PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Card

donnajz
05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
I recently received a $200 Disney Rewards card in my name for opening a Chase Disney VISA. We just got another offer in the mail to open up a credit card with the same $200 Disney Rewards offer so my husband opened up an account in his name. The problem is he’s not going to Disney with us in August. Will I be able to use the $200 Disney Rewards card that’s in his name when I go to Disney or can it only be used by him?

Gr8t Fan
05-27-2010, 07:41 AM
You'll be able to use his card.

tzolkin
05-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Gr8t Fan is right, you will have no problem using the card.

It basically just looks like a gift card and anyone can use it. The only info on it is an expiration date.

I believe you can also use it over the phone to pay toward your package. (If you have room-only you could use he card to pay some of your balance at check-in.)

blaze1599
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I was told you had to "redeem" the rewards before you can use it to pay for the trip. Once the trip was charged to the card you CANNOT use the rewards to pay it. That didnt sound right to me but after speaking with a supervisor they assured me that was the policy.

On the plus side I got the 200 reward offer for myself today. Our other card is in my wifes name. WOOHOO 200 more reward dollars

DisneyMomma81
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I got the same offer yesterday! Does this mean I'm pre-approved? I completed the app online ~ and was told I'll get a response in the mail, this makes me think I won't get one - but maybe - I figure if I was approved I would've been notified online, once I had completed the app??