PDA

View Full Version : When Advertised Store Prices Are WRONG....

DisneyFan32WI
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
During my many visits to Walmart, I notice signs on the door indicating that an advertised product's price is incorrect.
How many of you have ever gone to a store simply because of an advertised special, only to find that there is an error on their flyer and they won't honor the price?
So far, I haven't been interested in any of these products that were priced incorrectly, but it would bother me if I drove all the way there only to find out there is no deal!
Today's sign was about a 24 pack of Coke that was advertised as $5, but it was $6 at the door.
Personally, I think they should honor the advertised price. Hanging a sign on the door is not good customer service.
Like I said, I am a frequent visitor to the store for home and work supplies, and I see this ALL the time!

QVCshopper
05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
When I encounter this, I just leave the store without spending anything. Makes me mad, as well; I can only respond by them losing my business. BTW, $5 for 24 pack of sode isn't that great--I've seen $2 for 12 packs, especially around the summer holiday weekends.

Jana49
05-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Don't let the small stuff irritate you. Just chalk it up to human error and go on.

MomToOne
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Today's sign was about a 24 pack of Coke that was advertised as $5, but it was $6 at the door.

Interesting - Walmart has been running TV ads like crazy promoting their $5 Coke 24 packs as one of many "Rollbacks" around here (Northern CA), and it has been that price in the stores. I thought it was a nationwide campaign, but I could be wrong. Although if it IS a nationwide campaign, I wonder why your store isn't honoring it....

ETA: I think I've got it - you're in WI. It's the minimum markup law keeping them from offering the $5 price.

DisneyFan32WI
05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Interesting - Walmart has been running TV ads like crazy promoting their $5 Coke 24 packs as one of many "Rollbacks" around here (Northern CA), and it has been that price in the stores. I thought it was a nationwide campaign, but I could be wrong. Although if it IS a nationwide campaign, I wonder why your store isn't honoring it....

That IS interesting! Our community can EASILY afford $6 packs of Coke-that is probably why they aren't honoring it for $5!

SaraJayne
05-26-2010, 03:09 PM

ETA: I think I've got it - your in WI, and the unfair markup law is hitting you!

I'm in WI and that commercial is on my TV right now. ;)

SCHBR'smom
05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
On my phone, I took a picture of a sign at the local Walmart. It was a SAVE EVEN MORE sign. It had the old price in the corner which was $2.82. And the new price was $3.97. I don't even remember what the product was, but the sign cracked me up. Oh, and I did not buy it.

I know that isn't exactly what you were asking, but it reminded me. I've never had a problem, though, with a store honoring the advertised price. Sorry.

patsal
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Honestly the only thing that bugs me more than that is no prices--no signage, no shelf tags--way to have line item pricing wavers and then keep it a mystery!

cindycastle30
05-26-2010, 05:02 PM
It is because we are in Wisconsin, if you look at the small print in the online ads, WI is one of the states that won't have the sale price. I hate the minimum markup law, always seems like we miss the deals. Pick n Save/Copps has Pepsi Products 5/$10 this week if you are in need of a good soda deal. Sort of funny how they can sell it for cheaper than Walmart and thats okay.

here757
05-26-2010, 05:39 PM
lol that reminds me of my situation in kmart...
our kmart is getting rid of groceries.. they had pickles for 2.39 with 90 percent off.
the cashier and customer service desk refused to honor.
i took the last two jar of pickles .. they refused to send anyone to the shelf.
i got the manager and walked her to it. she saw the sign and honored it

then i reported the rude customer service rep. i told the manger that my children do not back talk me. i sure wouldnt allow his store employees to do it.

i had two different run ins with her LOL

DisneyFan32WI
05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
On my phone, I took a picture of a sign at the local Walmart. It was a SAVE EVEN MORE sign. It had the old price in the corner which was $2.82. And the new price was $3.97. I don't even remember what the product was, but the sign cracked me up. Oh, and I did not buy it.

I know that isn't exactly what you were asking, but it reminded me. I've never had a problem, though, with a store honoring the advertised price. Sorry.

ROFL...that would be funny to see.

PurplePinkleEater
05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm in Southern Indiana and our Walmart had 24-packs for $3.97!!!! So I stocked up on Coke Zero.

daleswife
05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
When I encounter this, I just leave the store without spending anything. Makes me mad, as well; I can only respond by them losing my business. BTW, $5 for 24 pack of sode isn't that great--I've seen $2 for 12 packs, especially around the summer holiday weekends.

Wow, I haven't seen a 12 pack for $2 since I moved from Charleston SC!!! Here its $5 for a 24 pack of coke or pepsi products and its $3.50 for a 12 pack.....So honestly even if it were $6 for a 24 pk, Id get it cause two 12 pks would be $7!!!

Edit: I moved from charleston, SC about 8 years ago!!!

friend2Figment
05-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I too went for this deal, well I left with nothing. I was going to check if Shopko or Target would price match. I got to Target and they did not have any 24 packs but they did have twelve packs 5 for $15 with a $5 gift card so it is $3 a pack on sale or $2 once you get the gift card. Plus I bought all the other stuff I went to Walmart for at Target. Now I have $20 in gift cards to spend on stuff for vacation since I was going to pay the $3 a 12pk at Walmart. That will be enough bandaid, wetwipes, pain meds and treats for the trip down.

