PDA

View Full Version : Late night ADRs, DxDDP and Young children at the table

kittycat9
05-26-2010, 09:19 PM
My husband is doing divequest one night, and it doesn't end until 7PM. Since we have DxDDP, we aren't going to schedule an ADR until 8PM. However, I know I'm going to have to feed my younger son prior to then and no amount of 'snacking' is going to hold him over that late. Will it be okay to use his dinner credit for counter service, and just let him have desert that we would buy out of pocket or use a snack credit at the table? Or will they want us to use an entire dining credit because he's with us?

Thanks.

catne
05-26-2010, 09:31 PM
you're fine doing exactly what you're talking about...you're never required to use a credit or pay for a meal UNLESS you're at a buffet & the person is 3 or older. At a regular waiter-service meal, you can order or not-just be sure to tell the waiter you'll be paying OOP for the child's food.

kittycat9
05-26-2010, 09:34 PM
You're awesome. Thank you so much :)

TDC Nala
05-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Not just buffets - all you can eat family style meals (like Garden Grill or 'Ohana), fixed price fixed menu meals (CRT or Akershus), or dinner shows, you will need to pay per person.

If you have any a la carte TS booked you probably will be fine.

You won't be able to use a snack credit at a TS restaurant, but you can pay OOP for an appetizer or dessert.

kittycat9
05-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Good to know - thank you. :thumbsup2
I just finished my ADR request and sent it to IPO. All the last minute help I got over the past few days in answers and searching the board was a lifesaver.

CathieArms
05-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Another suggestion for you that worked well for us when we went last year with ds who was 4...

Consider making later breakfast ADRs, later lunch ADRs, and then later dinner ADRs.

For example:

Get to whatever park at 8 or 9, and then have breakfast at 10:30 or 10:45. You can take along something like an Oatmeal Breakfast Square if your little guy will be hungry before you eat breakfast. You'll finish breakfast around 11:30, so have lunch at about 2:30. You'll finish lunch around 3:30, so have dinner around 8:00. It really worked well for us.