victoria/vgrandy, #1 Energy and Waves, #2 Wild by Nature, I have a 4th grader and 6th grader. We need 2 participant tickets and 3 extra tickets.

esox
07-08-2010, 07:06 AM
My sister and I might be interested. I just need to check with her to see if the dates work for her. Thank you for organizing this!!

Local_Girl
07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Local_Girl; Susan; 9th grader and 11th grader; #1 Energy and Waves; #2 Wild by Nature. I will need a total of 2 participant tickets and 2 extra tickets (4 tickets total).

Ah, I wondered if the Thanksgiving holiday would be an issue. Not a problem for us though, assuming the Wild by Nature class is on Sat. 11/27. Would my DS be able to attend the Wild by Nature class if he is older than the recommended age? He is willing, if necessary if the 1st choice is not available. Please put my DD (9th grader) back on the list as she IS interested in either of these classes. Sorry for the flip-flopping. This is also assuming the kids are the participants and the parents are the extras. FYI, either DH and/or I can attend as chaperones if needed. Thanks again, Jeanne! :goodvibes

Allycat824
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I sent you a PM. Thanks Jeanne!! :goodvibes

jeanneg4of4
07-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Ok, I have the classes and dates confirmed. We have Wild by Nature at the Animal Kingdon on Saturday, November 27 @ 8:30 am and Energy and Waves at the Magic Kigdom on Monday November 29th @ 11:00 am. I am sending each individual the information that I have so please let me know if your information is correct or if I need to update it. Also, if you no longer are interested please let me know. I have a few who said they were interested but have not responded to my PM's. If you do not recieve a PM from me please let me know. I have tryed to keep everything organized but just want to make sure I have not missed anyone who is interested.Thanks!
Jeanne

hopeandtink
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I am interested. I have a 4th,5th, and 7th grader. I would also need 2 adult and 1 child ticket. Our dates are Nov 27-Dec. 3. Thanks!!!

Mouse House Mama
07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I have never heard of this program and am so excited! I know my kids would love to do some of these things. I just wanted to know though- do they have any classes for kids younger than 3rd grade?

jeanneg4of4
07-25-2010, 01:39 PM
After looking at your post it looks like you had some questions that I did not answer. I will only get the paper work right before the trip. It will have all the details as to when and where to meet and I will make copies and send them out to everyone. I think I will only get a total amount due for the class and tickets, not individual orders as they see this as a group. The prices are on their web site as well as on my the 1st page of the thread. I will be the price of the ticket plus shipping and handling. I will e-mail you a total close to the due date for the money but you can pretty much figure it out from using those numbers.It looks like we get the tickets with in a few weeks and I will be sending them to everyone certifyed, insured mail. We are only allowed 2 adults per class. I will be going to both classes, since I do feel responsible to make sure everything is organized correctly, but will be making a list of those intrested in helping. Originaly my adult daughhter and husband were going to help but I have had some interste by others and thought it would be cool to have other adults involved. I would also like to make something special for the kids that are going. I am making buttons for everyone (let me know if we have siblings not going to the class, wouldn't want to leave anyone out).I aam not very creative so if you would like to add anythinng for the kids or have any ides of things for the kids please let me know. I decided to name the class L.E.A.P. Learning Education And Play from a diser on here. There is a facebook page where we are (under our dates) if you ane interested, kind of like a rool call. I will post a list of everyone going if no one objects. lpease let me know if you have any questions!

Jeanne Gonzales

jeanneg4of4
07-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Here is a list of those who I have confirmed:
Jeanneg4of4, 12yo (6th grade), 14yo (8th grade) both classes
alllycat824, 11yo (6th), 9yo (4th) Energy & Waves
my4devils 8yo (3rd), 9yo (4th), Energy & Waves
Poohscrew, 2nd, 4th, 8th grade, Wild by Nature
vgrady, 9yo (4th), 12yo (6th), Energy & Waves
disneyaddict/mydisneyobsession 1st & 3rd, Wild By Nature
numbat1, 10yo (5th), 8yo (3rd), 8yo (3rd), Energy & Waves, 10yo (5th), Wild by nature
Ophaubour, 9yo (4th), 11yo (6th), Energy & Waves
Jlindemer, 3rd grader, Energy & Waves
cgonzo2480, 3r & 5th, Wild by nature
local Girl, 17yo(11th), 14 yo (9th), Energy & Waves
I also have a few who I am not sure of,
Janet Hill, 5th & 8th grade, Energy & Waves
attoty
stem61
nstem
dismon05
If this information is not correct please let me know. At this point, with who I have confirmed, I will have enough participants to accomadate all extra ticket requests. I will still have 4 available park tickets.
Jeanne

mydisneyobsession
07-25-2010, 09:31 PM
I have a quick question... The class we signed up for is the Animal Kingdom class which begins before park opening. Do non-chaperoning parents have access to the park, or do they have to wait outside?

