PDA

View Full Version : If I'm on the dining plan, how do I book CRT online without being charged?

SeeJackRunn
05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I need to do a little rearranging, and was considering booking CRT. How do I make this reservation without being charged? I want to use my dining credits for it.

Thanks

honeybunches
05-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I had to charge it on my card too. I called to ask about it & the lady told me that I could use my dining credits when we get the restaurant & they will issue a refund at that time.

SeeJackRunn
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks

DaisyLynn
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
If you have a package booked with the dining plan (not quick service), you should not be charged. They will take your CC information to guarantee the reservation, but you will not be charged unless you are a no-show. You will just need to provide your package confirmation number showing that you are booked with one of the qualifying dining plans.

Edited to add: I just noticed that you were specifically looking for how to do this online. There is a place where you are able to plug in your package reservation number - when you select your time and go to check out, you will see that the balance owed is 0.00 for your reservation. You will provide a CC number at that time. The fine print will give you the cancellation policy and all that good stuff.

cassandrap83
05-24-2010, 09:28 PM
DO NOT pre pay for this.

It is a known problem that sometimes guests can't book CRT online without prepaying, even if you have already 'associated' your reservation with the booking.

This happened to me last week. To resolve the problem, you need to actually call & book it.

TDC Nala
05-25-2010, 12:27 PM
THe problem with booking online is that the system does not always work correctly. Sometimes even if you input your room reservation it will not recognize that you are on the dining plan and ask you to prepay.

If this happens you are going to have to either call and make the reservation by phone, or do the prepayment and get refunded when you arrive.

cavepig
05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
If on the dining plan and doing CRT you need to call because you don't need to give them a credit card.

My aunt did it online and put in her credit card and it was charged so she called and the lady said the online system is messed up. Unfortunately she had to cancel her original ADR and ended up with a later time, but her card she get credited back.

TDC Nala
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Sometimes the online system works for this, sometimes it doesn't. This is a real problem if for some reason you can't make the reservation by phone.

The only way to guarantee that it will work with no prepayment is to make the reservation by phone (even then they mess it up sometimes - pay close attention to what they're telling you)

squirrel
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
The other posters are correct. You need to make sure that the balance is 0. If it shows the amount of the meal - don't book. You can either call or start again and try to get the online system to recognize you have the DDP.

If you book it and have it charged to your CC, you either have to cancel your reservation to get it credited before your trip or you have to wait til you get to CRT and they can credit it.