PDA

View Full Version : Is the Liberty Tree Tavern good at lunchtime?

Tigger's Pal
08-12-2002, 04:14 PM
I just made PS ressies at the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch in October. I was wondering if the food is good (it seems to get good ratings) and what is not to miss on their menu. We opted not to do the character dinner and try it for lunch instead.

Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions!!

Tigger's Pal

Maistre Gracey
08-12-2002, 05:36 PM
YES!

We only eat there for lunch. It used to be better when they offered the "one if by land" (beef stew in a bread bowl), and the apple butter spread for the bread.

Have Fun! :cool:

CaliforniaDreaming
08-12-2002, 06:31 PM
We've eaten at LTT twice, both times for lunch. I really like it. :)

chell
08-12-2002, 06:31 PM
My husband says that he had the best cheeseburger there. He had that burger almost a year ago and he still talks about how good it was! I had the turkey dinner which was great!

cinmell
08-13-2002, 06:48 AM
Which would you recommend the most, lunch or dinner at LTT? Silly questions, but is the turkey that is served all white meat or can you request that? Thanks!

dbond
08-13-2002, 09:01 AM
I had the best salad at LTT for lunch one day. I have tried to re-create at home and failed miserably. It had field greens, chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers & pecans chopped really fine, a fruity vinaigrette dressing. It was a huge portion, I couldn't possible finish it all since I filled up on bread & apple butter before my salad even arrived. I do remember that the day we ate there it was a really hot day and the bottomless glasses of ice tea were such a blessing.

lucki4
08-13-2002, 09:08 AM
I think this was one of the best meals we had!
My son and I had the turkey. To the best of my recollection, it was thick slabs of white meat.

ceburto2
08-13-2002, 09:50 AM
We always eat at Liberty Tree for lunch when in the Magic Kingdom. I agree that it was better when they had the apple butter and the beef stew in a bread bowl but our lunch last week was outstanding. We always go for a early lunch with priority seating and never have had to wait more than 5 minutes. We had a great window seat this last time and got in some fun air-conditioned people watching.

Enjoy,
ceburto2;)

cinmell
08-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond! We can't wait to have lunch there!

Regina
08-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Shh......don't let everyone know how good lunch is here. It's our little secret.;)

Not only is the food delicious, it's reasonably priced.

This is a "must do" when we go to WDW.

Tigger's Pal
08-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone for replying! I'm excited to go, and excited to try new foods in the World. We're having dinner at Alfredo's for my b-day on October 7th and last time we were there the food was wonderful. I was disappointed to see it make it to one of the bottom 10 restaurants! Hopefully it will still be good.

Much appreciated!
Tigger's Pal

DancingBear
08-13-2002, 12:57 PM
We've done lunch at LTT a couple of times and although I can't remember exactly what we ate, I do remember that it was a refreshing break from the bustle of the parks, and we had a nice (but a bit blurry through the "old-style" glass) view out the window.

We are doing dinner at LTT in December. Haven't done this yet but remember that dinner is an all-you-can-eat family style character meal so I expect atmosphere will be a bit different than at lunch.

PrincessAurora
08-13-2002, 01:23 PM
I had so been looking forward to eating here. I know that with the exception of EPCOT, park food isn't on the par with most resort eateries but this was TERRIBLE!

I would not rate is worst (that is Nine Dragons) but third on my list of places never to eat at again.

It started when we arrived. They "announce" the families as they are seated like "Now seating the Johnson Family from the Colony of Virginia". We were the ONLY ones not announced.

It's cheesy but we were all for cheese and felt left out. "Sargent, party of 2" just isn't the same.

This place is sponsored by Stoffers. If you like Stoffers frozen food, PLEASE buy some at the store and microwave it because it is better than this.

This was our last day in The World. We were catching a plane that afternoon and wanted a last bit of Disney Magic. My girlfriend was OK with her food (she got the beef stew) but said it was nothing special and she could make better at home.

My cheesy grits were SO SALTY they must have dumped a whole container of salt into all the food. I LOVE grits and they were inedible. The waiter and the manager tried to make things right but the replacement food was limp and salty as well. I REALLY wanted them to make the chef eat the entire tub of salty grits as penance.

The best thing about it was specialty drink that was like a half and half bar.

Gave it a C+. They tried but it was bad. The best food I have found so far in MK is a PB&J at Aunt Polly's. Still wanting to try Cindy's and Tony's.

icelady
08-13-2002, 02:36 PM
A great place for lunch. Second only to Yacht Club Galley.

chell
08-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by cinmell
Which would you recommend the most, lunch or dinner at LTT? Silly questions, but is the turkey that is served all white meat or can you request that? Thanks!

Mine was all white meat.

amyntx
08-14-2002, 09:51 PM
I especially remember the crab cakes! The only negative for us was my dd's meal. She ordered mac & cheese from the kids menu........it was definitely a Stoffers frozen dinner and she didn't like it at all. She is usually pretty easy to please when it comes to mac & cheese. I hated spending $ for a kids meal and then have her not eat it.