Thanks!
Kami

jeanneg4of4
07-26-2010, 12:45 AM
My understanding is that only 2 chaperons (non student) may join the group. Anyone else would be treated like any other park goer. So, I would say that unless you are a chaperon (adult) or a participant (student) than no you can not go in the park.
Jeanne

jeanneg4of4
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I just spoke with the YES Program ticket coordinator and she informed me that every student must have a 1 day base ticket. Also, they do not offer 9 day tickets, just 8 & 10 day tickets. I PM'd those that I received information from. If someone is interested and I have not PM'd you please let me know. I will be sending you out a total cost for the classes as soon as I get them from the YES Program. I read on another thread that to use Paypal that you will need to include the 2.9% +.30 fee that they charge. I have never received money from paypal (just used it to pay for other things). I could not find this information on the site. If someone could clarify for me this would be greatly appreciated. please let me know if you have any questions as I am always happy to respond.

Jeanne

vgrandy
08-12-2010, 04:30 AM
from the paypal website:

Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account.

2.9% + $0.30 USD
when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit

(the sender decides who pays this fee)

jeanneg4of4
08-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks!
I guess that means as long as you don't use your debit or credit card than you will not need to add the extra fee. It was confusing to me because it also said fee applies when sending money to pay for a "good" or "service". When I went through the transaction stages, the only options that were given was "good" or "service". Again, Thank!
Jeanne

vgrandy
08-12-2010, 05:40 AM
nevermind. when it comes down to it if you pay with a balance or bank account it is free. Credit or debit has the fee.

stewpette
08-12-2010, 11:22 AM
We are very interested!
Stewpette (Lisa) - we have a 7 yr old, interested in Energy and Waves. We will need a total of 1 participant tickets and 2 extra tickets if possible (3 tickets total)
Thanks!

JenniJ
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
My DD will be 17 and in 11th grade. We are traveling from 11/27-12/4. It will be 4 ppl 3 adults and my DS/2 (no ticket needed)

How would this work if we are booked at a hotel using the FD package? I only bought the minium 2 day tickets and was planning on buying the rest of the stay tickets when we arrive. (to give us more time to save)

Can I combine? I KNOW DD would LOVE to do this. My sis was a teacher/leader for the Y.E.S. program a few years ago. My sis might even be going with us this year in place of my DH who can't go at this last minute.

PLEASE I really want to know more specifics. I hope this is not full.... :banana:

JenniJ
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I just want to say that I know my DD would like any of the programs. Just need to know the following:
Can I get in on this if staying at Dsney with FD and 2 day ticket package?
When do you need money and how much for 3 or 4 day hopper?
How much does the class/program cost minus the tickets?
When do you need the money by? Do you need all or a deposit? If deposit, when do you need to pay off balance?

Ohhhh.... SO excited!

jeanneg4of4
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
OK, I sent some more PM's to answer some questions. I hope I can help answer some more questions. Some in the group are doing the FD package and will be saving the tickets that come with the package to use at a later time and are buying a YES ticket for the student participating in the class. I have received 2 different answers stating that, no we do not need to buy a one day park ticket to participate (in an e-mail) and yes we do need at lease a 1 day YES ticket to participate. The cost of just the class is $26. All money is due by Aug 28th so we can pay by the 1st of Sept. I was told by the YES coordinator that the prices will/can go up after Sept. but have read on here where the prices increase at the beginning of the year. The prices are on the first page however, I received an e-mail with prices including tax that I will use to calculate the total cost of everyone's tickets when I e-mail each individual total prices. I will also include postal insurance to the total price (prices obtained from the USPS site). I will eat the cost of shipping and handling since I will not need to pay for postal insurance (kind of evens the prices out). paypal is preferred (sender paying any extra fees) but will take a check as long as I have enough time for it to clear.I hope this answered your questions. If you have any more please let me know.
Jeanne

stewpette
08-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi!
Just checking in to see if things have been finalized for this group? I am still hoping to get my daughter in on the 11/29 class - I sent a PM.
Thanks,
Lisa

trustknoone
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Jeanne

I sent you a PM also. Is it too late to get in on this one? I do not have paypal (although I can try and set it up if you want) but can put a check in the mail today. I would need to attend the Wild By Nature program on the 27th, the child (DD) is 12 going in to 7th grade and we would be happy to attend with her and the other kids if you need/want help. I couldn't find where you list ages for that class so i hope she falls in the age group. If this works we would need 3 Park Hopper Tics for 5 days. Let me know asap so I can get your check in the mail or try and setup my own group.

Thanks
Angela

jeanneg4of4
08-23-2010, 04:57 AM
I have sent out PM's to everyone who has said that they are interested in the program. The total amount due is noted in the PM, with payment due by August 28th. If you are paying per paypal let me know if you do not have my e-mail address. I sent it a few pm's ago but have had some new interest that I may have skiped. I can also give you my address if sending a chack. Be forwarned that if you are sending a check I need to have it and have it cleared before paying for the tickets. I still need some information from some of you. I sent PM's requesting the needed information if you could please get back to me ASAP so I can get this all organized. As always please let me know if you have any questions.
Jeanne

jeanneg4of4
08-24-2010, 04:33 AM
I want to thank those who have submited their ticket payments and also want to stress that paypal will add a 2.9% +.30 charge to accounts not liked to a bank account or not a current paypal balance. The amonuts that I gave you do not include these fees. If you chose to not link your account with your bank account and use a credit card or eCheck ($5.00 fee). then please add the amonut when sending the money. If you have any questions please let me know.
Jeanne

Allycat824
08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey Jeanne,

Hadn't heard from you, just wanted to ck on the pmt and see if you knew how long it takes Disney to send out the tickets.