QVCshopper
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, I haven't seen a 12 pack for $2 since I moved from Charleston SC!!! Here its $5 for a 24 pack of coke or pepsi products and its $3.50 for a 12 pack.....So honestly even if it were $6 for a 24 pk, Id get it cause two 12 pks would be $7!!!

Edit: I moved from charleston, SC about 8 years ago!!!

I'm in southeastern PA. My little food store has Pepsi/Coke for $2 sometimes; this week the ACME has buy 5 12-packs for $11, get a free name brand sausage (which is probably worth a few bucks itself). And last week, I got 4 12-packs, plus a 20+ indiv chips bag for $11. I like living here! Much cheaper than NY where I grew up.

daleswife
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm in southeastern PA. My little food store has Pepsi/Coke for $2 sometimes; this week the ACME has buy 5 12-packs for $11, get a free name brand sausage (which is probably worth a few bucks itself). And last week, I got 4 12-packs, plus a 20+ indiv chips bag for $11. I like living here! Much cheaper than NY where I grew up.

12 pks rarely go on sale here!!! At walmart they are $3.50, but at grocery stores that i go to they are $4.50 and the grocery store closest to my house (which I dont go to cause everything there is way too expensive), they are almost $5!!!!! I have to travel at least an hour just get to a Walmart!!! I love living here too though. Wouldn't change a thing!!! :love:

mrsmom
05-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Here i cincy our 24 pack is $3.88 at walmart.

kwitcherkicken99
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Walmart is inconsistant in their pricing and I no longer shop there for that reason. There have been several items that I have found cheaper elsewhere.

Jenny18199
05-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Here in Indy, WalMart has 24 packs of Coke and Pepsi products for $3.88. The 12 packs were $3.98.

MissBritt
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Just an FYI for Southerners-

if an item rings up incorrectly at checkout (higher than advertised price) at Publix stores, you will get one of that item FREE.

Mom2Ben02
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Just an FYI for Southerners-

if an item rings up incorrectly at checkout (higher than advertised price), you will get one of that item FREE.

Some stores in IL do that, too. I went to Dominick's (safeway) for a deal they had on jumbo scallops. I can't remember the exact pricing, but 1 lb was something like $8, and a 5 lb bag was $37. My mom and I were going to split a 5 lb bag. She rang it up, I paid, and then looked at my receipt. I took it over to customer service and she verified the price. I waited for my $3, and was shocked when she handed me $40.

Those were the best scallops EVER. :lovestruc

swilshire
06-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Walmart is inconsistant in their pricing and I no longer shop there for that reason. There have been several items that I have found cheaper elsewhere.

It's all about pricing at other stores in that area. They price match, but ironically not with their own stores. The closest Walmart to me was several dollars higher on baby formula that the one 15 miles away. They refused to meet the price since it was another Walmart.

Sheila

MattMatts-Momma
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Our Walmart has got to be the worst with items ringing up incorrectly. Walmart makes a killing on just the items that ring up wrong, higher priced of course.

They also do another trick that really irritates me. They will mix up the items on the shelf. This week I was buying some Lea & Perrins sauce and they had the large bottles where the smaller bottles should have been and the smaller ones where the large bottles should go. If you don't compare the shelf sticker to the product you will buy the one that costs more. I have noticed this practice in most of the departments, even in pets. Our store also has alot of items that have no shelf price.

I have had them charge me twice for a bottle of wine, $12.00. I am glad I noticed before I left the store, otherwise they may have thought I did buy 2 bottles. That day I had a chat with the store manager..who had the deer in the headlight look the entire time I was rambling.. He said that they were "trying" to get the prices right. I told him man you have got to try harder, this happens to me every time I come in this store. The excuse for the wine ringing up twice was that the enter button on that register was broken and not working correctly. Okay, it's not like there wasn't 18 other checkouts that were closed??? They had to use that register.

I am glad I check my receipt before I leave, I feel bad for those who don't. A couple of dollars, even cents, add up over time.

Okay, vent over.

J3nn78
06-08-2010, 07:29 AM
I have always had the experience that they give me the lowest advertised price (in their store) when they have made the mistake.
Last year, they had a whole shelf of pencil bags mismarked (under a $0.50 sign) that should have been $1.49. I took 30 of them (wish I had gotten more) and brought them to the register. They scanned at the higher price. I pointed out the sign on the shelf (it was the only item on the endcap) and they had a manager come and give me the advertised price. She then promptly called someone to get a ladder and change the price.
Oh, and around here, my local grocery store regularly sells Pepsi or Coke 12packs for $1.99

SaraJayne
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
We stopped shopping at our local hometown grocery store due to pricing errors.

Every single time we've went in there, things ring up wrong. :headache: Every. Single. Time.

And every single time, we point it out and are assured it will be fixed...blah blah blah.

Yup, it never is. So we gave them two years of our business and finally said enough.

We now take our business to Festival, where we love the store, the staff and we know the pricing/signage/computers will be correct. :)