Thanks,
Kathy :earsboy:

trustknoone
09-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Jeanne

It's been over a week since we heard anything, do you have any info from Disney on when you will have the tickets to mail out to everyone?

Thanks
Angela

vgrandy
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Any updates??

Victoria

Atotty
09-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Jeanne posted over on TGM that she's still waiting for the tickets. That was on the 7th. Just FYI. :)

trustknoone
09-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Atotty

What's TGM? Is that TourGuideMike? Is it a thread on Dis or somewhere else?

Thanks

Atotty
09-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry...it's tourguidemike. She is combining Disboarders and TGMers to make the class.

:)

vgrandy
09-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Don't you have to pay to use those boards?

Is there a reason she can't update those of us on this board? Just seems a little weird to sign up a bunch of people from this board then not give any updates here.

jeanneg4of4
09-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Sorry for not updating everyone.There is really nothing to updata as WE are still waiting on the tickets to arrive in the mail. There was a little glitch concerning the count since it had changed since we first started and we have a "coordinator" and a "ticket specialist" to go throug, but everything is fine. So now we hurry up and wait. I expect them any day, actualy I thought we would have them by now. I responded to the TGM board as someone there had PM'd me. I did not intened to leave anyone out. But like I had previously stated, I had no news to relay. I do appologize as I did not realize that it had been so long since I had posted. I have been responding to individual pm and e-mails but I have seemed to neglect the thread. I have been working on my thesis and I just have no idea where all the time has gone. Again I can appreciate wanting an update especially after you just entrusted someone with your money and your vacation. NO disrespected intended. I promise that I will post on here the day I recieve the tickets and I will post the day I mail them off. If at any time you have a question or a comment, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me.

Jeanne

jeanneg4of4
09-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I also wanted everyone to know that I will buying the discounted MVMCP once the park tickets are mailed out. If you are interested please let me know. I will post a "last call" after I send out the park tickets so we don't leave anyone out. I did send out PM's with the discounted days and prices. If for some reason you did not recieve the e-mail let me know. The link would not open on the TGM site but I was able to open it on the disboards but like I said , if you have any problems, let me know.

Jeanne

vgrandy
09-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks Jeanne. Hard to be patient when there is so much money involved. :) I was looking at the December thread and it looked like they had their tickets a week after ordering. Guess they will be arriving soon. Thanks for everything.

Local_Girl
09-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the update Jeanne. Yep, it's especially hard to be patient cuz they're DISNEY tickets, LOL! :yay:

Anyway, good luck with your thesis. I'm not doing anything quite so involved here, but with the start of school, car issues, medical issues, etc. things have been crazy around our house too.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the MK in just a few weeks! :thumbsup2

jeanneg4of4
09-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Just received the tickets in the mail however we are missing 3 tickets.The money seems to all be right for the 42 tickets purchased, however, we have 39 tickets sent. I have an e-mail and voice mail out to our ticket specialist and coordinator. I will hang on to the tickets just in case there is an issue. I am sure this is just an oversight and should be fixed soon. I am glad we purchased them in advance to allow time for any glitches. Again if you have any questions let me know.
Jeanne

jeanneg4of4
09-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Ok, I have all the tickets and plan on mailing them out by Friday, Sept 24, 2010. I also plan on getting the MVMCP tickets in a week on Fri, Oct. 1. Everyone interested please either send a chack via snail mail or paypal. If you need my address or paypal account let me know.
Jeanne

Local_Girl
09-23-2010, 05:46 AM
:woohoo::cool1::thumbsup2

Yay! Thanks for the update, Jeanne!

vgrandy
09-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Great News!! So excited to have the tickets in my hands.

jeanneg4of4
09-25-2010, 05:41 PM
OK, I have mailed the tickets. If you have any questions let me know. I do have 2 people who i do not have addresses for but i pm'd you. I will be ordering MVMCP tickets on fri if anyone is interested.
Jeanne

trustknoone
09-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the update and all the work you put in. Will let you know when I get the tickets.

mydisneyobsession
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
I got my tickets yesterday! Thanks so much, Jeanne!

Now that I have the tickets in hand I'm SOOOOOO excited!

Allycat824
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Got my tickets yesterday too!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :cool1:

Thanks so much Jeanne!

Disney here we come!!!
:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy::earsboy:

jeanneg4of4
09-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Just wanted everyone to know that on the back of the tickets it says "youth". This is because it is associated with the YES youth program. They are intended for use by everyone, adult and child.
Jeanne

trustknoone
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Yippie got my tickets today, Thanks again Jeanne